As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

People who annoy you

• Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    the my little pony and homestuck fandoms

big two comic book fandoms, not necessarily the creators. i cant stand c.b. cebulski at all

twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    In Chicago, people will honk at you if you don't start moving .2 seconds after the light turns green.

• Options
    tuggatugga Makin' movies Makin' songsRegistered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    Zek wrote: »
    Also, people who use bathrooms that are not me. Dude, you're fucking gross.

I will not #2 in any public restroom. Ever.

The King Of All Poops could be on it's way and I will mentally shut that motherfucker down until I can make it home.

I've been scarred by some very disturbing NYC subway toilets.

You realize pooping in public bathrooms is a thing right

Like Wednesday morning between classes I had to shit something fierce

And between classes the bathroom was pretty crowded

Turns out it was all talk. Like my ass held some solid notes that would impress professional trumpet players

Then i get to look at all these people in the eye

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    I get annoyed with people who expect you to get out of their way in the grocery store aisles.

Which is everyone.

You should get mad at the grocery stores for making their aisles so fucking small.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    People who walk into the store, spray themselves with the AXE and then walk out without buying anything.

• Options
    i like old people who take principled stands. unless its like "the south will rise again"

twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    tuggatugga Makin' movies Makin' songsRegistered User regular
    Public bathroom are literally the only place where its completely accepted by all people to just let one rip

Walk 10-15 ft away from the stall to the hallway then you're guaranteed to offend at least one person

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    People who walk into the store, spray themselves with the AXE and then walk out without buying anything.

I'm glad I've never seen that.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Maximum wrote: »
    I get annoyed with people who expect you to get out of their way in the grocery store aisles.

Which is everyone.

You should get mad at the grocery stores for making their aisles so fucking small.

I dunno I'm also weird in that I always get out of everyone's way and let people pass before the even say excuse me.

It's a habit from the school hallways where people just wouldn't pay attention long enough to avoid walking into me so I had to learn to dodge them.

• Options
    mightyjongyomightyjongyo Sour Crrm East Bay, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Enc wrote: »
    Elbasunu wrote: »
    JayKaos wrote: »
    Pretty much everyone who honks their car horn ever. I mean I'm sure there are legitimate times to do it but whenever I see someone doing it it's just annoying to everyone around them and accomplishes nothing - oh, you want to get going? So do the other dozen cars stopped between you and the light/whatever obstruction is holding up traffic.

Acceptable honk: The car in front of you obviously has not noticed the light is green. 3-4 seconds before honk is acceptable.

Unnaceptable honk: Geese.

Most times I use my horn are when people are too busy texting to notice the light has changed a rotation ago/stop from drifting more than a foot into the lane I'm presently occupying space in, etc.

The horn is there to make people pay attention to driving. There is a time and a place to use it.

I have on occasion used it to voice my immense irritation towards people who get over into merge lanes to get 1 spot further in traffic. Or people who speed up, getting in my blind spot, so that they can merge ahead of me instead. Goddamn just wait your turn.

Basically I am that person who honks at silly things :oops:

• Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    mrt144 wrote: »
    People who constantly post updates about what they're doing on facebook.

"going to the gym today"
    "just got back from the gym"
    "day 2 of gym"
    "so tired after my gym workout but i have this pizza to keep me company"

shut up, nobody fucking cares if you're going to the gym, everyone else who's doing it just does it and doesn't need to post about it on facebook to try and gets likes and comments

you have to reply "do you even lift bro"

I would but I've hidden his dumb updates

this guy turned around and said to my friends and I during a conversation about lifting that "anybody can deadlift their own bodyweight"

we asked him to prove that logic to us if it's so easy but he never got around to showing us his 140kg deadlifts

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    monsterror wrote: »
    People who blast through Yield signs without bothering to check traffic are low as a snake

This, but when I am on a bicycle.

I seriously hate it when people do this and turn right through a bike lane without seeing if they're going to hit a cyclist. There's even signs saying to yield to cyclists!

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    TheStig wrote: »

I'm glad I've never seen that.

My mom told me about when she saw a woman do that the other day.

In front of her and another lady.

In fact she apparently sprayed and sniffed like three different ones before settling on AXE.

I've had a friend do it once when I was in middile school... But he was also a shoplifter.

Oh also Shoplifters annoy the hell out of me.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    whoever got the idea for kingdom hearts

• Options
    I hate that guy in public restrooms.

Standing at the urinal. One hand high up on the wall for some reason. Ripping farts while he pees, and moaning "ahhhhhhhhhhhhh".

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Where is the proper place for farts if not the bathroom

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Farts in the bathroom are cool, it's that whole combo that's annoying.

mcp on
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Yeah, bathrooms are a free fart zone.

The "hand high up on the wall and moaning" thing can go, though.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    mcp wrote: »
    I hate that guy in public restrooms.

