As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A Melody of Frozen Water and Embers [Game of Thrones]

SnowbearSnowbear Registered User regular
edited January 2013 in Social Entropy++
gameofthroness3teaser.jpeg

Season 3 is going to premiere March 31st and hopefully Words of Winter will be finished in a couple years

Here's a quick teaser that doesn't really show much
http://youtu.be/vsmUpYIA99o

But now the important question, which Great House is the best?
got-baratheon-sigil-iphone4-wp.jpg

or perhaps
got-stark-sigil-iphone4-wp.jpg

maybe if you like living in the lap of luxury you'd prefer
got-lannister-sigil-iphone4-wp.jpg

or maybe none of these suckers do it for you and a lesser known house is more your style
got-targaryen-sigil-iphone4-wp.jpggot-greyjoy-sigil-iphone4-wp.jpggot-tully-sigil-iphone4-wp.jpggot-arryn-sigil-iphone4-wp.jpg

Anyway I'm sure there's lots to discuss but please be mindful of spoilers

8EVmPzM.jpg
Snowbear on

• Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    The first episode should be 60 minutes of Tyrion slapping Joffery in the face over and over.

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Greyjoys may be stupid violent carnys , but damn do they have a great sigil.

All hail the Uterus Squid.

• Options
    Well I had heard that HBO is extending this season's length so they have no season not to.

8EVmPzM.jpg
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    I got house sigil coasters for Christmas.

So now when I drink at my desk I'm a Lannister and when I drink on the couch I'm a Stark.

sig.gif
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    i would pay the iron price for this to go ahead and like, start airing on TV right now instead of late March

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Greyjoys for best motto/sigil/characters/everything

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    I kind of want to go home and reread all of Victarion's chapters while listening to Mastodon's Leviathan

matter of fact, can anyone tell me offhand which book Victarion shows up in? Looking forward to seeing who they cast for him.

edit: Bah, not until A Feast for Crows.

UnbrokenEva on
  • Options
    The Greyjoys are great except for Theon, but he was raised by Starks and they produced Sansa so can you really blame him (yes, we can)
    I have those coasters too!

8EVmPzM.jpg
  • Options
    nope Theon rules too and Sansa is also great

they're late bloomers.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Victorian Greyjoy is metal as fuck

http://i.imgur.com/rPDkS.jpg

I want rules for a Game of Thrones miniatures skirmish game so bad.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    whoa hold up someone is shit talking sansa? that is not cool

• Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    This fucking season

THIS is the season i want to see people lose their minds over, and it will be glorious. Just episode after episode of people gaping at the TV screen wondering when everything got to this point.

And then we get to tell them that was always going to happen this way. Gonna be a good year.

• Options
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    nope Theon rules too and Sansa is also great

they're late bloomers.

Once they stop living with the Starks

8EVmPzM.jpg
  • Options
    I agree that Sansa and Theon get better as the story progresses, but early Sansa in both the book and show is insufferable.

8EVmPzM.jpg
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    well the starks have repeatedly shown themselves to be kind of dumb

• Options
    This fucking season

THIS is the season i want to see people lose their minds over, and it will be glorious. Just episode after episode of people gaping at the TV screen wondering when everything got to this point.

And then we get to tell them that was always going to happen this way. Gonna be a good year.

The biggest question is

(Storm of Swords megaspoilers holy shit)
    Are they gonna play it like the book and have the Red Wedding first, and then Joffrey's death in season 4, or are they gonna switch it around, have Joffrey die in episode 9 to much rejoicing, then kick the audience in the nuts for the finale?

I think the latter would be exquisite. Plus it would put Tyrion in dire straits by the finale, which is better than the simple humiliation he's suffering prior to Joffrey's wedding.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    Theon is an excellent, truly sympathetic character and I'll not hear otherwise

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    @Snowbear I don't want to be that guy but the sixth book is 'Winds of Winter'

but...words are wind, so perhaps you were doing a thing?

• Options
    ...yeah, we can just go with that.
    hahaha

8EVmPzM.jpg
  • Options
    MetacortexMetacortex The Prettiest Zombie Coeur d'CoeursRegistered User regular
    Speaking of Winds of Winter, GRRM put up a new preview chapter on his site.

4FNao2T.png
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    Also this season will bring us Thoros, Berric, and The Blackfish

things are about to get

h e l l a c o o l

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    May I remind you all of the best thing GRRM has ever done?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLMydhMqWDQ

• Options
    Also Brutus from Rome will be on as Edmure, and Caesar from Rome will be on as Mance.

Which is awesome because those guys were awesome.

sig.gif
  • Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »
    This fucking season

The biggest question is

Are they gonna play it like the book and have the Red Wedding first, and then Joffrey's death in season 4, or are they gonna switch it around, have Joffrey die in episode 9 to much rejoicing, then kick the audience in the nuts for the finale?

I think the latter would be exquisite. Plus it would put Tyrion in dire straits by the finale, which is better than the simple humiliation he's suffering prior to Joffrey's wedding.

