Options

[WH40k] Thank the Emperor we're back to dick jokes.

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    One of the new Tau peices of war fear is reversed engineered ork Teck. ie the Repulsor Field. My sides are in orbit.

So what you're saying is that the Anzion "clap your hands if you believe in dakka" hypothesis of orkoid technology may be false?
    Heresy!

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
    Ken O wrote: »
    Nax wrote: »
    When are you ready for another trip over to our coast? I'm planning a big BBQ/40k extravaganza and you're part of the crew now! So, basically your attendance is required :P

And my schedule for the next 3 or 4 months is confirmed. 8am-5pm Mon-Fri. I've spent the last 2 years getting out of work at 7pm with Sunday/Monday off.

Kickassssssss!

The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    I've been reading the newest WD, and I am in love with the Tau stuff. I'm so glad I'm broke and can't afford to buy new stuff.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    saluksicsaluksic Registered User regular
    I just got a raise. Tau are about to come out. #FortheGreaterGood!

• Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    I'm also crazy pumped for Tau. Minis look awesome and rules sound fun

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    I'm actually seriously looking forward to getting the codex tomorrow. I might not have that much time to get started on Battlescribe files, depending on how much of an abomination their armoury setup is, but it's certainly something I plan to do.

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • Options
    Chrysis wrote: »
    I'm actually seriously looking forward to getting the codex tomorrow. I might not have that much time to get started on Battlescribe files, depending on how much of an abomination their armoury setup is, but it's certainly something I plan to do.

I hope it's the biggest abomination. I want to see tons of options, and for those options to have options.

• Options
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    One of the new Tau peices of war fear is reversed engineered ork Teck. ie the Repulsor Field. My sides are in orbit.

So what you're saying is that the Anzion "clap your hands if you believe in dakka" hypothesis of orkoid technology may be false?
    Heresy!

Thank fuck.

• Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    I loved that :(

• Options
    LeperLeper Registered User regular
    I also strongly appreciate Ork technology operating solely on quantum wave collapse.

(that's the proper technical and scientifically supported way of saying "clap your hands if you believe in dakka")

If my role play is hindered by rolling to play, then I'd prefer the rolls play right, instead of steam-rolling play-night.
  • Options
    Dayspring wrote: »
    Mr_Rose wrote: »

Heresy!

Thank fuck.

Nope. He's saying that Tau are part Ork.

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • Options
    Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2013
    I choose to believe the truth is somewhere in between.

The power of a Waaaaghs is most likely some sort of psychic power and it's not a leap to think that them really believing in something couldn't help it perform better. (Like the red ones actually being faster)

But there's also the fact that a lot of the Ork's knowledge is written into their genetic code. They innately know thing like how to fight and make weapons. It's not a leap to believe that this innate knowledge helps them use these shitty junk weapons as well.

At least that's my thoughts on it.

If the tau managed to reverse engineer some Ork Repulsor Field tek then that is pretty awesome. I imagine that was a lot of work to reverse engineer something that probably shouldn't work at all :P

Sharp101 on
  • Options
    TastyfishTastyfish Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Sharp101 wrote: »

The power of a Waaaaghs is most likely some sort of psychic power and it's not a leap to think that them really believing in something couldn't help it perform better. (Like the red ones actually being faster)

But there's also the fact that a lot of the Ork's knowledge is written into their genetic code. They innately know thing like how to fight and make weapons. It's not a leap to believe that this innate knowledge helps them use these shitty junk weapons as well.

If the tau managed to reverse engineer some Ork Repulsor Field tek then that is pretty awesome. I imagine that was a lot of work to reverse engineer something that probably shouldn't work at all :P

The whole thing just makes no sense and defies all logic to the point your ready to strangle your supervisor the next time he comes in to 'check on your progress'.
    It's at that point the reassuring/maddening hum starts back up from the field generator.

Options look pretty mad, two guns that are once per detachment, list of kit that are all once per army but also are hardwired on commanders and bodyguard but take up a support system slot on an elite sergeant.
    You'll have that Impact Repulsor field going in no time.

Tastyfish on
  • Options
    McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    Markerlight BS bonus apparently works on snapfire and overwatch shots as well (though I don't get how the overwatch would work, as the marker tokens are removed at the end of the shooting phase)

Flatout with a vehicle, then bump it's BS back up to 4 or 5. I guess most of the heavy infantry weapons are on relentless drones so its less usefull there. There is that ethereal power that lets everything snapshot after running. Some speedy firewarrior shinnangins in store there.

