As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Transistor] Sci-fi RPG from Supergiant Games, out now on PC/PS4!

1101112131416»

• Options
    DrunkMcDrunkMc Registered User regular
    I am two achievements away from having hit every achievement in this game. I've never done that before in any game, ever.

I'm not sure if that's because Transistor's achievements are easy to get with a little patience, or if I'm actually good at this game.

*e* The two remaining are User() and Goodbye() which are just going to take me some time.

God I cannot get over how much nicer the combat is than in Bastion. I mean, I loved Bastion, but Transistor has a real precision and customization to it that I don't often get to see. It's really a joy to play.

I'm in the same boat. I never Achivement hunt, but I acutally like these achievements. They actually feel like......achievements. I have all of the ones I can unlock now, and I just got my 10th Limiter, so I'm about to go for that. That........that's not going to be easy. :)

But I just enjoy the shit out of the game and the combat, so I don't mind re-doing the story. This game has JUST enough story to keep me interested, but its not so much that seeing it for the 2nd time bothers me. They really just hit every mark in my book.

• Options
    C2BC2B SwitzerlandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Got the game through PS+ and have played through it. Played Bastion before and really enjoyed it.

My IMO

Pluses

- Presentation is fantastic
    - Gameplay is an improvement over Bastion, though its too easy
    - Really like the main charachter / heroine

Minuses

- Even for an indie the narrative felt too pretentious at times
    - The narrator / sword. I loved Bastions narrator, but I found the narrator here to be really annoying. I actually enjoyed the game way more with him off. Thought some of the scenes had more impact

In conclusion I still prefer Bastion over it and I don't think its a good idea for supergiant to rely on the *narrator* gimmick. It fit Bastion perfectly, but imo it was meh here

C2B on
  • Options
    ThirithThirith Registered User regular
    I don't think it's entirely accurate to talk about a narrator in Transistor; the guy is a character in the game/story, and he's essentially engaged in a conversation with the player character as things go down. That's pretty different from Bastion's Rucks.

webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
    "Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    I disliked Transistor for two reasons. First, it was so short it felt like it was missing an Act 2. Second, by the time you reach the finale I had fought so many shielded shield generator's that I was fed up with the combat and unwilling to touch New Game Plus.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    C2BC2B SwitzerlandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Thirith wrote: »
    I don't think it's entirely accurate to talk about a narrator in Transistor; the guy is a character in the game/story, and he's essentially engaged in a conversation with the player character as things go down. That's pretty different from Bastion's Rucks.

It is. But on a basic level its still similiar.

What I'm saying is: For me the way Bastion utilized (let's call it *the voice*) worked much better than Transistors version. While in Bastion I felt *the voice* enhanced the game, in Transistor oftentimes I found him annoying.

C2B on
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Question about PSN plus accounts and games: my brother has a PSN account with Plus and has this game downloaded. I was going to make my own login for PSN but can I still play his downloaded games on my new, non-plus account on the same console?
    Specifically interested for this game only really right now so if it's impossible I will just play on his account.

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Yeah, you can play his plus games while you're logged in on your own account.

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    I got quite a bit through the game before I realized Red was using typing on the consoles at times to talk back to the sword. That blew me way.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Question about PSN plus accounts and games: my brother has a PSN account with Plus and has this game downloaded. I was going to make my own login for PSN but can I still play his downloaded games on my new, non-plus account on the same console?
    Specifically interested for this game only really right now so if it's impossible I will just play on his account.

To expand on LD50's "Yeah", the way it works is such:

- Your brother has a PSN account and has "purchased" the game. He can log in to any PS4, download it, and play it.
    - He has likely set his PS4 to be his primary console. This means all his games can ALSO be played by anyone logged in on that console.

It's a nifty split-system where the content can be accessed by anyone on the device it's assigned to, but on any device by the person who owns it.