As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pokecrawl Episode 4: The Power of One!

• Options
    VictoryofthepplVictoryoftheppl Community Outreach Coordinator @ Gamers Outreach Registered User regular
    HELLO LOVELIES! I'm the Yellow-Silver professor :D

MEfw2yy.png

Team [E] <3
  • Options
    PoisonPinkFluffPoisonPinkFluff Registered User regular
    This will be my second year at PokeCrawl and needless to say I do not know my way around Boston still. I am staying at the Seaport and would love to walk with, share can or whatever with someone else going to this since I have no idea where I am going. :)

• Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    boozysmurf wrote: »
    Proeliator wrote: »
    Imperfect wrote: »
    I think this time I'm going to keep my drinking to just the challenge drinks.

At least until the final bar. If I'm doing okay there, then we good.

That was my plan for about... 10 minutes. Then it was "OOOOOOH! They have MAGNER's?! :: Dook dook dook::" I don't recall getting back to the hotel..

Glad it wasn't just me that fell down that rabbit hole. I always have such good intentions...

Yeah, if we pass a bar with Sam Adam's Brick Red, I may just end up there for the rest of the night, honestly.

A "pour me into a cab" later kinda deal.

• Options
    agreatrandomagreatrandom Wizard Outside BostonRegistered User regular

Yeah, if we pass a bar with Sam Adam's Brick Red, I may just end up there for the rest of the night, honestly.

I prefer Harpoon's Red Paint, although Brick Red is very delicious.

5rOQuX4.png

Design Wizard, Pizza Enthusiast, Craft Beer Extraordinare from MA
  • Options
    RidleyDragonRidleyDragon Registered User regular
    boozysmurf wrote: »

That was my plan for about... 10 minutes. Then it was "OOOOOOH! They have MAGNER's?! :: Dook dook dook::" I don't recall getting back to the hotel..

Glad it wasn't just me that fell down that rabbit hole. I always have such good intentions...

Nearly every bar I've been to serves brick red in Boston, it's a staple.

PW0oFIs.png
  • Options
    AurorBKAurorBK Registered User regular
    Me and my crew missed out on signups this year. Very bummed. Will have to Team Snorlax it up. If anyone is planning on cancelling tickets from team blue, let me know.

• Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Our starting bar didn't last year. I sufficed with a Rickard's.

• Options
    EQVEQV Spaceteam Champ 2013 Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    UPDATE ON T-SHIRTS

I tried to order one of the really awesome Team Yellow shirts that @Certain.shade.of.green made for us, but Custom Ink blocked it due to copyright issues with the characters depicted.

I called them up and they told me we could re-design the shirts or just cancel the order. The lady I spoke with said that we could use the font, but the actual drawings of the Pokémon were not something they could print under their policy.

As fate would have it, I actually know quite a bit about copyright and trademark law, and I strongly believe that the t-shirts are fair use. I told the lady I spoke with this and she actually agreed with me, but she said their legal people wanted to err on the side of caution. I was a little confused since we were able to print out the shirts for last year's Pokécrawl without incident, but apparently there has been a policy change over at Custom Ink since then since they've gotten to be a larger company and they want to be more careful about what they sell.

Anyhow, we might have more luck going through another t-shirt printer, or we could try to strip down the design a bit and go through Custom Ink, though I do believe that would rob the shirts of about 95% of their awesomeness.

So, are folks still interested in doing the shirts? I'd even be OK following @Certain.shade.of.green's suggestion and just ironing the designs onto shirts ourselves, but I have no idea how many folks are still interested, since we're just over a week out from the crawl and there isn't much point in doing team shirts unless a bunch of folks are participating.

EQV on
    TOURNAMENT CHAMPION - SPACETEAM, PAX EAST 2013
    Team Yellow (S) 2013 - The Ampharos Association
    Pokécrawl Episode 4

Team Blue (G) 2012 - The Fightin' Totodiles
    Pokécrawl Episode 3

PAX East 2012 - Rookie - Saturday, April 7
    PAX East 2013 - Twice as Nice - March 22-24
  • Options
    Certain.shade.of.greenCertain.shade.of.green Registered User regular
    EQV wrote: »
    UPDATE ON T-SHIRTS

I tried to order one of the really awesome Team Yellow shirts that Certain.shade.of.green made for us, but Custom Ink blocked it due to copyright issues with the characters depicted.

