Options

[Bayonetta 1&2] bayo 1 out on steam in 4K! Buy it or else

• Options
    MblackwellMblackwell Registered User regular
    So apparently when you start fighting demons... that's when shit gets real.

Music: The Rejected Applications | Nintendo Network ID: Mblackwell

• Options
    RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    Yeah I plan on getting into Infinite Climax, just haven't had the time to tinker with the game as much as I'd like. To get through 3rd Climax I largely just used either Chernobog / Alruna or Alruna w/ Love is Blue (sometimes swapping the two between hands and feet) for set A and Salamandra / Undine for set B, which seemed to work well enough (there were very few chapters I had to replay for platinum).

Hell, I still need to spend some time just in Tag Climax. I tried it once with someone who seemed pretty fresh in the game (was using basic Bayo costume with 2x pistols, at any rate) and he only went one set with me.

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Love is blue hands alruna feet is a really really good combination, solid all round. Salamandra undine is not one I've thought of trying for some reason. I still haven't tried every combination. What situations did you use it for?

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    Mostly for beefy guys like Urbane or Pain, where you could activate witch time, get in some sawing, then often end with an Undine weave to stagger them briefly to start another chain safely. Though I also preferred to switch to that set to finish up quicker tough targets like Greed and Golem when I would go into Umbran Climax, and similarly on a lot of bosses.

I will by no means say that Salamandra / Undine is a great combination necessarily, but it seemed to put in some work for me on 3rd Climax at any rate. But I probably could have used almost anything else on the foot slot to similar effect, honestly. I think I kinda stuck with it in part since it A) was doing apparently ok at the time anyway and B) I wanted the weapon variety in between the two sets. I haven't experimented with weapon combinations anywhere near as much as I'd like.

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    I used salamandra alruna for that. Dodge their stuff and put them on their back, then chainsaw them while theyre getting up. But I'll try your set because I can think of a few ways it would work better. Especially 360 + k attacks in umbran climax. Undine has probably the best 360 attack in UC by far.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    I always forget about 360 attacks. Blah!

Anyway, only 3 chapters left! Pretty epic.

• Options
    Ugh, encountered a crappy game section. In Chapter XV there's a bit near a Muspelheim with a remembrance of time chest. To collect the pieces you have to go on top of an arch and some pillars. It glitched out on me repeatedly for about 10 minutes. It was mostly the arch. Sometimes Bayonetta would run on top of it to get the time and sometimes she would double flip kick over it completely and dump me on the ground. As a crow I would sometimes be able to fly up over the top of the arch and more often get somehow dragged underneath it (and not be able to get the item). Either way it would eat enough time to make it impossible to get the rest.

Thinking about it now maybe if I'd done a couple of After Burner kicks that might have been enough height on its own to get me over and to the next pillar? I have no idea all I know is I didn't end up finishing the chapter last night because by the time I got the chest open and got the witch heart it was time for bed. When there's bad collision in a game it drives me up the wall, and it was more frustrating because most of the game was perfect up until that point.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    You can jump three times in this game.
    Once off a wall and once in the air. Start from the left part of the arch, near the highest point of the ground, jump (hold the button), jump off the left pillar of the arch, jump again, but aim slightly to the right so you land right on the arch. If you hold forward you'll go over the arch. After that you just have to jump to the first bit, then panther double jump from area to area. Don't worry, you wont run off the edge in panther form. You can take your time to line it up. Jump while panther running, then jump again midway, you'll neatly land on the next pillar.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    imdointhisimdointhis I should actually stop doin' this. Registered User regular
    Is this game really just for wii U????

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    imdointhis wrote: »

Uh... Yes?

