As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Blood Bowl] Triple Skulls Every Time

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    edited June 2022
    honovere wrote: »
    Pile driver basically just allows you to make a foul action after a block action, so yes. I wish it was an additional foul action instead of the one you're allowed per turn.

I wish the skills in particular could get a bit of a review and rework someday. Some are just way better than the rest (looking at you, Block) while others are just so bad. Passing skills in particular need a major overhaul I think.

Personally, I'm pissed off about Strong Arm, which as far as I can tell does next to nothing. (+1 to Pass test when throwing a team mate is pretty pointless since the little bugger's gonna go sailing through the air on anything other than a natural 1, anyway. The slightly better chance at landing alive seems negligible.)

It stops wildly inaccurate short throws from happening, better chance at landing and with that also better chance to get SSP for completed passes.
    I just wish that it would still work on normal passing or do something else for not big guys.

honovere on
  • Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Finally finished painting my new Chaos Dwarf (Volmarian) team! Meet the Steel Lords:
    kc9jji4vmqzs.jpg

• Options
    Amazons incoming unless GW throws a curve ball
    292263456_1732999667065800_3066535661912338694_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=9267fe&_nc_ohc=4--YOZgX53MAX8P3z7g&tn=psb0xNyf0Wi29qw0&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.xx&oh=00_AT_WIOljBjSvehIUaDYXk9xON7Ws2lCJiG6kf0O4Ptg1zg&oe=62CCA0E3

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Could be pirate-themed vampire coast undead.
    Vampire officers, scurvy thralls, Zombie Kroxigor in a tricorn hat, that sort of thing…

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited July 2022
    Good timing of me to have kickstarted a third-party amazon team, then.

I'm either facetious or sincere; I don't even know myself

[Expletive deleted] on
    Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    We'll, either way you get new rules for your third party team.

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular

Guess it would depend on if you like the rules.

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular

Guess it would depend on if you like the rules.

Sure, but mostly it will depend if the team I bought can be used for whatever new positionals are created for newmazons.

In the minus column already is that the KS team is (almost certainly) more expensive, and I won't get it until Christmas.

In the plus column is that it could also be used as a human or norse team, 'cause I added a few extra minis.

• Options
    TastyfishTastyfish Registered User regular
    edited July 2022
    I'm definitely ready for this one to be a bit wild, skinny and mean halflings and all. Wouldn't be suprised that if you like the older amazon aesthetic, that kickstarter is probably a good bet and these guys look a bit more like they've come straight out of Warcry.

Tastyfish on
  • Options
    y0ffd7ljujcm.jpeg

Amazon team reveal article.

They look pretty good to me. Interesting aesthetic. Great that they actually look like athletes, which is a refreshing change from most of the not-Amazon teams I’ve seen out there.

• Options
    Interesting, from the article it sounds like they have Blockers in place of Catchers now. Will be interesting to see how they updated their rules.

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited July 2022
    Very interesting look, I like the design a lot, I might have to pick up a team

Now make Chaos Dwarfs :P

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    Thing is, now I’m wondering if the snakes actually have rules? Like maybe Stab?

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Do/ have the Amazons ever had a Big Guy for their team?

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    Do/ have the Amazons ever had a Big Guy for their team?

Nope, but there have been some big guy Star Players they can hire.

• Options
    LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    While I like those Amazons in general, something felt off about them... finally put my finger on it: I miss the skull-helmets they used to have.

The hair also feels very Witch Elf-y, which is neat - but unexpected.

• Options
    I'm guessing 0-2 blitzers, 0-2 blockers, 0-2 throwers, plus linewomen.

Kickstarted team should be more than ok with this.

• Options
    Aren’t there at least three blockers in the splash pictures?
    Still hoping for a jungle treeman or maybe a kroxigor as a Big Guy though.

• Options
    Mr_Rose wrote: »

Yeah, judging by the headgear and other details there are 2 blitzers, 2 throwers, 4 blockers.

Article also mentions that they play the way as they defend their their homelands implying a refocus on defense

• Options

Yeah, judging by the headgear and other details there are 2 blitzers, 2 throwers, 4 blockers.

Article also mentions that they play the way as they defend their their homelands implying a refocus on defense

cuqrs2j4ssa91.jpg

In the box are
    • 2 with snakes (throwers)
    • 2 with large claws
    • 2 without claws
    • 6 with small claws

The only way that makes sense are that the small claw ladies are linewomen, and the large claws are blockers or blitzers and the no claws are blitzers or blockers.

(You could be allowed more positionals than are in the box, but box contents are pretty obvious.)

• Options
    2x Large claws and long hair: blitzer (piranha warriors)
    2x now claws and snakes: thrower (python warriors)
    At first I thought the golden headgear and small claws would be the jaguar blockers, but with 6 of them in the box that wouldn't make sense, so the jaguars are actually the ones with the least extra stuff on them, which is a bit weird. But maybe they're going with wrestle, brawler, stand firm etc., Defensive skills that are not about doing damage

• Options
    I actually think the long claws are the blockers; the claw-less have running poses typical of blitzers. Either way I think it doesn't matter much which figure is which.

