Options

[League of Legends] Welcome to the League of Warmogs.

• Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Jookie wrote: »
    How do I Elise?

start flask 3 red 2 blue and a green

QEQW R>Q>W>E

harass with human Q, and if they harass back, RQW them

if you think you can kill them, fish for QWEs and then REQW for four seconds so you can RWQ

if you got a kill, get boots and haunting guise

otherwise get double doran rings

if you're bullying them, build a haunting guise

if you're not bullying them, farm perfect cs with your infinite mana and shove the lane hardcore

build 1-2 spell pen items and stack giant's belt items

Carnarvon on
  • Options
    BillGatesBillGates Registered User regular
    They should make flash a blink dagger. This concept of people relying on it to make there champion good is not good. If you were forced to buy it, it would be bought by champions that needed it to perform well and those special situations that require it. This would allow Riot much more room to tweak Summoner Spells without the fear of "if it's not better then flash, then no one will get it."

Blink Dagger works well in other MOBA games, it's just league has this unique problem because it's available to everyone.

There really is no way to fix flash beside outright removing it and giving it an option somewhere else, as other people have said. Mobility in this game is one of the most, if not the most important thing any champion can have. As an item it could do well. To make sure it does not waste a slot it can have variants. AP, AD and MR/Armor variant would make sure that Flash would not waste a slot completely.

However, this is a sweeping change and could have drastic effects. If Riot was to even consider this, it would be for Pre-Season 4.

Steam - BillGates91 | LoL - Billbotnik | MWO - BillGates | FFXIV - Leoric Botnik
  • Options
    SampsenSampsen Aggressive Berserker Registered User regular
    Tips to beating Elise:

Don't be in lane, seriously. Go farm some jungle creeps and hopefully she has pushed the lane to your tower and gone somewhere else. Push lane until she comes back, then leave again. You gain little from trying to stick around.

Sampsen_na_104_5_logo.png
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    I had a good Vlad game a bit ago with some PA folks, can't remember who exactly and I don't know if it was even a full five.

But I was top against an Elise and I narrowly killed her a couple times and then bullied the shit out of her the rest of the game. Roam a couple times and I'm 9/0/0 during laning phase. Was super satisfying.

I think that was the one and only time I faced an Elise, I almost always am bottom.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Tips to beating Elise:

046500016721.jpg

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    BillGates wrote: »
    They should make flash a blink dagger. This concept of people relying on it to make there champion good is not good. If you were forced to buy it, it would be bought by champions that needed it to perform well and those special situations that require it. This would allow Riot much more room to tweak Summoner Spells without the fear of "if it's not better then flash, then no one will get it."

Blink Dagger works well in other MOBA games, it's just league has this unique problem because it's available to everyone.

There really is no way to fix flash beside outright removing it and giving it an option somewhere else, as other people have said. Mobility in this game is one of the most, if not the most important thing any champion can have. As an item it could do well. To make sure it does not waste a slot it can have variants. AP, AD and MR/Armor variant would make sure that Flash would not waste a slot completely.

However, this is a sweeping change and could have drastic effects. If Riot was to even consider this, it would be for Pre-Season 4.

The most logical place would be on boots, I guess. As an alternative to getting boots 2 - you stick with level 1 but get flash. You could, I suppose, go Alacrity and make up the gap, but at the cost of more gold.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Polaritie wrote: »

The most logical place would be on boots, I guess. As an alternative to getting boots 2 - you stick with level 1 but get flash. You could, I suppose, go Alacrity and make up the gap, but at the cost of more gold.

You know I didn't think of it on boots, but then the problem would arise where everyone would buy enchanted flash boots and nothing else. It would move the problem from Summoner Spells to
    boots. It has to be it's own item, so it can be balanced for itself and a slot.

Steam - BillGates91 | LoL - Billbotnik | MWO - BillGates | FFXIV - Leoric Botnik
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    I don't agree that they should take flash out. I think it's actually fine, right where it is. Everyone takes it, okay, that's fine, because the game is balanced around the system they've got.

Some champions choose not to have it, most do choose to have it, because it's important to have. Flash is simply a rule of the game of LoL, and I don't think it's a problem at all. I like the fact that I can have emergency mobility on Sona. I like the fact that I can have emergency mobility on Karma. I like the fact that champions I like to play can be effectively played aggressively because I have emergency mobility in my pocket.

Mobility creep is a thing, but flash is not a part of it, and I think flash should stay pretty much how it is. It's a thing everyone takes unless they want to circumstantially sacrifice it for other benefits.

