As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NHL] Thread; Wearing Adam Pardy's Helmet

• Options
    saint2esaint2e Registered User regular
    Sharp101 wrote: »
    8.25/yr is crazy.

My dreams, as a Leaf fan, are shattered.

Kadri for new #1 Centre next year!

banner_160x60_01.gif
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    nevermind

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    OSUJumpManOSUJumpMan Registered User regular
    well how about the Jackets!?
    OK, we won a game yesterday. If we win today, it's called "two in a row". And if we win again tomorrow, it's called a "winning streak"... It has happened before!

Bobrovsky has better stats this season than Bryz. Thank you, Philly.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    OSUJumpMan wrote: »
    well how about the Jackets!?
    OK, we won a game yesterday. If we win today, it's called "two in a row". And if we win again tomorrow, it's called a "winning streak"... It has happened before!

Bobrovsky has better stats this season than Bryz. Thank you, Philly.

Columbus is closer in points to third in the conference than Chicago is to 2nd

• Options
    CleonicusCleonicus Registered User regular
    Wow, that seems a like a lot for his on ice performance. Maybe there are off ice factors that contribute to the high pay.

Debate 'n' DeHockey team: Astronauts
  • Options
    JeanJean Heartbroken papa bear Gatineau, QuébecRegistered User regular
    The only guy I'd pay 8.25 for is Crosby. The Ducks are gonna regret this one if his play regress in the later years of the contract!

"You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
  • Options
    JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I know Anaheim has a fair amount of space left, but after throwing that much money at Getzlaf, do they try and shop Perry now? They got matching contracts last time and Perry could probably argue for the same again.

• Options
    CleonicusCleonicus Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Cap Geek says they have 19.4M in space left for next year. In addition to Perry, they still have Selanne and Koivu left to sign, if they want to comeback. They'll need to sign at least one veteran top-6 forward if either, or both, of them retire. Any other vacancies they have can be filled in by a number of good two-way players that they have. But many of them are also up for renewal this year.

Their D is pretty set. Lydman and Lovejoy are up for renewal. Lydman was stellar two years ago, but turned to crap that following off-season. Lovejoy has done well this year, and it'd be great to keep him around. And again, the Ducks have two or three two-way players that could step up to if they both should leave.

Edit: Selanne's age is finally starting to show, especially during the second game of back-to-back road games so I'm not sure if he will be back next year. Koivu has been doing well on the third line this year, without Selanne, so I'm hoping that'll he'll resign for another year or two. And I'm hoping they let Lydman go, or sign him for less than his current 3M.

Cleonicus on
    Debate 'n' DeHockey team: Astronauts
  • Options
    Selanne is a beast. I wouldn't be surprised if he played even longer than Chelios did. Glad to hear Saku is doing well too, Habs should had never let him go...

"You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
  • Options
    "Let's go Hawks!" chants. Had to remind myself the game is actually in Denver.

• Options
    Ducks are a budget team. Their 19m in cap space doesn't mean much, when they are trying to avoid paying even 15m for the next season.

• Options
    DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Jayricho wrote: »
    "Let's go Hawks!" chants. Had to remind myself the game is actually in Denver.

Don't worry, I think the crowd remembered. 4 unanswered goals will do that.

• Options
    edited March 2013
    O'Reilly finally scores in the right net. 4-1 Avs. 1st time his season the Hawks have been down 3.

Edit: 5-1 Avs. 4 points for Duchene so far.

Jayricho on
  • Options
    BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    Jayricho wrote: »
    O'Reilly finally scores in the right net. 4-1 Avs. 1st time his season the Hawks have been down 3.

Make that down by 4.

• Options
    Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    Do not fuck this up, Colorado. Please.

• Options
    DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    I've gotta say, I'm amazed they didn't pull Crawford. 5 unanswered on 17 total shots isn't great...

• Options
    Wow. That scrum in front of the net was wild. Laughed hard at the look O'Brien gave Johnson as he got back on the bench.

