As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PA Comic] Friday, April 12, 2013 - Emulator, Part Two

GethGeth LegionPerseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
edited April 2013 in The Penny Arcade Hub

• Options
    TAFKAPTAFKAP Warrior-Jumper Registered User regular
    Birthday comic. I am pleased with my free entertainment.

• Options
    BertezBertezBertezBertez Registered User regular
    This comic put a huge smile on my face. Just how enthusiastic he is about the warrior-jumper.

...but I would say that

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    I'm assuming it would be some sort of wuxia-style monk. Hey, it's not like Thief-Acrobat made any more sense.

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    DruexDruex Registered User regular
    I'm guessing warrior-jumper doesn't ask how high, he just goes with his gut.

"It would be a sad error in judgement to mistake me for a corpse" - Kane : Tiberian Sun
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I wanna homebrew a Warrior-Jumper for 3.5/Pathfinder now.

• Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    65Kkx7k.jpg

Jump jump

everybody

jump jump

You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    I wanna homebrew a Warrior-Jumper for 3.5/Pathfinder now.

I'm sure that the complete job list from Final Fantasy has dozens of incarnations for those systems.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Daggerma'am

Warrior-Jumper sounds like the best class though.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    Grey PaladinGrey Paladin Registered User regular
    Daggerma'am
    Yes.
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible." - T.E. Lawrence
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    I WANT TO BE A WARRIOR JUMPER

• Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    Straight up a daggerman.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    shpelleyshpelley Registered User new member
    I'd totally be a Warrior-Jumper

• Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    I'm assuming that Warrior-Jumper is an attempt to make Mario into an RPG class.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    The first thing that came to mind for Warrior-jumper was the FFT Lancer class as well

h5 Tarranon

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    metroidkillahmetroidkillah Local Bunman Free Country, USARegistered User regular
    As soon as I read "warrior-Jumper", I thought of the Dragoon from Final Fantasy IV (and so did a lot of other people, apparently). Although, it may be a class of fighter that jumps over other warriors as a combat technique.

And Daggerman sounds awesome.

I'm not a nice guy, I just play one in real life.
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Warrior jumper clearly dev's personal class. Must be over powered.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    My first thought was Dragoon as well. Of course, I was playing FFIV around the same age that Young Gabe probably is now.

Another possibility is a warrior with a jump pack. Or perhaps an assault trooper from 40k.

• Options
    JayeEmmJayeEmm New HampShireRegistered User regular
    I shall be a daggerma'am, and my name shall be: Ladyblades. Let's do this.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Adorable

Daggerman yo.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    where's the magic class

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Twist: the Warrior-Jumper is actually a sneak-attack style rogue, who specializes in jumping warriors.

• Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    Haha that is one excited kid

• Options
    El GuacoEl Guaco Registered User regular
    Tarranon wrote: »

Jump jump

everybody

jump jump

I'm totally going to have to listen to that song now or it will be stuck in my head all day.

• Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    Richard Daggerman, Esq.

• Options
    JoshimodoJoshimodo Registered User regular
    Green wrote: »
    Richard Daggerman

Dick Daggerman?

zpuserbar.gif

ZombiePimps XBL Community | Design Portfolio | GuildWars 2 Guild

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: ZP Xai Xo | Steam ID: Joshimodo
  • Options
    Fatty McBeardoFatty McBeardo Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Warrior-Jumper.

I'm intrigued, kid. Please continue.

Fatty McBeardo on
  • Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    I always played the daggerman.

• Options
    Roger WilcoRoger Wilco Registered User regular
    so far my fear from the last comic that his son making a game is only interesting to him, seems to be justified. This comic wasn't interesting, and it wasn't funny. The whole thing is just "Hey guys look. My kid played a bunch of games, and then copied the ideas down onto a piece of paper! Isn't that amazing?" Not really, no. But I'm kind of curious where this is going. He said there were 6 comics in this arc, right? (Dear Lord in Heaven.) So something else must be about to happen. It can't just be six comics of his son describing his cliche rpg concepts..can it?

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Oh I didn't know this was "Penny Arcade by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins for Roger Wilco xoxo."

• Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    so far my fear from the last comic that his son making a game is only interesting to him, seems to be justified. This comic wasn't interesting, and it wasn't funny. The whole thing is just "Hey guys look. My kid played a bunch of games, and then copied the ideas down onto a piece of paper! Isn't that amazing?" Not really, no. But I'm kind of curious where this is going. He said there were 6 comics in this arc, right? (Dear Lord in Heaven.) So something else must be about to happen. It can't just be six comics of his son describing his cliche rpg concepts..can it?

Some of us enjoy seeing this sort of thing. Clearly, you do not.

Different strokes!

WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options

So you don't enjoy Penny-Arcade. That's cool. The forums cover a wide range of subject material, so there is probably something around here to interest you. Perhaps the threads about something you don't like aren't the best places to be?

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Since we have already discussed FFIV, I feel like I should jump in here and mention that the original FFII SNES translation listed Yang as "Karate Man" instead of Monk.

Daggerman is obviously a mistranslation of the Rogue class.

• Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    Peccavi wrote: »
    I always played the daggerman.

"As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be a daggerman"

You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    Been daggermanning since aught two.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Daggermancer

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    I like this comic. Also this storyline makes a lot more sense now - somehow I had gotten the impression little Gabe was making a video/computer game, not a tabletop game :P Which seemed really impressive for someone so young :)

Edit: Also I hope Warrior-Jumper can do cool jumping moves. That would be awesome.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    ShinyRedKnightShinyRedKnight Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    I remember when I started reading Penny-Arcade... and now they're here. Bah I got something in my eye.

Edit: Getting my RPG stuff out because of this strip. Time to create an adventure!

ShinyRedKnight on
    steam_sig.png
    PSN: ShinyRedKnight Xbox Live: ShinyRedKnight
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular

His cliche warrior jumper?

Cry more babby

• Options
    There's just something... wrong about boiling a small child's attempt to emulate and make his father proud to "copying ideas down on paper" and "cliche rpg concepts".

Like, it's straight up asshole...ly behavior. Borderline apalling.