As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [chat] About Sad Silent Types Wearing Porkpie Hats

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Apparently they were originally planning for The Annoited One
    to be the big bad for season 2 but then they killed him because the actor was growing too quickly and so he wouldn't be believable as an ageless vampire. Spike killing him is such a great moment because a) it was totally unexpected, at least for me. And 2) The Annoited One was personalityless and boring and I was glad to be rid of him.

wandering on
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Shit, Kana, with that arsenal, I bet you're smoother than Dexter in real life.

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    @Ludious, I'm as sober as a judge and have no ready access to intoxicants.

Convince me to do something I'll regret!

Go to school for radio

Before this I was working in parking enforcement, and before that I was fleeing across the country. And before that, I was working in a kitchen. Before that, I was working in landscaping.

Gonna take my chances with this media thing. :o

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular

Go to school for radio

Before this I was working in parking enforcement, and before that I was fleeing across the country. And before that, I was working in a kitchen. Before that, I was working in landscaping.

you should focus on AM radio

• Options
    I still love am radio.

• Options

Go to school for radio

I actually am. Ideally sports, though news-talk ain't out of the question either.

Though of course in reality my first years out of school will not be in front of a mic anyway!

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    i think i am in love with walter goggins

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular

Go to school for radio

I actually am. Ideally sports, though news-talk ain't out of the question either.

Though of course in reality my first years out of school will not be in front of a mic anyway!

you should go to church

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Like, to compare and contrast a little bit between Buffy villains.

Spike and Drusilla are monsters, but they have so much humor and style. And they are not invincible. They are careful planners, who while capable of some really seriously awful stuff, are on a very even level with Buffy. They are playing to win, but not cheating. The actors are also terribly charismatic and it is difficult to hate them completely.

The Master and the Mayor are in basically the same boat. They are big bad guys, but they are written with so much humor that they can never be truly loathesome. The Mayor in particular is, though he is a real big bad guy, so God damn funny that the audience is sad to see him get vanquished.
    Angelus
    is the closest to Glory level of "KILL THIS FUCKER NOW" he is so evil, so filled with malice that it's almost beyond the pale. And even more frightening; he's not playing by the villain's guide book. He has no boundaries, he can kill anyone. The audience is terrified because no one is safe. But there is a huge enormous caveat here:
    he is also Angel.
    When he fights Buffy to the death the audience cannot experience any joy or relief because this is a classic "If you win, you lose" scenario for Buffy. The exact opposite of the catharsis you get from Buffy beating Glory down, instead of relishing her victory, her victory is awful and completely traumatic.

Those are really the noteworthy villains that come to mind. The nerd trio were weird and different. They shouldn't have been scary, but in the end they weren't playing by the rules either and some Whedon shit went down. I certainly wasn't bothered when Willow went crazy and murdered them. Bitches had it coming.

Regina Fong on
  • Options

Go to school for radio

you should go to church

Could do, probably not at this time of night, though.

Whenever I go I have to be careful about refusing the eucharist - people sometimes view it as insulting, but I'd feel like I'm insulting them if I DID receive it.

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular

If you really loved him, you'd know that his first name is Walton.

Boyd Crowder is disappointed in you, EM.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Oh I forgot about the military experiment monster dude from season 4.

He was pretty evil and scary, and he certainly was pretty damn close to invincible, but he had an important distinction of being a monster that was the results of mans abuse of science. He wasn't some evil magic being reveling in his power and chaos, he was an intelligent Frankensteins monster run amok.

I couldn't hate him anything like I hated Glory or
    Angelus
    . His variety of evil felt much less personal.

• Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »

oh fuck it's this.

Goddamnit my miiiiind

• Options
    Newly unwrapped research suggests that sex with condoms is just as earth-shaking as sex au naturel, HealthDay News reports.

A cross-section of nearly 6,000 18- to 59-year-old Americans -- women, men, gay and straight -- revealed as much in data analyzed by the Center for Sexual Health Promotion at Indiana University in Bloomington.

The results, published Jan. 23 in the Journal of Sexual Medicine, indicated that all parties consistently graded protected sex as "highly arousing and pleasurable," according to an Indiana University news release about the study.

Center co-director Debby Herbenick said the findings defy long-held beliefs that condom-use makes sex less natural.

According to the news release, the study also found that men showed "no significant difference" in maintaining erections with or without condoms, and women couldn't tell whether a condom was lubricated or what material it's made from during the act.

The latter signifies that women need to become more familiar with the condoms their partners use so women can enhance their safety and sexual experience, Herbenick added.

Dr. Jill Rabin, chief of ambulatory care, obstetrics and gynecology at Long Island Jewish Medical Center, told HealthDay that condom criticism stemmed from "a macho thing."

But condom avoidance might also be attributed to comfort. For example, a recent study of gay men showed that the larger a man's penis is, the less likely he is to use a condom. Many respondents said they simply couldn't find the right fit.

As NBC points out, the Indiana University study was funded by Church & Dwight Co. Inc., the company behind Trojan condoms. However, Herbenick told the outlet that "the data is the data."

