As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NY/NJ] hangout thread: The thread for doing things in a place with people you know

• Options
    TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular
    So ive got a post on Reddit going about a CaH meetup and theres a lot of interest, id be down to host it for just PA people before random Redditors if theres enough interest here as well or if you guys/gals wanna join with the Reddit group thatd be cool too.

http://www.reddit.com/r/nycmeetups/comments/1bx15l/anyone_interested_in_cards_against_humanity/

• Options
    TomeWyrmTomeWyrm A Limited Liability Partnership Registered User regular
    AnarCHris wrote: »
    yeah, I wish I could get to PAX some year, my work schedule essentially precludes me ever being able to do it.
    I'm hoping to rope syndalis and a couple of others from the Batman crew into doing Comicon, especially since they're trying to rope us into doing something else for next Halloween.

I...haven't missed a PAX East yet, lol.

And I LOVE NYCC/Comics and the like. Last year we did a various-Bat characters crew. We had a Damian Wayne, Steph Brown Batgirl, Steampunk Dick Grayson, Arkham City Riddler, a 60s Catwoman and myself as the Red Hood.
    http://starwind824.deviantart.com/art/Enter-the-Red-Hood-ignore-his-mak-337982750?q=gallery:starwind824/19464016&qo=15 said Hood
    http://petelabrozzi.com/cosplay-avant-garde/ said everyone else.

That's a pretty awesome batcrew!

The Omega Red in the gallery is uh...vaguely upsetting...in the same way certain Japanese cinematic experiences are upsetting...

• Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    So's your face.

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    BEAST! wrote: »
    So's your face.

so's your piehole

• Options
  • Options
    AnarCHrisAnarCHris Trash Lord New York CityRegistered User regular
    edited April 2013
    [quote="TomeWyrm;26384763"][quote="AnarCHris;26379885"]
    That's a pretty awesome batcrew!

The Omega Red in the gallery is uh...vaguely upsetting...in the same way certain Japanese cinematic experiences are upsetting...[/quote]

Thanks! No idea who the Omega Red is, but I imagine it's damn near impossible to rock that costume w/o upsetting someone.

@tapeslinger Thanks as well! I don't think we've ever taken our comics-stuff to a bar party, because high maintance. I did rock my RE4 Leon to a bar crawl last year and did come across an insanely good looking Arkham City Joker/Harley, but they weren't beer, pizza or skeeball, so my interest in them was short lived.

In non-costuming news, the weather is great again, and the Device debut album dropped, so I am a happy CHris.

AnarCHris on
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    It's+called+DAD+anime.jpg

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    riz wrote: »
    That reminds me I never uploaded that picture of BEAST! and Hakks smooshed in the trunk of Eggy's car.

I don't remember you taking a picture!

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    So ive got a post on Reddit going about a CaH meetup and theres a lot of interest, id be down to host it for just PA people before random Redditors if theres enough interest here as well or if you guys/gals wanna join with the Reddit group thatd be cool too.

http://www.reddit.com/r/nycmeetups/comments/1bx15l/anyone_interested_in_cards_against_humanity/

Also what the heck bro I know you were in our hotel at the Hyatt and you're in the Bronx but you are a ghost or something

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    Hakkekage wrote: »

Also what the heck bro I know you were in our hotel at the Hyatt and you're in the Bronx but you are a ghost or something

PAX was a bit crszy for me so wasnt checking forums that often. Live in the Bronx but work a funky schedule o Queens.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Gallow Green is officially open.
    Classy happy hour early may?

• Options
    Oh yeah, @Hakkekage was talking about putting together at least gallows green and MAYBE also sleep no more night.

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    rizriz Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    riz wrote: »
    That reminds me I never uploaded that picture of BEAST! and Hakks smooshed in the trunk of Eggy's car.

I don't remember you taking a picture!

It was on the way to Dark Knight Rises. I'm pretty sure you're flipping me off in it. Have to check my phone... haha.

• Options
    Geezum Crow, I have no idea what happen to my last post. Is there a way to burn it off of the internet? There needs to be if not.

Also SNM is still going on? I thought it was a limited engagment that ended back in January? All of my poser-theater-nerd friends started not-shutting up about "Then She fell" around New Year's, after dropping several hundred dollars on SNM, turning me off to the show in the process.

• Options
    AnarCHris wrote: »
    Geezum Crow, I have no idea what happen to my last post. Is there a way to burn it off of the internet? There needs to be if not.

Also SNM is still going on? I thought it was a limited engagment that ended back in January? All of my poser-theater-nerd friends started not-shutting up about "Then She fell" around New Year's, after dropping several hundred dollars on SNM, turning me off to the show in the process.

SNM has been "limited engagement" since it started, but they keep selling out every night and turning massive profits so they keep tacking on extensions. No complaints from me though, since it's an incredible show!

Also "Then She Fell" is likewise pretty amazing. It's considerably smaller-scale than SNM, but also far more intimate an experience. I know they moved locations recently, but not sure if they've started having shows again yet.

• Options
    tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    I love Sleep No More, so apart from budgetary constraints I am pretty much always down for that. Early May would be p great as that is near my birthday :3

• Options
    Early May Tappey Birthday Gallow Greening
    3rd, 4th, 10th or 11th? I have 100% current availability.

