Options

i wanna know what [chat] is

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    i thought two was a lot weaker than episode one. i mean, one had jar jar's silliness and all, but two was the introduction to teenaged anakin, one of the most shittily acted roles ever... and it lacked the at least somewhat interesting resolution/link between the trilogies offered by three. i know i don't really like star wars in general (except empire) so my opinion doesn't count but it's hard to imagine a ranking that doesn't put the clone film at the very bottom.

I think I'd agree.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    C.J. is the best.

I keep comparing her to Ivanova in my head. Strong female lead, doesn't take any shit, more than capable of standing up to anyone, and she gets some awesome put downs.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    @skippydumptruck you are basically the KKK for making white chili with white beans and white chicken.

How does it feel to be so racist in your food choices?

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    i thought two was a lot weaker than episode one. i mean, one had jar jar's silliness and all, but two was the introduction to teenaged anakin, one of the most shittily acted roles ever... and it lacked the at least somewhat interesting resolution/link between the trilogies offered by three. i know i don't really like star wars in general (except empire) so my opinion doesn't count but it's hard to imagine a ranking that doesn't put the clone film at the very bottom.

I agree with you; however, Attack of the Clones didn't do one thing that Episode I did.

Kill the hopes and dreams of 3 generations of star wars fans.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2013

Vanguard on
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »
    C.J. is the best.

I keep comparing her to Ivanova in my head. Strong female lead, doesn't take any shit, more than capable of standing up to anyone, and she gets some awesome put downs.

she reminds me of samantha from sex & the city

• Options
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    I somehow feel that good cover art counts for more than good posters. With posters it's easier to get something good out of it because whoever runs it can be like yeah yeah just do whatever, crazy artist person.

Movie posters are harder. With cover art it's author approval (maybe) and publisher approval. With Movie Posters, you often have actor/actress approval from multiple people. You have studio approval. You have MPAA approval and their weird set of rules. You just end up with a lot of people who make stupid changes.

no I mean what ends up on the outside of the movie and gets used as the main poster for the big cinemas. Where yes there are a loooot of people who make stupid decisions. A lot of good posters are basically just posters made to sell to people who like good posters.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    who is cj

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Ludious wrote: »

I agree with you; however, Attack of the Clones didn't do one thing that Episode I did.

Yeah, well, fuck 'em.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    who is cj

cum jockey

• Options
    A few years ago, at a Las Vegas convention for magicians, Penn Jillette, of the act Penn and Teller, was introduced to a soft-spoken young man named Apollo Robbins, who has a reputation as a pickpocket of almost supernatural ability. Jillette, who ranks pickpockets, he says, “a few notches below hypnotists on the show-biz totem pole,” was holding court at a table of colleagues, and he asked Robbins for a demonstration, ready to be unimpressed. Robbins demurred, claiming that he felt uncomfortable working in front of other magicians. He pointed out that, since Jillette was wearing only shorts and a sports shirt, he wouldn’t have much to work with.

“Come on,” Jillette said. “Steal something from me.”

Again, Robbins begged off, but he offered to do a trick instead. He instructed Jillette to place a ring that he was wearing on a piece of paper and trace its outline with a pen. By now, a small crowd had gathered. Jillette removed his ring, put it down on the paper, unclipped a pen from his shirt, and leaned forward, preparing to draw. After a moment, he froze and looked up. His face was pale.

“Fuck. You,” he said, and slumped into a chair.

Robbins held up a thin, cylindrical object: the cartridge from Jillette’s pen.

That's in the piece from the New Yorker I posted the other day, right? That article was fabulous.

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    skippydumptruck you are basically the KKK for making white chili with white beans and white chicken.

How does it feel to be so racist in your food choices?

it feels delicious

(I posted the recipe you should try it)

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    I'm gonna go home and think about what my favourite album cover is on the bus ride.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Penn Jillette is a libertarian

• Options
    who is cj

Claudia Jean Cregg, White House Press Secretary on The West Wing

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    tumblr_mg4docHu6i1rknc2io1_500.jpg

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod

yes but i don't regard that as a negative :3

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    this blew my mind
    middle-earth.jpg

I, uh, don't think that map of Middle Earth is accurate.

Lorien is closer to Mirkwood that you'd think but the river Anduin separates them and that's a big fucking river.

(I'm playing a 20-year old roguelike that's based on the lore of Middle Earth right now)

it's not really that accurate. Bree is not northeast of the Shire, for instance. But given that Middle Earth is supposed to be our world before another big cataclysm changed its geography (which explains any discrepancies), it's fun that someone got the maps to align as well as this. The Shire being England was a gimme, but Ireland as the Grey Havens, Mordor as Carpathia, the dwarven mountains in Scandinavia, and the river as the Rhine are all inspired.

• Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    this blew my mind
    middle-earth.jpg

I, uh, don't think that map of Middle Earth is accurate.

Lorien is closer to Mirkwood that you'd think but the river Anduin separates them and that's a big fucking river.