Everyone was bitching about distruption pods only giving +1 cover save, but I think they forgot that everything is a skimmer, and therefore gets a jink save if it moves anyways. So, 4+ most of the time anyways.

I really like the concept of seeker missiles. A few skyrays with pathfinders or piranhas spotting could do some serious alpha strike hurt. 6x BS5 S8 AP3 ignore cover, infinite range and ignore los.

website_header.jpg
  • Options
    TastyfishTastyfish Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    All the ML units get supporting fire - so they fire at the charging unit, and then the unit being charged (or other supporting units) can then use them.
    Or vice versa, you charge the pathfinders and they mark you so the firewarriors behind them hit you on a normal BS

Tastyfish on
  • Options
    McGibs wrote: »
    Markerlight BS bonus apparently works on snapfire and overwatch shots as well (though I don't get how the overwatch would work, as the marker tokens are removed at the end of the shooting phase)

Flatout with a vehicle, then bump it's BS back up to 4 or 5. I guess most of the heavy infantry weapons are on relentless drones so its less usefull there. There is that ethereal power that lets everything snapshot after running. Some speedy firewarrior shinnangins in store there.

Everyone was bitching about distruption pods only giving +1 cover save, but I think they forgot that everything is a skimmer, and therefore gets a jink save if it moves anyways. So, 4+ most of the time anyways.

I really like the concept of seeker missiles. A few skyrays with pathfinders or piranhas spotting could do some serious alpha strike hurt. 6x BS5 S8 AP3 ignore cover, infinite range and ignore los.

Networked Markerlights or Supporting Fire. Remember, Tau can overwatch with several units even if only one is getting assaulted, so other units can light the chargers up. And Networked Markerlights fire before other weapons.

• Options
    edited April 2013
    Oh yeah, I guess youd shoot the markerlights IN overwatch, then use those hits to boost other units overwatching.

Pretty clever sis.

Man, IG better get shit like this to make up for their lack of combat ability as well. An order that lets you fire into assaults, or bayonet drill that gives counterattack or that nurgle-beast countercharge or something.

McGibs on
    website_header.jpg
  • Options
    daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    Given the rumors, Tau are looking pretty interesting. Moreso than the other 6E codeci I think. Wish they allowed crisis suits as troops.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I've been reading the newest WD, and I am in love with the Tau stuff. I'm so glad I'm broke and can't afford to buy new stuff.

I will have money soon and I fear for it

• Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular

I always read it as being much more about the thought processes of the Imperium than anything to do with the Orks. It's taking classic British Empire style colonial superiority thinking (dismissing natives as inferior savages etc) and applying it to sci fi. They are so sure of their own superiority that anything a filthy alien has accomplished MUST be lesser in some way. It's absolutely inconceivable that such a bestial and base race such as Orks could have any better technology than humankind. So he rationalizes this contradiction with his indoctrinated teachings in the only way that fits.

The whole thing was a fantastic piece of fluff, just not in the way most people take it.

• Options
    superhappypandasuperhappypanda Zug Island Sport Fishing SeattleRegistered User regular
    I'm grateful Tau are this months release. It will give my wallet a vacation. Same for Eldar if they're next. Not sure what was rumored to be in the pipeline after that, but if it's Space Marines I'll be fine there too. If Apocalypse hits in July from what's rumored I'll grab that and BloodBowl in Sept. Other than that I can't see getting anything else until Nids are redone in Jan.

• Options
    PixelMonkeyPixelMonkey Registered User regular
    Tastyfish wrote: »

The whole thing just makes no sense and defies all logic to the point your ready to strangle your supervisor the next time he comes in to 'check on your progress'.
    It's at that point the reassuring/maddening hum starts back up from the field generator.

Options look pretty mad, two guns that are once per detachment, list of kit that are all once per army but also are hardwired on commanders and bodyguard but take up a support system slot on an elite sergeant.

The Waaaagh psychic field effect is more of a lubricant then anything else.

Oh and another piece of gear for suits called the Onager Gauntlet does this "During the Fight sub-phase, a model with the Onager Gauntlet can opt to substitute ALL his close combat attack for a single S10 AP1 attack"
    You pretty much fistfuck tanks.

• Options
    "Onager Gauntlets were first utilized during the Damocles Campaign to keep Crisis teams effective against IG armoured companies in extended operations where ammunition reserves were low. So armed, a warrior could punch a hole through the side of a battle tank, but the casualty rate while attempting to get close enough to use them was extremely high. Indeed, of the 12 original Onager Gauntlets, only one now remains, recovered from Blackthunder Mesa where Commander Bravestorm's critically damaged battlesuit was surrounded by smoking wrecks of over a dozen Imperial Vehicles"

• Options
    An Onager is a kind of donkey. So you Donkey Punch vehicles.