• Options
    Cucco LeaderCucco Leader Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    You know what would be nice? A notification that the assholes you reported were banned/suspended. A 3v3 where both "teammates" turn on you is awful. God. Emotional assault is what it is. Yet, I know if I leave I'll be punished. This game, sometimes, I don't know. It'd just be nice to know there is a little justice in the world.

Cucco Leader on
  • Options
    You know what would be nice? A notification that the assholes you reported were banned/suspended. A 3v3 where both "teammates" turn on you is awful. God. Emotional assault is what it is. Yet, I know if I leave I'll be punished. This game, sometimes, I don't know. It'd just be nice to know there is a little justice in the world.

You should judge tribunal cases. It actually keeps track of how many hours you have prevented trolls from playing for. It's awesome.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    This is a really great video, despite it's length. Give it a watch!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHu5R9nt07w

• Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    Any tips to last hitting with Elise or is it just spider around and shove lane and be a dickbag when you aren't busy shoving?

butts
  • Options
    People take flash because it's the difference between winning and losing a lane. Removing its availability completely changes the game for anyone with a disadvantageous lane match-up (Elise vs Poppy). Removing flash as a summoner spell changes the game more than the combined changes of season 3.

You'd have to completely rebalance the game.

• Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Rend wrote: »

You should judge tribunal cases. It actually keeps track of how many hours you have prevented trolls from playing for. It's awesome.

Yup! Do this, it's awesome and you get to see all the funny tribunal cases and what people get reported for. It also tracks whether they got punished or not and you can see if people agreed with you or not.

Plus it has a nifty ELO rating thing that goes up if you consistently choose correctly (with the majority)

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    It is not fine right where it is,
    I don't agree that they should take flash out. I think it's actually fine, right where it is. Everyone takes it, okay, that's fine, because the game is balanced around the system they've got.

Some champions choose not to have it, most do choose to have it, because it's important to have. Flash is simply a rule of the game of LoL, and I don't think it's a problem at all. I like the fact that I can have emergency mobility on Sona. I like the fact that I can have emergency mobility on Karma. I like the fact that champions I like to play can be effectively played aggressively because I have emergency mobility in my pocket.

Mobility creep is a thing, but flash is not a part of it, and I think flash should stay pretty much how it is. It's a thing everyone takes unless they want to circumstantially sacrifice it for other benefits.

You shouldn't be able to have a get of jail free card for being out of position or getting caught. Not for free at least. You also shouldn't need to have a flash to start fights, or if you absolutely did need flash to start fights, then you had to pay for that.

The problem with this, is there is literally nothing more useful then a mobility spell of this type. It always takes a Summoner Spell spot, always.

I'm not saying this is broken or dumb or whatever. But there are not very compelling arguments to keep Flash the way it is then to change it. I don't mind the way it is now, but i would welcome a move to it as an item with open arms. The only reason I say this is because when you get outplayed either by your mistake of being in the wrong spot or not warding, or if you just get randomly caught. You should not have the option to get out for free. You should pay for that, with your life. It's your fault for not warding, or for being in the enemy jungle without your team with you, you should be punished for that. The same goes for jungle ganks.

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    The music really made that video.
    Absolutely lost it at the bubble bobble music followed by metal gear.

Talith on
    7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Still waiting on that Solid Badger Teemo skin. Absolutely needs to hide in a cardboard box during his passive.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options

You shouldn't be able to have a get of jail free card for being out of position or getting caught. Not for free at least. You also shouldn't need to have a flash to start fights, or if you absolutely did need flash to start fights, then you had to pay for that.

The problem with this, is there is literally nothing more useful then a mobility spell of this type. It always takes a Summoner Spell spot, always.

I'm not saying this is broken or dumb or whatever. But there are not very compelling arguments to keep Flash the way it is then to change it. I don't mind the way it is now, but i would welcome a move to it as an item with open arms. The only reason I say this is because when you get outplayed either by your mistake of being in the wrong spot or not warding, or if you just get randomly caught. You should not have the option to get out for free. You should pay for that, with your life. It's your fault for not warding, or for being in the enemy jungle without your team with you, you should be punished for that. The same goes for jungle ganks.

It's not free. It costs time, the cooldown of flash is prohibitive.
    If you escape with flash, you did not make a mistake. If you fail to escape because flash was not up, you made a mistake.

