As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bad News Gone Right -- Move along to version 2.0

• Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    Forar wrote: »
    In the documents I make, I usually write "This page unintentionally left blank" on blank pages.

"Shit, wait, I had something for this..."

"Insight goes here"

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    http://gawker.com/bristol-palin-makes-great-argument-for-abortion-in-baby-1714002057

Noted abstenence only proponent pregnant with second out of wedlock child.
    I know this has been, and will be, a huge disappointment to my family, to my close friends, and to many of you.

You cannot abort this baby and deprive it of a lifetime in this warm, loving, nurturing environment.

sig.gif
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Nothing makes a child feel so warm as bitter disappointment.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    Hey kid,
    Just so you know, the first thing your mother ever publicly said about you is how much of a disappointment your mere existence was.

Anyways, have fun with that loving environment!

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    "A Huge Disappointment" seems an appropriate description of all things Palin.

It's their House Words.

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I still don't understand what the inside joke in the link is.

They're recalling a bunch of hoodies because the drawstrings might catch on something and snap back to hit people in the face.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Gvzbgul wrote: »

Yeah, there was NO way an aglet-related recall wasn't getting a shoutout to that scene.

• Options
    CalicaCalica Registered User regular
    Lovely wrote: »
    I think the most... odd thing is that the other drummers continued drumming even after one of them got HIT BY AN AXE. I mean, I understand commitment, but jesus. I think HIT BY AN AXE is a good excuse as any to maybe give it a break for a few minutes or so.

Eh, that's band for you. You keep playing until told to stop. In competitions, the (not really a) joke was, "If you pass out, we will march over you so we don't lose points."

(I kid, but realistically, the guy was calm and walking, and there were assuredly support personnel around; so there wasn't much one of the other drummers could have done about it besides hover and look concerned.)

• Options
    LovelyLovely Registered User regular
    Psh! The people who pass out are weak and deserve the stomping! You think practice was for FUN???

.......marching band was good times.

We did break formation when a babyl alligator got on the field though. Band director was kinda cross about that at first. Then a bunch of boys from the band actually caught the thing and threw it over the fence into the nearby lake.

....Florida is weird.

sig.gif
  • Options
    CogCog What'd you expect? Registered User regular
    ....Florida is weird.

We know all about your state in this thread.

• Options
    .....Oh. Yeah. Forgot about that for a bit. XD

sig.gif
  • Options
    Cog wrote: »
    ....Florida is weird.

We know all about your state in this thread.

Well, we know about one man from his state.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Psh! The people who pass out are weak and deserve the stomping! You think practice was for FUN???

We did break formation when a babyl alligator got on the field though. Band director was kinda cross about that at first. Then a bunch of boys from the band actually caught the thing and threw it over the fence into the nearby lake.

....Florida is weird.
    Did you just post your own "Florida Man/Woman/Person" story here? :D

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »

....Florida is weird.
    Did you just post your own "Florida Man/Woman/Person" story here? :D

Florida Band

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    A new subgenre is born!

sig.gif
  • Options
    Knuckle DraggerKnuckle Dragger Explosive Ovine Disposal Registered User regular
    Presidential candidate refuses to provide evidence he was not born in Kenya.
    The Guardian contacted the Trump campaign to request the birth certificate and passport records of the Apprentice host, but a spokeswoman refused to share the documents.

Let not any one pacify his conscience by the delusion that he can do no harm if he takes no part, and forms no opinion.

- John Stuart Mill
  • Options
    Hilariously I believe Trump actually does have a bit of a birth place issue but I can't for the life of me recall what it was. Maybe that he used his birth certificate in the past and not his certificate of live birth like the derps were asking for.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    You know, I would love to see all the junk collected in those rides. Loose change, keys, phones, hats...

Kinda like the gum over the entrance of splash mountain, ads a bit of character.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular

It gets better: http://money.cnn.com/2015/06/26/news/companies/disney-selfie-stick/

Since people ignored the sign at risk of great physical harm to themselves and others, there are now contraband checks at the gates and you have to either surrender it for storage or take it back to your car.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    I'm sad that selfie sticks have become a thing at all. Like seriously GOD DAMN AMERICA!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    I want to agree, but without it we wouldn't have the InstaDoom mod.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXYl3SS2Ddk

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    SealSeal Registered User regular
    I thought selfie sticks were a Japanese invention from the darkness of the 90's. One of those "too terrible to be real" inventions that somehow actually caught on once cell phones and cameras were combined and weighed less than a brick.

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Nocren wrote: »
    You know, I would love to see all the junk collected in those rides. Loose change, keys, phones, hats...

Kinda like the gum over the entrance of splash mountain, ads a bit of character.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kR6VhtGiQUc&t=1m0s

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    A twenty acre chunk of land ripped itself off Uganda four months ago and has been floating around Lake Victoria ever since.

• Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015

I worked at Disney World.

No, you do not want to see this. Not even Lovecraft has the words for the horrors that are left behind

Edit: although, the day I found a backpack full of $20k cash was interesting.

Veevee on
  • Options
    Veevee wrote: »

No, you do not want to see this. Not even Lovecraft has the words for the horrors that are left behind

I wanna say possible drug trade, but I know a few people that could easily drop 20K in Disney merch.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
  • Options
    Captain MarcusCaptain Marcus now arrives the hour of actionRegistered User regular
    Oregon Man isn't as active a superhero as Florida Man, but he does get attacked by a beaver every once in a while

• Options
    Damn. Beavers are bad ass 0_0 .

sig.gif
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular

Well, yes, because they're supposed to be on the front.

• Options
    Veevee wrote: »

OK, now I really need to know. What gets dropped down there?

sig.gif
  • Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular

If you have it, check out Werebeavers on Netflix.

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    We portray them as adorable, but yeah, from what I've read, beavers are not to be fucked with.

It makes me like them all the more as our national animal. Sort of Canada in a nutshell. Nice, polite, cute, but we'll fucking cut ya if the need arises.

Just don't make it come to that and please grab a drink from in back. :-D

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Magus` wrote: »

We used to have pet rats. One we brought home was pregnant, and had a litter of thirteen.

A couple of the worst weeks of my life. No cage can contain them.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    Beavers are the second-largest rodents on Earth. They can get impressively large.

12-11-2013-3-25-00-PM-1507470.jpg

And I'm glad that people in Oregon aren't wanting to go after those beavers because they "attacked a human" or such BS. The hikers were trespassing on the beaver's house, after all.

• Options
    FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    https://youtu.be/5y6qTLf0AI4

CNN devoted segment to "ISIS" flag at gay pride event, flag is actually dildos

Foomy on
    Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
This discussion has been closed.