As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Why dost thou spiteth me

kelkittykelkitty Registered User new member
edited March 2007 in PAX Archive
Why, why oh why does PAX always have to be like the first week of college classes. Three weeks, two weeks, one week earlier and I would be able to make passage but no, you force my hand.

:(

Has there ever been thought of shifting the dates a wee bit more summerside for 2008? Are you actually trying to keep the college kids out? Because I mean that's somewhat understandable, however cruel it may be.

kelkitty on

• Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Actually... I've never had a problem with PAX before. Our semester doesn't start until Sept 5th. And that little school down the road from us ( by little I mean a Big Ten school) is also starting that week. So I have no clue why your school is starting so early... but you should talk to them about it.

Side note: If it was put earlier in the summer... it would cost more to do. Hotels wouldn't need much incentive to fill rooms because everybody is on their summer vacation, Gas Prices are normally their highest all year during July and Early August. And when Gas Prices are Higher, that means Airlines charge more for plane tickets.... so I'd say thank your lucky stars it isn't earlier in the year.

Besides... it's the first week of classes... what are you going to miss? The fact that the teacher hands out a syllabus, and then tells you to go buy a bunch of books that cost as much as minor surgery?

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Sometimes the first class means if you are in that class or not if its a full class. First impressions are important.

Viscountalpha on
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2007
    Fly out Friday night and leave late Sunday(or early, if it takes forever to get home) so you're back in time for class on Monday. Or if you don't have class on Friday, fly out Thursday night.

I don't see what's so hard. Unless you have weekend classes or something.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • BuraisuBuraisu Psychomancer Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2011

Buraisu on
    47uk6agplx83.png
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Most colleges start after labor day weekend anyway...

What kind of nazi school do you go to that starts before that?

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • teamquigganteamquiggan Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Myself and Chizzer's does, but we are in Videogame Development, so missing classes to attend videogame related expos and conventions are not just not frowned upon, but encouraged.

teamquiggan on
  • LindygamerLindygamer Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    God made school start for you at the same time as PAX so that you will work hard to attend both. God is doing almost the same thing to me this year with PAX and another convention in early august. Im started saving money for both a month ago and hoping it will be enough...

As for school starting early, damn that sucks. I went to a UC and we didnt start til the end of September.

Lindygamer on
    The opinions I don't have are the opinions I don't got.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Myself and Chizzer's does, but we are in Videogame Development, so missing classes to attend videogame related expos and conventions are not just not frowned upon, but encouraged.

yeah dude! you should get extra credit for pax!

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited March 2007
    Actually, I'm in the hopes that PAX stays in the 4th weekend of August and doesn't get pushed to the 5th next year. I checked my school's calendar and we start classes August 25, 2008 (26th for me and my Tuesday/Thursday classes, but still). So here's hoping on that one.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• DondumsDondums Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Classes at my university start on the 27th.
    Maybe I can put all my classes on Tuesday/Thursdays. .. maybe.

Dondums on
    internet
    edited March 2007
    I do it every year so I don't have to miss more than the first class and two days of work with the CCST

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I'm pretty sure UW loves PAX, because classes don't start until the very end of September. I like having a month to recover, especially since, by all accounts, the population of Wyoming will be descending upon the WSTCC this year.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • kelkittykelkitty Registered User new member
    edited March 2007
    Bah. I don't want to go and miss out on most of Friday and Sunday :( That's more money for less oomph!

I'm a Gamecock, we start the 23rd, just in time to screw me out of an easy PAX passage. Though I guess you guys are right, I mean if I just miss Friday that's not so bad and I could leave late Sunday and drive home in time for Monday morning classes (before I promptly pass out), I'd wager the only thing in my way would be an angry father. Oh and money, but that's what jobs are for right? Paying off loans is for nublets :D

Well in that case, anybody have floor space for a lovely lady gamer and one or two of her XY friends? And/or a ride from the airport ^_____^

kelkitty on
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2007
    I have to miss the first day of PAX because of a business trip to Georgia.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
    edited March 2007
    kelkitty wrote: »
    Bah. I don't want to go and miss out on most of Friday and Sunday :( That's more money for less oomph!

I'm a Gamecock, we start the 23rd, just in time to screw me out of an easy PAX passage. Though I guess you guys are right, I mean if I just miss Friday that's not so bad and I could leave late Sunday and drive home in time for Monday morning classes (before I promptly pass out), I'd wager the only thing in my way would be an angry father. Oh and money, but that's what jobs are for right? Paying off loans is for nublets :D

Well in that case, anybody have floor space for a lovely lady gamer and one or two of her XY friends? And/or a ride from the airport ^_____^

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=14864

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=14865

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• kelkittykelkitty Registered User new member
    edited March 2007
    bitchin, thanks.

kelkitty on
This discussion has been closed.