As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

THIS IS ABOUT DRAWING A LINE IN THE [CHAT]

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    whenever my wife and I end up at a dave & busters we start with all the intentions and trappings of being young professionals kicking back for a night of wacky high energy arcade games

but about 30 minutes in we become 70 year old grannies playing the fucking coin pusher games getting excited over tickets

as we walk out, each holding what amounts to our 20th matching set of D&B mugs a single tear rolls down my cheek, and death ticks another day off my life.

holy shit you and your wife are the reason Dave & Busters frustrates the hell out of me

I want video games and skee ball, not bullshit where you bet on "horses" on a mechanical track! HNNNGNGH

The last time I went into a Main Event, several of the games were giant versions of iPhone games like Fruit Ninja, played on a huge touch screen. They cost $1/play.

A dollar a play for Fruit Ninja. The whole program costs $0.99!!!!

Fuck that noise.

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    whenever my wife and I end up at a dave & busters we start with all the intentions and trappings of being young professionals kicking back for a night of wacky high energy arcade games

but about 30 minutes in we become 70 year old grannies playing the fucking coin pusher games getting excited over tickets

as we walk out, each holding what amounts to our 20th matching set of D&B mugs a single tear rolls down my cheek, and death ticks another day off my life.

holy shit you and your wife are the reason Dave & Busters frustrates the hell out of me

I want video games and skee ball, not bullshit where you bet on "horses" on a mechanical track! HNNNGNGH

My favorite D&B moment ever was putting down quarters for both the 1p and 2p guns in House of the Dead and going all Dante in the game.

I was doing all the stupid dual pistol poses people love so much, and I gathered a rather sizable crowd of kids and teenagers going "whoaaaa" over my mad skillz.

I wish more lightgun games had a "dual pistol" mode.

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Tarranon wrote: »
    Delmain wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    my modern history class is basically me and my professor talking for an hour while everyone watches. i am trying not to be 'that guy' but absolutely no one else is raising their hand, and this dude grades participation, so...

I've had classes like that, chu. And, you know, it just sucks to be them, I guess.

I've definitely had classes like that. It's disappointing, but I never felt bad about being "that guy" since, in this case, "that guy" is the only guy doing anything. The teacher almost certainly teaches better through discussion (and I'm not saying that's the only way to teach, just that some people are better at teaching that way) and having at least one person to bounce off of is helping the entire class.

I've been that guy and I've been the guy watching that guy when I'm just not interested in the class and it's fine either way. I think the only time it gets legitimately annoying is when that guy has a pet issue, he disagrees with the professor and everyone else, and he never wants to shut the fuck up about it ever and keeps trying to drag every conversation back to it.

UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM EXCUSE ME

EXCUSE ME PROFESSOR

SIR

IF YOU READ ATLAS SHRUGGED I THINK YOU MIGHT LEARN A THING OR TWO

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    Bethryn wrote: »
    Feral

I kinda suspect those 3 mana fliers are going to beat the shit out of the prerelease.

3/1 trample or 2/2 haste, on commons? In a set with very little burn or reach?

When is the prerelease?

This weekend.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »

What? Are we trying to summon Luke in here?

55e.gif

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    I picture Arch as Doctor Krieger from Archer

like we think he's talking about bugs, but to him, people are bugs
    Oh, Bugly.

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    Oh man, I tried that Coconut Water stuff recently because I love coconut.

Apparently the flesh of the coconut is where they keep all the nice flavor because the water tastes like fucking snot.

What the everloving shit is wrong with people?

Coconut water is delicious

Like, I've had coconut milk before, which I know is like coconut water plus sugar and stuff... and I like that a lot.

Maybe it was this particular brand.

Coconut milk is not that at all

Coconut milk is, essentially, coconut juice. It comes from the meat of the coconut

Coconut water is the water inside the coconut that has been filtered through the coconut. It is basically just water.

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    I fucked up the sequence of attacks on the Simic play above but it doesn't really matter. You get the idea.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    If you woke up today thinking "I would like to play a freeware black and white sci-fi noir point-and-click FMV adventure game with a female protagonist", might I recommend Fate By Numbers?

