As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Blood Bowl] Triple Skulls Every Time

1333435363739»

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Lol. For "reasons" our league organsiser informed us about a newly implemented rule. There has to be a designated match reporter for a league game. If every playeris too drunk to fill it out there has to be a third person responsible for the match report.

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    Lol. For "reasons" our league organsiser informed us about a newly implemented rule. There has to be a designated match reporter for a league game. If every playeris too drunk to fill it out there has to be a third person responsible for the match report.

Now I'm curious about the incident that prompted this.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    the culprits have been found and are getting ridiculed/admired in the league chat

• Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    edited March 2
    A Gnome team has been announced!
    Contains foxes, a badger, a goose, a duckling, and gnomes.
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/03/02/warhammer-world-anniversary-gnomes-bring-animals-illusions-and-pointy-hats-to-blood-bowl/

Linemen have Jump Up and Wrestle, Beastmasters have guard.

They're certainly pretty and fun miniatures!

Can we have Warcry stats too?

Corporal Carl on
    PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    I didn't even know gnomes were a thing in Warhammer

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    I didn't even know gnomes were a thing in Warhammer

Yes… and no. They’re pretty reclusive, almost as bad as Zoats on that front, but they’ve been part of the Lore since first edition and have received mentions periodically but the old metal gnome warriors went OoP long ago.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    So, do they get only one positional with the beastmaster? Plus probably two treemen (kinda wild that there are now two plastic treemen just for bloodbowl). Looks like there's a model with a magical flaming ball?

Very weird team. Very strong combination of starting skills, but all on models that are probably closer to halflings than gobbos with their stats.

• Options
    Yeah, gonna be interesting. I wonder if their team rules will reflect their inherent magic at all? Or maybe a new kind of Wizard sideline staff? They’re supposed to be naturally steeped in the wind of Ulgu.

• Options
    LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    I think at least three positionals: the Beastmasters, the foxes, and the gnomes with the shadow magic.

• Options
    What I want to know is who’s going to be thrower for the foxes to play catch with? If the beastmasters are the defensive strongpoint it shouldn’t be them… or are they just all going to have a decent but not great throwing arm?

• Options
    TastyfishTastyfish Registered User regular
    Illusionist throwers with dump off pass I guess? There's one with a ball on a fishing rod that looks like they might also be able to catapult it.

• Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    They could just be runners with no need for passing, though someone probably ought to have P skill access on the team. Pretty sure they're going to have either Big Hand or Monstrous Mouth.
    "Drop it!"
    *fox shakes its head, runs off*

• Options
    MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    They could just be runners with no need for passing, though someone probably ought to have P skill access on the team. Pretty sure they're going to have either Big Hand or Monstrous Mouth.
    "Drop it!"

But only goes so far, that it's close enough for you to chase and get within arm's length, so it can only then run a little bit further.

Every frikkin' dog I have had, or looked after, has done this. They want you to throw the ball, but they do NOT want to give it up, and would rather you chase them.

• Options
    "Drop it!"

P skill access as secondary or primary is the question. Because everyone in my blorc team has it as secondary and they might as well not have it at all. Passing is just the worst skill list for random and it gets prohibitively expensive in SSP and TV to take chosen secondary skills. I'd kill for a gobbo with P as primary skill.

• Options
    edited March 4
    this guy is actually a star player it turns out:
    1OkWMK0wZXiTAh3P.jpg
    Rodney Roachbait

DAyoSuPHnS93sJBD.jpg
    also stunty, side step, jump up

The gnome models also seem great for the stack of free non combat 28mm indi games that popped up over the last years, like fishing28, apple picking 28, etc.

honovere on
  • Options
    I think Jump Up is going to be the Gnomes’ Thing. Y’know like how Norse have Block or Amazons have Dodge. Which is interesting because even if they average M5 that still makes them pretty fast in the long run.

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited March 4
    Rodney Roachbait

The gnome models also seem great for the stack of free non combat 28mm indi games that popped up over the last years, like fishing28, apple picking 28, etc.

I would like to know more.

[Expletive deleted] on
  • Options
    edited March 4
    Rodney Roachbait

I would like to know more.

basically a bunch of kid friendly tabletop miniature games

https://28-mag.com/games/
    has them collected in the NCT Almanac

found them through this
    https://linktr.ee/4ydra
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    I think Jump Up is going to be the Gnomes’ Thing. Y’know like how Norse have Block or Amazons have Dodge. Which is interesting because even if they average M5 that still makes them pretty fast in the long run.

So far it looks like they're not going to have dodge as a skill though. making them pretty different to other stunty teams.
    I wonder how many gold a halfing with stunty, jump up, wrestle is going to be. I'm guessing 35-40k?

honovere on
  • Options
  • Options
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/04/01/the-blood-bowl-gnome-team-an-interview-with-the-designers/

Gnome Team rules. Dodge on the foxes, otherwise halfling stats with jump up and wrestle instead of dodge.

Also the Illusionist with this:
    l67B2MfyTnldbtJa.jpg

• Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    The fox special rule is the best through. No take! Only run!

sudyc0fi7t9z.png

• Options
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/04/01/the-blood-bowl-gnome-team-an-interview-with-the-designers/

Gnome Team rules. Dodge on the foxes, otherwise halfling stats with jump up and wrestle instead of dodge.

Also the Illusionist with this:
    l67B2MfyTnldbtJa.jpg

Ok, so, set up your illusionist next to your beastmaster on the front line. They set up a row of dudes opposite as usual. Someone swings for the illusionist; they teleport behind the attacker and get an assist regardless due to Guard…
    Now imagine later in the league when your illusionist has Fend or Sidestep…

• Options
    edited April 8
    Skill access for the gnomes has leaked via insruction booklet

Line and beastmaster: Agility as primary, General and Strength as secondary
    Illusionist: Agility and Passing as primary, General as secondary
    Treeman: Strength a Primary, G A P as secondary
    Fox: no primary, Agility as secondary

RR are 50k

honovere on
  • Options
    Skill access for the gnomes has leaked via insruction booklet

Line and beastmaster: Agility as primary, General and Strength as secondary
    Illusionist: Agility and Passing as primary, General as secondary
    Treeman: Strength a Primary, G A P as secondary
    Fox: no primary, Agility as secondary

RR are 50k

I assume BM, illusionist and fox are 0–2. What about the treeman?

• Options
    edited April 8
    Everything is 0-2

and the second Star Player:
    gpvd57kej6re.png
    Dodge, loner +4, Dump off, guard, horns and jump up
    Halfling-Gnome jousting incoming

honovere on
  • Options
    Everything is 0-2

and the second Star Player:
    gpvd57kej6re.png
    Dodge, loner +4, Dump off, guard, horns and jump up
    Halfling-Gnome jousting incoming

Stag vs. Ram, round one, fight!

Also, looks like she has Leap, too, and her special ability seems to be 1/game no modifiers leap.