I called them up and they told me we could re-design the shirts or just cancel the order. The lady I spoke with said that we could use the font, but the actual drawings of the Pokémon were not something they could print under their policy.

As fate would have it, I actually know quite a bit about copyright and trademark law, and I strongly believe that the t-shirts are fair use. I told the lady I spoke with this and she actually agreed with me, but she said their legal people wanted to err on the side of caution. I was a little confused since we were able to print out the shirts for last year's Pokécrawl without incident, but apparently there has been a policy change over at Custom Ink since then since they've gotten to be a larger company and they want to be more careful about what they sell.

Anyhow, we might have more luck going through another t-shirt printer, or we could try to strip down the design a bit and go through Custom Ink, though I do believe that would rob the shirts of about 95% of their awesomeness.

So, are folks still interested in doing the shirts? I'd even be OK following Certain.shade.of.green's suggestion and just ironing the designs onto shirts ourselves, but I have no idea how many folks are still interested, since we're just over a week out from the crawl and there isn't much point in doing team shirts unless a bunch of folks are participating.

Thanks for the update EQV! My personal friends and I went with a local print shop that was more than happy to print the t-shirts.

If there was a policy shift then that's too bad as the shirts they printed last year came out great.

• Options
    PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    I'll be trying to pull together a last minute Rocker or Engineer costume to fit in to the Pokegear challenge. Any other Electric/Dragon trainer suggestions?

PayneTrayne on
    PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
  • Options
    peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House Hufflepuff The Cleave LandsRegistered User regular

+1 for Magner's.

7B14287.png
  • Options
    ProeliatorProeliator Registered User regular
    UPDATE ON T-SHIRTS

I tried to order one of the really awesome Team Yellow shirts that @Certain.shade.of.green made for us, but Custom Ink blocked it due to copyright issues with the characters depicted.

So, are folks still interested in doing the shirts? I'd even be OK following @Certain.shade.of.green's suggestion and just ironing the designs onto shirts ourselves, but I have no idea how many folks are still interested, since we're just over a week out from the crawl and there isn't much point in doing team shirts unless a bunch of folks are participating.

I'm interested, but I have zero capability/creativity on the shirt stuff. Seriously, I screw up just ironing a shirt for ironing's sake.

• Options
    LoonyEclipseLoonyEclipse WWHRD? Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    peetsnack wrote: »

+1 for Magner's.

Ah, Magners. We loves it and we hates it, precious.

Tastes so good...but inevitably leads to crushing headaches for me (cider has that effect).

Fortunately, it doesn't do so in a (poor man's) Black Velvet. Win!

My pin lanyard
    PSN: L00nyEclip
    Steam: Loony Eclipse
    Twitter: @Loonyeclipse

8hQBw4O.png
  • Options
    EQVEQV Spaceteam Champ 2013 Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    GOOD NEWS ON T-SHIRTS

There is a place in Somerville, MA (just across the river from Boston) called QRST's that will print the shirts that @Certain.shade.of.green designed for us. You'll have to pay a rush fee but it came out being less money than Custom Ink, at least for me. If anyone on TEAM YELLOW is interested in doing the shirts, send me a PM with your e-mail addresses and I can send you a properly-formatted t-shirt image you can submit to them (@Certain.shade.of.green, is this OK with you? I put the file in a ZIP so it would be below the file size limit). I'll try to reply to all of you as fast as possible, since I know the crawl is just a week away. If you are on another team, I recall CSoG saying in the other thread you could PM him for those images. If you're getting into Boston early enough, the best thing to do is probably head up there via public transit and pick your shirt up. I think they do deliver, but with the time crunch it might be tough for them to both print the shirts AND get them out to you in time.

