As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hedwig and the Angry [chat]

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    that's risk losing not as in, we might lose the war, but like, there might be a war which we will lose.

Our entire military at its largest during the cold war was intended to hold the russians for 24 hours. After that, we'd be out and not really... have a military anymore. If things went well.

Hey it could be worse. The West German Army basically served the same purpose but in theory significant parts of Germany would glow in the dark.

well

all the cold war era confrontations wound up being non-nuclear limited-escalation fights

the question "is the US really going to go to war if the Russians emphasize that they just really, really want a chunk of Finland" was never answered

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »
    I guess if I'm going to finish ME3, I get to start over on PC and get everything through Origin (Bleh).

Speaking of ME3, is there any timeline on when this might ever come to Steam? Or I am basically wishing for a pony at this point?

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    that's risk losing not as in, we might lose the war, but like, there might be a war which we will lose.

Our entire military at its largest during the cold war was intended to hold the russians for 24 hours. After that, we'd be out and not really... have a military anymore. If things went well.

Hey it could be worse. The West German Army basically served the same purpose but in theory significant parts of Germany would glow in the dark.

Yeah.

And defending germany is a lot harder than defending norway from the russians.

northern norway is like... the perfect terrain to have a defensive war in. With a bit of skill and luck a home guard troop can hold off battalions in the right spot.

and our navy makes it really hard not to have to drive here either because our tiny diesel submarines are fantastic for defense.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ronya wrote: »

well

all the cold war era confrontations wound up being non-nuclear limited-escalation fights

the question "is the US really going to go to war if the Russians emphasize that they just really, really want a chunk of Finland" was never answered

I wonder how that would have gone, for us.

Last time the russians wanted them some finland, the rest of scandinavia stayed neutral but there was volunteer soldiers aplenty.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    It's not ever gonna come to steam ... let that dream go. buy it in origin, you know it in your heart

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    tickle

so drunk 110% of the time

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    It's not ever gonna come to steam ... let that dream go. buy it in origin, you know it in your heart

But nooooo :(

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    FUCK I bought this awesome looking cream soda (diet) and it tastes like SHIT

FUCK SHIT is what I'm saying

waste of dollars and a letdown

might be time to pack it in. blow this popsicle stand. cash my last check.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKM-8lcBCvE&feature=youtu.be

oh neat, this is the first time this song ever got played live

Say Anything are definitely on the to see list

• Options
    oh yeah who the man I got a girl's number*

*although... doing so after sleeping with her makes getting a number less of a thing, I guess.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    FUCK I bought this awesome looking cream soda (diet) and it tastes like SHIT

FUCK SHIT is what I'm saying

waste of dollars and a letdown

might be time to pack it in. blow this popsicle stand. cash my last check.
    there's always money in the popsicle stand

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod

*although... doing so after sleeping with her makes getting a number less of a thing, I guess.

Nah it basically just makes you Sex Merlin.

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular

scandinavia.txt

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    It is pretty bad when you can ID every bourbon in a show set in Kentucky even when you only see the back of the bottle.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »

well

The containment strategy stuff had a half-assed hearts and minds aspect. While there was talk of nuking Vietnam, it wasn't going to happen. But all of the defense plans for Europe had the use of tactical nuclear weapons as a core part of their defense plan. From the Military size, the armed forces would have gone nuclear. Any other plan has Europe overrun before American reinforcements arrive. It's why the Tank Gap was considered to be a thing. Now if the civilian side would sign off on the use of nuclear weapons is up in the air.

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    It is pretty bad when you can ID every bourbon in a show set in Kentucky even when you only see the back of the bottle.

you misspelled "great"

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Shivahn wrote: »

I need a lenghty footnote explaining any and all pithy references today

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    muhfucking mexiwops, where's my sandwhich?!

i ain't eat in like three days!

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Shivahn wrote: »

I need a lenghty footnote explaining any and all pithy references today
    (once and future king)

• Options
    One motherfucker put Pappy 23 in his coffee

Goddamn savages

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    One motherfucker put Pappy 23 in his coffee

Goddamn savages

H-he should have poured the coffee out?

• Options
    edited January 2013
    <--- --merlin-- -- -- --
    -- -- --normal time-- ->

Eddy on
  • Options
    He should have waited for a decent hour and drunk it straight like a good Kentuckian citizen!

• Options
    An old lady gave me a bottle of Hine cognac yesterday. I love Hine like woah.

Too bad I had to give it to my buddy because I watch sports at his place and end up drinking most of his beers even when I bring a six pack.

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    It'll be interesting to see where this leads. She does seem to actually like me. And I think she is p alright as well. P alright.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

Yeah.

And defending germany is a lot harder than defending norway from the russians.

northern norway is like... the perfect terrain to have a defensive war in. With a bit of skill and luck a home guard troop can hold off battalions in the right spot.

and our navy makes it really hard not to have to drive here either because our tiny diesel submarines are fantastic for defense.

There were generally two major approaches into Germany that would have been defended. It's a shitty place for a defensive war. But taking Europe to France puts your government in a very awkward situation.

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    <--- --merlin-- -- -- --
    -- -- --normal time-- ->

I don't speak your secret wizard line talk.

• Options
    pull out and don't get married, if the last few pages of chat are any indication

• Options
    Also, I made a joycean level pun the other day and not a single person commented on it on facebook or twitter. I was supremely disappointed in my social circles.

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    It'll be interesting to see where this leads. She does seem to actually like me. And I think she is p alright as well. P alright.

A woman's taste is inexplicable

• Options
    <--- --merlin-- -- -- --
    -- -- --normal time-- ->

aaaaaaaaaaaah

of course

isn't it normal to be sad when you first meet someone, because it's the last time you're gonna see them?

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    <--- --merlin-- -- -- --
    -- -- --normal time-- ->

This is exactly what I was going for.

Merlin lives backwards, so for him you usually say good bye, have sex, get her number, meet her, then drive to the bar. Basically.

• Options
    Podly wrote: »
    Also, I made a joycean level pun the other day and not a single person commented on it on facebook or twitter. I was supremely disappointed in my social circles.
    post it here so that you may re-joyce in it

• Options
    <--- --merlin-- -- -- --
    -- -- --normal time-- ->

aaaaaaaaaaaah

of course

isn't it normal to be sad when you first meet someone, because it's the last time you're gonna see them?

Yep. Final goodbyes aren't sad at all, but meeting them is heartbreaking.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    G'damn, The Prisoner is a pretty special thing. Episode 2 was... interesting.

• Options
    Elendil wrote: »
    Podly wrote: »
    post it here so that you may re-joyce in it

i have simply flown to close to the sun

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options

A woman's taste is inexplicable

I am def going to stop thinking I understand them at all now because I didn't really see this happening until like... a couple days ago. So yeah.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    This Jewel of the Nile cocktail is disappointing

It just tastes like Chartreuse

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Aight aight aight.

Right now I got the AI for my Variable Breaker set to focusing on scanning for the enemy and accuracy over damage, using machine gun first and grenades second.

I am struggling with the current batch of fights, do I refine this some, or do I switch to focus on moving fast and damage over accuracy, using my sword first and everything else last?

Is it go big go home time?

This discussion has been closed.