Options

GIVEAWAYS AT PAX EAST! What did you get???

2»

Posts

  • Options
    ValantineValantine Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    I got a gorgeous pewter elderscrolls stein at the bethesda party

    Valantine on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.
  • Options
    xilxil New YorkRegistered User regular
    I got a cm storm trigger mechanical keyboard from the nvidia panel and one of the original boarderlands 2 loot chest that were from the collectors edition! Was worries about loot after seeing the swag bags but turned out good!

    Gaming Conventions:
    E3 2011 (as part of Ubisoft)!
    PAX East 2012, 2013
    --
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I got a transformers kreo set at the geek parenting panel. My son will be thrilled.

  • Options
    DolarrahDolarrah New JerseyRegistered User regular
    Valantine wrote: »
    I got a gorgeous pewter elderscrolls stein at the bethesda party

    DO NOT PUT IT IN DISHWASHER. Sorry for yelling but mine warped, it is awesome but very flimsy, and did not like the high temp. of the dry cycle

  • Options
    jdixon1972jdixon1972 Registered User regular
    I got the free MOGA controller and an excellent Street Fighter tshirt at the Capcom panel. You don't really need to go into these things thinking how much swag you can get, though. Just be happy PAX is on the east coast.

  • Options
    TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular
    Did anyone get a Red Castle Crasher from the vending machines? Id trade a Blue or Green for one.

  • Options
    AngelinePetrichorAngelinePetrichor Registered User regular
    I was pretty excited about getting the inflatable cutlass to keep my tomahawk from Prime last year company. Other than that, the Chandra goggles were pretty sweet and the Irrational party had some awesome giveaways.

  • Options
    ransimransim Registered User regular
    The cookie brigade was giving out tons of awesome swag from ThinkGeek this year to people who donated to Child's Play. We had android plushies, heart hand warmers, laser guns, cake flavored lip balm and critical hit dice. People loved them.

  • Options
    LordBraska1999LordBraska1999 Bahston, MARegistered User regular
    Best giveaway I think...the 2K/Gearbox loot chest! THAT was awesome!

  • Options
    LordBraska1999LordBraska1999 Bahston, MARegistered User regular
    Did anyone get a Red Castle Crasher from the vending machines? Id trade a Blue or Green for one.
    HAHAHAHAHAHA I was looking for the same one...I had 2 blue and a green

  • Options
    JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    Eh, I got a book (beastiary) at the Worldbuilding 101 panel, a shirt for playing Elder Scrolls Online, and a free beta key to the Neverwinter MMO for playing on Saturday.

  • Options
    PXPFANSPXPFANS Registered User new member
    post some pics guys!!!
    Hey if anyone got the STEAMPUNK GOGGLES FROM MAGIC, please let me know if i can buy them off u!!!!!

  • Options
    PXPFANSPXPFANS Registered User new member
    anyone get any inflatable weapons? I always like to see those!!!

  • Options
    PXPFANSPXPFANS Registered User new member
    pureval wrote: »
    My son was given a real paintball gun from one booth.

    WHAT COMPANY WAS THAT FROM?

  • Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    @PXPFANS There was only 1 paintball booth: Boston Paintball

    While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    I got a transformers kreo set at the geek parenting panel. My son will be thrilled.

    My buddy and I both went to that panel at Prime last year and really enjoyed it and now both have newborns. This year going all 4 days is pretty much out of the realm of possibility for us so we plan on going for that panel specifically this year with our babies in tow (hopefully...).

    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2013
    I got a transformers kreo set at the geek parenting panel. My son will be thrilled.

    My buddy and I both went to that panel at Prime last year and really enjoyed it and now both have newborns. This year going all 4 days is pretty much out of the realm of possibility for us so we plan on going for that panel specifically this year with our babies in tow (hopefully...).
    It was a great panel. I had a lot of fun with it and the panelists did a fantastic job. Plus, the questions were good and appropriate, too.

    I (again) stocked up on the Rohto eye drops (12 packs). Still haven't finished the ones from last year, but you never know. I also made several visits to the Pop Games area to get a variety of plushes for my son to either throw around or hide in his secret stash that I still haven't found.

    Le_Goat on
    While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    eBrady913eBrady913 Registered User new member
    I got a double sided pink dildo... I don't think there are any others like it in the world after Gabe and Tycho signed it... :P

  • Options
    RenoReno Registered User new member
    I enjoyed this year's PAX for a number of reasons:

    1. I spent more time with my friends. I usually spent more time playing in various tournaments and trying to accumulate as much swag as possible. However, since both were limited I guess I was forced to be more social ;p

    2. Expo hall was easy to navigate.. If I were to suggest something would be to put AAA titles at the 4 corners of the Expo Hall to accommodate more people.. and would hopefully lead to less crowding. Put indie games in between each corner.

