As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

"Eat the pennies." [The Venture Bros.] Thread

Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..."a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
edited June 2013 in Debate and/or Discourse
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nC8WMvxzRis

The old thread got closed so here is a new one.
Talk about L RON HUBBARD AS ARNIM ZOLA and other stuff here while I make a new OP

Also I didn't watch the Halloween special yet because I'm a terrible person

Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
oE0mva1.jpg
Mike Danger on

• Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    I hope thats not finished animation cause it looks rough in several places, and i'm not refering to Hunters opening speechrant.
    AM I SEEING VENCHMEN?!

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    Sphinx!

sphinx!

• Options
    BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Yessssssss. This will do.

I have forgotten a great deal.

BrocksMullet on
    I, for one, enjoyed the Mako.

Steam: BrocksMullet http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972421669/

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Is the Halloween special available somewhere? Anywhere?

• Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    It was on TV.

Around Halloween. 2012.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    That is my birthday!

14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    They included some bits from the Hallowe'en special in there.

Anyway, looks interesting enough, but trailers never quite do the writing justice anyway!

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular

It's on iTunes, at the least.

Wonder if they're going to re-air it at the appropriate point in the time-line.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Kinda surprised the animation on that fish-eye-cam shot was nailed.

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Awesome. cant wait.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    My favorite show coming back. My life will be complete once more.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Oh snap, it's about time!

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Literally the only TV show I watch. Although now I guess I need to get my cable box fixed. It has been dead for a month but between Netflix, Amazon Prime, and a 2.5 year old son the wife and I do not watch TV over cable anymore.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    gavindelgavindel The reason all your software is brokenRegistered User regular
    What season are they on now? I remember this show from Adult Swim back when it was on season 2 or 3, but I haven't kept up.

Book - Royal road - Free! Seraphim === TTRPG - Wuxia - Free! Seln Alora
  • Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    This will be 5.

Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    PMAvers wrote: »

It's on iTunes, at the least.

Wonder if they're going to re-air it at the appropriate point in the time-line.

Thanks PMAverock of Ages.

...Well, you can't say I didn't try.

E: Apparently, the WORLD Wide Web will not allow a dirty Canuck to view the episode in question.

Don't fuck with Canada iTunes, we got rid of the penny, were capable of anything!

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    For those that also watch the Venture Brothers:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_T1gilYNY1w

From the Song of Ice and Fire thread.

Blendtec on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    AHAHAHAHA

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    I certainly didn't know and in case any one else didn't:

First season of Venture Brothers is on Netflix.

It helps with the cravings.

• Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    As someone who no longer has CN, is there a place they consistently post the new episodes? I know [as]'s video site changed a bit and now they charge for content, so I'm wondering how they treat new stuff.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Also, if you haven't heard, Brock Samson will be one of the players in Telltale Games' Poker Night 2, along with Claptrap from Borderlands, Sam from Sam and Max and Ash from Evil Dead. GLaDOS is the dealer. Should be coming out within a month for PC, Xbox 360 and PS3. If it's anything like the first one, it'll be a decent poker game welded to hours and hours of hilarious dialog between characters you never knew you wanted to hang out with each other.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzFbnbEQDJE

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    Super excited for the new season.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    furlion wrote: »
    Literally the only TV show I watch. Although now I guess I need to get my cable box fixed. It has been dead for a month but between Netflix, Amazon Prime, and a 2.5 year old son the wife and I do not watch TV over cable anymore.

You need to watch more tv.

• Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    The wait has been far too long. The return of Venture Bros is welcome news, and may just make the long wait for the conclusion of Breaking Bad tolerable.

"Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Yeah. We sort of lost a couple years with this show. Glad to see it is starting back up. I think I missed two of the specials. It was the music documentary one and the Halloween episode. Poker Night 2 may be worth it just so I can learn poker.

• Options
    Really hope they got Bruce Campbell to do the voice work.

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    So the first season of VB on Netflix is in standard-def, much like you can only find the DVDs for that season in standard-def. Which is ridiculous, because the show is letterboxed.

Come on, CN. Get on the ball!

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I am excited.

But I hope they end it or Cartoon Network ups their budget so Doc and Jackson can hire a staff. This waiting is getting a bit nuts

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    This is the 5th season of Venture Brothers right? Christ I just realized season 1 was in 2003.

• Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    I am excited.

But I hope they end it or Cartoon Network ups their budget so Doc and Jackson can hire a staff. This waiting is getting a bit nuts

I actually kind of like the "when we're done" method over regular yearly scheduled seasons. The show has lasted this long without a feeling of being stretched or recycled. I suspect the regular breaks and slow schedule has helped keep everything fresh.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    That ASoIaF Venture spoof is gold.
    Man, I can't wait.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    I am excited.

I actually kind of like the "when we're done" method over regular yearly scheduled seasons. The show has lasted this long without a feeling of being stretched or recycled. I suspect the regular breaks and slow schedule has helped keep everything fresh.

Plus Hammer and Publick's awesome to dud ratio is superb. The wait between seasons may be torture, but you can't argue with the results.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    I certainly didn't know and in case any one else didn't:

First season of Venture Brothers is on Netflix.

It helps with the cravings.

Oh, that's only the first season? I thought it was the entire series and I was sad!

• Options
    Poker Night 2 got a surprise release on XBLA today, with Steam and PS3 coming in a few days. So go there for a good Brock fix; if it's anything like the last game Hammer and Publick had strong involvement with the dialog.

• Options
    For some goofy reason, they are only putting the first season of adult swim shows on Netflix.

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »
    For some goofy reason, they are only putting the first season of adult swim shows on Netflix.

Regular Cartoon Network shows, too.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    farbekriegfarbekrieg Registered User regular
    How long has it been since season 4 ended(11-2010)? Ladle to the Grave (8-2011) and the Halloween special (10-2012) notwithstanding. Way to make George RR look like he is cranking out the books guys.

• Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    I can't believe Ladle to the Grave is nearly 2 years old. It doesn't feel like it was that long ago. But now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure I watched it on my DVR one morning after watching a season 4 episode of Breaking Bad.

• Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    I don't know if I ever saw Ladle to the Grave!

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    Krathoon wrote: »

Regular Cartoon Network shows, too.

Neither of those things are true. They weren't able to complete most of the series they just added but many have second seasons or even thirds seasons.

Quire.jpg