Options

On Wednesdays, we wear pink. [Beauty/Fashion Thread]

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I think this weekend I might pluck my eyebrows. I mean, just the hairs between my eyebrows that make 'em look like a monobrow.

What is happening to meee

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Okay

Okay

So I linked those boots and it's my fault but seriously if someone else buys them I'ma throw a little fit

I want all the boots!

• Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    Usagi wrote: »
    tynic wrote: »
    which ones i can't remember

These!

Also sonofabitch they're on sale now :S

AND they have my size, goddammit

better buy those galaxy boots to make ourselves feel betterrrr

They're sitting in my cart and I'm looking at my bank account

Today ended up being kinda crappy (family drama) but I'm trying to wean myself off of retail therapy uuuuuuurghhhh

You should buy them and have them sent to my house.

That way you won't have to worry about them while you move.

You're a size ten now, btw.

Heyyyyy, I already was!

EEEEEEEE!

• Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    which ones i can't remember

These!

Also sonofabitch they're on sale now :S

AND they have my size, goddammit

better buy those galaxy boots to make ourselves feel betterrrr

They're sitting in my cart and I'm looking at my bank account

Today ended up being kinda crappy (family drama) but I'm trying to wean myself off of retail therapy uuuuuuurghhhh

You should buy them and have them sent to my house.

That way you won't have to worry about them while you move.

You're a size ten now, btw.

Heyyyyy, I already was!

EEEEEEEE!

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    More photos, this time of the beautiful @HyperBallad from last night at Gaiman's reading.

(terrible ipod pics, apologies)
    IMG_0873_zps8ba8aa12.jpg
    Inside the recital hall

IMG_0881_zps78a44880.jpg
    Her out-on-the-town dress

IMG_0892_zpsa6ee0d1e.jpg
    Gaiman always likes to hide signed copies of his books, and the free first three chapters you got were no expection

IMG_0889_zpsc3866fa0.jpg
    The insanely lucky lady to get one of these signatures

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I think this weekend I might pluck my eyebrows. I mean, just the hairs between my eyebrows that make 'em look like a monobrow.

What is happening to meee

dude

dude

plucking the hairs between your brows is both aesthetically appealing and pleasurable to do

it really is

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    Alright, the mall happened again today. Next to the animal shelter I volunteer at there is this sanrio/candy/licensed merchandise store. I stopped in to buy some Altoids (I accidentally bought the wrong size tin, I wanted the minis!) and ended up seeing some unusual items, so I snapped some pics.

Kpop socks!
    a0o5HKC.jpg?2

Disney Princess Temporary Tongue Tattoos!
    kx8zH0L.jpg?1

Anyway, here is the new wallet I bought:
    rw95Fdu.jpg?2

I've grown fond of Betty after having watched some her toons and reading about Fleischer studios lately. There's even a short documentary on Netflix. The woman at the counter said it looked like a good wallet for a young lady, and that she was surprised that I had bought it since Betty merchandise was most typically bought by older women who liked to collect it. She asked why I had chosen to buy and was surprised when I told her that all the Betty Boop cartoons were up on youtube.

I bought some Hello Kitty stickers, I'm honestly surprised that I did. The last time I cared about stickers was elementary school, when we were all about stickers and competed to have the most stickers on our folders. I'd long wondered 'who the hell buys stickers?'
    KhcWi99.jpg?2

I used them to differentiate between the three bus-passes I own (I kept losing them, so now I own three). Since the stickers have a raised, puffy surface I will be able to tell the passes apart by touch since I often just stuff them into my messenger bag's side pocket instead of the wallet.
    nN8JAjz.jpg?2

• Options
    CimmeriiCimmerii SpaceOperaGhost Registered User regular
    I need something similar so I can tell my debit cards apart.... right now I have words scrawled on them in permanent marker and it just looks... weird...

*Internally Screaming*
  • Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    It seems like the term for them is 'puffy stickers', if you want to look online.

• Options
    HellaJeffHellaJeff FAB FRESH RAIIINBOOWWWWWRegistered User regular
    @interrobang if you move to the PNW I will fashion nerd you so hard it will hurt

@Futore I think a WaMshot should be on the SE++ Forum Achievement List

• Options
    FrankoFranko Sometimes I really wish I had four feet so I could dance with myself to the drumbeat Registered User regular
    I'll take those 2ne1 socks plz and thx u

• Options
    FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    agreedo, jeff

ETqXK.png
  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Silmaril wrote: »
    Liiya wrote: »
    20D07LCRM_normal.jpg

Pretty.

arrrrgh it's out of stock

have you ever ordered from here before? is their stuff any good, if so?

It appears to be Miss Selfridge.

You probably couldn't be safer.
    @World As Myth Sil is right, I've got a lot of clothes from them, they're great.

Only place I can get decent petite jeans!

• Options
    World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    thank you @liiya! I've been looking for years for a modcloth alternative, this might suit

kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    Franko wrote: »
    I'll take those 2ne1 socks plz and thx u

you can't have the CL ones

i will fight you for those

• Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    HellaJeff wrote: »
    I think a WaMshot should be on the SE++ Forum Achievement List
    Or a Forum Badger if that feature was ever re-activated.

