As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[D&D 4E PbP] Kingmaker OOC Thread (Game closed due to Alien Abductions!)

• Options
    TalonrazorTalonrazor Registered User regular
    Ok sounds good. We did kill all the bandits, correct? No one got away?

sig4.jpg
  • Options
    TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost puns The Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
    Talonrazor wrote: »
    Ok sounds good. We did kill all the bandits, correct? No one got away?

Other than Jasper, everyone's as dead as a doornail.

• Options
    Hmmm, who votes we try to meet up with this Kressle? She has to have some way to meet up or check on her bandits. I vote we meet her, ambush her and find out who Oleg and Stag Lord is.

sig4.jpg
  • Options
    Oleg's the owner of the trading post your supposed to go to.

• Options
    Ohhhh. Man, I totally missed that.

sig4.jpg
  • Options
    doomybeardoomybear Hi People Registered User regular
    TiamatZ wrote: »
    Oleg's the owner of the trading post your supposed to go to.

Supposed to go to?

Well, clearly we as players must subvert your will and head straight into the forest! We have no choice now! >:)

Kidding, of course. Plus, Oleg sounds like he might be in some trouble and would appreciate help, and the best appreciation always comes in the form of gold. Or he might be in cahoots with the bandit lady and we'll liberate his gold from him the fun way.

what a happy day it is
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Not to mention you got no map (not yet) of the Greenbelt, other than the directions to Oleg given to you by Lord Mayor Sellemius.

And before you ask.... yes, Jasper doesn't know anything past this path (as Kressle's gang found them here).

So feel free to stumble into a trap empty clearing, and pet the not too suspicious cute little rabbits frolicking there :)

Once you get to Oleg, will you be given free reign to do what you will with the Greenbelt, honest.

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    Then let's get this choo-choo going!

• Options
    Bunnies! I love bunnies!

jqxTs.jpg

Let's go!

what a happy day it is
  • Options
    doomybear wrote: »
    Bunnies! I love bunnies!

jqxTs.jpg

Let's go!

Not really what I had in mind...

• Options
    TiamatZ wrote: »
    Bunnies! I love bunnies!

jqxTs.jpg

Let's go!

Not really what I had in mind...

Well, Nemo might have a holy hand grenade or two, right?

what a happy day it is
  • Options
    Ok, I vote we enslave Jasper, become a comedic troupe and return to Brevoy to perform some smashing renditions of The Cannibal Gnoll and I.

Because I don't feel like fighting The Stag Lord who probably has like antler attacks and Deer in the Headlight stasis power.

sig4.jpg
  • Options
    Oh pfft. We can totally mount his stag head on our mantleplace once we carve our little kingdom out around here.

• Options
    KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    No, no, no. Capture The Stag Lord and have him perform renditions of The Cannibal Gnoll and I. He can be our court jester. :P

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    Personally I'm going to go with crazy paranoid and say he already knows we're here. We saw deer earlier, remember?

what a happy day it is
  • Options
    I'm just happy he's not the Squirrel Lord.

That guy has eyes EVERYWHERE....

• Options
    Well, Squirrel Girl of the Marvel universe apparently has defeated the likes of Thanos, Doctor Doom, and as I understand other heavyweights of the Marvel universe.

Don't mess with squirrels, man.

what a happy day it is
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    It could be worse...

It could be squirrels ON deer!

Edit: AS for Jasper, his fate rests in your hands, PCs.

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    Well, if anyone else wants to convince Jasper to do something, now seems like the time.

Otherwise, I'm guessing we're moving on to Oleg's.

• Options
    I say we bring him along. He could be useful as a bargaining chip.

sig4.jpg
  • Options
    Agreed. Though you're going to need to bust out another intimidate check or something to get him to come along.

• Options
    Man, no one has diplomacy? I shoulda made Arifyn more of a talker.

sig4.jpg
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    I have zero facial expression

• Options
    I'm the face. Want me to face?

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    NerfThatManNerfThatMan Registered User regular
    Face away! Given the option, Gareth wants to kill him rather than let him go.