• Options
    Feral wrote: »
    Bethryn wrote: »
    Feral

I kinda suspect those 3 mana fliers are going to beat the shit out of the prerelease.

3/1 trample or 2/2 haste, on commons? In a set with very little burn or reach?

When is the prerelease?

This weekend.

fuck

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Who is Luke?

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »
    86 attempts

And the game finally gives it to me

Solo Mastered

Too fucking right, Rocksmith.

86 attempts

Eighty, and then a further six.

Also fuck MUSE.

Gonna play some Queen, MUSE for old people

Rocksmith has taught me one thing thus far.

I am sooooo bad.

I'm trying to play Walk by Pantera right now, and have discovered

The game just can't read palm mutes for shit.

So if the chart says to palm mute

Don't.

Your score will skyrocket

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    16th and 17th century

hmm

spanish empire, the rise and fall of silver

devastating plagues

lepanto

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Argh, this abortion after rape = tampering with evidence thing makes me...

unreasonably angry.

this is a thing?

• Options
    ronya wrote: »
    the last time I drank coconut water, it was out of something like this:

360px-Coconut_drink.jpg

decent, but a sight too expensive for something pretty darned close to water.

Expensive?

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    wandering wrote: »
    If you woke up today thinking "I would like to play a freeware black and white sci-fi noir point-and-click FMV adventure game with a female protagonist", might I recommend Fate By Numbers?

oh god wandering

our avatars still look identical due to the change

you fool what have you done

• Options
    Who is Luke?

Ugh ... internet. You may know him as "Surrealitycheck"

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    my modern history class is basically me and my professor talking for an hour while everyone watches. i am trying not to be 'that guy' but absolutely no one else is raising their hand, and this dude grades participation, so...

I've had classes like that, chu. And, you know, it just sucks to be them, I guess.

I've definitely had classes like that. It's disappointing, but I never felt bad about being "that guy" since, in this case, "that guy" is the only guy doing anything. The teacher almost certainly teaches better through discussion (and I'm not saying that's the only way to teach, just that some people are better at teaching that way) and having at least one person to bounce off of is helping the entire class.

I've been that guy and I've been the guy watching that guy when I'm just not interested in the class and it's fine either way. I think the only time it gets legitimately annoying is when that guy has a pet issue, he disagrees with the professor and everyone else, and he never wants to shut the fuck up about it ever and keeps trying to drag every conversation back to it.

EXCUSE ME PROFESSOR

SIR

I was this guy in my grade 11 philosophy class. I mean, I was the only one voluntarily participating, but I always made an effort to re-direct it to my pet issue.

$10 to who correctly guesses what 16-year-old BeNarwhal's pet issue might have been.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    i don't really like packaged coconut water for the most part it's kinda gross

but like

when we were in belize camping on that random tiny island? we took machetes and went H*A*M on those coconuts and fresh coconut water is soooo good

and i had brought rum and some fruit juice concentrate because i was smart

so then you chop the coconut up, and pour the rum in with the coconut water and maybe a splash of the juice concentrate

and drink straight outta the coconut

also whiskey worked pretty well with the coconut water surprisingly

poo
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod

it's not my fault that my professor hates jews and denies that israel has the right to exist as a fundamentally jewish state in the land of eretz yisrael

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular

It's the reason my girlfriend and I never went back to D&B after it opened up near Universal Studios.

Do you know if it's still crazy busy? I'd be tempted to hit it up at some point, but really I could just go to gameworks/gametime and have less of a drive but a substantially higher chance of getting stabbed.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    decline of the great city-states

starting rumbles of the great nation-states. westphalia was signed in 1648.

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    wandering wrote: »

BOY I SURE WISH THERE WAS A GAME WHERE I COULD PLAY AS A SEXY FEMALE ATTORNEY WHO IS BEING PURSUED ROMANTICALLY BY SIXTEEN SUITORS EACH WITH HUGE DONGS AND GREAT PERSONALITIES

WITH THE LA NOIRE CONVERSATION SYSTEM

*looks around expectantly*

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Oh man, I tried that Coconut Water stuff recently because I love coconut.