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    SilentRoughWaterSilentRoughWater Registered User regular
    It honestly does suck that more people won't get to play Bayo 2, but I was gon' do what I had to do.

sig.php?user=BrokenBrik

Wii U NNID: TJandSam Steam: BrokenBrik
  • Options
    imdointhis wrote: »

yup

without nintendo it wouldn't exist

• Options
    edited November 2014
    You can jump three times in this game.
    Once off a wall and once in the air. Start from the left part of the arch, near the highest point of the ground, jump (hold the button), jump off the left pillar of the arch, jump again, but aim slightly to the right so you land right on the arch. If you hold forward you'll go over the arch. After that you just have to jump to the first bit, then panther double jump from area to area. Don't worry, you wont run off the edge in panther form. You can take your time to line it up. Jump while panther running, then jump again midway, you'll neatly land on the next pillar.

She kept doing additional jumps and I'd overshoot (or she wouldn't do it and I'd be stuck falling). I imagine now that I've gotten it (the heart) I'll never have to get it again, but jeez did it suck.

Mblackwell on

• Options
    edited November 2014
    That's the ledge catch. That's why I said jump to the right. You wont trigger it if you aren't pressing towards a ledge.
    The game has a ledge catch but its not really a jump.
    Even if you ledge catch accidentally you can still press to the right I'm pretty sure.

Anyway it ain't just for you and me (I took ages too).

Anyone else who encounters this jumping situation. Start on the left. Jump diagonal right with your last jump. Aim to land on the middle of the arch (width and length).

Oh and random talk, I was trying out different weapon sets in Witch Trials IV.

I would just like to point out that

SHURUBA UNDINE IS HYPE AS FUCK

that is all.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    So I beat the game and while it wasn't as epic as Bayonetta's ending it was pretty satisfying overall and made me hope for a sequel of some kind.

I felt pretty proud at the end when at the final results screen I had a Gold for the overall game. Sure it's not the best ever but it's pretty danged nice, especially considering how poorly I did in the first Bayonetta.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Meanwhile I'm having genuine trouble PPing easy because they die too quick and the tells are so sloooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwGOTCHA

It's like the whole game is delay attacking me.

I think I'll just put gaze back on. I wanted to work out some stuff in this level but fuck it. They're too slow and too damn weak. It's just annoying the crap out of me.

Time to cut loose and put the pedal to the metal.

Which, in this case, involves hammers.

Morninglord on
  • Options
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I want to correct a few things. Previously I talked about extending witch time in Bayo 2. You can't do that anymore. Witch time length is based on dodging (shorter) vs batwithin/moon of khala (longer and equal) and monster type. Smaller monsters that fill the verses give you lots more witch time, so in the same way that you might leave a few affinities alive to get witch time to defeat a glorious (the assholes who you can't get witch time off, there was a fight or two in angel slayer with that design) you do this in bayo 2 generally.
    Taunted enemies grant less witch time across the board.

I plan to test this rather extensively in the future because many of the people who were hardcore into bayo 1 have kinda written it off for various reasons, not all of which I agree with, and which is kinda too detailed to get into since I don't have a comment yet because I haven't tested enough to know. So if I want to test it I gotta do it myself.

edit: I was reporting the information of someone else there. I just sat down to test it and I am pretty sure the part about not extending witch time is wrong, at least for the practice mode angel. I am going to have to record gameplay and compare timestamps just to check, but you can see the clock on the screen, and the indicator hand notably slows down when you are comboing something.
    The part about taunt cutting your time down is true though. Just stand there doing nothing and you get two seconds off a dodge on that angel. Taunted you get 1.
    And large versus small differences are definitely true, most notably when they're both taunted. I had a muspelheim I was doing with despair on, a large centaur gave me 1 second, the other thing with him gave me enough time to hit that same large centaur with most of a full combo.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Ok so I frame counted.

Just standing there against the practice angel.

Dodge = 2 seconds
    Bat within = 2 seconds.
    Moon counter = 2.8 seconds.

Then I tried various combos.

Turns out you do add to witch time when you attack, the average is 4 seconds if you attack straight away and 4.6 is the highest I could get. It probably isn't the max because as I frame counted I saw lots of empty space but it's the best I could get since it was just a test.

Then I put gaze of despair on.

Halve the above times. (1 second standing, 2 seconds comboing)

I then tested the large centaur in the first muspelheim without gaze.

