As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bad News Gone Right -- Move along to version 2.0

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Joolander wrote: »
    I always though Canada's Florida was Newfoundland

Nothing is like Newfoundland, and Newfoundland is like nothing, them crazy newfies set a new bar at all times!

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    It's been awhile since we've heard from the good folks at Fox & Friends. They must be lying low and trying to clean up their act after endangering people while trying to change a tire.

Or maybe not.

https://youtu.be/saDmuon6tCg

Veagle on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    Veagle wrote: »
    It's been awhile since we've heard from the good folks at Fox & Friends. They must be lying low and trying to clean up their act after endangering people while trying to change a tire.

Or maybe not.

what the fucking fuck.

• Options
    Captain MarcusCaptain Marcus now arrives the hour of actionRegistered User regular
    That's absurdly dangerous- there's not a cage over the target to stop the axe from going over, and there's not even a barrier to the sides. How on earth did the tv crew look at that and go "yep, no liabilities here"?

• Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    That's absurdly dangerous- there's not a cage over the target to stop the axe from going over, and there's not even a barrier to the sides. How on earth did the tv crew look at that and go "yep, no liabilities here"?

they are conservatives.

They were probably bribed by a plastic surgeon to make it as dangerous as possible for business opportunities.

• Options
    Knuckle DraggerKnuckle Dragger Explosive Ovine Disposal Registered User regular
    Amtrak audit finds "trends and patterns that indicate potential fraud, waste, and abuse in the reporting of overtime and regular time."
    Employees reported 1,357 days in which they worked more than 24 regular and overtime hours (Appendix B, Figure 7). Ten employees reported working at least 40 hours in a day (Appendix B, Figure 8).

Let not any one pacify his conscience by the delusion that he can do no harm if he takes no part, and forms no opinion.

- John Stuart Mill
  • Options
    BlarghyBlarghy Registered User regular

They even had people stand directly behind the target to play that drumroll. I mean, no safety cage is one thing -- it looked like there was a fair amount of blocked off space behind the target that would have made it reasonably safe, but then they decided to stick the band directly in that space -- intentionally.

• Options
    Captain MarcusCaptain Marcus now arrives the hour of actionRegistered User regular
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    they are conservatives.

They were probably bribed by a plastic surgeon to make it as dangerous as possible for business opportunities.
    That might be the case for non-corporations, but I can guarantee you News Corp's lawyers got about a head's worth of grey hairs between them watching that clip. And then someone got yelled at. A lot.

• Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    Amtrak audit finds "trends and patterns that indicate potential fraud, waste, and abuse in the reporting of overtime and regular time."
    Employees reported 1,357 days in which they worked more than 24 regular and overtime hours (Appendix B, Figure 7). Ten employees reported working at least 40 hours in a day (Appendix B, Figure 8).

I don't know why you'd even need an audit for this. A manager or computer system should've been able to notice it immediately.

• Options
    LovelyLovely Registered User regular
    I think the most... odd thing is that the other drummers continued drumming even after one of them got HIT BY AN AXE. I mean, I understand commitment, but jesus. I think HIT BY AN AXE is a good excuse as any to maybe give it a break for a few minutes or so.

sig.gif
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular

Or maybe not.

what the fucking fuck.

The original band audition, you had to let a news anchor split an apple on your head with a thrown axe. This is the modern, safety first version of Fox News.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular

Are you working too much if you didn't notice the fraud at first, and just kinda thought, yep, that feels like my schedule.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular

Are you working too much if you didn't notice the fraud at first, and just kinda thought, yep, that feels like my schedule.

It took me a minute to notice it too. Not out of any sympathy from my own schedule.

After thinking, I realized why I didn't even blink at the article: I just assumed that workers reported that much overtime because I just assumed that was the consecutive hours they worked. The fact that they reported more than 24 hours in a calander day didn't automatically translate as fraud in my head.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    My first thought was that they had a silly means of documenting time and a half or double time for workers who were entitles to it (if you hit 60 plus hours in a week, just double the remaining hours on your time sheet!).

But that's still stupid and crazy.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Train workers are known for being hard drinkers. I can only imagine the discrepancy is entirely because they were too sauced to care.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Drunk Brit goes William Tell on a friend with a sword.

Hilarity ensues.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    Must have wanted to spite his face.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    If this is the worst thing I read about cops doing this week, it will have been a very good week.
    It will very likely not be a very good week

• Options
  • Options
    Artist tries to claim the word "parbunkells" for herself.

Yeah...I think that is going to go over about as well as one thinks.

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Everybody's wanting to take down Confederate flags, memorials and statues. But this is one racist statue that should stay.
    1310177115739502151.jpg
    http://gawker.com/alarming-statue-of-a-racist-and-horse-perfectly-honors-1713422930

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    A 25-foot fibreglass statue. It's 7.6 meters tall.

That's taller than a 2-story building.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    I keep looking at it and laughing.

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    I keep looking at it and laughing.

He looks so angry

Wait, I've got it. Make him useful turn the statue into a functional nutcracker. Just needs a hat.
    71262539-nutcracker-soldier-with-a-christmas-tree-in-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=5tF90bF0jZVnLfRglC6fGnhpV%2F65J%2F%2FclHm0m6MGpCFtDHi37EbDGUdy7gJTCzfW

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Yosemite Sam would look more dignified.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Scooter wrote: »

I don't know why you'd even need an audit for this. A manager or computer system should've been able to notice it immediately.

On mobile, I'll read the report when I get home but are they talking billable hours? Because if I work on a holiday I'm getting paid for 30 hours. And if I work a holiday to cover for someone, I get paid for 32 hours.

Edit to fix swype.

Edit 2: actually covering for someone might be straight double time, in which case it'd be 36 hours. I need to cover Christmas eve for someone and make $texas.

Handgimp on
    PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    Handgimp wrote: »
    Scooter wrote: »

On mobile, I'll read the report when I get home but are they talking billable hours? Because if I work on a holiday I'm getting paid for 30 hours. And if I work a holiday to cover for someone, I get paid for 32 hours.

Edit to fix swype.

Edit 2: actually covering for someone might be straight double time, in which case it'd be 36 hours. I need to cover Christmas eve for someone and make $texas.

Maybe I'm just tired, but the second page of that file being a blank page stating it's supposed to be blank is too amusing to me.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Military and government mauals do that all the time.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    Military and government mauals do that all the time.

And it's done so that there's no question about whether a page should have content or not. Which is sort of important in those situations.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Military and government manuals do that all the time.

It's so you know that it's not a printing error.

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    In the documents I make, I usually write "This page unintentionally left blank" on blank pages.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Instead, write "this page intentionally left blank" in the middle of a page that isn't blank.

Garthor on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    In the documents I make, I usually write "This page unintentionally left blank" on blank pages.

"Shit, wait, I had something for this..."

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Have a blank page followed by a "previous page actually left blank" page

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Followed by the troll meme face

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Warning: Blank pages may appear without

notice.

• Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited June 2015

Or maybe not.

what the fucking fuck.

Missing the target, as usual.

Personally I was always assuming that when they stopped throwing stupid it would be bullets, not axes, but I've been waiting for something like this ever since the one guy tried to roast a marshmallow in his bare fingers, and then tried a second time after the fire hurt.

Hevach on
  • Options
    http://gawker.com/bristol-palin-makes-great-argument-for-abortion-in-baby-1714002057

Noted abstenence only proponent pregnant with second out of wedlock child.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
This discussion has been closed.