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the use of condoms reduces the risk of contracting and/or spreading sexually transmitted diseases and HIV.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/23/condom-sex-satisfying-indiana-university-study_n_2533849.html

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    shalmelo wrote: »

If you really loved him, you'd know that his first name is Walton.

Boyd Crowder is disappointed in you, EM.

EM wants his D, not his stationary!

• Options
    Newly unwrapped research suggests that sex with condoms is just as earth-shaking as sex au naturel, HealthDay News reports.

A cross-section of nearly 6,000 18- to 59-year-old Americans -- women, men, gay and straight -- revealed as much in data analyzed by the Center for Sexual Health Promotion at Indiana University in Bloomington.

The results, published Jan. 23 in the Journal of Sexual Medicine, indicated that all parties consistently graded protected sex as "highly arousing and pleasurable," according to an Indiana University news release about the study.

Center co-director Debby Herbenick said the findings defy long-held beliefs that condom-use makes sex less natural.

According to the news release, the study also found that men showed "no significant difference" in maintaining erections with or without condoms, and women couldn't tell whether a condom was lubricated or what material it's made from during the act.

The latter signifies that women need to become more familiar with the condoms their partners use so women can enhance their safety and sexual experience, Herbenick added.

Dr. Jill Rabin, chief of ambulatory care, obstetrics and gynecology at Long Island Jewish Medical Center, told HealthDay that condom criticism stemmed from "a macho thing."

But condom avoidance might also be attributed to comfort. For example, a recent study of gay men showed that the larger a man's penis is, the less likely he is to use a condom. Many respondents said they simply couldn't find the right fit.

As NBC points out, the Indiana University study was funded by Church & Dwight Co. Inc., the company behind Trojan condoms. However, Herbenick told the outlet that "the data is the data."

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the use of condoms reduces the risk of contracting and/or spreading sexually transmitted diseases and HIV.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/23/condom-sex-satisfying-indiana-university-study_n_2533849.html

*cough*BULLSHIT*cough*

• Options
    Alright [chat], :zzz:

• Options

*cough*BULLSHIT*cough*

C'mon, would Trojan condoms lie to you?

• Options
    FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular
    Queen should always be included in the [chat] intro.

Our compound will play the Highlander theme every morning, bright and early, 11am!

Dammit, I'm late. but I've been saying this forever.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular

I listened to this on repeat for over an hour last night

goddamn that is a fantastic trailer/music combo

• Options
    Wait, Fro, were you always here and I just wasn't paying attention? It feels like it's been forever since I've seen you.

• Options
    Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular
    Oh I forgot about the military experiment monster dude from season 4.

He was pretty evil and scary, and he certainly was pretty damn close to invincible, but he had an important distinction of being a monster that was the results of mans abuse of science. He wasn't some evil magic being reveling in his power and chaos, he was an intelligent Frankensteins monster run amok.

I couldn't hate him anything like I hated Glory or
    Angelus
    . His variety of evil felt much less personal.

What about the second-tier villains? Caleb, Faith, Dark Willow, or The First? I really like your insight into these characters. :)

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Options

*cough*BULLSHIT*cough*

C'mon, would Trojan condoms lie to you?

If I wasn't so tired I'd make a joke about Trojans spilling out of a wooden container and killing people as a result but I'm going to bed.

• Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    Good morning [chat].

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Everyone knows that the greatest Buffy villain was Sweet

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    I am pretty stoked about the RPG thing I am working on

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod

PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY
    PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY
    PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY
    PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY
    PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY
    PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY

• Options
    Fuck this. I'm gonna go get some almon chicken at the all night diner run by that filipino family with the really shitty service.

• Options
    The best Buffy villains were The Gentlemen.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Pony wrote: »
    I am pretty stoked about the RPG thing I am working on

I am stoked by the RPG thing I am working on too

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod

oh fuck it's this.

Goddamnit my miiiiind

i have been listening to this literally all day

probably 20 times

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    skippy fell asleep within 10 minutes of dredd and i had to keep waking him up

i really liked it though

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Shit, Kana, with that arsenal, I bet you're smoother than Don Draper in real life.

Don Draper has a much better set of guidelines

http://www.hulu.com/watch/40972

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Also, I think I'm ready to move back to Iowa. I don't like Texas. It's just big and ... shrug. It is no better than where I was before only I can't walk everywhere cool and I don't have seasons.

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    Also, I think I'm ready to move back to Iowa. I don't like Texas. It's just big and ... shrug. It is no better than where I was before only I can't walk everywhere cool and I don't have seasons.

Dude, Salt Lake City ;)

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    People who fall asleep during movies are the worst, yes I am talking to you, the person who fell asleep during Mulholland Dr. last night.

Of course one time a friend showed me Patton and I fell asleep during it so I can't really talk.

• Options
    hahahahahahahahahahahdaslfkadslkfja

hahahahahahadslfkgjalfkbjbslfjbjngas

brian, no.

• Options

Dude, Salt Lake City ;)

DONT DO IT

This discussion has been closed.