He had the same times as the taunted practice mode angel. 1 second and 2 seconds comboing.

Out of interest 2 seconds is exactly enough time to land heel tornado (if you commit to it out of the dodge).

And yes, I tested that too.

And yes, it worked.

Sure was fun watching that guy bounce off the wall.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Unlocked all the weapons in Bayo 2 except for Chain Chomp and Rodin (and the Bayo 1 stuff). Having a hard time deciding what combo like the best. Hammer + Chainsaw Feet are fun, but putting whips on my feet seem to have more utility with the grabs and such. Hmmm..

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Switch em up.
    There's no best.

All the weapons are normalised. Other than challenge rooms which are, you know, challenge rooms, you can use any weapon for regular verses if you know its in and outs. The only trouble I've had in this game is using chernabog and take on human bosses in infinite climax and I'm not convinced that there isn't a way to use them. I feel like I'm just not good enough. Probably I just need to mix them up with another weapon.

The more you delve into any given weapon the more it will give back. The most useless and boring weapons in this game have across the board versatility and tricks when you spend time with them. I don't feel like I know how to use all of them yet. Not even close.

Regarding magic, I found something.
    The best way to get magic quickly is to taunt enemies. Every individual enemy you taunt will give you one orb. Other than that, it seems the other rule is doing damage (I think its a set amount of damage), so collecting and destroying groups of enemies together. Dodging and batwithin gives you half an orb, a counter attack with moon gives you 1 and a slightly longer witch time.

Taunted enemies attack faster, do more damage, give you half the witch time that you get normally from them, but give you a hell of a lot more combo points. So you can just basically obliterate taunted enemies however you like with all the magic you've collected. You don't have to farm them for points. Umbran climax the lot of em if you want.
    But basically you taunt everything then kill them all as fast as possible, making sure to dodge everything. You'll be swimming in orbs.

It's not as easy for single bosses....except single bosses will attack more, which means you get opportunities to dodge more, which gets you more orbs than simply doing damage.
    Be careful with humanoid bosses. A lot of them get downright nasty when taunted. Some of them get super armor, which means you have to know their combos because you are going to have to dodge every hit witch time or not. However...umbran climax will even this out a bit and give them hit stun again. It all syncs together pretty nicely...but its hella hectic.

Best used for verses with lots of weak enemies and during spawn ins. They're basically stock up points in the level.

Needless to say, given how much I like taunts, I am super pleased that this is a thing and that it is so incredibly rewarding.

Note that gaze does not give this effect, and you lose the opportunity to do it. You have to risk manually taunting them, standing there going "ask your mum." probably right up until one of them tries to take a swipe at you if you want to get them all, since it slowly taunts them one by one....

I don't think you get more orbs for hitting taunted enemies anymore. It doesn't make a difference on the practice mode angel and I don't think it does in stages. It's more of a not having to worry about combo points ever sort of thing. Just kill everything asap you'll get all the points you need with gaze and you don't have to sit there taunting anything. But you'll get less magic overall.
    There are a few fights where not having to worry about combo points and just taking out dangerous enemies immediately with torture attacks then cleaning up the rest is really useful.

edit: Seems that the practice mode angel is affected by difficulty. I didn't know that! So the orbs go down a little bit, for example taunting wont get you a full orb. The game keeps track of parts of orbs it seems.

Overall you get progressively less per angel from the taunt, but in big packs it does still add up quickly. I am certain that dodging attacks while enemies are taunted is better orbs. On infinite climax you need 3 bat withins for one orb, but when you have gaze on you only need two.
    This little fella might not have enough health for me to tell if its based on damage or not, it may still give you more combo points. I'll need to test this a bunch more, seems a bit more complicated than I thought initially.
    But regardless I'll show you guys the difference between manually taunting and not on the first verse of witch trial iv, because its quite impressive.

edit2: Ok I've put it together but I'll have to upload it tomorrow morning before work cos I've run out of not sleeping time. Stupid need for sleeping.

Morninglord on
  • Options
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I just had an Enrapture drain all of my magic. Hadn't seen that before. Probably because I usually kill them pretty quickly.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Yeah they do that.
    Fortunately they're extremely squishy.

