As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla]nta's List: Naughty or Nice (mini) - Day 6

191011121315»

• Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    That went well, why did you shoot me though?

Too eager to get on the nice list?

The caroling Gremlins will live on my spirit of disliking Christmas!

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    That and they'll take over Santa's drug trade.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pStn5Zwxz7E

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    I really liked the idea of this game, but the mafia was really overpowered if you were to do this again. If people are allowed to choose sides like that, you need at least as many guaranteed nice villagers as guaranteed naughty mafia, because the mafia have the advantage of being masoned.

The one thing you had going for you is the stigma of the neutral parties being village, so that even when I offered a guaranteed victory, they wouldn't take it because they felt like it would be selling out the mafia.

Good game overall. Thanks for hosting.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    The vote being an unknown quantity hurt the village much, much more than it hurt the mafia. Just because they also didn't know which one would take someone out of the game doesn't really matter, because they represent a minority to the vote and can't really control where it lands anyway.

The village's only reliable tool is the vote. If you take that away from them, they are seriously fucked. Considering that most of the players spent the entire game trying to figure out what their win condition even was or what the village was or even who the mafia was, it really hamstrung the village to not be able to reliably remove people thought to be mafia.

Like, my present was to put two people on the nice vote. But if someone hadn't done the thing where the vote was revealed, it would have been completely useless. What's the point of trying to get people I was fairly sure were good conversion targets voted nice when there's the same chance that one of them will just get removed from the game? Parts of the game were conflicting with each other.

I had fun trying to figure out what was going on, though. I figured once I started really publicly doing stuff I'd get killed.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
  • Options
    MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    Apologies Langly for getting you killed. I was a lot busier than I expected to be and my accidently offing the guard (not that I knew you were one) made it obvious that I didn't have enough time to devote to this game.

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    I figured once I started really publicly doing stuff I'd get killed.

Yes, but by the vig? :P

• Options
    MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    A vig who really wasn't paying much attention.

Bad vig.

• Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    At first I was disappointed not to be able to play this due to holiday obligations, but then I realized when looking over the game during play that my red/green colorblindness would have been a serious, serious problem in this game.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    I attribute this win to my excellent deception and uncanny predictions.

Truly I am a master Phalla player.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Yeah, I do feel like this game was a little slanted towards the mafia, but all the inactivity didn't help. Innovative new mechanics and the holiday forum lull didn't really play nice together.

But thanks for running, captainplanet! Was fun.

Oh, and:
    2165707_o.gif

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Got the neutral role and realized that I had no way close to enough time to do the soft-networking required to do the role right. Was just going to sit around and wait to see if I got marked by either side but never happened. Was an interesting game but yea seemed like the village had very little means of acquiring information but that might have just been an effect of the inactivity. Thanks for running it, sorry I wasn't around

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    BradicusMaximusBradicusMaximus Pssssssssyyyyyyyy duckRegistered User regular
    I started to enjoy it once I had a grasp of what was going on, but it was toooo late for papa bear by that time. I totally called it on the mafia to @OminousLozenge

Also, kudos to gandalf for jumping into the game and taking control like that.

• Options
    OminousLozengeOminousLozenge Registered User regular
    I started to enjoy it once I had a grasp of what was going on, but it was toooo late for papa bear by that time. I totally called it on the mafia to @OminousLozenge

Also, kudos to gandalf for jumping into the game and taking control like that.

You totally did. Gandalf and I had a plan, sorta, but it sounds like gremlins ate it.

Sometimes I have ideas for things.