Options

[Bayonetta 1&2] bayo 1 out on steam in 4K! Buy it or else

• Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    So I want the Bayonetta soundtrack. It's $100 for all of it. FML.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    I'm waiting for them to at least put the entire soundtrack on iTunes like they did with W101.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    I'm not sure how much of a spoiler that is.

Doesn't that get shown in chapter 2, with that first big vision thing? Maybe chapter 3?

Enlong on
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Since when does common courtesy for other people depend on what you think counts as a spoiler? Come on guys. It's not just about the person you are talking to. That's why spoiler tags exist. They're not even hard to use ffs, it's a button you click.

Pretty disappointed that I even had to say that.

Anyway, love the new weapon. Went and beat witch trial v with it. This thing is built for the bangle of time. It can more than take care of itself out of it and its got an answer to everything. It's slow though so you still have to dodge.
    Then you use your built up magic to slaughter bosses. It seems to be able to just keep up with the magic used (you lose basically a pip with kkk) and it does so much damage to them its amazing.
    Best part is nobody can parry it. Human bosses can dodge it (some moves will still hit them but not reliably), but them centaurs? Easy pickins.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    KriegaffeKriegaffe Registered User regular
    I'm having so much fun with this. I've taken a big liking to Kafka. Originally I noticed the damage was small and combos kind of basic... but then I learnt that ZL -> X zips Bayonetta back in toward the enemy . So you can snipe for a while, then get back in close and attack with a a leg weapon (I'm using Undine) or switch to an alt weapon set.

What I like is it's how I want to play. If I want to do something else, I can equip a big a big hammer or swords or just mess around.

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Khakfa is really versatile. The only thing I don't like about it is that the basic shots wont stun them in witch time. It does extend witch time though which is aces.

You know what I'm gonna take rodin into tag climax and see how well it handles not having the bangle.

Btw something I learned about tag climax. You know the infinity symbol? It's the other players current target. If you both hit the same target you build up a tag climax, which is, basically, free umbran climax/lumen climax/wtf rodin uses. Which is why sometimes you bust out the weaves and shit without triggering your own climax.

Coordinated beatdowns are the way to beat difficult fights.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    gunwarriorgunwarrior Registered User regular
    I think infinity symbol means you're both targeting the same enemy, otherwise you get the individual red/blue lipstick marks.

• Options
    Oh ok. I was always chasing that mob. I guess the other guy was too.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Also holy shit is R op.
    The only fights its kinda hard to use in are the one with ranged bosses that jump back and forth.
    It gets a ton of combo points, stuns everything, basically just women handles everything that usually annoys you and the only thing it really doesn't do well with are super large creatures. Salamandra/whip is faster and more efficient there.
    Everything else?

Fuggeddaboutit!

Needs bracelet of time for human sized bosses.

You don't get enough witch time otherwise.

But when you do? They die.

It's slow and clunky if you just mash attacks. You have to panther, umbran spear and hold down y to keep your combo going.

And because it is actually kind of slow to do each attack you often have to dodge enemies on the sides.

But that's easy because the enemy you are hitting? They can't do shit.

I did have the scythe guy in witch time 5 verse 1 get out of the last hit of my basic attack though. He's very evasive. But he's easy enough to dizzy and then he's yours.

I kinda like this weapon cos its pretty easy to lose your combo if you don't react really quickly. The moves have a long recovery, you can't just wait till they are over and start shooting something. You might run out of time, especially if you accidentally whiff on something. You have to cancel your recovery a lot and really think.
    It's involving and satisfying. Very pleased with it. Much better than the version in the first game which was useless for PP.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    I don't think bayonetta has a coherent enough story to be spoiled?

I'm on I believe the final chapter and I have very little idea if anything has really happened.

It does, but a lot of the background information on the world is found in all of the journal entries and enemy descriptions.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    I'm finding items much more easily in Bayo 2. In Bayo 1 not once did I complete a Witch Heart or Moon Pearl, from start to finish. And I only found one Alfheim and it was crazy impossible. In Bayo 2 I'm finding shit left and right and the several Muspelheims I've come across have been reasonable challenges.

That's not to say things aren't well hidden, but I don't feel like I need to fling myself at every piece of background scenery to see if that's a place I can actually go in order to find a hidden mcguffin.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    I only found 2 crows in Bayo 1.

• Options
    I only found 2 crows in Bayo 1.

2 down, 49 to go!

• Options
    Yeah I'm going to consult some guide for these crows in Bayo 1. I started another run on very easy just to find shit and 4-5 chapters in I still haven't found any new crows or upgrades. Compared to Bayo 2 after I got through 2nd climax first time I had like only 5 crows left and decent chunk of extra life/magic.

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Is there any point to finding crows? The couple I came across in Bayo 1 were too much of a bitch to catch so I just ignored it the rest of the game.