This whole game is starting to come together for me.

You taunt enemies to build up magic, they then attack you, which is a great source of orbs from dodging/batwithin etc. Countering is a fantastic source of orbs, much better than blocking, dodging or bat within. You then get umbran climax and it doesn't matter that they are taunted.
    Bosses are obvious, they already attack super fast, and you are clearly meant to be able to string multiple witch times together to complete combos. That's why pretty much every weapon can, in some way, hold a combo point long enough for you to dodge offset without having to think overly much, since you are already holding down the button.
    Every weapon has a reason to hold down the button that also extends the combo timer.

The penalty for triggering witch time and then not going all in is humongous now. Even a split seconds hesitation will lose you so much witch time.
    Hence umbran spear improvements. Teleport to them instantly, still keep your combo.

The risk reward of taunt is perfectly balanced: you get orbs from taunting (and a shit ton for timing it perfectly) and enemies attack more, giving you more orbs since taunted enemies give you more orbs from defensive moves, but you get less witch time, so you have to be even more all in, but that's okay, because they're all taunted, so you get tons of combo points, so just wipe them out as brutally as possible.

Umbran climax can be used super efficiently, its possible to do humongous damage with only three orbs used. Moves that are started while umbran climax is active continue making weaves until they end, which gets you the orbs from doing damage.

I've even found a use for witch twist. I know I'm shocked too.

What I really need to do is work out how to add a little timer. Because I want to show witch time durations for various enemies and moves.
    I also probably need to move away from avidemux because it can't handle frame precise cuts and edits with the h264 codec, which is the codec my hdpvr uses. Which means I gotta find something equally as painless. I need to make more complicated videos to explain some of this stuff.

I'm actually recording footage and frame counting to work out this game. As much as I love platinum, I don't think I've ever had the motivation to do that before.

I'm actually thinking of playing through the entire game multiple times with a restricted weapon set, say rak only, just to see what they can and can't do. Because the more I put time into weapons that I thought previously were unviable in certain situations, the more they astonish me with their capability.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    You were wondering about Chernobog and I'm pretty sure I ran a few Muspelheims (and a couple of the more difficult verses with loads of medium sized angels) near the end with it and Alruna on the feet. The combination when doing weaves like PPKP and PPKK(K) gave some very heavy AOE damage.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    I was thinking more of tight time requirements with extremely parry happy enemies like allegience.
    It's a great general aoe weapon and as far as I can tell none of the lighter enemies can parry it at all. Only the bigger enemies can and even then, only some. Against the bigger enemies the shot it fires can hit with all three, which is great for jumping up onto a beloved or urbane and blasting it in that big red orb.

Incidentally crow form spiral blades on that orb are a really good way to dizzy them.

My only real problem with it is that if an enemy can parry it, it's so slow and wide reaching its hard to get around them. It's horizontal weave has a melee strike before the weave hits, which means you can't use that weave against enemies that can parry this weapon because they'll stop it at that point, before the weave gets to come out.
    The vertical weaves are great but to get to them you need to use a kick weapon and they tend to be parryable too, so it doesn't really work all that well against allegience.

I get so close to platinum against the first muspelheim in infinite climax with chern/love is blue that I feel like its possible, I'm just fucking something basic up.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Heh.

I unlocked the Mario 64 main theme in Smash Bros 4, and my first thought was to the scene of Rodin taking that song to make the Chain Chomp weapon.

• Options
    RubycatRubycat Registered User regular
    I finally beat 2, Wheeee that shit is fun went straight up second climax mode with just love is blue hands and feet (if there was a shotgun I would of done that on feet)
    I wanted to try Kafka out and Undine but I don't know, the bow and those burner/snow blower mix don't seem super powerful.

steam_sig.png
    PSN: Rubycat3 / NintentdoID: Rubycat
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    I don't miss the shotguns so much from Bayo 1 as the rocket launchers. Rocket launcher feet are too much fun.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Rubycat wrote: »
    I finally beat 2, Wheeee that shit is fun went straight up second climax mode with just love is blue hands and feet (if there was a shotgun I would of done that on feet)
    I wanted to try Kafka out and Undine but I don't know, the bow and those burner/snow blower mix don't seem super powerful.