You are allowed to escape with your life after being outplayed or ganked once every 4 minutes or so. That is not free. That costs you your flash.

• Options

Flash opens up tons of fantastic plays that aren't available if you don't have it, and not having flash would cripple (guessing) 30-40% of the champions because they wouldn't be able to lane safely long enough without to be able to afford said item. It would also consume one spot, making end-game builds less powerful and less exciting.

And having flash is NOT free, it costs a summoner spot. Two of my favourite top laners are Olaf and Singed, neither of which I take flash on. I don't feel down or behind because I don't have it, and I actually feel that Ghost is a stronger summoner right now, just not enough kits synergize with it.

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    "It's not free, it costs itself" is a pretty silly excuse. Flash has an opportunity cost, yes, but it is a very minor one. Both putting flash on cooldown and not getting a different summoner spell are incredibly minor costs relative to the cost of dying because you got ganked, so it may as well be a free escape.

EDIT: Also, "the cooldown of flash is prohibitive" always seemed like an odd excuse. Sure, the cooldown is long, but it's not enough to prevent it showing up 90% of the time. That does not seem very prohibitive.

milski on
    I ate an engineer
  • Options

If you escape with flash, you did not make a mistake. If you fail to escape because flash was not up, you made a mistake.

You are allowed to escape with your life after being outplayed or ganked once every 4 minutes or so. That is not free. That costs you your flash.

Not good enough. The core concept of falling back on making a risky move with using flash as scape goat is a poor argument. You shouldn't be able to make that risky move to begin with. Maybe this is my HoN/DOTA mentality, but the arguments are so poor. If you decide to go be "an hero" and go check the enemy jungle for whatever reason you may have, and find 5 of them, and just simply flash away without putting money into getting that, no. That's just wrong.

• Options
    Jookie wrote: »
    Any tips to last hitting with Elise or is it just spider around and shove lane and be a dickbag when you aren't busy shoving?

You should be able to last hit with human auto attacks; it's very natural once you get used to it. You can supplement it with spider form Qs in addition to the passive magic damage on her spider form auto attacks.

Once you have/if you get double Dorans, you should be able to farm well with Qs due to low mana cost and huge mana regen.

If you really want to push the lane, get a few extra levels of W and get a NLR item like DFG.

• Options

Not good enough. The core concept of falling back on making a risky move with using flash as scape goat is a poor argument. You shouldn't be able to make that risky move to begin with. Maybe this is my HoN/DOTA mentality, but the arguments are so poor. If you decide to go be "an hero" and go check the enemy jungle for whatever reason you may have, and find 5 of them, and just simply flash away without putting money into getting that, no. That's just wrong.

You do realize every time you say or type "an hero" a kitten dies right?

Why do you hate kittens?!

Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Sampsen wrote: »

Flash opens up tons of fantastic plays that aren't available if you don't have it, and not having flash would cripple (guessing) 30-40% of the champions because they wouldn't be able to lane safely long enough without to be able to afford said item. It would also consume one spot, making end-game builds less powerful and less exciting.

And having flash is NOT free, it costs a summoner spot. Two of my favourite top laners are Olaf and Singed, neither of which I take flash on. I don't feel down or behind because I don't have it, and I actually feel that Ghost is a stronger summoner right now, just not enough kits synergize with it.

Also not good enough, Flash as a summoner spell is bar none the best Summoner Spell you can have. If there was another Summoner Spell of equal power, then I might agree with you, but there is not. Nothing can beat a flash beside well, another flash.

• Options
    MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    edited January 2013

I've only heard tell of how hardcore and brutal and snowbally other MOBAs are, but in my opinion League benefits from having Flash as a safety valve for (esp. early) mistakes. Might make for less interesting spectating (though I think this is debatable), but it certainly makes for happier games.

Mahnmut on
    Steam/LoL: Jericho89
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    milski wrote: »
    "It's not free, it costs itself" is a pretty silly excuse. Flash has an opportunity cost, yes, but it is a very minor one. Both putting flash on cooldown and not getting a different summoner spell are incredibly minor costs relative to the cost of dying because you got ganked, so it may as well be a free escape.

EDIT: Also, "the cooldown of flash is prohibitive" always seemed like an odd excuse. Sure, the cooldown is long, but it's not enough to prevent it showing up 90% of the time. That does not seem very prohibitive.

What he means is that flash opens up a ton of plays that are not available when flash is down. The opportunity cost is all those plays that you cannot make, yes? You weren't caught out of position because you made the play with the knowledge that flash was up and available to you. If someone is able to burn your flash, you can be a sitting duck if you DO get out of position.