I'm pretty confident in my prediction of 0-2 blitzers, 0-2 blockers, 0-2 throwers, plus linewomen.

• Options
    Yeah that makes sense. Be very interesting to see what they’ve done now. New skills across the board?

• Options
    Current design seems to like to shake things up a bit, so I could see something like lots of Defensive or something like that

• Options
    Dodge and Brawler would be a good combo on a defensive blocker without going full blodge. Same for Fend. Defensive is, well, as it says but I don’t think it fits on a Blocker; it would be a better fit for the line, no?

• Options
    LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    New Snakeman Star Player for the Amazons on WarCom, Boa Kon’ssstriktr.

DLNFJeFk5apI4GMm.jpg

"This sashaying serpent is the first Snakeman in Blood Bowl, from a race we haven’t seen on or off the pitch in quite some time."

Interesting to me is the fact that the face is pretty consistent with 40k's Drukhari Sslyth Bodyguard. Sadly, only two arms though - especially considering he has the Safe Pair of Hands ability, it would have been fun to also have four.

• Options
    Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    I might have to pick up Boa just to paint it and have him on my desk. Love the model.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    Current design seems to like to shake things up a bit, so I could see something like lots of Defensive or something like that

The guy I usually play with at the club is convinced the current BB designers don't play or know how to play the game (as an explanation for some of the… less well thought through rules); by his logic GW will just pick stats and skills at random.

(I disagree with him, incidentally.)

• Options
    Uh, this seems strong?
    XY072NHPzoXmLbmq.jpg

• Options
    edited July 2022
    Yeah, buuut a) it’s once per game and b) their activation ends immediately so no handoff, no pass, nothing and c) they have to start the activation next to the target. There’s no way for a teammate to grab the ball off them either.
    The target doesn’t even lose their TZ.
    At least Boa’s turn doesn’t end if you try but fail.
    I mean it’s not bad either but it’s not super strong and is heavily situational.
    Still, if you’re good at mind games you could deliberately kick into a corner to get a touchback and go “yoink!” If you manipulate the opponent into putting the ball in the hands of the big guy standing next to Boa of course.

Mr_Rose on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Ken O wrote: »
    I might have to pick up Boa just to paint it and have him on my desk. Love the model.

Why paint it as a boa?
    dwi8hd4rtiq9.png
    3q124dpk23qj.png

• Options
    Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    Haha, I was just calling it by name. With mesmerizing eyes, I think I would have to paint him so he resembled Kaa from Jungle Book.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    Yeah, buuut a) it’s once per game and b) their activation ends immediately so no handoff, no pass, nothing and c) they have to start the activation next to the target. There’s no way for a teammate to grab the ball off them either.
    I mean it’s not bad either but it’s not super strong and is heavily situational.
    Still, if you’re good at mind games you could deliberately kick into a corner to get a touchback and go “yoink!” If you manipulate the opponent into putting the ball in the hands of the big guy standing next to Boa of course.

So the real combo is to use Boa to take the ball for free, and then Hakflem to punch Boa and take the ball from them in order to keep moving upfield!

But honestly having to start next to the ball carrier is the hardest part. Best case scenario you're pushing the ball carrier into base with them, because any other case they've made a terrible mistake to allow you to base their ball carrier with Boa and then didn't get away somehow. Even then, being able to get a hit on a ball carrier probably means your opponent did something wrong anyway! Does suggest the team wants to be in a messy, dense scrum to be able to do these pushes though.

• Options

So the real combo is to use Boa to take the ball for free, and then Hakflem to punch Boa and take the ball from them in order to keep moving upfield!

But honestly having to start next to the ball carrier is the hardest part. Best case scenario you're pushing the ball carrier into base with them, because any other case they've made a terrible mistake to allow you to base their ball carrier with Boa and then didn't get away somehow. Even then, being able to get a hit on a ball carrier probably means your opponent did something wrong anyway! Does suggest the team wants to be in a messy, dense scrum to be able to do these pushes though.

It seems like something you'd be lucky to pull off once. Hope Boa is otherwise good and priced appropriately.

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Depends on the team . This would be absolutely devastating with low agi teams that are trying to score to win/draw. Cause even if they get the ball lose they have to roll dice to pick it up and somehow protect it / make it to the end zone on low movement . Seems like a turn 14/15 ability to seal the game if you can manage . Khemri , nurgle and company in particular would absolutely fucking hate this . Least I would think so.

• Options
    I'm actually way more interested in the Amazons than I thought I'd be

• Options
    If anyone's curious, here's the team I kickstarted (by Spanish Waia Games):

FULL-TEAM-THE-JACKASS-KILLERS.jpg

• Options
    The “baleful hex” is just her throwing one of her frogs at someone, isn’t it?

But still, that’s a pretty solid special power; I think I’d take “free, ranged hypno gaze” over the snake’s highly situational yoink.