I beat alruane's first form in infinite climax with khafka/handguns today.

I beat the last boss in infinite climax with undine hands.

I just beat the lumen sage 3 with hammer in infinite climax.

Weapons are not strong or weak in this game.

Players are weak or strong with each weapon.

I only had moon and testimony on. No tricks, no messing about. I just figured out how each weapon works.

Morninglord on
  • Options
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Morninglord on
  • Options
    RubycatRubycat Registered User regular
    Went through all of 2nd climax with Kafka/Undine. managed to Gold it out for the bracelet of time (too bad bracelet needs you to hold L, but I can see the use for dodging some sketchy things, holding it down is too uncomfortable though for me) I normally just used Moon and Rewards

Kafkas spin stick P shoots out many many arrows to everything, really good if there is just one enemy around (and in umbran climax its sooo many arrows really fast)/ ZL forward x 3 or 4, you rush up to an enemy and slash away, ZL backward you launch the enemy and then can hold P to shoot up some arrows. It seems like a dodge offset heavy weapon, with charging and since your already holding P the dodge offsets are a bit easier.
    --this weapon does not make you a score king in tag climax though, I came out as loser in every match using it compared to someone with massive aoe weapons and them just spinning sticks like mad in climax mode, its still fun though--

Last night I beat all of 3rd climax with Salamandra hands and Alruna feet. I was a bit disappointed the enemy types didn't change like in hard mode on Bayonetta 1 (maybe they do in INFINITE Climax?) but they were more aggressive and the bosses a bit more mean -like all the humanoid bosses- Witch time (or climax mode) and Alruna feet ZL forward hold K, over and over for safe strats. or if your feeling gutsy do one of those holds to flip the boss and then rush in for some Perfect timed Slamandra releases makes short work of health bars.

steam_sig.png
    PSN: Rubycat3 / NintentdoID: Rubycat
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    On the other hand Khafka/Chomp will win you all the scores in tag climax.
    It's roughly as broken as the kilgore glitch.

Possibly more.

The real beauty of khafka is getting to foot enders extremely fast, at any range, while extending witch time.

Incidentally don't sleep on back forward p. It's really strong.

Infinite climax mixes up the spawns.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    PrjctD_CaptainPrjctD_Captain iFizzRegistered User regular
    On the other hand Khafka/Chomp will win you all the scores in tag climax.
    It's roughly as broken as the kilgore glitch.

Possibly more.

The real beauty of khafka is getting to foot enders extremely fast, at any range, while extending witch time.

Incidentally don't sleep on back forward p. It's really strong.

Infinite climax mixes up the spawns.

As long as it doesn't send 3 joys at me on chapter 1....

Steam: BrightWing
    PSN: BrightWing13 FFX|V:ARR Bright Asuna
  • Options
    hehe

hehehehe

oh man the prologue is a thing on infinite climax

it is definitely a thing

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Definitely not as bad as Bayo 1's Hard Mode Prologue.

"Use [X] Torture Attacks! Against a whole bunch of Glories! On a tiny battlefield! And you lose magic when you get hit!""

• Options
    Kamiya is a cruel taskmaster.

• Options
    PrjctD_CaptainPrjctD_Captain iFizzRegistered User regular
    Everytime I start to think "Im finally getting the hang of this" Bayo 1 just slaps me and reminds me what a little bitch I am.

Ok, maybe not that bad, but its never afraid to let you know how bad you are.

Steam: BrightWing
    PSN: BrightWing13 FFX|V:ARR Bright Asuna
  • Options
    My favourite is the end of angel slayer.
    You beat 3 jeannes and then you fight bayo who heel stomp and tetsu spams you endlessly.

Okay lets do thi

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

THE WITCH HUNTERS ARE OVER

ffffuuuuuuuu~