Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Debt Ceiling Debacle 2013: It's the End of the World As We Know It and the GOP Feels Fine

1161718192022»

• V1mV1m Registered User regular
    Medicare will get more expensive over the next decade, and then start dropping off as boomers die.

It is hardly a fundamental crisis.

Without raising revenue to compensate, they will do a lot of damage before they die out though. Medicare isn't the problem, it's being cavalier and not raising the money to pay for it that is. The GOP wants to cut spending instead of raising revenues, but the bottom line is that major spends like Medicare just aren't susceptible to short or even medium term cuts, and the costs are mostly in that short- medium range. We could make cuts, but the only major coat center with room is in the military, and we know how they feel about that.

You'll get no argument from me that taxes need to be higher, that's why I voted for Democrats! I'm just saying that people like to say that Medicare is fundamentally flawed, and it isn't. Baby Boomers are just fundamentally greedy.

The "fundamental flaw" is that they're finally going to have to pay for something themselves.

AManFromEarth