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    Ana NgAna Ng Registered User regular
    So I barely ever buy clothes/shoes/accessories for myself. Generally all funds go towards food stuffs. But I finally realized I really need some clothes that actually fit and that I like to wear, and a new wallet, since all my stuff is pretty much from high school or right when I started college (so about five years old or more at this point).

Snagged a fossil wallet/clutch thing at Macy's. Originally $50, marked down to $30, and all my crap actually fits in it now ^_________^
    310012_4327455744223_958868387_n.jpg

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    that thing is dope

sometimes i wish i had a purse

then i remember i hate carrying things for extended periods of time

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    tumblr_mh776pecWs1rpf4oko1_500.jpg

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    that just got reblogged on my dash wtf

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    by "rachschnllr"

rachel do you have something to tell me

why are you using a picture of someone who looks nothing like you hm

how deep does this conspiracy go

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    Ana NgAna Ng Registered User regular
    Someday I might get a new purse. I've been using a beat up old denim one for a long, long, long time. A friend gave me a big ass D&G purse thing... but it's pink and white striped and makes me feel like a douchebag when I use it.

I'll probably end up using the beat up old jean one till it literally falls apart.

• Options
    by "rachschnllr"

rachel do you have something to tell me

why are you using a picture of someone who looks nothing like you hm

how deep does this conspiracy go

bitch please i'd only use a drawing of myself or a picture of myself

• Options
    and besides, i'm not rachschnllr

i'm positronic

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Fuck purses. Fuck backpacks.

Bring back the bindle.

• Options
    edited January 2013
  • Options
    This fashion thread can get pretty risqué.

(There's a boob in that photo. I can see it.)

• Options
    oh...

@Bogey should i take it down? i'm leaning toward yes?

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    tumblr_mfs63kkkWE1qmyehzo1_500.jpg

solid-gray-backpack-xl.jpg

i

want

this

• Options
    GIVE ME

• Options
    woah

woah

woah

me too me too me too

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    Hey y'all I would like to solicit an opinion!

I am coming up on the time of needing a haircut again, but am uncertain about whether I want to keep it longer or cut it shorter. This is a cycle that has repeated itself for like two years, and I always just get it short, but I figured I would ask you fine folk because you don't see my on a daily basis (and so don't have any sort of "norm" for what I look like)

my gf is very sweet and helpful but just says my hair always looks good, so

I have included pics of examples of my hair directly after my last haircut and me 5 minutes ago on my webcam

short:
    zFkAp6a.jpg

I worry that this gives me a block head sometimes

right now in luxurious soft lighting:
    BBdJoHF.jpg

nk8WF0N.jpg

I worry that this makes me look mangy sometimes

so what y'all think

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    This fashion thread can get pretty risqué.

(There's a boob in that photo. I can see it.)

It's a really nice boob, if that makes a difference.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Also fashion thread please tell me that this shirt is a thing that I should not buy.

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Hey y'all I would like to solicit an opinion!

I am coming up on the time of needing a haircut again, but am uncertain about whether I want to keep it longer or cut it shorter. This is a cycle that has repeated itself for like two years, and I always just get it short, but I figured I would ask you fine folk because you don't see my on a daily basis (and so don't have any sort of "norm" for what I look like)

my gf is very sweet and helpful but just says my hair always looks good, so

I have included pics of examples of my hair directly after my last haircut and me 5 minutes ago on my webcam

short:
    zFkAp6a.jpg

I worry that this gives me a block head sometimes

right now in luxurious soft lighting:
    BBdJoHF.jpg

nk8WF0N.jpg

I worry that this makes me look mangy sometimes

so what y'all think

I really like the longer hair on you but yeah the back is a bit dodgy, I think if you cleaned up the back and just trimmed the front/top it would look great

• Options
    Peen wrote: »
    Also fashion thread please tell me that this shirt is a thing that I should not buy.

you should not buy that t-shirt

instead, put that money towards real irezumi!

• Options
    damn could I never wear that backpack that interro posted

but boy is it cool

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    laughingfuzzballlaughingfuzzball Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    I think you need a better barber dude. Find someone who'll style it a bit and it'll not look so messy long.

That said, the short pic looks good.

laughingfuzzball on
  • Options
    World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    I'm with usagi. looks excellent long. just needs some taming

kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    Has this been posted before? Because it is pretty hott.

tumblr_mf79ip2H4B1r1ficjo1_500_zps8edfc372.jpeg

tumblr_mf79ip2H4B1r1ficjo2_500_zpsb2d35555.jpeg

Volante Design
    Women’s Modern Assassin Armor.

This is the denim Modern Assassin Armor, women’s style, in black/red. This particular version is intended for use as costuming in Assassin’s Creed: Artefact 2 as well, for the 2nd of the 3 main characters.

Since the characters will be active in martial arts and acrobatic stunts, we designed special gussets for increased range of motion in the arms.

This discussion has been closed.