As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PA Comic] Wednesday, December 26th, 2012 - Dat Shroud

StericaSterica YesRegistered User, Moderator mod
i-p5pXJTt-X3.jpg

YL9WnCY.png

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Well now I kinda want to play this game.

• Options
    Ethan SmithEthan Smith Origin name: Beart4to Arlington, VARegistered User regular
    Now the real question is what's the difference between recollecting and reminiscing?

• Options
    DemobotDemobot Lemme buzz you in Registered User regular
    Now the real question is what's the difference between recollecting and reminiscing?

Recollections are emotionally neutral, reminisces tend to be emotionally positive.

• Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular

I just want to know why G&T have to court controversy with every comic they put out these days. They're obviously trying to provoke a fight over whether reminiscing is superior to recollecting (it isn't).

You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Demobot wrote: »

Recollections are emotionally neutral, reminisces tend to be emotionally positive.

Wow, that explanation actually feels pretty accurate.

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Pff. The recollect button is obviously a button for picking up things that you looted, but then subsequently had to drop because of the byzantine inventory system. It's like a double auto-loot button after the battle. It is a Japanese dev, after all. :D

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    FalxFalx Registered User regular
    Oh great another political comic.

• Options
    WUAWUA Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    So I play Ultima Online, which yes, still exists going into 2013. In it, my character owns a talisman which provides exactly 36% protection against lich lords. Not against ordinary liches, not against the more powerful ancient liches, and certainly not against anything so dissimilar as skeletal mages. No, it only protects against evil undead wizards who are liches and who occupy a very specific segment of the lich hierarchy, having attained the status of lord without yet being ancient.

It also makes me better at glassblowing by exactly 23%.

Granular statistics? Bah! That +2 ring only has one significant digit, and I'll bet it doesn't even care about the age or social standing of the minotaurs it protects against. I bet it just protects against, like, every minotaur in the entire world. That's like something for a baby.

;)

WUA on
  • Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    Yes, I'd be quite happy with a ring that protects against all minotaurs. I'd feel safer in most labyrinths, really.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    I 'accidentally' bought this 'game' while 'drunk' on Christmas eve, and by 'drunk' I mean 'literally the last thing I remember besides one or two virtual dice rolls was pulling out my credit card and trying to play it'.

It's very dense.

I have not gone back to it. I'm afraid it will remind me of my hangover.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Grislo wrote: »
    Yes, I'd be quite happy with a ring that protects against all minotaurs. I'd feel safer in most labyrinths, really.

I wonder if it works against minotaurs that aren't hostile. Like "hey, I need to borrow $20 until Friday, no? how about now" *puts on ring*

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    How about clumsy minotaurs who accidentally hit you with a ladder while turning? Or maybe one fell off a roof onto your head. Would it somehow swerve in mid-air?

These are important questions.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    I believe it creates a buffer, much like magnets with the same polarization, that would soften the blow.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    Regardless, I think it's clear that there is a need for this item and that this is the silliest comic ever.

Why, it even shows us how out of touch Mike and Jerry are, at this stage. No longer living in fear of Minotaur-related accidents like the rest of us.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    PanzerV2PanzerV2 Registered User new member
    Oh wow, how many times has the word "granular" been used on this site in the past 6 months?