As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Voyage [chat]

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Back: Sore! Arms: Sore! Chest: Sore! Thighs: Sore!

Congratulations on getting laid

Not quite. Results from working out the past two days.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    Florida: still officially the worst place in the US

Florida: literally sprouting assholes that will kill you

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    hahahah yusssss geth likes birmingham industrial jack techno

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    A couple of days ago I got so annoyed with my older boy's proclivity for browsing image meme sites on his iPod and vaguely snickering, rather than paying attention to anything anyone says around him, that I yelled"Look stop digging through ______, " and I was going to finish with "...desperately hoping to find one funny image in 50."

But I couldn't remember the name of any of the fucking image meme aggregators so after a frustrated second casting about, I settled on "Lolsite".

As you can imagine, this is now a fucking meme in my house. "Hey dad check out this image I found on lolsite!"

... damnit!

OH MY GOD WHAT IF ALL OUR PARENTS JUST MISSPOKE AND WERE ACTUALLY AWARE OF EVERYTHING THE WHOLE TIME

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    Watching Unbreakable

This some good movie

I don't remember if there's a tweest

But I kinda hope not.

Picture this post in flow-chat form.

Shyamalan? If yes: Tweest
    If no: Maybe no tweest
    "David Dunn led authorities to Limited Edition where evidence of 3 acts of terrorism was found"

That reads wrong to me. Like it should be "were found" ?

Also that was a fine ending, why do people hate that ending?

I don't think people hate Unbreakable. Or Sixth Sense.

It's the rest of his movies that are terrible.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Watching Unbreakable

This some good movie

But I kinda hope not.

"David Dunn led authorities to Limited Edition where evidence of 3 acts of terrorism was found"

'was' refers to 'evidence'

not to '3 acts'

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Spool now none of us will take you seriously either

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    A world of cats in hats, walking upright.

I would to visit that world, but not live there.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Feral's right

Like always GOD

Chanus on
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Spool now none of us will take you seriously either

Fine, why don't you just post a meme about it on lolsite then!

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    Watching Unbreakable

This some good movie

But I kinda hope not.

It should be "were" because "acts" is plural.

dammit chanus

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    God, phone support for a sales rep in South Carolina

kill meeeee

• Options
    Watching Unbreakable

This some good movie

But I kinda hope not.

It should be "were" because "acts" is plural.

dammit chanus

I fixed my mistake :P

• Options
    Feral's right

Like always GOD

That's better.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I should do some more preparation for this road trip I'm taking tomorrow to see Jack. But effort.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I did get him a cuddly elephant though! :)

• Options
    A world of cats in hats, walking upright.

I would to visit that world, but not live there.

667905.png

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    feral you butthole

what

what i do

do i need a reason

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Feral's right

Like always GOD
    TL DR wrote: »
    God, phone support for a sales rep in South Carolina

kill meeeee

So Feral is doing phone support for a sales rep in SC?

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    A couple of days ago I got so annoyed with my older boy's proclivity for browsing image meme sites on his iPod and vaguely snickering, rather than paying attention to anything anyone says around him, that I yelled"Look stop digging through ______, " and I was going to finish with "...desperately hoping to find one funny image in 50."

But I couldn't remember the name of any of the fucking image meme aggregators so after a frustrated second casting about, I settled on "Lolsite".

As you can imagine, this is now a fucking meme in my house. "Hey dad check out this image I found on lolsite!"

... damnit!

This is the best old person story.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options

... damnit!

i know right

tell us another, dad

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    I should buy a tailcoat.

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
  • Options
    MentalExerciseMentalExercise Indefenestrable Registered User regular
    My TA won't take this late project because I missed the lateness deadline... having run out of class to watch my kids while my wife went in to the hospital.

Communicating subtle (or not so subtle) chains of events clearly to ESL TAs can be difficult.

"More fish for Kunta!"

--LeVar Burton
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    Real Racing 3 is a brilliant game crippled by EA’s greed

This is what a headline from a serious games journalist looks like.

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    I should buy a tailcoat.

A black one with Tron suit style red lighting, to go with your avatar.

488W936.png
  • Options
    The evolution of that robot has been, essentially, watching a long nightmare coming true.

• Options
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

holy shit jacob

do you know what this means
    Graboid.jpg

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    My TA won't take this late project because I missed the lateness deadline... having run out of class to watch my kids while my wife went in to the hospital.

Communicating subtle (or not so subtle) chains of events clearly to ESL TAs can be difficult.

Sounds like it's time to talk to the T instead.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Apple bloggers have the weirdest hate hardon for Google Glass.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    The evolution of that robot has been, essentially, watching a long nightmare coming true.

But ths best part of nightmares is when you get to beat on the creepy monster-dog robot!

I'll take ten!

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    I recently remembered that way back when I started playing guitar I had an awesome pick. It was super thick, and had a little recess in it for the thumb, and it was transparent blue and so nice to hold. I lost it before too long - think it fell between some floorboards. I've been more careful with picks since, and never really bought any more since I started playing, but they're dwindling now due to damage and stuff.

So I head on to amazon to order some more guitar picks, and think "oh, maybe they've got that one awesome one I had all those years ago!"

Turns out it was a bass pick. Huh!

Gonna order one anyway.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Gaming Journalist is just not something I can take seriously.

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    They thought Apple was going to create the gargoyles from Snow Crash

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    I recently remembered that way back when I started playing guitar I had an awesome pick. It was super thick, and had a little recess in it for the thumb, and it was transparent blue and so nice to hold. I lost it before too long - think it fell between some floorboards. I've been more careful with picks since, and never really bought any more since I started playing, but they're dwindling now due to damage and stuff.

So I head on to amazon to order some more guitar picks, and think "oh, maybe they've got that one awesome one I had all those years ago!"

Turns out it was a bass pick. Huh!

Gonna order one anyway.

This post is way better if you think "prick" instead of "pick."

• Options
    Elki wrote: »

It's terror

• Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited March 2013

Well video games are a real and big industry. It warrants analysis and criticism.

But for some reason it seems like the people who make it their job to do it just aren't up to the task of either of avoiding being cronies or blatant editorializers.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular

... damnit!

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/20324590/#Comment_20324590

(Ha when I went looking for this post I didn't know it was also by Spool)

• Options

You kinda should, as the industry is bigger than Hollywood now.

• Options
    MentalExerciseMentalExercise Indefenestrable Registered User regular

Sounds like it's time to talk to the T instead.

Yeah, it might be.

What really drives me nuts isn't that there's a language barrier. It's that the language barrier wouldn't matter, except I have to force my way through the eye-rolly "what's the excuse this time, student?" look. Buddy, I've got twin toddlers, a pregnant wife, a job, and full time school; I don't have time in life for shitty excuses.

"More fish for Kunta!"

--LeVar Burton
This discussion has been closed.