Sampsen on
  • Options
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Basically to summarise:

Flash is dumb in terms of how much stronger it will always be than most summoners in the vast majority of cases regardless of how you nerf it.

Flash must still remain a summoner because the game has by now being so balanced around the fact that everyone has access to flash that removing it wouldn't be worth the pain in the ass it would be.

Seriously, even the guys arguing in favour of Flash are basically saying: Well yeah it is over used, but that's just how the game is.

It's like the assault rifle summoner, you can't go wrong with it, it always performs so why would you not take it alongside a more niche summoner on everyone who isn't better served by ghost (btw, I'd put Vi on the ghost list unless you're building her as an assassin).

Honestly to me, it's not annoying to have flash be everywhere. I'd certainly prefer if we had more interesting variety but I can get that the game at this point is rather stuck in a corner with that aspect.

• Options

Also not good enough, Flash as a summoner spell is bar none the best Summoner Spell you can have. If there was another Summoner Spell of equal power, then I might agree with you, but there is not. Nothing can beat a flash beside well, another flash.

Ghost beats flash if you get a slow on them, and exhaust beats flash if you get it on them at the right time.

• Options

I hit agree when I meant to quote, argh.

What he means is that flash opens up a ton of plays that are not available when flash is down. The opportunity cost is all those plays that you cannot make, yes? You weren't caught out of position because you made the play with the knowledge that flash was up and available to you. If someone is able to burn your flash, you can be a sitting duck if you DO get out of position.

I think you can click agree again to unagree yourself.

delphinidaes.png
  • Options

So let me ask you this. If you have a AAA membership and so you get to call AAA 3 times per year or something, is your first call to AAA free? No, it costs you one call! A thing costing itself is not free, because with limited resources (number of calls, number of total flash uses per game, time in the future where it is unusable) nothing is free, even opportunity cost aside.

• Options

Ghost beats flash if you get a slow on them, and exhaust beats flash if you get it on them at the right time.

My problem is not with Flash in relation to a normal engagement, but for getting out of situations that you should not get out of it. Being caught, ghost or exhaust will not save you with 5 of them, because you will be CC'd with ghost, and exhaust stops one of them. Flash allows you to get away from situations that you would not live without flash. THAT on it's own makes it worth buying. And not just getting.

• Options
    Basically to summarise:

Flash is dumb in terms of how much stronger it will always be than most summoners in the vast majority of cases regardless of how you nerf it.

Flash must still remain a summoner because the game has by now being so balanced around the fact that everyone has access to flash that removing it wouldn't be worth the pain in the ass it would be.

Seriously, even the guys arguing in favour of Flash are basically saying: Well yeah it is over used, but that's just how the game is.

It's like the assault rifle summoner, you can't go wrong with it, it always performs so why would you not take it alongside a more niche summoner on everyone who isn't better served by ghost (btw, I'd put Vi on the ghost list unless you're building her as an assassin).

Honestly to me, it's not annoying to have flash be everywhere. I'd certainly prefer if we had more interesting variety but I can get that the game at this point is rather stuck in a corner with that aspect.

That really is where we're at. The thought of moving to an item is interesting, but I don't think it's even remotely viable with the champion-base the way it is, too many champs would be cast aside because they can't do anything until they farm the necessary gold.

Also, I could see myself doing flash/ghost on Vi in top-lane. I really should start playing her.

• Options

Flash is not a completely defensive summoner. It is very useful for aggression (he moved too far forward, I'll flash on and kill him), baiting (oh no khazix dont kill me and leap aw-FLASHED OVER A WALL HAHA NOW YOU'RE FUCKED), and utility (cho'gath flashes over the wall and feasts baron).

If I overextend and I have to flash to not die, I then I've lost the other three uses. If I walk into three people as Cho and have to flash to get away, I'm not going to be able to steal baron in that way for five minutes; that's a large window of opportunity.

• Options

My problem is not with Flash in relation to a normal engagement, but for getting out of situations that you should not get out of it. Being caught, ghost or exhaust will not save you with 5 of them, because you will be CC'd with ghost, and exhaust stops one of them. Flash allows you to get away from situations that you would not live without flash. THAT on it's own makes it worth buying. And not just getting.

