As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

THIS IS ABOUT DRAWING A LINE IN THE [CHAT]

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    after thinking about it for a while, I still don't know what predominant economic narrative one might assign to the 16th and 17th centuries

hrmm

@organichu tell meeeeeee

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    the last time I drank coconut water, it was out of something like this:

360px-Coconut_drink.jpg

decent, but a sight too expensive for something pretty darned close to water.

Expensive?

i'm a cheap bastard who won't pay 2 SGD for a drink in singapore

Damn, that is expensive

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    X-Men first class still isn't on streaming apparently

Well shit

Jews control the media and Kevin Bacon isn't kosher

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    I just like Orzhov because of the colour combination. That and Ghost-Grandpa is adorable.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    I'll reward you with a PDF of angus maddisons' economic history compilation

aRkpc.gif
  • Options

360px-Coconut_drink.jpg

Expensive?

Damn, that is expensive

well, it is a whole fresh coconut

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    I agree. Boros can do Boros Elite -> Daring Skyjek -> Skyknight Legionnaire and attack with a 3/3, flying 3/1, and flying 2/2 on T3.

Simic can do Experiment One -> Shambleshark -> Drakewing Krasis and attack with a 3/3, 3/2, on T3 and flying 3/1 on T4. (Edited to fix this.)

You have a lot of opportunities to be aggressive with this set and I think that's going to keep Orzhov in check.
    Yeah.

I do like Orzhov in general though. The Extort mechanic reminds me a lot of my old Pestilence / Sphere of Grace combo I used to play in large casual FFA games (that inevitably painted a massive target on me).

I like them all and if I have the energy for it I might do one more event this weekend as Boros. I was hoping to play one event as each guild but that's a lot of events to pack into a single weekend.

Dragon's Maze is going to be nutty fuckballs, because then we can draft all of the sets together. You could actually do an extort/Sphere of Safety deck.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    ronya it's only been half a class session on the topic, i really don't have a good handle on it

i will read a couple chapters ahead over the weekend and relay things to you

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    i don't really like packaged coconut water for the most part it's kinda gross

but like

when we were in belize camping on that random tiny island? we took machetes and went H*A*M on those coconuts and fresh coconut water is soooo good

and i had brought rum and some fruit juice concentrate because i was smart

so then you chop the coconut up, and pour the rum in with the coconut water and maybe a splash of the juice concentrate

and drink straight outta the coconut

also whiskey worked pretty well with the coconut water surprisingly

Whiskey with coconut water is a thing

yeah, i didn't know it was a thing, but our guide told us it was a big thing in belize so we tried it and it is actually amazing

and lol my friend had 3/4 of a handle of scotch that he brought along so we used that too and it was good too

and the bonus is coconut water had electrolytes to keep you hydrated!

poo
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Yeah, no Sloth, D&B is still pretty crazy on the weekends.

• Options
    after thinking about it for a while, I still don't know what predominant economic narrative one might assign to the 16th and 17th centuries

hrmm

@organichu tell meeeeeee

dude

colonial expansion and the emergence of mercantilism

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    I don't want it to be January no more : (

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Oh god, all the wimmenz I know are doing that Advocare shit and the first thing I see on the guide is a 10 day thing of "cleaning the the toxins out of your body".
    I hope they don't get mad when I tell them about "detoxing" since one of them is an independent distributor for it.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    I still fucking love this.
    split-your-lungs-with-blood-and-thunder.png

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Frosteey wrote: »

I want it to only be January.

I, of course, live in Florida.

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/hdfForecast?query=32828

Delmain on
  • Options

360px-Coconut_drink.jpg

Expensive?

Damn, that is expensive

well, it is a whole fresh coconut

Yeah but those are like, everywhere

They literally grow on trees

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    im so sore and hungry

i forgot that this is what happens when i exercise

poo
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Speaking of Magic, are there any good prelease spots in downtown Toronto? I have no idea of the quality of any of the local stores.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Coconut water is great. That is all.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »
    Speaking of Magic, are there any good prelease spots in downtown Toronto? I have no idea of the quality of any of the local stores.

