As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

WHO IS THE BEST GIANT BOMBER?

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Vann Diras wrote: »
    captaink wrote: »
    well i came in during the killzone presentation so i missed any of the actual system-level feature stuff but

yeah that was good

i liked what i saw there

The system level stuff was some of the more impressive bits.

i know they showed the share button, hoping a video of that section goes up

I'm sure GB will archive their video, and they said the main Sony stream is going to replay soon.

• Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    Patrick Klepek
    Mr. G wrote: »
    The weirdest thing about Watch_Dogs is how much of it takes place on streets I'm very familiar with. It's just past the uncanny valley.

"did that dude just ride away on the top of the fucking Green Line?"

I was looking, I think it was the Red line

"Oh shit, this is going to the South Side. Should have bought some body armor."

If it was the Green Line, Mr. Watchford T. Dogs would've been in serious trouble

It's actually the purple line. There's a sidequest to shoplift things from art stores.

god i love chicago

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Patrick Klepek
    Ultimately this conference was for me about the hardware and features of PS4, not about the games. I thought they did a good job with that. Microsoft has a lot to live up for as far as that goes.

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Vinny Caravella
    august wrote: »
    The Square-Enix thing was mind-blowing. It's like they got up in front of the class and had to admit they hadn't finish their homework.

IN CONCLUSION I GIVE THE PLAYSTATION FOUR A SCORE OF 9/10

sig.gif
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Jeff Gerstmann
    Here, let me predict the next Microsoft press conference for you.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Drew Scanlon
    I really enjoyed inFamous 1 and 2, so I am totally down for another one.

Especially with the improved particle physics and shaders that PS4 has.

The powers should look phenomenal.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    stilts I appreciate that you correctly spell it inFamous

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    Vinny Caravella
    well i came in during the killzone presentation so i missed any of the actual system-level feature stuff but

yeah that was good

i liked what i saw there

The system level stuff was some of the more impressive bits.

i know they showed the share button, hoping a video of that section goes up

I'm sure GB will archive their video, and they said the main Sony stream is going to replay soon.

true, i'll probably just rewatch the giant bomb stream

but yeah, pretty much i expected nothing from this presentation, and instead i got several games that look pretty good! a few were things like watch dogs which i already knew i totally wanted, but still

enjoyed it

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    Brad Shoemaker
    Here, let me predict the next Microsoft press conference for you.

also a new mass effect game! yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Jeff Gerstmann
    The weirdest thing about Watch_Dogs is how much of it takes place on streets I'm very familiar with. It's just past the uncanny valley.

If it was the Green Line, Mr. Watchford T. Dogs would've been in serious trouble

It's actually the purple line. There's a sidequest to shoplift things from art stores.

god i love chicago

The most videogame thing they won't have to change is the vista you get when you arrive off the red line to Chinatown.

You just walk out onto the platform and it looks like concept art.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Drew Scanlon
    Dichotomy wrote: »

I wouldn't bother if I didn't care about it as much as I do.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Vinny Caravella
    I think that touchpad could be useful

Flip through the store interface, iOS-like

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Patrick Klepek
    Also was that stuff about GDDR5 talking about the actual memory of the system or was Will Smith and the entire GB crew just misunderstanding the situation and they were just talking about the regular old GDDR5 in video cards. Because if its the latter then that isn't anything special. Practically every video card has GDDR5 now and has for years.

• Options
    Patrick Klepek

god i love chicago

The most videogame thing they won't have to change is the vista you get when you arrive off the red line to Chinatown.

YUP

i hope the Loop is just as confusing for newbies in-game as it was for me when i first went to chicago

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Vinny Caravella
    Mike Nelson is cracking PS4 jokes on Twitter and everything is upside down now

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    Patrick Klepek
    I hope knack is a real cheesy 3d platformer

• Options
    Vinny Caravella
    but the loop in chicago is really easy to understand

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Vinny Caravella

god i love chicago

YUP

i hope the Loop is just as confusing for newbies in-game as it was for me when i first went to chicago

The Loop was never confusing to me. Maybe I'm in the minority.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    Jeff Gerstmann

In concept.

When you're in the middle of it in a part you only ever see out the side of a train window and you walk out of a store and every side is buildings with a train track wrapping around it it is super confusing.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Patrick Klepek
    Stilts wrote: »

But

Go start up your copy right now

It's inFAMOUS

Whatever

Fuckin'

It's Infamous

And for that matter, it's Watch Dogs, people took that one underscore and ran with it

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Drew Scanlon
    I'm with Vinny, this was good. Can't talk for all you Vinny-haters out there...

