Options

Premature E[chat]ulation is a problem...

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Actuaries have great hours, get paid a very comfortable salary (low sixes) and always report very high job satisfaction.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    their first game? Yeah fuck that, I'm worried

lets hope we don't have another Obsidian getting KOTOR2 on our hands

Yes, getting incredible characterization and genre leading storytelling would suck.

Getting broken gameplay would suck.

they arent getting fuked by a publisher this time

do you know how many months they had to make kotor 2 y/n

do you know how many months they thought they had to make kotor 2 before the deadline was changed y/n

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    HamurabiHamurabi MiamiRegistered User regular
    Yes. All the scantily-clad young co-eds are breaking down the doors of the College of Actuarial Studies.

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    i hate you gooby

gooby

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    I had no idea leg extension surgery was a thing that could happen.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I'm thinking of doing a giveaway for my 1/year anniversary / 100th post on my blog. I'm thinking of giving away a copy of the Burning Wheel Gold rulebook. But I want it to be more than just a "sign up for a chance to win this book".

Maybe something like, submit a monster/magic item/plot hook and send the one I like the most the book. IDK

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Hamurabi wrote: »
    Yes. All the scantily-clad young co-eds are breaking down the doors of the College of Actuarial Studies.

If you were an actuary, you'd know the odds of that happening.
    100%

• Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    I am a white slavic protestant.

I mean, I don't think I look that slavic, but I've had people just straight-up assume I was from Bulgaria or Russia, interrupted only by my Canadian accent. Even Russian immigrants. It's strange.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    I think becoming an actuary is the traditional "selling out" path from physics and maths. Sadly, the economy had collapsed by the time I was job hunting and they'd started interviewing rather than just nodding at your qualification and giving you a bushel of cash.

It's not really selling out if there's an interview process.

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Do you know that I don't actually know what your background is, @ronya.

And actually, it now occurs to me that 99% of the rest of the forum doesn't talk about theirs as much as I do mine. (Though I'm sure a lot of that has to do with presumably a good part of the forum consisting of WASPs.)

pfffft

bitch please, i'm far more interesting than that

• Options
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    I think becoming an actuary is the traditional "selling out" path from physics and maths. Sadly, the economy had collapsed by the time I was job hunting and they'd started interviewing rather than just nodding at your qualification and giving you a bushel of cash.

I "interviewed" for my job. It was basically sitting down with someone for 10 minutes. They saw I had a pulse, they gave me a call back. Selling out?

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular

is this cosmetic or necessary? I know a guy who needed it done when he was younger and there was years of pain and pretty bad scarring afterwards

• Options

is this cosmetic or necessary? I know a guy who needed it done when he was younger and there was years of pain and pretty bad scarring afterwards

Guy in H&A has decided he wants more opinions on whether to do it. I was unaware of it.

I just can't fathom how it would work. You'd need artificial bone and I've been to seminars on how fucking difficult that is to achieve.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    james ur posting has a russian accent sort it out commie

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Selling out?

monkey suit, man, monkey suit

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    i hate you gooby

gooby

GoObY

• Options
    edited April 2013
    Also, you haven't lived until you have seen an actuary fight.

"As you can see here, we have used the industry standard .30% discount rate"
    "I don't think that any credible actuary in the WORLD would use a rate that high!"
    "Well, this is our practice, what do you use?"
    "We think .27%"
    "In all my years, i have never seen a rate that low! If you're not going to talk in good faith, then we're done here."
    Then they kiss

spacekungfuman on
  • Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular

Yeah I think I missed the boat for getting into the well paying IT roles, instead choosing to follow some stupid childhood dream.
    Childhood me tried to leap a six foot wide hole on a tricycle, why I listened to that idiot I'll never know.

sig.gif
  • Options

Guy in H&A has decided he wants more opinions on whether to do it. I was unaware of it.

I just can't fathom how it would work. You'd need artificial bone and I've been to seminars on how fucking difficult that is to achieve.

the guy I know who had it done had needles put into his leg that stretched it out and forced the muscles and stuff to grow longer too

or something along those lines

pretty sure whatever he had done would have only worked when he was growing anyway

• Options
    Other than the spoiler, that's a true story.

• Options

If you were an actuary, you'd know the odds of that happening.
    100%
    I'm a social science major, so I like to think conceptually instead of quantitatively. Imagine a Venn diagram. One circle is titled "Co-eds who have a liberated notion of the social norms surrounding low-cut jeans and their attendant proprieties." The other is entitled "People interested in becoming an actuary."

And now imagine the Marianas Trench inbetween these two circles.

• Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    james ur posting has a russian accent sort it out commie

Я буду заниматься сексом со своей матерью

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

"I don't think that any credible actuary in the WORLD would use a rate that high!"
    "We think .27%"
    "In all my years, i have never seen a rate that low! If you're not going to talk in good faith, then we're done here."
    Then they kiss

ITT you had a sexual awakening whilst watching 3-2-1 Contact

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular

Impossible! Which is why instead we put a bunch of pins in your legs and then induce fractures on the bones and force them to grow to bridge the gap.

It is even more painful then it sounds apparently!

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    suk ma d

poo
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    i intentionally read mariana as marinara every time

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    Nose bleed in a medical lab. There's possibly some irony here.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Nose bleed in a medical lab. There's possibly some irony here.

Sorry, we need to bring out the thermobaric missiles before the contagion leaves the lab.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    hm i get my mattress delivered tmrw morning

which means i need to clean my room enough so that they can get me a mattress to my room

poo
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    I have arrived at school. Nothing to do but study for the big exam tomorrow. No distractions, no video games, nothing but me, my laptop, my notes and my wits.

*chats and works on his MOBA game instead al day*

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    I have arrived at school. Nothing to do but study for the big exam tomorrow. No distractions, no video games, nothing but me, my laptop, my notes and my wits.

go study, robert redford

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »

go study, robert redford

I don't get the reference.

Is Robert Redford known for being a slacker?

• Options
    SammyFSammyF Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »

"We think .27%"
    Then they kiss

ITT you had a sexual awakening whilst watching 3-2-1 Contact

What a great show that was. Man kids today are getting screwed over even on inferior PBS shows. Dora the Explorer? Please.

• Options
    School is really the only place I can get Work done. Everywhere else is too distracting. I basically lock myself in an empty classroom and don't emerge until I've pooped out enough words to meet the paper's quota.

I blame The Dreaded Gum Disease Senioritis.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Actuaries have great hours, get paid a very comfortable salary (low sixes) and always report very high job satisfaction.

maybe i'll do that in my next life

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I almost decided to be an actuary, y'know.

But A) Math is too hard on my feeble brain and B) GAMES.

• Options
    i need to poop and buy a pencil before my exam

• Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular

the guy I know who had it done had needles put into his leg that stretched it out and forced the muscles and stuff to grow longer too

or something along those lines

pretty sure whatever he had done would have only worked when he was growing anyway

My best friend growing up had that same thing done every couple of years since he was 7 because of him being in a boat explosion. Every couple of years he would have a bar inserted and the leg broken so it could stretch and mend to allow it to grow. His little brother wound up losing his foot and a bit of his calf from the same accident.

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    ronya wrote: »

go study, robert redford

I don't get the reference.

Is Robert Redford known for being a slacker?

naw I am still endlessly ribbing you on this

nT2UX3FQKD2D2.png

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    SammyFSammyF Registered User regular
    i need to poop and buy a pencil before my exam

If you hate your teacher, you could skip both and just find an appropriately sized stick.

This discussion has been closed.