Apparently the flesh of the coconut is where they keep all the nice flavor because the water tastes like fucking snot.

What the everloving shit is wrong with people?

Coconut water is delicious

Like, I've had coconut milk before, which I know is like coconut water plus sugar and stuff... and I like that a lot.

Maybe it was this particular brand.

Coconut milk is not that at all

Coconut milk is, essentially, coconut juice. It comes from the meat of the coconut

Coconut water is the water inside the coconut that has been filtered through the coconut. It is basically just water.

I think it might be that whatever I had was bullshit.

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Who is Luke?

Ugh ... internet. You may know him as "Surrealitycheck"

Not ringing any bells.

You mean Gooby?

• Options
    This is like me calling John John and then getting a "who?"

I guess I just dislike the whole internet handles thing.

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular

but like

when we were in belize camping on that random tiny island? we took machetes and went H*A*M on those coconuts and fresh coconut water is soooo good

so then you chop the coconut up, and pour the rum in with the coconut water and maybe a splash of the juice concentrate

I knew there was a reason I liked you

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular

Well we play the regular video games too. We have played all the way through Deadstorm Pirates and Let's Go Island 3D.

• Options
    ronya wrote: »
    the last time I drank coconut water, it was out of something like this:

360px-Coconut_drink.jpg

decent, but a sight too expensive for something pretty darned close to water.

Expensive?

i'm a cheap bastard who won't pay 2 SGD for a drink in singapore

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    InfamyDeferredInfamyDeferred Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »

EXCUSE ME PROFESSOR

SIR

I was this guy in my grade 11 philosophy class. I mean, I was the only one voluntarily participating, but I always made an effort to re-direct it to my pet issue.

$10 to who correctly guesses what 16-year-old BeNarwhal's pet issue might have been.

Gonna put down ten for Objectivism

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Police said the sword hasn't been recovered, but they've determined it was the murder weapon because of the nature of the injuries on the victim and a scabbard found on scene.

The way this sentence ends makes me giggle that it's on the front page of the news.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options

our pax east suite this year is um

john/john/john/jonathan/james

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    And let me just say

if your love can survive Lets Go Island 3D

then you have a good relationship

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »
    86 attempts

And the game finally gives it to me

Solo Mastered

Too fucking right, Rocksmith.

86 attempts

Eighty, and then a further six.

Also fuck MUSE.

Gonna play some Queen, MUSE for old people

Rocksmith has taught me one thing thus far.

I am sooooo bad.

I'm trying to play Walk by Pantera right now, and have discovered

The game just can't read palm mutes for shit.

So if the chart says to palm mute

Don't.

Your score will skyrocket

Yeah, I noticed that. At first I was like, wut dis X, and I was pretty sure it was a mute because that's how I've seen them written in tabs but it just kinda worked when I played it normally. Then it did the little explanation video and I was like, okay, I guess I'll actually palm mute those next time and it totally didn't work unless I was just kinda barely touching it in the lightest manner possible.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options

our pax east suite this year is um

john/john/john/jonathan/james

Then you'll have to go by your last name.

Mr. S.

• Options
    as a kid i really loved the arcade game where you got on a motorcycle that had shocks and you turned by leaning and stuff. it was in my local chuck e cheese

• Options

but like

Whiskey with coconut water is a thing

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    X-Men first class still isn't on streaming apparently

Well shit

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    I agree. Boros can do Boros Elite -> Daring Skyjek -> Skyknight Legionnaire and attack with a 3/3, flying 3/1, and flying 2/2 on T3.

Simic can do Experiment One -> Shambleshark -> Drakewing Krasis and attack with a 3/3, 3/2, on T3 and flying 3/1 on T4. (Edited to fix this.)

You have a lot of opportunities to be aggressive with this set and I think that's going to keep Orzhov in check.
    Yeah.

I do like Orzhov in general though. The Extort mechanic reminds me a lot of my old Pestilence / Sphere of Grace combo I used to play in large casual FFA games (that inevitably painted a massive target on me).

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
This discussion has been closed.