As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

does anyone want to play FIGHTING GAMES™

I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatnessstarlight at my feetRegistered User regular
edited April 2013 in Social Entropy++
SE++ Fighting Game Thread

shehulk-umvc3.jpg

Rose.%28Street.Fighter%29.full.549209.jpg

Amane_Nishiki_(Chronophantasma,_Character_Select_Artwork).png

tumblr_m9niqwZB251r9nmdxo1_400.gif

EVENTS:

CIVIL WAR 5: APRIL 19-21st
UFGT9: MAY 24-26

STREAMS:

EXIST

PLAYERS:

KNOB??

GAMES:

YES

lfYVHTd.png
Knob on

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    i'm gonna edit that tomorrow to be badass

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Fighting games pshhhhhh

I was hoping this was about Marvel Ultimate Alliance

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    i'm really excited for injustice i want everyone to get injustice

vow are you a ps3er

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    no thanks

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    I really enjoyed playing as Wonder Woman in Injustice but I can't imagine I'll ever be good enough to beat anybody real. The moves just seem to require so much speed and precision to pull off I feel way out of my depth.

Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options
    Yes and I suck at fighting games

I am a free bolster to your feelings about your fight game skills

• Options
    well i mean i have an xbox anyhow, but yes you are all free

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Mike are you seriously trying to tell me you don't have an Xbox

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I'm one of the few people with a PS3 here. I hardly ever have time to get on, though...and usually only really late at night.

I did give the Injustice demo a try, but didn't have much success. It definitely feels like MK, which means everything is very static and too...tappy for me. Looking up combos, lots of switching between neutral, back plus button and forward plus button. Just feels weird to jerk back and forth. Maybe I'm misunderstanding the notation or something, though, it looks confusing to me.

Probably another simple MK thing, but I'm not entirely sure what you're supposed to do, in general. The style. Like Marvel is get in and do combos, SF is slower with more spacing, seeing where everyone is and what state they're in, anime games are dashing around like crazy, 3D games involve lots of circling and taking advantage of 3D movement, etc. Moves and specials don't seem to chain together in a simple, obvious way, characters don't move incredibly fast, the stage/movement gimmicks are obviously extremely situational...

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    I have an Xbox

Still getting Injustice for PS3

• Options
    Mike are you seriously trying to tell me you don't have an Xbox

i had one....

once upon a time.....

• Options
    the way i see it, getting the hang of movement and footsies is different for all games

tekken plays different than DOA and VF5

SFxT plays different from SF4 yadda yadda

it's just another thing to get used to as far as i'm concerned

and i've never minded how it looks, i dunno, i like watching MK and Injustice really excites me

i know i'm in the minority though

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    i like MK because it is the only fighting game i can flip tails at

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Are we still playing Marvel, Swordfights?

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    i am in there, sir, i will make a room

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I only really like the B-list DC characters, so none of the ones available are too appealing, either. No Booster Gold, no Blue Beetle, no Birds of Prey, no Martian Manhunter, no Plastic Man. I think they do have some members of Justice Society, Young Justice, Outsiders, Suicide Squad, Teen Titans...just the more mainstream characters. They also have the crappiest of all the Green Lanterns, but DC has been screwing that up for years now.

I do like Black Adam, and any Wonder Woman wearing pants has usually been alright.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    well that was no fun at all

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I was actually trying to change characters the last two matches but in my haste to get past the win quotes I mashed out rematch.

I liked your She-Hulk/Spencer resets!
    well that was no fun at all

There is not an emoticon sad enough.

Radius on
  • Options
    thank you

i can do a lot of cool things

i cannot do them against tron

i discovered that this evening

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    haha sorry sorry it wasn't no fun at all, i'm not that salty

it's like playing against BRT's nova, i'm just not good enough to know how to stop the onslaught

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    BRT's Nova was always surprisingly infuriating.

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    unlocking the secrets

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    What if I don't wanna play marvel?

What if I just wanna keep being a shitty cody? Shitty cody's pretty cool.

• Options
    Folken FanelFolken Fanel anime af When's KoFRegistered User regular
    Ggs last night blaze. Racoon is too fast online.

So... dante combos.. volcano j.h air.qcf.m j.h....

For some reason I camt get the j.h to connect after air.qcf.h...

Yet I can do stinger bold cancel volcano no problem.

My execution problems make no goddamn sense

Twitter: Folken_fgc Steam: folken_ XBL: flashg03 PSN: folken_PA SFV: folken_
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Characters I hate:

Everybody @Folken Fanel plays as.
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    if you aren't starting all your combos off of helm breaker to downshots i don't even know what to tell you

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    For a second I was thinking an actual SE++ Fighting Game. Just our avatars beating the hell out of each other, and at the end of the battle there's FATALITIES, FELLATIO, and BANNED.

• Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    Reynolds wrote: »
    I only really like the B-list DC characters, so none of the ones available are too appealing, either. No Booster Gold, no Blue Beetle, no Birds of Prey, no Martian Manhunter, no Plastic Man. I think they do have some members of Justice Society, Young Justice, Outsiders, Suicide Squad, Teen Titans...just the more mainstream characters. They also have the crappiest of all the Green Lanterns, but DC has been screwing that up for years now.

I do like Black Adam, and any Wonder Woman wearing pants has usually been alright.

Did you just call hal Jordan crappy

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I wouldn't be surprised if Booster Gold or Blue Beetle was one of the DLC characters.

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    is there any other fighting game besides the soul calibur series that lets you make your own dude?

i am a sucker for that shit

• Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    Knob wrote: »
    Reynolds wrote: »

Did you just call hal Jordan crappy

Best Human lanterns go:

Guy > John > Hal > Kyle

this is fact.

rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Options
    Pony wrote: »
    is there any other fighting game besides the soul calibur series that lets you make your own dude?

betting all my money that the next smash bros has your mii as a character

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    Pony wrote: »

betting all my money that the next smash bros has your mii as a character

i would be okay with this

• Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Finally a new thread!

Ok, @Blackbeard7, and other Hulk users. I found out that Hawkeye's otg assist can be used to combo off command throw midscreen like Sent otg punch. The issue I am having now is that if I run Hulk/Skrull/Hawkeye, I have no zoning assists. But I can now TOD or very close to it with Hulk. I guess for serious business sake I need to drop Skrull from the lineup and use him in another team.

Can you recommend another character that is good to DHC into? Preferably with a horizontal zoning assist?

BTW if you are curious, the combo I was doing with Hulk/Hawkeye was command grab, dash, call assist/wavedash, jump H, jump S, M, f+M, S, Air combo, Gamma Wave, AA Gamma Charge, etc. basically a modified KBR combo. the first dash and assist call is very tight and you must be able to dash twice with a wavedash.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    Folken FanelFolken Fanel anime af When's KoFRegistered User regular
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    Can you recommend another character that is good to DHC into? Preferably with a horizontal zoning assist?

Doom plasma beam
    Taskmaster arrows
    Arthur daggers

Twitter: Folken_fgc Steam: folken_ XBL: flashg03 PSN: folken_PA SFV: folken_
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Characters I hate:

Everybody @Folken Fanel plays as.
  • Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    oh this is the new fighting game thread

• Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    yes, I will retire to the shaming corner now

please be gentle @Knob

(never be gentle, baby)

• Options
    Hiryu02 wrote: »

Doom plasma beam
    Taskmaster arrows
    Arthur daggers

I guess I will go Tasky for now. If only because I am so sick of Doom.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    i checked my license and doom is my most played character

because he's on every team!

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    Same for me pretty much. Now I am debating who is better to anchor between Task and Hawkeye

This discussion has been closed.