Standing at the urinal. One hand high up on the wall for some reason. Ripping farts while he pees, and moaning "ahhhhhhhhhhhhh".

There's one guy here that continuously hocks loogies and spits them in the urinal whilst he's pissing.

It skeeves me out.

• Options
    like, I don't even know how people fart when they pee.

I've had to do that before, and it feels like I'm going to shit my pants so I err on the side of caution.

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    Anjin-San wrote: »
    whoever got the idea for kingdom hearts

look you've always been suspect

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    monsterrormonsterror HEY ASSBUTT Registered User regular
    Also, I am immensely annoyed by joggers in the middle of my bike lane, coming at me.

Or people who park on bike lanes.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I put my hand on the wall and do the grunting thing. Taking a piss just feels really good sometimes, don't begrudge a dude his simple pleasures.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    like, I don't even know how people fart when they pee.

I've had to do that before, and it feels like I'm going to shit my pants so I err on the side of caution.

most of the time i have the confidence to just blast ass while i'm in the whizz palace

but sometimes

sometimes a little something extra creeps out

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    Look, all I'm saying is that I get annoyed by a lot of things when I am on my bicycle

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    My wife is watching Grey's Anatomy.

These characters. Every one of them. That's who annoys me. What a shitty show this is.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    Darmak wrote: »
    I put my hand on the wall and do the grunting thing. Taking a piss just feels really good sometimes, don't begrudge a dude his simple pleasures.
    Why the hand on the wall

What is the purpose

• Options
    mightyjongyomightyjongyo Sour Crrm East Bay, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    it's for support, man. don't want to lose yourself in the moment so much that you fall facefirst into the urinal.

• Options
    Why the hand on the wall

What is the purpose

Sometimes you lose your balance out of sheer feelgoodfeelings

• Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    I am annoyed by this guy arguing that there is no difference between genders

The context is a conversation about strong female characters in speculative fiction

I say that yes, there is a difference, physically speaking, but how that plays out is often more dependent on culture

NO IT'S ALL FABRICATED PEOPLE ARE THE SAME

Tell me about your menstrual cycle, fella

CULTURE MAKES WOMEN UNCLEAN DURING THE MENSTRUAL CYCLE, NOT THE ACT ITSELF

PMS IS EXAGGERATED FOR MALE DOMINANCE

• Options
    If you lack the ability to pee without falling over, you should be sterilized.

What the hell guys.

• Options

Can I ask why?

I understand the pleasure of pissing now and then. I've just never felt the need to physically express it. Is it an involuntary thing?

• Options

Can I ask why?

I understand the pleasure of pissing now and then. I've just never felt the need to physically express it. Is it an involuntary thing?

I just grunt or moan a little when I experience something pleasurable. It's not like I plan on going in there and just creeping everyone out all Moaning Myrtle style or anything.

And the hand on the wall holds me up while I relax other muscles. I don't know, it's just a thing I started doing sometimes. I can't do it at all right now because of a broken sternum.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    My wife is watching Grey's Anatomy.

These characters. Every one of them. That's who annoys me. What a shitty show this is.

Not only are they horrible people, they all appear to be terrible doctors and overall complete idiots.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options

Can I ask why?

I just grunt or moan a little when I experience something pleasurable. It's not like I plan on going in there and just creeping everyone out all Moaning Myrtle style or anything.

And the hand on the wall holds me up while I relax other muscles. I don't know, it's just a thing I started doing sometimes. I can't do it at all right now because of a broken sternum.

Fair enough.

I'd always assumed the grunting was a sign of pain, not pleasure, so this is good to know.

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Larlar wrote: »
    Zek wrote: »
    Also, people who use bathrooms that are not me. Dude, you're fucking gross.

One of these days I'm going to call out the nth guy I see not wash his hands. Then I'll have a story about how I got beat up in a public bathroom.

The worst part about this is that his hands will still be unwashed as he's beating you.

• Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    man some of you are really hung up on how other people go to the bathroom

who annoys me is the lady who arrived lifetimes after another car and I arrived at a stop sign.
    me and the other car do the hesitate and wave thing, but even though I waved them on first, once they wave me I start to go because I ain't no pussy
    and the lady who arrived late some how thinks we were waving her on?

so she almost t-bones me.

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    I am the guy who takes the middle of three urinals and ruins the buffer zone for anyone who might follow

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    I am the guy who takes the middle of three urinals and ruins the buffer zone for anyone who might follow

I do too, just to make people feel uncomfortable.

Especially with me moaning

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    FavlaudFavlaud just straight up awful Registered User regular
    i guess i've never understood why people get shy about their functions in a public restroom

that's the entire point of the room, that is why it exists

if i have some gaseous blockage while i'm sitting on the john i don't give a rat's hooey if anyone else is in there with me i'm gonna let that sucker rip

also i'm so tall that when i stand up, my shoulders are about the same level as the walls of the stall

people give me weird looks when i'm pullin up my drawers

This discussion has been closed.