As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

IN DEE [CHAT] ABLE

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Wow, ok.

So i watched The Dark Knight Rises today, after skipping it in theaters.

That movie was really crappy. What the fuck was up with Bane's voice? As if Bale's Batman voice isn't bad enough.

God. I feel like that film's narrative goal was to bore me to death punctuated by occasional kicks to the groin.

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    @shazkar shadowstorm

Kanye West, Animal Collective, Grizzly Bear, the xx, Dirty Projectors, Beirut, Cut Copy, Beach House, Kendrick, DFA 1979, Feist to Play Governors Ball

Crystal Castles, Deerhunter, Fucked Up, Miguel, Dinosaur Jr., Best Coast, Japandroids, Twin Shadow, Azealia Banks, Local Natives, Yeasayer, Nas, Bloc Party, Wild Nothing, Freddie Gibbs, more to play NYC fest

I wanna go to this so hard but I'm going on a biggole trip around then

• Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I can't comprehend why you'd want to watch a movie that's been recorded by an asshole in a theater with a video camera.

$

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    pirating movies that are still in the cinema is weird to me

"hey guys, do you want a recording of an album that I made on my phone from 40 ft away?"

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    Wow, ok.

That movie was really crappy. What the fuck was up with Bane's voice? As if Bale's Batman voice isn't bad enough.

God. I feel like that film's narrative goal was to bore me to death punctuated by occasional kicks to the groin.

yeah it really wasn't very good, was it?

like, walking out i didn't think it was that bad an experience

but in hindsight it was kind of terrible

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Wow, ok.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hljPe6euy8

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    I want an otter

why don't I have an otter

There was a holiday resort in the Drakensberg with a restaurant overlooking a lake, that had a "pet" otter that would come in. People could pet it etc.
    Be careful when wearing baggy shorts as he likes to climb up the pants leg. Then he gets stuck, and panics.

I never petted that otter.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Bayonetta is coming to the PSN next week?

for only twenny dollers?

Gasp...

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    calc 2: approximately twelve times harder than calc 1. this is a fact.

• Options
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Wow, ok.

yeah it really wasn't very good, was it?

like, walking out i didn't think it was that bad an experience

but in hindsight it was kind of terrible

The single worst thing about the movie, and there was a lot to dislike about, was the fact that the not-so-surprising surprise villain plot twist at the very end read so much like an islamic terrorist that I felt guilty for hating it, despite the fact that it was a very loathsome villain who deserved no sympathy.

By playing into such a hot button racial stereotype pastiche, the movie deprived me of even the simple joy of really rooting for the villain to take a bullet to the brain.

Fuck that movie.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    I am considering going to Primavera.

970x610_alf.png

• Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    this place would be covered in animu and bodily fluids if it weren't for will

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    The Bane voice really didn't bother me a great deal.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Wow, ok.

It definitely felt like a 'a camel is a horse designed by committee' kind of thing. So many plot holes make me think the script was rewritten a dozen times by a dozen different people.

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Dark Knight Rises wasn't the best movie I've seen, but I don't feel like I wasted my money by seeing it in theatres

Of course, such moderate opinions can't be tolerated here

give me a few minutes to get really riled about how adequate I found it

• Options
    Tamin wrote: »

It wouldn't have bothered me if he hadn't had more screen time monologuing than any other character in the film.

But as much as I had to listen to that fruity voice? It should have been a lot less stupid.

• Options
    I liked everything involving JGL

especially those last few seconds

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »

It wouldn't have bothered me if he hadn't had more screen time monologuing than any other character in the film.

But as much as I had to listen to that fruity voice? It should have been a lot less stupid.

But it allowed for that town crier scene which was probably where the fruity voice came from in the first place.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    tdkr was very pretty but a vastly inferior movie to tdk

it has some really bad pacing issues

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »

I thought I raised a street-wise hercules

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    JeanJean Heartbroken papa bear Gatineau, QuébecRegistered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Dark Knight Rises wasn't the best movie I've seen, but I don't feel like I wasted my money by seeing it in theatres

Pretty much my opinion. :) I found it to be easilly the weakest of the 3 in the new serie but it's also easilly superior to the Batman movies that came out before it.

"You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
  • Options
    Senjutsu wrote: »

Teaser for a film that probably won't happen does not redeem a long painful crappy movie.