You are just mad people flash away when you try to kill them ;)

delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    edited January 2013

You keep saying things like "shouldn't get out of" and "shoudln't escape" but why not?
    Can you give me a coherent argument of why emergency mobility on a high cooldown is a bad thing without using arguable statements like "you shouldn't be able to do this"? Because honestly I think games with mistake erasure mechanics are better for it. And even if you don't, the point of whether or not you should be able to erase mistakes is debatable.

The only real fact about mistake erasure in general related to LoL is that there's already so much of it, so why not give it to everyone anyway?

Rend on
  • Options

So let me ask you this. If you have a AAA membership and so you get to call AAA 3 times per year or something, is your first call to AAA free? No, it costs you one call! A thing costing itself is not free, because with limited resources (number of calls, number of total flash uses per game, time in the future where it is unusable) nothing is free, even opportunity cost aside.

If you want to play that way, If your car is in the middle of the path of a tornado, and you call AAA and they snap there fingers and your safe, it cost you a call, right?

If you get caught by 5, and you get away from this "tornado", then it cost a cooldown right? Getting out of impossible situations with a free spell is my problem.

You are missing my point. The ability to get out of situations that you CANNOT get out of without some type of flash spell is what makes it dumb. Level one jungle ganks, if my team roles into the un-warded enemy jungle and catches you, you should die with 5 of us. Unless we had no CC. But no, Flash saves you. It's your fault for not warding, for not making sure you were safe, but yet you still live. That is wrong. You are being rewarded for poor play. A cooldown is just that, a CD, but guess what, you lived, and your jungle is now only 6 seconds behind instead of 10 seconds and the FB awarded to my team that made the superior play.

If you really want to keep it as it is. Then it's CD needs to atleast be doubled. Because that utility is in my opinion, worth gold, OR a long ass fucking cooldown.

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Basically to summarise:

That really is where we're at. The thought of moving to an item is interesting, but I don't think it's even remotely viable with the champion-base the way it is, too many champs would be cast aside because they can't do anything until they farm the necessary gold.

Also, I could see myself doing flash/ghost on Vi in top-lane. I really should start playing her.

I don't know, depends how you're playing her I suppose.

To me Vi is best played as a missile, whether it's a tanky missile or a nuclear bomb glass cannon missile doesn't matter, the point is that you launch yourself at their carries and make them cry man tears about how OP your combo is.

Honestly I don't think you'd ever NEED two mobilities to get this job done. Your ulti has silly range so you can almost always get it off on a carry, at that point you either:

1) Are tanky missile and pop ghost to finish the 100HP the dude you ulted had and then go murder something else that sequels when you punch it.

2) are glass cannon nuclear bomb Vi, at which point you should probably flash because unless your team engaged really well or are cleaning up the fight you are going to be very suddenly murdered.

In both cases I always pair Vi with an ignite because of the ability to snowball early on (hit 6, unload combo, leave opponent in crater).

Other summoners you can take on Vi:

Smite: Duh, jungle Vi is pretty sick after all
    Barrier: Counters ignite which you will likely face top lane plus if you combine it with your passive shield when you go carry diving it'll make even nuclear bomb vi respectably tough
    Exhaust: because Vi is actually a scary ass duelist if you're up against someone who thinks they can outpace you. Or who you pin to a wall and exhaust so they can limp away while you punch them repeatedly.
    Teleport: You're early game isn't fantastic, so you can use TP as a crutch spell to deal with an early back. Also if you want to be a dick you can use Tp when you hit six to bush gank bot lane's ADC, he'll never suspect a thing.

• Options
    You're also talking about it as if it is always a free getaway, which it isn't. And you seem unreasonably angry about this, as if flash stole your ice cream or something.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    If Murderbridge had ring-outs I would never play anything else, ever. That would be basically the perfect game.

In other news! Direct from our own @_J_'s first PvP match, taken straight out of the Low ELO Files comes... the strangest builds you've ever seen!

xl5eG.jpg

What's your favorite build? Is it Graves, who rushed a Runaan's Hurricane and a Phantom Dancer?

Is it Amumu, who rocked out, beast-mode, with a Triforce followed by an Infinity Edge?

Is it Nidalee, who originally rushed a Will of the Ancients before building a Revolver for a stunning, game-breaking 32% Spell Vamp? The perfect thing to go with a charged Muramana!

What about Tanky LeBlanc, with her Frozen Fist, Frozen Heart, Rylais AND a Spirit Visage? Bet you've never seen a six item LeBlanc with 200 AP before! Just look at that score; 23-6-9 Tanky LeBlanc new meta.

This discussion has been closed.