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    I give Chicago credit, you can tell they want to keep the streak going. They're really pushing to get back into it, and both teams are hitting like it's a playoff game.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    That's gotta be the best effort I've seen from the Avs all year, and a great time to do it too. Loved the "END THE STREAK!!" chant.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    http://www.sportsclubstats.com/2012-2013-realign/NHL.html

Sports Club Stats has been running their sims under the new alignments, so you can see standings in each division (left column), as well as odds to make the playoffs/win the cup/etc.

• Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    quovadis13 wrote: »
    Chicago is halfway through their season and haven't lost in regulation. That logically means that for the second half of the season they shouldn't win a game in regulation, right?

So far, so good with this prediction....

• Options
    Jragghen wrote: »

Sports Club Stats has been running their sims under the new alignments, so you can see standings in each division (left column), as well as odds to make the playoffs/win the cup/etc.

I've never understood anything on that website.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    Jragghen wrote: »

I've never understood anything on that website.

Think of it as a less-solid 538 for sports.

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/WhatIsThis.html
    It knows the season schedule and scores for past games. As games are played it grabs the new scores from the internet (or gets scores sent in from fans) and simulates the rest of the season by randomly picking scores for each remaining game. The weighted method takes the opponents record and home field advantage into account when randomly picking scores, so the better team is more likely to win. The 50/50 method gives each opponent an equal chance of winning (or tying if the sport allows it) each game. When it’s finished "playing" all the remaining games it applies the league’s tie breaking rules to see where everyone finished. It repeats this random playing out of the season million of times, keeping track of how many "seasons" each team finishes where. Finally it updates the site with the new results for you to read with your morning coffee.

So you can hover over any of the % numbers to see what the results were which got to that result.

It's just a silly little source of amusement, really.

• Options
    Could this be the beggining of a Chicago-Colorado rivalry????

• Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    I was at the game and it was probably sixty percent Hawks fans. Felt good to quiet "the crowd." Duchene activated Beast Mode with four points.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I think he had about 4 'almost' points too.

Also, Jonathan Toews celebrates....

tumblr_li0l3zvfgW1qer8in.gif

Jayricho on
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Dayum, Edmonton sure got owned last night!

It was the first Edmonton game I watched this season. I *HOPE* they're not always this bad?

Jean on
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    I see the Wings decided to take the afternoon off.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Want to know what a 10min misconduct penalty looks like?

Screen-Shot-2013-03-09-at-5.19.15-PM.png

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular

Huh?

• Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    Exactly.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    Man....I hate shootouts...

• Options
    Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    Nice comeback by the Leafs tonight. They were outplaying the Pens hard in the 3rd period.

Shame about the shootout loss...

• Options
    OSUJumpManOSUJumpMan Registered User regular

You just ran into currently the hottest team in the league. 6 game point streak, 4 straight wins!! Who would've have guessed that the Jackets would assume "longest active point streak" after the Hawks finally lost?

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular

You just ran into currently the hottest team in the league. 6 game point streak, 4 straight wins!! Who would've have guessed that the Jackets would assume "longest active point streak" after the Hawks finally lost?

That's part of it, but the Wings looked so fucking bad in that game. They gave away two of the goals with shitty puck handling. This is what happens when I'm actually off work to watch the game. I don't know if I want to watch tomorrow, I probably will.

I love the local channel announcers so much more than the nationally televised ones.

• Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    Magell wrote: »

That's part of it, but the Wings looked so fucking bad in that game. They gave away two of the goals with shitty puck handling. This is what happens when I'm actually off work to watch the game. I don't know if I want to watch tomorrow, I probably will.

I love the local channel announcers so much more than the nationally televised ones.

So true. The leaf game tonight was CBC so we got to hear 3 hours of Healy fellating Crosby.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular

Also known as The Mickey Redmond Relentless Homerism Hour.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular

Also known as The Mickey Redmond Relentless Homerism Hour.

He wasn't too bad about that today. Just talking about the good old days and stupid rules. The Tiger's announcers are the best at homerism and I love them for it.

• Options
    Delmain wrote: »

Huh?

Vaclav Prospal got a 10min misconduct cause he pointed at the scoreboard.

...yup

• Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    The kings are starting to look like the kings again. It's crazy looking at the points out west, it's so tight.