EQV on
    TOURNAMENT CHAMPION - SPACETEAM, PAX EAST 2013
    Team Yellow (S) 2013 - The Ampharos Association
    Pokécrawl Episode 4

Team Blue (G) 2012 - The Fightin' Totodiles
    Pokécrawl Episode 3

PAX East 2012 - Rookie - Saturday, April 7
    PAX East 2013 - Twice as Nice - March 22-24
  • Options
    peachgeekpeachgeek Registered User regular
    This will be my second year at PokeCrawl and needless to say I do not know my way around Boston still. I am staying at the Seaport and would love to walk with, share can or whatever with someone else going to this since I have no idea where I am going. :)

We will be leaving from the Seaport also, if you want to ride share or walk together let me know! :D

• Options
    boozysmurfboozysmurf Registered User regular
    peachgeek wrote: »

We will be leaving from the Seaport also, if you want to ride share or walk together let me know! :D

Damn, looks like a lot of us at the SeaPort!

• Options
    TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular
    Anyone at the Hyatt Regency?

• Options
    RedwulfRedwulf Registered User regular
    GOOD NEWS ON T-SHIRTS

There is a place in Somerville, MA (just across the river from Boston) called QRST's that will print the shirts that @Certain.shade.of.green designed for us. You'll have to pay a rush fee but it came out being less money than Custom Ink, at least for me. If anyone on TEAM YELLOW is interested in doing the shirts, send me a PM with your e-mail addresses and I can send you a properly-formatted t-shirt image you can submit to them (@Certain.shade.of.green, is this OK with you? I put the file in a ZIP so it would be below the file size limit). I'll try to reply to all of you as fast as possible, since I know the crawl is just a week away. If you are on another team, I recall CSoG saying in the other thread you could PM him for those images. If you're getting into Boston early enough, the best thing to do is probably head up there via public transit and pick your shirt up. I think they do deliver, but with the time crunch it might be tough for them to both print the shirts AND get them out to you in time.

If you can get QRST to do it, it's definitely worth a try. When CustomInk shut us down, I called QRST, and they said they were so backed up on the Digital Printer that they could only do a few, and they wouldn't be done til end of day Weds the 20th.... wouldn't even offer me a shipping option because it was going to be so tight, so I get to swing through Somerville on my way into town on Thurs.

• Options
    ErickaJoErickaJo MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    I was actually able to get my green team shirts from CustomInk. I guess someone was sleeping on the job!

• Options
    ErickaJo wrote: »
    I was actually able to get my green team shirts from CustomInk. I guess someone was sleeping on the job!

Now they are special edition "F*** the man" pokecrawl shirts.

• Options
    Side Note: Nintendo is going to hunt us down one at a time and kill us for our shirts...

....Challenge Accepted...

• Options
    PoisonPinkFluffPoisonPinkFluff Registered User regular
    peachgeek wrote: »

I am all for it. We can meet in the lobby. Just have to pick a time. :)

Oh and FYI for anyone at the Seaport. This year they are charging the room deposit to your credit card you have on file. Not a temp hold, a true charge. So if you are holding a block of rooms for people, you might want to call and complain. They will make a note to charge it back after the people check into their room, then charge the people checking in. Our EiC just got hit with a $1000 charge.

• Options
    It's a prepay that's well noted on onpeak, that pays for one night per room.

And it doesn't have a lot to do with this thread.

PW0oFIs.png
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Yeah, that's off topic for here, but is probably good information for the hotel thread.

• Options
    heads up... Team Blue Gold has a ticket up

• Options
    annddd gone.

• Options
    Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    Redwulf wrote: »
    heads up... Team Blue Gold has a ticket up

If anyone is looking for a spot, do keep checking the Eventbrite page. As I've said before, the waitlist feature does not work so any open spots go immediately back into the pool. As we get closer to the event you'll see more people cancel as they finalize their PAX plans. If you're not able to attend, please cancel your registration so other people can go.

We're less than a week from the Pokecrawl. I know info about the bar routes has been scarce and this is due to a number of extenuating circumstances that have popped up this year. @ArsonIsFun is hard at work on finalizing the routes but not only have several of the bars in the area closed since last year but the night of the Pokecrawl is also the first night of the NCAA tournament so some bars already have events scheduled. We hope to get the starting bars hammered out in the next day or two so people can at least know where they're starting.

