As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PA Comic] Friday, February 22, 2013 - Augurism

GethGeth LegionPerseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
edited February 2013 in The Penny Arcade Hub

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Hey now, we haven't seen the console itself yet.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I haven't fully grasped the social sharing stuff.

Social sharing is a good thing, we all love social sharing of our games. But the stuff they built in doesn't seem like what I want, it just seems like "Hey, we need some social stuff, that'll do."

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    No butts? Preorder cancelled.

• Options
    kingworkskingworks Registered User regular
    jothki wrote: »
    Hey now, we haven't seen the console itself yet.
    Gotta stick that second chip somewhere ...

• Options
    Dirk2112Dirk2112 Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    I haven't fully grasped the social sharing stuff.

I don't understand it at all. I have no desire to watch my friends play games. I barely have enough time to play games myself.

NNID = Zepp914
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    All I want out of PS4 is an operating system that allows for multiple profiles to be logged in at once. An operating system with a party chat feature. An operating system that doesn't lag up my entire system when I press the PS button. That's all I want. Everything else is gravy.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    All I want out of PS4 is an operating system that allows for multiple profiles to be logged in at once. An operating system with a party chat feature. An operating system that doesn't lag up my entire system when I press the PS button. That's all I want. Everything else is gravy.

Also, decent download speeds.

And at least two butts, a shoulder and a minimum of 5 and a half nipples.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Well... two butts is a given. This is 2013. Every console should have two butts.

• Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    Why should they? I mean, modern dual channel butt technology is hardly new, PCs have had them for years.

• Options
    With Sony, they won't be butts. They'll be Buttz, and they'll have to add rumble later.

• Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    More of a boob man myself, so no butts is not a deal breaker.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    Shakes999Shakes999 Registered User regular
    I hate to be the Debbie Downer, but if you think "Deep Down" was anything but pre-rendered video I have some swamp land to sell you. That UI bar in the bottom left doesn't mean dick. Infact, if anything it looks like heavily disguised QTE b.s.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    you don't get the second butt unless you buy the "elite" version

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    GammarahGammarah Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Will said Buttz have backward compatibility?

Gammarah on
  • Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    The butts will be streaming

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CandymancerCandymancer Registered User regular
    I'm all for them taking out the butts. That leaves room to add more penises.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    I find Tycho's quote funny. He didn't expect Sony to rip off the successful ideas of their competitors? That's like.. the definition of Sony :P

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    SmoogySmoogy Registered User regular
    Shakes999 wrote: »
    I hate to be the Debbie Downer, but if you think "Deep Down" was anything but pre-rendered video I have some swamp land to sell you. That UI bar in the bottom left doesn't mean dick. Infact, if anything it looks like heavily disguised QTE b.s.

This man speaks truth

Smoogy-1689
    3DS Friend Code: 1821-8991-4141
    PAD ID: 376,540,262

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    How would butts - let alone two of them - work in tandem with the touch pad?

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Now I can't help but wonder what exactly constitutes a butt. Is it just two cheeks and a hole? That doesn't seem right, presumably if you had some sort of buttcheek cancer and had to have one or both surgically removed, you'd still have a butt.

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    How would butts - let alone two of them - work in tandem with the touch pad?
    /poke

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ori KleinOri Klein Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    As a PC Gamer, I find that presentation laughable (but then again, they mostly were always like that).
    Sony provided nothing that is mind blowing or really new. The graphics there at best matches The Witcher 2.
    Did they not already done something similar in the past? Whereas they had that kid who rides a dragon featuring "cutting edge graphics" and the game ended up being a lackluster QTE and boring gameplay?

Frank Gibeau has said: "Yesterday Sony unveiled the PlayStation 4, signaling that after seven years, gamers will be treated to a massive leap in technology, creativity and fun."
    To me that reads: Sony took 7 years to create a PlayStation that is catching up to what the PC could've already done...and has already surpassed in leaps and bounds since...maybe PlayStation 5?
    As for that new PlayStation treating gamers to a massive leap in creativity and fun? Allow me to just call shenanigans right there. That statement is wrong on so many levels.

Ori Klein on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Pc elitists are the worst

• Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    I love my PC. I also can't wait to buy a PS5. I'm just a big 'ole technology whore.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    ShatterShockShatterShock Registered User regular
    All the PC power in the world doesn't mean anything when games are designed with console specs in mind.

• Options
    Gammarah wrote: »

Only till the first patch.

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Gammarah wrote: »

Only till the first patch.

Yeah, they'll plug that hole pretty quickly.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    Pc elitists are the worst

Tube, everyone knows that if you haven't played any early DOS-era computer games you don't even know what a video game is.