PSN: corporateshill
  • Options
    Although, looking back at Saber's roll, we have the same bonus to Diplomacy? Since he failed, I'm cool with not trying a second time if somebody is just going to up and kill him.

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I doubt anyone loves Jasper more than our group does right now, so I don't think he'd be a very good bargaining chip (unless we want to infiltrate the Stag Lord's ranks or something).

Most merciful thing to do would be to take him along. Alone he might get caught and tortured for information. At least with us, even if he goes into a cage at Oleg's post, we'll know where he is.

Dhyrn's offer to keep him as a slave still stands, which sounds horrible but at the very least, the gnoll is protective of his property (so long as it doesn't betray him).

Edit: Essentially, Jasper would be Lydia. Useless, except he can carry stuff. Maybe even take care of a donkey or a mule. It probably wouldn't be wise for Dhyrn to have sole ownership, either, since Dhyrn is liable to be outwitted, even by Jasper, and he would lop off limbs in the case of transgressions.

doomybear on
    what a happy day it is
  • Options
    Arifyn will want to keep him alive and tagged along until something better can be arranged. He would probably accept Jasper "working" for Dhyrn under Arifyn's watchful eye.

Maybe setup some interesting Dhyrn-Arifyn dynamics.

sig4.jpg
  • Options
    Well, Arifyn's a warlock. Dhyrn is superstitious and has no idea how magic works. Make a threat and make it vague, and Dhyrn will fill in the blanks. A good way to make the arrangement would be to put Dhyrn in charge of keeping Jasper in line. In the case Jasper actually does do something stupid, you could forbid Dhyrn from directly harming Jasper and instruct the gnoll to turn in the bandit for the group to decide punishment.

what a happy day it is
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    And so the party recruited it's 1st Companion!
    Till the party ditches him

A small note regarding my NPCs: A companion will usually have a special ability or feat that they can apply once a day (usually when a PC demands it). In Jasper's case, he can offer a +4 bonus to any PCs Nature roll (treated as an Aid Another action) once a day. Future Companions (if you find any) will have other bonuses, but for now, you only have Jasper.

Oh, and another thing: the party can only have ONE companion present in a party, so as to retain party balance.

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    So murder Jasper once a better toy (companion) comes along.

Sounds right.

sig4.jpg
  • Options
    I take it you're all ready to travel to the wild green yonder then?

• Options
    I think we've done all we can here.

Don't forget to pick up your gold. Also, the healing potions haven't really been assigned.

• Options
    edited February 2013
    Dhyrn divvied up the coins for everyone, though he took the smallest share (148 gold pieces, so someone scored 2 extra gold pieces!)

And yeah, no one called dibs on the potions.

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    You guys leave it all out and Dhyrn will keep it safe for you...

Edit: Does that wagon still work? I don't think I read anywhere that it's actually broken, just stuck off the main road and a bit worse for wear.

doomybear on
    what a happy day it is
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Its been there for almost 2 weeks.

The damage done by weapons is moderate (those who tilt the wagon over will see the damage was mostly done on the fallen side).

Weeks of exposure to the elements and having had little maintenance on it means the wagon can be used, but you'd probably get to ride on it for a few extra miles before it finally breaks apart.

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Hmm, I guess we'll leave it then. Unless someone really wants to take it?

doomybear on
    what a happy day it is
  • Options
    Let's be that party that strips all the corpses of everything, loads the wagon and lumbers into town to get every scrap of silver piece we can.

sig4.jpg
  • Options
    Let's be that party that strips all the corpses of everything, loads the wagon and lumbers into town to get every scrap of silver piece we can.

Don't tempt me!

Reminds me of playing the Elder Scrolls games and selling dozens of brooms and cups and plates and stuff and then stealing everything in the shop after putting a bucket on the shopkeeper's head.

what a happy day it is
  • Options

Don't tempt me!

Reminds me of playing the Elder Scrolls games and selling dozens of brooms and cups and plates and stuff and then stealing everything in the shop after putting a bucket on the shopkeeper's head.

Exactly

sig4.jpg