@Pony isn't a Magic player, but he might be able to direct you to a good game store.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    fuck

I forgot to get some music from my cousin

now it is too late : (

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    Who is Luke?

Ugh ... internet. You may know him as "Surrealitycheck"

Well now you gone and done it

You've given me the true name of the origin of the pink hairs so as soon as I'm able to discern the leadership structure of the dogtars?

The end of times will begin.

• Options
    Coconuts are good for curry but I do not know if that excuses them for their crimes against dessert.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Also FUCK YES GRACE POTTER AND THE NOCTURNALS IN THREE HOURS

I should probably like shower and put on not-pajamas or something I guess

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Coworker asks

can someone speak in the fourth person

updown.gif

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    I'm starting to lose it. I made it through most of the day due to a solid work load. But I'm about to fall out. Just need to make it 1 more hour. Fuck you two days of insomnia in a row.

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    CxHjC.png

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    fuck

I forgot to get some music from my cousin

now it is too late : (

Sorry to hear about your loss. If you need a hug, I promise not to feel you up.

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Delmain wrote: »

79F today

84 tomorrow, 82 sat, 81 sun

THIS WINTER SURE IS GREAT

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Coconuts are good for curry but I do not know if that excuses them for their crimes against dessert.

Coconut Macaroons would like to have a word with you

also almond joys

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Coworker asks

http://picardfacepalm.com/updown.gif

The fourth person is simply a narrative in which the narrator is unsure whether they or someone else did what is being described.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    yeah

come tell me the coconut donut at dough isn't good

i will literally donate your tongue to charity

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Switching to Libre Office from a mixture of Open Office and Microsoft Office apps. Change, she is difficult

*puffs on cigarette*

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    Delmain wrote: »

79F today

84 tomorrow, 82 sat, 81 sun

THIS WINTER SURE IS GREAT

Yeah, that was last week for us. We had a cold front come through a few days ago.

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    speaking in the fourth person: XARFLAX HUNGERS

• Options
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Coworker asks

http://picardfacepalm.com/updown.gif

The fourth person is simply a narrative in which the narrator is unsure whether they or someone else did what is being described.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD-nwy-UzNc

This song is in the fourth person.

• Options
    What no January weather owns and scarves own it is just that awesome things will happen in February. January is just a week of hopelessness : (

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    coconut's mega gross

the only time i like it is in incredibly paltry amounts (like americanized-chinese coconut shrimp)

if it's present in serious amounts it renders anything inedible

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    V
    spool32 wrote: »
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    whenever my wife and I end up at a dave & busters we start with all the intentions and trappings of being young professionals kicking back for a night of wacky high energy arcade games

but about 30 minutes in we become 70 year old grannies playing the fucking coin pusher games getting excited over tickets

as we walk out, each holding what amounts to our 20th matching set of D&B mugs a single tear rolls down my cheek, and death ticks another day off my life.

holy shit you and your wife are the reason Dave & Busters frustrates the hell out of me

I want video games and skee ball, not bullshit where you bet on "horses" on a mechanical track! HNNNGNGH

The last time I went into a Main Event, several of the games were giant versions of iPhone games like Fruit Ninja, played on a huge touch screen. They cost $1/play.

A dollar a play for Fruit Ninja. The whole program costs $0.99!!!!

Fuck that noise.

What the heck? That is awful? American arcades need to step it up.

Seriously throw something like this in a D&B and it would probably print money:

1435404356_0ca8e7ff34_z.jpg

That is an arcade game where you control your soccer players by moving their matching cards around on the physical field. So it's a sports game and sport card collecting rolled into one.

Now admittedly if you wanted it to do super well in the states you may want to pick a sport other than soccer but man, I can see something like this cleaning house in the states.

• Options
    Coconut sticky rice and mango.

That is all.

This discussion has been closed.