Fortunately, all other preparations are proceeding as planned. Buttons and scorecards arrived the other day and they look fantastic. I'll post a pic when I get a chance.

Can't wait to see you all on Thursday night!

• Options
    gfishgfish Ottawa, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    FYI: The Poketron Ampharos Hivemind will have an extremely limited selection of pokediscs and Poketron shirts up for auction at various times during the night. 100% of the proceeds will be donated to the cause. We're eating the build costs as part of our contribution. Bring some moneyz.

-- PokeTron: Ampharos
  • Options
    gfish wrote: »
    FYI: The Poketron Ampharos Hivemind will have an extremely limited selection of pokediscs and Poketron shirts up for auction at various times during the night. 100% of the proceeds will be donated to the cause. We're eating the build costs as part of our contribution. Bring some moneyz.

The poketron shirts are dope. Just an unbiased opinion.

• Options
    Everyone with a costume make sure you have the ability to get a coat and maybe even a hat, it's supposed to get down into the 20s on Thursday.

PW0oFIs.png
  • Options
    boozysmurfboozysmurf Registered User regular
    Everyone with a costume make sure you have the ability to get a coat and maybe even a hat, it's supposed to get down into the 20s on Thursday.

So, spring, is what you're sayin'? ;) (it's 16oF in Ottawa right now: it was a shorts & hoodie day).

Nah, that's legit: drinking + temperatures around freezing = potential for serious trouble if you're unprepared.

• Options
    QuaddlesQuaddles Registered User new member
    Oh hello! This is my first pokecrawl, and I'm on the Red-Silver. I'm residing in the Seaport, as a lot of people are it seems! Can't wait to see everyone <3

• Options
    PRationalityPRationality CinderAley NJRegistered User regular

So I was told. Already modified my original outfit plan to take this into account (new jacket and everything!) I'm very ready for this!

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    I work part of my shift in a -10 degree freezer, so 20 degrees out will feel warm to me :P

• Options
    chaosisorderchaosisorder Cupcake Princess and Pinny Whore OregonRegistered User regular
    Team Red Gold (aka Best Team, with Best Dear Leader ArsonisFun) will have a limited amount of bags like below for Child's Play donations. They can serve as an excellent reminder of your time spent drinking with your fellow Pokemons. Or as a reminder of what you are out doing when you're on challenge 5 and cannot remember your first name.

qR41EBl.png

• Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Boston, MARegistered User regular
    @TheAggroCraig Working in the freezer is a regular thing? Prep cook? Still, i'd think there's a difference when alcohol is thinning your blood. Plus wind.

@Chaosisorder Those look awesome!

5I7JEDi.png
  • Options
    Team Red Gold (aka Best Team, with Best Dear Leader ArsonisFun) will have a limited amount of bags like below for Child's Play donations. They can serve as an excellent reminder of your time spent drinking with your fellow Pokemons. Or as a reminder of what you are out doing when you're on challenge 5 and cannot remember your first name.

qR41EBl.png

Don't forget your Team Green pokecrawl shot glasses to go with your bag everyone :)

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Direwolf wrote: »
    @TheAggroCraig Working in the freezer is a regular thing? Prep cook? Still, i'd think there's a difference when alcohol is thinning your blood. Plus wind.

I work for a company that distributes frozen desserts nationwide, so our freezer is massive. And I've lived in New England my whole life, so I can handle the cold anyways, worst comes to worst I just won't complain about a little chill.

And I really want one of these shot glasses D: does Blue Silver have anything cool going for it?

• Options
    EchoZeroEchoZero Registered User regular
    To my knowledge the blue team didnt do anything special this year.

• Options
    Direwolf wrote: »

I work for a company that distributes frozen desserts nationwide, so our freezer is massive. And I've lived in New England my whole life, so I can handle the cold anyways, worst comes to worst I just won't complain about a little chill.

And I really want one of these shot glasses D: does Blue Silver have anything cool going for it?

We have a few things.

PW0oFIs.png
This discussion has been closed.