The predictive download actually sounds like something that could work really well with the fact that you can play games while downloading them. Means that the PS4 doesn't have to hog bandwidth to download every 8GB game that it thinks you might like, it just needs to download enough of it so you can start playing instantly while the rest downloads in the background.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Drew Scanlon
    Stilts wrote: »

But

Go start up your copy right now

It's inFAMOUS

Whatever

Fuckin'

It's Infamous

And for that matter, it's Watch Dogs, people took that one underscore and ran with it

Which is why I never get on anybody's case for typing Infamous.

So...what's the problem here?

EDIT: Oh, I see, you thought by "it" I mean "spelling." I actually meant "the game."

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Patrick Klepek
    No problem

It's just weird that you adopted a capitalization for it I've never seen elsewhere

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Vinny Caravella
    Vow I can't join you on the infamous train

I hated - HATED - pretty much everything about infamous

From the dumb meathead protagonist to the most insufferable side character I have ever experienced in any game (fuck you forever Zeke), the gameplay was repetitive as all hell, the enemies were dull to fight and the moral choices were laughable at best

The killzone demo interested me a hundred times more and I have very little interest in killzone

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    Vinny Caravella
    Really need a disagree button.

• Options
    Vinny Caravella

In concept.

When you're in the middle of it in a part you only ever see out the side of a train window and you walk out of a store and every side is buildings with a train track wrapping around it it is super confusing.

i don't even live in chicago, but aside from my first visit where i'd never used public transit before at all

i get around really easily on the L every time i visit

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Vinny Caravella
    I thought that was really good and I say that as someone who was expecting by default to probably choosing the microsoft console at least at first.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    Also was that stuff about GDDR5 talking about the actual memory of the system or was Will Smith and the entire GB crew just misunderstanding the situation and they were just talking about the regular old GDDR5 in video cards. Because if its the latter then that isn't anything special. Practically every video card has GDDR5 now and has for years.

it has 8gb of gddr5 system memory, its gpu is the 2 teraflop/s thing or something

• Options
    Jeff Gerstmann

In concept.

i don't even live in chicago, but aside from my first visit where i'd never used public transit before at all

Again, yeah, in a train. You'd have to be a total dumbass not to figure out how a train going in a circle works.

On foot it's a different story until you learn to find Millennium Park or something to orient yourself.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Brad Shoemaker
    Zandracon wrote: »

it has 8gb of gddr5 system memory, its gpu is the 2 teraflop/s thing or something

That's nuts, GDDR5 is not cheap.

I mean, awesome yeah, but money

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    Vinny Caravella

In concept.

Again, yeah, in a train. You'd have to be a total dumbass not to figure out how a train going in a circle works.

On foot it's a different story until you learn to find Millennium Park or something to orient yourself.

i don't know what you mean by on foot? like finding platforms or

• Options
    Patrick Klepek
    yeah, navigating the Loop on foot can be sorta brain-twisting at first if you're not familiar with it

getting around on the L itself is easy as hell, i love chicago trains

• Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    Vinny Caravella
    Huntera wrote: »
    @Pharezon you motherfucker your avatar has ruined the destiny logo for me forever.

Vs0RS9u.gif

jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    trains are super cool, i look forward to riding them in watch dogs

choo choo

• Options
    Jeff Gerstmann

In concept.

i don't know what you mean by on foot? like finding platforms or

Walking?

Like...with your legs.

The loop is actually large enough to get lost in that way if you're not familiar with it is the point of this protracted land battle of a conversation.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Patrick Klepek
    Zandracon wrote: »

That's nuts, GDDR5 is not cheap.

I mean, awesome yeah, but money

For contrast, the new Titan nvidia card is $1000 and has 6 gb of GDDR5

now a whole hell of a lot more goes into a video card than just its memory but still

• Options
    Patrick Klepek
    trains are rad

chicago is rad

i still hold that every city in the world should be urban-planned within an inch of its life the way manhattan is, but hey

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Drew Scanlon
    Pharezon wrote: »
    Huntera wrote: »
    @Pharezon you motherfucker your avatar has ruined the destiny logo for me forever.

Vs0RS9u.gif

way to steal squall's work for dich

• Options
    Jeff Gerstmann
    I hope Watch_Dogs has a bit in it where you have to interrupt your cell phone conversation with Anya or Master Miller or whatever because you can't hear them over FUCKING TRAINS.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    Vinny Caravella
    I hope Watch_Dogs has a bit in it where you have to interrupt your cell phone conversation with Anya or Master Miller or whatever because you can't hear them over FUCKING TRAINS.
    Watch Dogs will have a section where dude loses his phone signal just when shit get nuts.