I like JGL, I like Tom Hardy, I like Morgan Freeman, I like Michael Caine, I like Anne Hathaway, I like Gary Oldman.

That doesn't mean I don't have to pretend that wasn't a really crappy film.

Because it really was. I'm not saying it's Plan Nine From Outer Space or The Room, but for all the money and talent they had to throw around, they have no excuse for the film sucking as much as it did.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Nova_C wrote: »
    @Jacobkosh

Do we know anything about Cyberpunk 2077's gameplay?

Because the trailer for Dead Island with the girl reversing through the window was an amazing trailer that apparently signified nothing about the game at all. So as cool as the Cyberpunk trailer is, it could have nothing to do with the game itself.

Well, I mean, yeah. There is no such thing as an airtight defense against a company that's willing to spend tens of thousands of dollars on a fancy cinematic trailer to convince you their game is something it's not.

But ideally the trailer, even sans gameplay, shows something about the tone and the aesthetic they're going for. And this one is nice because it is comes off as fresh and modern but demonstrates a certain level of understanding of the source material, which is heartening when you have a group of Poles making a game of a beloved but hoary twenty-five-year-old tabletop gaming property.

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod

yeah probably. calc 2 is pretty much the meat of calc

calc 3 isn't so bad if you survive the gauntlet

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options

Teaser for a film that probably won't happen does not redeem a long painful crappy movie.

I like JGL, I like Tom Hardy, I like Morgan Freeman, I like Michael Caine, I like Anne Hathaway, I like Gary Oldman.

That doesn't mean I don't have to pretend that wasn't a really crappy film.

Because it really was. I'm not saying it's Plan Nine From Outer Space or The Room, but for all the money and talent they had to throw around, they have no excuse for the film sucking as much as it did.

oh you can hate it all you want

I just have a hard time getting that worked up about it

it was like someone filmed the idea of an adequate but not great batman movie

• Options
    Jean wrote: »
    simonwolf wrote: »

Pretty much my opinion. :) I found it to be easilly the weakest of the 3 in the new serie but it's also easilly superior to the Batman movies that came out before it.

I find it remarkably inferior to the two Michael Keaton Batman films.

Comparing it favorably to the Val Kilmer/George Clooney films does not seem like much of a compliment.

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
  • Options
    Why did Bane
    put a satellite dish and TV in the prison so Bruce could see Gotham burn yet not hire one informant in the prison to let him know Bruce escaped?

• Options

he was probably the high point of the movie

also i guess anne hathaway did a good job even though her character was completely pointless to the story

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

It's like 90% memorizing shit and 10% figuring out what it means later.

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Dat first minigame...

My god ... 0:45 ...

• Options
    edited January 2013
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Why did Bane
    put a satellite dish and TV in the prison so Bruce could see Gotham burn yet not hire one informant in the prison to let him know Bruce escaped?

If you go down that road you have to start asking why they didn't just
    detonate their bomb
    instead of engaging in some hokey ass plot to "kill everyone's hopes and dreams before
    detonating the bomb
    for lulz".

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Why did Bane
    I guess because he was so arrogant he did not ever think it could happen.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    i was kind of disappointed by looper, especially after it received such high praise

halfway through i realized that i wished i was watching 12 monkeys instead

I think that is finally out in theaters here.

I was considering going to see it because of how much praise it got in [chat].

The theater out here ain't cheap... so now I am having doubts.

save a thousand zennies and just watch 12 monkeys again

always the right decision

12 Monkeys is so great

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    had to beat 16 with two dice out of 2d10+3d8; some luck required, but not a terribly high bar

my roll: 1, 1, 8, 1, 2

headdesk.jpb

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »

I thought I raised a street-wise hercules

to fiiiiight the riiiising odds

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Gooey wrote: »
    tdkr was very pretty but a vastly inferior movie to tdk

it has some really bad pacing issues

i still feel like batman begins was the best one even though katie holmes looks like she is having a stroke

heath ledger was brilliant in tdk, but really the whole harvey dent side of the plot dragged everything down

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular

To be fair, some of these seem rigged or due to gross incompetence.

488W936.png
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Why did Bane

Because Bane didn't think severe injuries could be cured with a rope&bullshit.

This discussion has been closed.