• Options
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Early May Tappey Birthday Gallow Greening
    3rd, 4th, 10th or 11th? I have 100% current availability.

Is this like a general thing, where my vote matters? If so, I'm pushing for the 10th or 11th, as the previous weekend is Free Comics Day/Iron Man 3/Drinko De Mayo weekend.

• Options
    tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    11th is actually date of birth so I would be down for that

• Options

I AM SO GOOD AT VOTING YOU GUYS!

Query: Would this be the type of thing where one (specifically me!) whould show up at said bar, introduce myself, HIGH FIVE THE BIRTHDAY GIRL, and lay down the special type of charm/snark only I can deliver when I have a few drinks in me, or were you guys planning to do SNM first? Because the former, COOL, IMMA MAKE SOME FRIENDS, the later means I am the Captain of the U.S.S. Raincheck.

• Options
    My understanding is Gallows Green is the pregame event but I have never been able to go to there yet, I have only ever done snm

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Beast you looking for any kind of job??

@triiipledot

I am!

• Options
    Mostly sex related ones.
    But I'd take a Perl or Python job i GUESS.....

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    rizriz Registered User regular

Will you not have to work on the big day? (I'd be down and would prefer that weekend too fwiw.)

• Options
    Well, I am off work at 6, but I might very well try to put in for the day off, or a half day or something

• Options
    My understanding is Gallows Green is the pregame event but I have never been able to go to there yet, I have only ever done snm

So parts of the former, and then bounce come the later? YO THAT IS SOMETHING I'M COOL WITH. I'll be sure to give ample high-fives before bouncing.

• Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    boo, it looks like I'll be away that weekend.

• Options
    Alright Tape, lemme know when you wanna grab the ressies and for what time.
    We should probably motivate on that by the end of next week though. It's opening season for rooftop bars.
    If it's 6PM that's cool, raz and I will probably show up at five and double book with yall.

• Options
    My job seems to be always hiring if you dont mind Long Island City and have 24/7 365 availability. $15-16 starting.

• Options
    My job seems to be always hiring if you dont mind Long Island City and have 24/7 365 availability. $15-16 starting.

what is your job?

does that mean no vacations or...?

• Options

what is your job?

does that mean no vacations or...?
    Camera jockey for the Department of Transportation, basically watch big video walls and CCTV's and find accidents, delays, disabled vehicles, car fires, jumpers, on all the major highways in the five boroughs and manage them. If you are a part timer you pretty much take vacation whenever, if you are full time then youd have to request vacation aside from your regular days off. Its a 24/7 365 operation that never closes so weekends, holidays and what not you will probably work.

• Options
    edited April 2013
    hmm my boyfriend works nights so a weird schedule isn't that big of a deal, actually 9-5 is sort of horrifying for me

and LIC isn't far from where I'm moving

yes I think I would be interested in applyin

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    Our carbon monoxide detector went off last night. We looked at the user's manual before calling the superintendent, and it said the alarm that was happening (4 beeps pause, 4 beeps pause) only happens when there's an actual alarm. The 'battery is low' alarm is different. So our super came up and looked at it, said it's probably faulty (despite our protests) and took it downstairs and said he'd fix it tomorrow.

So Alyce said fuck it, and called 911. Because dying in our sleep is not on the menu. Turns out our CO levels were at 35 (normal is 9), and our stove was leaking CO like a motherfucker since we cooked dinner. They disconnected the gas, and our super came and brought our CO detector back.

I didn't yell at him or anything, but seriously. Two of your tenants could have died, dude.

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    bebarcebebarce Registered User regular
    See I thought that too, but when I talked to Alyce I got a completely different view from her on the Super. I also suggested to her that I'd have assumed any gas related deaths in your futures would have been caused by your bowels.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Ffffuuuuuu -

Jesus Christ, dude!

Glad you two are okay

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    Our carbon monoxide detector went off last night. We looked at the user's manual before calling the superintendent, and it said the alarm that was happening (4 beeps pause, 4 beeps pause) only happens when there's an actual alarm. The 'battery is low' alarm is different. So our super came up and looked at it, said it's probably faulty (despite our protests) and took it downstairs and said he'd fix it tomorrow.

So Alyce said fuck it, and called 911. Because dying in our sleep is not on the menu. Turns out our CO levels were at 35 (normal is 9), and our stove was leaking CO like a motherfucker since we cooked dinner. They disconnected the gas, and our super came and brought our CO detector back.

I didn't yell at him or anything, but seriously. Two of your tenants could have died, dude.

0 is normal. 9 is cause for concern and whatever is causing it needs to be mitigated immediately. I don't think 35 would kill you, but after long enough you'd get a nasty headache.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    Oh, I should mention that the 35 ppm reading was after we had been venting our apartment by opening our windows for about 15 minutes. It would have been bad, our stove must have really been spewing it :/

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Call the management company. Inform them that your super's solution to a carbon monoxide detector going off was "oh, it's broken"

Deebaser on
  • Options
    bebarcebebarce Registered User regular
    Didn't you just buy that detector?

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Call the management company. Inform them that your super's solution to a carbon monoxide detector going off was "oh, it's broken"

this is good advice. Our Management company will settle this shit real quick.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...