Well, what with the obvious move going forward to season 4 being to mix Feast of Crows and Dance of Dragons together then i hope they

SERIOUSLY DO NOT CLICK THIS TV SHOW PEOPLE
    Keep it as is and have the Red Wedding in the middle, Joffrey's death toward the end, and he big finale reveal being Littlefinger's
    big play, followed by Catelyn showing up to ruin everyone's day. Goddamn but do i love that Littlefinger reveal. Just finally squeezing the life out of the idea that this was ever really about the Lannisters or the Starks.

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    Metacortex wrote: »
    Speaking of Winds of Winter, GRRM put up a new preview chapter on his site.

huhWHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA?!

oh never mind it's an Arianne chapter, I can't remember enough about Dorne to give a shit right now

here's the link for anyone interested http://www.georgerrmartin.com/if-sample.html

• Options
    MetacortexMetacortex The Prettiest Zombie Coeur d'CoeursRegistered User regular
    Man the Dornish are the best(after Victarion)

4FNao2T.png
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Also this season will bring us Thoros, Berric, and The Blackfish

things are about to get

h e l l a c o o l

Don't forget Tormund Mofuckin Giantsbane

zap-game-of-thrones-season-3-new-cast-pics-007.jpg

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    This fucking season

The biggest question is

Well, what with the obvious move going forward to season 4 being to mix Feast of Crows and Dance of Dragons together then i hope they

Keep it as is and have the Red Wedding in the middle, Joffrey's death toward the end, and he big finale reveal being Littlefinger's
    big play, followed by Catelyn showing up to ruin everyone's day. Goddamn but do i love that Littlefinger reveal. Just finally squeezing the life out of the idea that this was ever really about the Lannisters or the Starks.
    If you don't think that the season 3 finale is the Red Wedding then you are straight up cray-cray. Don't think that much out of Feast will make it into season 4.

The final two scenes of season 4 will be Tyrion shooting Tywin in the gut with a crossbow, and the Lady Stoneheart reveal. Those are too good season-enders to be wasted.

I fully envision a "with MICHELLE FAIRLEY" only at the end of the episode when the credits start thing.

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    I enjoy the Tully fish an absolute tonne and love the fact that we might get more focus on them this season

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    I hope DANCE SPOILER
    Aegon
    dies quickly so we can be rid of that stupid storyline.

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I dunno about you guys, but I'm high as honor right now

• Options
    This fucking season

The biggest question is

If you don't think that the season 3 finale is the Red Wedding then you are straight up cray-cray. Don't think that much out of Feast will make it into season 4.

The final two scenes of season 4 will be Tyrion shooting Tywin in the gut with a crossbow, and the Lady Stoneheart reveal. Those are too good season-enders to be wasted.

I fully envision a "with MICHELLE FAIRLEY" only at the end of the episode when the credits start thing.
    As absolutely fantastic it would be as a Season ender, part of it's surprise is that it comes in the middle with only enough buildup to make you slightly nervous. It seems big and huge at the time, but it's really just a poison that had long ago worked it's way into the cause finally hitting the heart. In the end, the King in the North's rebellion was always going to be a footnote in history. The Red Wedding the nail in that coffin, and the fact that the book goes on afterward is kind of the point. Whether they go that route in the TV show or not is harder to say, but I hope they do.

• Options
    dogg I'm high as hodor right now

puff

puff

hodor

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    I hope
    Aegon

(Dance with Dragons spoilers)
    I dunno. I feel like there has to be more to him than just... surprise! Double Dragons! I can't shake the feeling that he could be an impostor, diluted dragon blood or somesuch.

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Also it'd be great if Daenerys did something

LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    Aside from shit herself, I mean

LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai SSSSSSSSSSS Registered User regular
    Yeah straight up Daenerys chapters are the worst for me.

xXNXOA7.png?1
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Furthermore,
    Tyrion and Sansa getting married, Stannis and Melisandre doing their spell and throwing the leeches into the fire, and possibly Joffrey's death will be episode-enders in season 3 (again, in the latter's case, only if they decide to rejigger it and make it happen before the Red Wedding.)

I can totally see the show playing Tyrion and Sansa's wedding as a sharp left turn (don't know if they let you know in advance in the book), but like, after a whole episode of hyping up a wedding and implying Sansa will be marrying Garlan and maybe Tyrion isn't in the episode at all

cut to a wedding feast, Sansa a horrified look frozen on her face, Tyrion just steaming mad in his chair, Joffrey laughing his ass off

last scene of the episode is them laying in bed together, an uncomfortably long silence, neither of them moving or looking at each other, then Tyrion just reaches over and snuffs the candle out. Black, credits.

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Yo folks can we use the GoT/ASoIaF thread etiquette of marking which book/season a spoiler is from?

Like so:
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    I hope (BOOK 5)
    Aegon

Also not a chance SB

(Book 5 also)
    the dragon has three heads

UnbrokenEva on
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
This discussion has been closed.