As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Path of Exile: Diablo 2 2 (AND IT'S FUCKING FREE)

15678911»

• Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I am, on and off.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    probably

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    I think I'd probably be more into it if I had a group to run with. Maybe I'll give it another shot this weekend.

• Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    huh, neat
    A consequence of the item allocation changes is that if you're playing alone, the labels of valuable items that drop will appear for a few seconds even if you're not currently showing the item labels.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'm still playing mostly. Haven't partied yet with anyone from the forums though, which is too bad because pubby parties are just a vicious cutthroat world of ninja'ing drops

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    i am deffo playing again when the patch hits, because i'll have like ten characters to spec however i want

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    The big patch has dropped, free respecs for everyone wheee

also they nerfed ethereal knives just as I spent all day leveling up an ethereal knives spammer build noooo

and they actually added a goddamn looting system instead of free for all! Praise be!

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
    Passive skill tree build

Just monkeying around with the tree, is this the highest intelligence possible?

EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
    "Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    You could get another 20 int + 20 dex + 20% increased accuracy rating by getting that Versatility node on the left, but you need 6 more skill points.

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Discard Mana Flows; this saves you 8 points and loses 10 int. Then go down the Ranger side to pick up Primal Spirit (+20 Int) in 5 points. This leaves 3 points. Discard an isolated +10 Int node somewhere and use the 4 points to grab Deep Thoughts for +20 Int.

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    edited January 2014
    You can get yet another 10 by discarding the Hard Knocks +30 (and the nearby +10 node) altogether, and using the points to get the Strength/Int and Dex/Int +10s in the Scion area, and then Path of the Savant +20 by pathing in through the ES ball. That gives +40, same as the discarded +30/+10, but saves one point, which you can use to recover the isolated +10 Int node in the previous post.

To get to Wisdom of the Glade +30 (and its nearby +10 node), path down from the Ranger.

In total this gives 30 more int than the original build.

e: doh we missed Elemental Dominion +20 Int in the Witch area. It's one point for 20 Int. Dispense with another isolated +10 node and grab it.

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    So, uh, is there like a "Beginner's Guide to Not Being Totally Overwhelmed by the 1000 things in the Skill Grid"? Because I'm going to start playing this momentarily, and I cannot fathom what things I should click nor why they are important.

• Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    @Big Red Tie, is there another mass respec?

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    If its your first time through then the right thing to do is click the things that sound like things you want to do and worry about being optimal for a future character

though if somebody has a primer on any junk stats or the right amount of emphasis on defenses that would be good

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    @Big Red Tie, is there another mass respec?
    not since the game released iirc

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    About Diablo like games... Grim Dawn is radical.

• Options
    OgreSmasherOgreSmasher Registered User regular
    OP is possibly the greatest shill post of all time, 10/10 would read again

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    I'm like level 14 and I'm loving the hell out of this game.

• Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    Installed this. I'm on the fence right now, but I'm still a lowbie Templar. We'll see how it goes.

• Options
    El GuacoEl Guaco Registered User regular
    So I picked this up to play while I was waiting for the release of D3:RoS.

I really wanted to like it but, man, what a hot mess this game is. It makes you appreciate the polish of D3 no matter its flaws.

Just the lack of some kind of tutorial mode is enough to scare away even a hardcore gamer like myself. So many options and choices, but little of it is explained. Basic game mechanics are learned by trial and error (mostly error).

The visuals are probably what gamers wanted when D3 was still in preview. There are no rainbows, but I can't see shit half the time because all the colors blend together. I finished fighting a group of skeletons in a field in broad daylight and I was still getting shot with an arrow. I had to hover my mouse around the screen to finally highlight a well camouflaged skeleton next to a boulder. I suddenly appreciate D3's color scheme a lot more. And the little things in the UI like being able to shift click to move/sell/craft things was missing here. Little conveniences I take for granted in D3 seemed like glaring omissions in this game. It was especially painful in their barter system. Having to approve every sale was tedious and didn't add to gameplay.

All that I can look past, but the worst part of this game that made me quit is that *EVERY FUCKING CLICK* is refereed by the server. You cannot even move items in your inventory without the server making sure it's OK. This might be OK if the server or network were up to the challenge. I have FIOS and I was getting mult-second lag for just about every action at times. I would click and count to 3 before something happened. Which made combat bloody difficult, and inventory management a nightmare. I just don't see how anyone could find this acceptable in this era of modern gaming. I can have <50ms lag on a 64 player FPS, but I have to wait 3+ seconds between actions in an ARPG? Ridiculous.

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    If you want an invite to the PA guild, send HeffClaw a friend request and I'll get you hooked up.

You can mass-move items using "ctrl" rather than "shift". Consumables (e.g. wisdom scrolls) are mass used with "shift". You can mass load items for sale and just have to click ok once.

Keep in mind, development on this game is crowd sourced, and started in 2006. It's a small team working on it, not a huge company like Blizzard.

I'm sorry you're stuck with Verizon FiOS. I hear tons of people complaining about latency issues with it and various games/services (i/e Netflix). I don't think any internet based game with a 3000ms ping due to your ISP is going to be fun.

• Options
    I've had lag in poe but not 3 seconds bad

at high traffic hours there's sometimes half a second delay on everything including inventory management, which is still too much, considering the amount of orbs and gems to move around

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    Read this

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/01/17/grim-dawn-review/

Going to keep puling for this game because it's really fun.

• Options
    i would totally play that game once it's out or in beta

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I looked at Grim Dawn, but right now it's in Alpha without alot of content. I will be picking up later when it's got more playability.

• Options
    i would totally play that game once it's out or in beta

Yeah totally.

I jumped in on the alpha and it's super fun even with only the first chapter.