    3. Although there were less tournaments this year (I've been to every PAX East).. there were also way less prizes! What happened? I suppose they were sponsored before but even the PAX medals were scarce! They used to be awarded up to top 4.. now they are awarded only to the winner :(.

    4. In general there was more swag to be had in previous years. But I assume this is an exhibitor thing. It used to be, hey you won a t-shirt! You won whatever it is because you're here and you're a nice guy! Woo! But now it's.. stand in line, like our facebook/twitter page, to receive a raffle ticket for a later time, for a chance to win a chance for a poster! Woo!!

    5. One minor specific complaint.. the milk shake I bought for 8 dollars was just straight up milk. I was so sad. Had to do with the convention center itself, but I felt like someone had to know.

    6. If at all possible for next year.. maybe have vendors submit their give-away / competition schedules. I would like to plan out my expo hall a bit better rather than wander around and then find out I missed something I would have liked :(.

    Everything else, great stuff :) PAX is always amazing!

  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Reno wrote: »
    I enjoyed this year's PAX for a number of reasons:

    1. I spent more time with my friends. I usually spent more time playing in various tournaments and trying to accumulate as much swag as possible. However, since both were limited I guess I was forced to be more social ;p

    2. Expo hall was easy to navigate.. If I were to suggest something would be to put AAA titles at the 4 corners of the Expo Hall to accommodate more people.. and would hopefully lead to less crowding. Put indie games in between each corner.

    3. Although there were less tournaments this year (I've been to every PAX East).. there were also way less prizes! What happened? I suppose they were sponsored before but even the PAX medals were scarce! They used to be awarded up to top 4.. now they are awarded only to the winner :(.

    4. In general there was more swag to be had in previous years. But I assume this is an exhibitor thing. It used to be, hey you won a t-shirt! You won whatever it is because you're here and you're a nice guy! Woo! But now it's.. stand in line, like our facebook/twitter page, to receive a raffle ticket for a later time, for a chance to win a chance for a poster! Woo!!

    5. One minor specific complaint.. the milk shake I bought for 8 dollars was just straight up milk. I was so sad. Had to do with the convention center itself, but I felt like someone had to know.

    6. If at all possible for next year.. maybe have vendors submit their give-away / competition schedules. I would like to plan out my expo hall a bit better rather than wander around and then find out I missed something I would have liked :(.

    Everything else, great stuff :) PAX is always amazing!

    Pretty sure you're posting in the wrong thread.

  • Options
    purevalpureval Somersworth, NH Registered User regular
    PXPFANS wrote: »
    pureval wrote: »
    My son was given a real paintball gun from one booth.

    WHAT COMPANY WAS THAT FROM?

    It was Boston Paintball.

  • Options
    miker525miker525 New YorkRegistered User regular
    Coolest thing I got was probably a PAX East 2013 watch I got from S2 games (company behind HON). Not an expensive watch but still pretty awesome

    weZXr66.png
    Steam - Miker525 | Xbox Live - Miker525| PSN - MikeRosenberg
    Websites - Gamerations - MikeRosenberger.com
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
  • Options
    Geno GaronGeno Garon Registered User regular
    I can't believe this hasn't been mentioned yet.

    For all of us League of Legends cosplayers who participated in Riot's Cosplay Parade one any of the three days, we received a swag bag containing a $30 pillow of either Tibbers or Baron Nashor (or a Rammus hat, I heard), a large LoL mousepad, a $65 gaming mouse, an additional skin code for King Tryndamyre, a poster, and a bunch of other little bits and bobs.

    In addition, I was an entry for Astro Gaming's cosplay contest, and my group won, netting me a sweet $100 gaming headset. Loot was good for me this PAX.

  • Options
    rileyperrileyper Registered User regular
    Got a CMStorm Trigger blue switches keyboard for $60 and love it to death, and I won a Logitech G19s keyboard from LogitechG. I was Schmoozing(I mean that in a good way) with the employees of Logitech and we were talking about their headsets mice and keyboards, what i had owned how long i had owned, and told them how loyal i am to the trackball mice and happy that they keep them updated and asked if they would ever make a gaming trackball. As i was leaving one of their heads chose me to win the keyboard and told me to keep buying their products. :D Protip: Just be nice take the time to talk/demo their stuff. Logitech FTW

    Pax Prime 2014 checklist: Accommodations[x] Travel [x] Time Off [x] BYOC [not attending :(]
    Pax South 2015 checklist: Accommodations[x] Travel [x] Time Off [ ] BYOC [x]
    Pax East 2015 checklist: Accommodations[ ] Travel [ ] Time Off [ ] BYOC [ ]
    fss.png
Sign In or Register to comment.