0tjc2zz5b239.jpg

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Is there any point to finding crows? The couple I came across in Bayo 1 were too much of a bitch to catch so I just ignored it the rest of the game.

0tjc2zz5b239.jpg

I know in Bayo2 they unlock miiverse stamps.

Not sure if they do the same in Bayo1.

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular

0tjc2zz5b239.jpg

Collecting all the Umbran Tears of Blood (including the ones the crows have) unlocks the Climax Brace. Equipping it puts Bayonetta in serious mode like when she is fighting one of the Auditio.

Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • Options
    They're required for the climax brace in 2 as well. This time it gives you infinite magic. I want it for exploring the combo system.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    So I bought Bayo2 on eBay a couple weeks back. It hasn't shown up. I opened a case to try n' get a refund, and noticed some feedback on the guy's profile today of someone else who bought it the same day as me and didn't get it either.

Fuck eBay scammers, man. :I

HEY SEMI RELATED! Can you get the Bayo 1+2 combo pack thing in the UK without a European USK age rating? Everywhere I look, it's got that big dumb second age rating next to the PEGI.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    My copy of Bayo1/2 came from flubit, and ended up being an import copy from Germany (I assume?), the language on the cases isn't English though but it still has that big age rating thing on it.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    And finished the game (2nd Climax).

I'm really glad I played Bayo 1 all the way though. The story became much more satisfying knowing how the plots interrelate. I especially like what they did with the Lumen Sage character.

The ending maybe wasn't quite as bonkers epic as Bayo 1, but I really liked it when there was an appearance by...
    The Shirogane Comet!!!
    . Excellent game and probably my GotY.

Looking forward to Tag Climax, 3rd Climax and these Witch Trial things that have appeared.

• Options
    Yeah I'm going to consult some guide for these crows in Bayo 1. I started another run on very easy just to find shit and 4-5 chapters in I still haven't found any new crows or upgrades. Compared to Bayo 2 after I got through 2nd climax first time I had like only 5 crows left and decent chunk of extra life/magic.

Crows and Alfheims don't show up on easy. Normal or above.

All of the crows are split over Normal, Hard, and Non-Stop Infinite Climax with typically two per chapter barring Route 666 and Isla Del Sol.

Some of them are actually inside Alfheims but only one requires you to beat the Alfheim before you can collect it.

• Options
    Is there any need to play through on Easy? (same question applies for W101)

On the Play History grid they show up with empty cells if the first completion is done on 2nd Climax (i.e. Normal).

• Options
    Well, completing Easy gets you an Accessory which lets you turn on the Easy Automatic control scheme in any difficulty, though it, like, halves your combo score or something.

• Options
    BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    Kriegaffe wrote: »
    Is there any need to play through on Easy? (same question applies for W101)
    For W101, there is a bottle cap for clearing all secret missions on all difficulties. It's needed to unlock a secret character, and warriors of Dearth might like his morph...

Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • Options
    I thought that such bottle caps used "all difficulties" to mean "normal, hard, and 101% hard".

• Options
    Viskod wrote: »
    Crows and Alfheims don't show up on easy. Normal or above.

All of the crows are split over Normal, Hard, and Non-Stop Infinite Climax with typically two per chapter barring Route 666 and Isla Del Sol.

Some of them are actually inside Alfheims but only one requires you to beat the Alfheim before you can collect it.

Goddammit I've been wasting time stopping and looking up at walls/buildings on Very Easy. Might as well plow on through because I don't want to see empty slots on my play history. Also it seems you regenerate health on very easy? I know you take pitiful damage on lower difficulties (but you still get big damage penalties if you get hit too much regardless), and yet I haven't used any healing items since my health always seem to be full. Enemies probably drop a lot of green laurels, since Bayo 1 doesn't announce collectibles with on screen texts as much as 2.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    umbran spear experiments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_AqsFOTPo8

the TRUE PURPOSE OF WITCH TWIST

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ou5DWHQRk0

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    So the first Alfheim I came across in Bayo 1 was a "Defeat this big enemy with a limited number of punches and kicks" and I was like nope.

By contrast, these early Muspelheims in Bayo 2 are more like tutorial challenges, which I appreciate. Though I don't doubt they too will eventually evolve into "defeat this boss monster with 3 punches or less".

• Options
    SilentRoughWaterSilentRoughWater Registered User regular
    Using Shuraba's charged up draw attack made that really easy, which someone here suggested. I passed it up on two different play throughs because it just seemed way too hard.

I just unlocked Odette for the first time in 1. Ice skating around as a sexy witch, delivering swift death to hordes of angels with a demon-possessed katana is why video games were invented.

sig.php?user=BrokenBrik

Wii U NNID: TJandSam Steam: BrokenBrik
  • Options
    The Onyx Roses work really well for the "Defeat a thing with X Punches, and Y Kicks" Holding the Punch or Kick button to fire them at close range, really just does ridonkulous damage to everything on Normal.

• Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    So the first Alfheim I came across in Bayo 1 was a "Defeat this big enemy with a limited number of punches and kicks" and I was like nope.

By contrast, these early Muspelheims in Bayo 2 are more like tutorial challenges, which I appreciate. Though I don't doubt they too will eventually evolve into "defeat this boss monster with 3 punches or less".

The actually don't! They are pretty basic and in general way easier than the ones in Bayo 1. I often got stuck on Alfheims and had to do them over and over again, in Bayo 2 I beat almost all of them on the first or second try.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I hooked up my hd pvr and I am going to start making videos showing some of the sick shit I've found. I'm getting into this game in a big way. I haven't been this on fire about a game in a long time. The umbran spear changes are hitting me the same way prototype's movement system hit me. Upside the head and then I'm completely concussed in my daily life because its all I can think about.

Just to give you guys a basic idea.

Jump cancel (jumping in the air) and/or enemy step (jumping off an enemy) lets you cancel almost any animation in these games. It's the basis for a large number of high level techniques.
    But it doesn't let you dodge offset.

Umbran spear functions as both an instant cancel, a teleport and a dodge offset all in one.

Boy am I in trouble now.
    DeMoN wrote: »

The actually don't! They are pretty basic and in general way easier than the ones in Bayo 1. I often got stuck on Alfheims and had to do them over and over again, in Bayo 2 I beat almost all of them on the first or second try.

They're a fair bit tougher on infinite climax. But still nothing compared to bayo 1.

Honestly this game has a much bigger jump between 3rd and infinite climax than hard to non stop was in bayo 1.

I was trying to fight lumen sage with bangle and despair yesterday just to see if I could land any hits on him without any witch time and my god. It's possible.
    But my god.
    You need to be a dodge offset god. You have to dodge offset as he does his combos and then "trade" weaves with him as he's doing the last hit because he's only really vulnerable for a very small window when he finishes combos or certain large attacks of his own. To not get hit yourself, you have to cancel your weave making move pretty much at the exact point your weave is guaranteed to come out or you will get hit.
    This is godhand arena 51 kick me run level.

I hit him with the last weave of ppkkk but I was dodging through one of his attacks at the time while the weave cut through all his shit and blasted him backwards for great damage. It's one of the most satisfying things I've done in this game.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I was all excited when I got the Kafka, but it seems like it doles out fucking pitiful damage. I used it on a boss fight with some flying thing and good fucking god it took FOREVER to kill the bastard. How many demonic arrows can I put through your face before you fucking die? Sticking to the pistols for ranged attacks from now on, methinks.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    Try slightly charging before each shot. It won't take much longer, but each shot will fire three arrows instead of one, and push you backwards.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    As well as what Enlong said, it's best for getting to powerful enders on the feet fast while dealing continuous damage at range. Enemies that normally parry will eat it as well. As well as being fast it will extend witch time, while air punching to get out faster attacks will not. Nor will shooting love is blue. Bullets don't extend witch time. Arrows do.
    On top of that if the enemy is doing something that means you can't shoot them temporarily you can charge an attack and wait. You wont lose your combo while charging attacks since it freezes the timer.
    It's not a good source of primary damage, its a utility weapon.
    It's a bit better with testimony at doing damage because the 360 punch attack uses magic and the weaves with this weapon in umbran climax aren't super great. In long range fights umbran climax doesn't super home like it used to and will whiff more so you don't get as much out of umbran climax as you do shooting the multiple salvo so you might as well use it.
    It's incredible with later weapons on your feet like chomp, but even with love is blue getting to the kick weaves of ppkkk and pppkkk faster is worth it. They do a lot of damage compared to pkp.
    It does a bit of poison damage too. It's not much but it adds up.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFxjEdig0bg&feature=youtu.be

Cancelling whip throw with umbran spear at the top if its arc will pop them extremely high in the sky, although it is hard to time the maximum height.
    The 360 moves are obvious but I discovered something interesting I didn't know when making this video.
    It doesn't matter where Bayonetta is in relation to the enemy when you do directional inputs like back forward or forward forward. No matter which direction you press on the stick and which direction bayonetta is facing, the resulting move will always head towards the soft locked enemy. You only have to make sure the "back forward" moves are opposite directions and the "forward forward" moves are the same direction.
    You can do eg left to right for tetsu or left left for stinger moves, every time, all the time, and it will always work.
    As a result you can confidently use these attacks in conjunction with umbran spear even if you have no idea where she will be after the teleport!
    Extremely handy.
    I need to get the climax brace so I can test things a lot easier. Being lazy about the crows. :)

Morninglord on
  • Options
    MblackwellMblackwell Registered User regular
    zlCfzSpiWkMc40gRR9
    It's so shiny!

Every time I screw up a dodge in this game I smack myself over the head (mentally... since I'm too busy to take my hands off of the controls) for not pressing the button.

Music: The Rejected Applications | Nintendo Network ID: Mblackwell