As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Indie [chat] Booth

spool32spool32 Contrary LibraryRegistered User regular
Here are some games that I saw / bought / liked in my 2ish hours at PAX East. D&D's generosity knows no boundaries!

This one is called Snapshot. It's a side-scrolling puzzler where you can take photos things in the environment, and they vanish. Then later you can paste the photos back into the level and use their 'contents' to complete it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AP45xJI_S1o

This one is called Children of Liberty. Stealth platformer in which everything is made of 2d paper...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlqxpHMxo5A

Then there was Apotheon, another side-scroller with really neat artwork and some amazing fire - lighting effects

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3C_aBICyD8w

I was impressed by many things, but in terms of lesser known, these were really neat!

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    fC9YpAp.jpg
    Just shaved my beard. Now you can see my double chin.

Couscous on
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Curse my code of honor that gives the designated chatee 20 minutes to maek poast!

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I've just emerged from a HOMM3 timesink. Fortunately it's still Sunday. But only just.

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    spool

what are your thoughts on your posting capacity for the campaign?

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    @Thanatos

Spool had to create the chat thread. Think about that. Think about how hard you failed.

@Elendil

You're a good guy, but we are done professionally.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Conversation in the office at work has revolved around the girl who had her boobs almost hanging out at the snack bar we went to for the office drinking party.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    poop fart pee

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Conversation in the office at work has revolved around the girl who had her boobs almost hanging out at the snack bar we went to for the office drinking party.

Sounds like delicious water cooler stuff right there.

488W936.png
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Geth should just pick some of the last people who posted to create the next thread.

With maybe some filters to ignore posts like "I'm off to bed"

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2013
    poop fart pee

Would not "fart poop pee" make more sense?

Mortious on
    Move to New Zealand
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular

Lower your pants and bend over to reveal your plumber crack.

Now who's the popular one, eh?

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    spool

I could probably do that!

• Options
    Geth should start all chats with stirring words chosen from his cold metallic CPU.

"Humans communicate here now" for example.

• Options
    spool32 wrote: »
    spool

Okay then! Given that 21st is already playing Kaidan, you going with Ashley would probably not be a great plan, so I'd go with Liara or Tali. (Tali would be better because you won't have to pick a new character if we reach ME2.)

• Options
    spool

Okay then! Given that 21st is already playing Kaidan, you going with Ashley would probably not be a great plan, so I'd go with Liara or Tali. (Tali would be better because you won't have to pick a new character if we reach ME2.)

this sentence got weird fast

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Geth should start all chats with stirring words chosen from his cold metallic CPU.

"Humans communicate here now" for example.

"Begin your verbal copulation in earnest, organics. The consensus will be watching".

488W936.png
  • Options
    Ludious wrote: »
    spool

I'm sorry what campaign is this we are talking about?

488W936.png
  • Options
    Corehealer wrote: »
    spool

I'm running Mass Effect 1 as a tabletop campaign, with some changes to the story to have it make more sense, avoid it being exactly what the players expect, and set up 2 better (which, if we get there, will also make a hell of a lot more sense re: Cerberus).

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Hope everyone who went to PAX can use this to describe their time

Hi3Zb.gif

• Options
    spool

I'm running Mass Effect 1 as a tabletop campaign, with some changes to the story to have it make more sense, avoid it being exactly what the players expect, and set up 2 better (which, if we get there, will also make a hell of a lot more sense re: Cerberus).

I like it already; where can one sign up?

488W936.png
  • Options
    ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    i farted and it smells like chicken wings

• Options
    spool

I

shit

six players again

tell you what, once you and spool negotiate who's taking Liara and who's taking Tali (unless one of you wants to try to convince chiasaur not to kill you at Virmire, which I'm pretty sure I'm keeping), I'll copy you both on the pm chain with chiasaur, cambiata, 21st, and Mild Confusion

but the campaign won't be starting for a while, since I'm already running one, and it's using the Marvel Heroic Roleplaying system, so you'll need to read up on that a bit

• Options
    Buttlord wrote: »

remain stylish and sophisticated, Buttlord.

• Options
    ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular

remain stylish and sophisticated, Buttlord.

that's what the hat is for my good sir pip pip wot wot

• Options
    spool

I

shit

six players again

tell you what, once you and spool negotiate who's taking Liara and who's taking Tali (unless one of you wants to try to convince chiasaur not to kill you at Virmire, which I'm pretty sure I'm keeping), I'll copy you both on the pm chain with chiasaur, cambiata, 21st, and Mild Confusion

but the campaign won't be starting for a while, since I'm already running one, and it's using the Marvel Heroic Roleplaying system, so you'll need to read up on that a bit

Can do. Will want Liara so we can work that out as needed, though I'm willing to go someone else.

Who will be Shepard?

488W936.png
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular

you have to specify flavor (bbq, buffalo etc)
    "chicken wings," is not descriptive

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    spool

I

shit

six players again

Can do. Will want Liara so we can work that out as needed, though I'm willing to go someone else.

Who will be Shepard?

Chiasaur is Shepard, Cambiata is Garrus, 21st is Kaidan, and Mild Confusion is Wrex. P. K. Sullivan has character sheets for all of them, so that's your starting point.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    I really need to work on my posture.

• Options
    Tav wrote: »

I thought that slumped over a bar look was part of your cultural heritage

• Options
    Wheee got upgraded from the second year teacher tables to the third year teacher tables.

Moving up in the world eh wot wot.

• Options

Make it a habit that every time you check the time you check your posture.

• Options

I thought that slumped over a bar look was part of your cultural heritage

I've the posture of a computer scientist, so slumped in a chair is more appropriate.

• Options
    5D6A601C-7B9B-4EC4-A17B-6247C9D44C8F-1068-000003AE1E95EF7C.jpg

• Options
    Also remember that good posture is not a perfectly straight spine, there should some curves going on.

Mmmm.

Curves.

• Options
    I've such bad posture that standing up straight kinda hurts. Probably shouldn't have ignored it for so long.

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular

also your privilege

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Hey, do any of you homps know about having your soil tested for lead?

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Quid, I agree that truck food in NW DC is actually pretty solid for being located in touristy areas. Polish dogs near the national mall were a staple of my youth

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    dlinfiniti wrote: »

also your privilege

1:40pm, and yup, still white.

Move to New Zealand
This discussion has been closed.