It's also a kind of Roman siege weapon, but they obviously named it after a donkey.

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    So you Donkey Punch vehicles.

Looks like I found my next army.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    DetharinDetharin Registered User regular
    "Heretical Device Blah Blah Damocles Campaign Blah [Data Expunged by order of the INQUISITION] Blah Blah glorious IG armoured companies in extended operations where ammunition reserves were unable to compete with the might of the holy Emperor. Blah Blah [Data Classified] but the casualty rate while attempting to use these dangerous heretical devices was extremely high. Indeed, of the 12 original Onager Gauntlets, only one now remains, Blah Blah Commander Bravestorm's critically damaged battlesuit was overcome by the firepower of over a dozen Imperial Vehicles"

All I read was we have more bodies than you have devices heretic.

• Options
    edited April 2013
    An Onager is a kind of donkey. So you Donkey Punch vehicles.

It's also a kind of Roman siege weapon, but they obviously named it after a donkey.
    So you Donkey Punch vehicles.

Looks like I found my next army.

All Tau generals are honor bound to use this war gear in our lists.
    Detharin wrote: »
    "Heretical Device Blah Blah Damocles Campaign Blah [Data Expunged by order of the INQUISITION] Blah Blah glorious IG armoured companies in extended operations where ammunition reserves were unable to compete with the might of the holy Emperor. Blah Blah [Data Classified] but the casualty rate while attempting to use these dangerous heretical devices was extremely high. Indeed, of the 12 original Onager Gauntlets, only one now remains, Blah Blah Commander Bravestorm's critically damaged battlesuit was overcome by the firepower of over a dozen Imperial Vehicles"

All I read was we have more bodies than you have devices heretic.

Correction it's stated that's there only one of the originals left there's no reason why they can't and haven't made more.

PixelMonkey on
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    PixelMonkey on
  • Options
    It adds an extra layer of innuendo to penetrating their rears.

• Options
    DetharinDetharin Registered User regular
    Correction it's stated that's there only one of the originals left there's no reason why they can't and haven't made more.

We have more tanks than the piddly Tau empire has citizens.

The Tau have invented a handheld device that allows them to cut apart tanks. We call those Eviscerators and we give them to expendable half naked blood crazed battle nuns for fun.

• Options

Uh, yep.

Tau do that all day erry day sheeet.

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    It's like a glove for practicing robo-proctology.

• Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    Tastyfish wrote: »

The Waaaagh psychic field effect is more of a lubricant then anything else.

Oh and another piece of gear for suits called the Onager Gauntlet does this "During the Fight sub-phase, a model with the Onager Gauntlet can opt to substitute ALL his close combat attack for a single S10 AP1 attack"
    You pretty much fistfuck tanks.

S10 AP1 at WS3 is... not wonderful

Especially since it will be most useful against Monstrous Creatures, as Tau do not exactly lack for ways to kill tanks at range.

• Options
    edited April 2013
    Yeah assault-range anti-tank for Tau seems...odd. I certainly don't disapprove, it's just weird.

I do think I want some Tau now though, because I do love me some shooty.

EDIT: On GW's site there's a lineup of Tau all the way from tiny pathfinder to ginormo suit - and they all have the same size heads.

Dr_Keenbean on
  • Options
    GW's always been pretty good at making all their kits interchangable.
    See also, Talos and Grotesque helmets

• Options
    Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    At this point I should create a Blood Bowl thread.
    I've been trying to find a suitable figure to be the Apothecary for my Dwarf teams. Last night I found the Dwarf Cannon/Organ Gun box.

dwarf%2520doc.jpg

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    I'm pretty psyched for tomorrow. I've never bought a codex or rule book the day they came out before.

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Gonna head into town, see if there's any riptides in stock at GW (I know the independents won't have more than their preorders) and maybe pick up a pathfinder box too. I already ordered the book from a discounter so that's sorted but after all the rumours I want actual stuff. :rotate:

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    I've got a strong urge to pick up a box of crisis suits or a broadside just to see how a 'westernized' mech conversion would look. Remove the sensor head and arms, and just magnetize the weapon systems onto the shoulders.

website_header.jpg
  • Options
    McGibs wrote: »
    I've got a strong urge to pick up a box of crisis suits or a broadside just to see how a 'westernized' mech conversion would look. Remove the sensor head and arms, and just magnetize the weapon systems onto the shoulders.

Do you mean a headless, armless suit? I always take off the weird little antaena things, myself. They look like bunny ears.

This discussion has been closed.