(I'm playing a 20-year old roguelike that's based on the lore of Middle Earth right now)

it's not really that accurate. Bree is not northeast of the Shire, for instance. But given that Middle Earth is supposed to be our world before another big cataclysm changed its geography (which explains any discrepancies), it's fun that someone got the maps to align as well as this. The Shire being England was a gimme, but Ireland as the Grey Havens, Mordor as Carpathia, the dwarven mountains in Scandinavia, and the river as the Rhine are all inspired.

...I totally missed that it looked like europe

That's actually pretty cool

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular

Really we're just waiting for George Lucas to die so better directors can grab at that source material.

I wouldn't be surprised if in the next 10 years we see people start speculating about rebooting Episodes 1-3.

• Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    You know, something that comes to mind. Albeit being a toy movie, the voice cast for the original Transformers movie was pretty good looking on paper. Orson Welles, Leonard Nemoy, Robert Stack...I mean, that sounds pretty awesome when you think about it.

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    i see u just want to see naked ladies desc

it is k

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2kwhjU2bf1r3y2nqo1_500.jpg

Kinda NSFW -- classic western oil painting (and you know what means (boobs))

• Options
    edited January 2013

Really we're just waiting for George Lucas to die so better directors can grab at that source material.

I wouldn't be surprised if in the next 10 years we see people start speculating about rebooting Episodes 1-3.

so..you didn't hear the news?

Disney bought star wars?

New movies? Not directed by GL?

Ludious on
  • Options
    I was gonna play dishonored now (which seems pretty cool so far although the inventor dude's voice actor is really bad at being a voice actor) but my mouse stopped working.

Damn you, logitech, may you and your shoddy merchandise burn in hell!

I mean only two years and ~1500 drops onto the floor and it stops working properly?

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

so..you didn't hear the news?

Disney bought star wars?

New movies? Not directed by GL?

This summer, Disney Pixar brings you...

Jar Jar 3D.

• Options
    who is cj

regular.jpg

this be CJ

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    I was gonna play dishonored now (which seems pretty cool so far although the inventor dude's voice actor is really bad at being a voice actor) but my mouse stopped working.

I mean only two years and ~1500 drops onto the floor and it stops working properly?

At sentence 2 I was reaching for the mouse to flame you.
    But I see your sarcasm systems are operating correctly. :)

• Options
    audrina-carls-junior2.jpg?w=630

i find picture of @surrealitycheck eating hamburger

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    I somehow feel that good cover art counts for more than good posters. With posters it's easier to get something good out of it because whoever runs it can be like yeah yeah just do whatever, crazy artist person.

Movie posters are harder. With cover art it's author approval (maybe) and publisher approval. With Movie Posters, you often have actor/actress approval from multiple people. You have studio approval. You have MPAA approval and their weird set of rules. You just end up with a lot of people who make stupid changes.

no I mean what ends up on the outside of the movie and gets used as the main poster for the big cinemas. Where yes there are a loooot of people who make stupid decisions. A lot of good posters are basically just posters made to sell to people who like good posters.

Yeah, a lot of the posters I get now are effectively that. Where you have a company that does a series of art prints that are basically movie themed. But the ones released with the movie have different issues.

• Options
    who is cj

[img]http://media.gtanet.com/gtas a/images/regular.jpg[/img]

this be CJ

vRAfO.jpg

this is the C.J. I'm talking about

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Gonmun wrote: »
    You know, something that comes to mind. Albeit being a toy movie, the voice cast for the original Transformers movie was pretty good looking on paper. Orson Welles, Leonard Nemoy, Robert Stack...I mean, that sounds pretty awesome when you think about it.

Yeah but you're talking about the point with Wells where he couldn't even remember giving a shit anymore.

• Options
    spool32 wrote: »

At sentence 2 I was reaching for the mouse to flame you.
    But I see your sarcasm systems are operating correctly. :)

I've swapped batteries like, 4 times or so. It's great.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options

Yeah but you're talking about the point with Wells where he couldn't even remember giving a shit anymore.

AAHHAHAAAAAA

THE FRENCH

CHAM

PAN

YUH

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    The problem with the Transformers cartoons was never the voice acting.

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Finally read the Watchmen. It was so good.
    Is Adrian the hero or the villian? If he's the villian, who is the hero? Is Dr. Manhattan the villian for not saving the world in a much more peaceful way, like turning all the nukes into flowers in their silos? Or are there just no heroes or villians. Just men (and one god).

@harry dresden

• Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular

That's true, as sad as it is. :(

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    Allison Janney is a fine-looking lady.

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Someone should design a laptop with small compressed air cylinders that it can use with a free-fall sensor so that rather then just doing stuff like parking the drive, it instead decelerates itself and lands softly.

• Options
    Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular
    Sci-fi/fantasy readers: which Neil Gaiman book is better - American Gods or Good Omens? I own both and I'm agonna read one. I finished a whole book and a half last week. That's a reading kick for me.

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Good morning

This discussion has been closed.