As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Magical Mystery Tour 2013: prePAX adventuring [SCHEDULE POSTED]

13»

• Options
    LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    ifra88 wrote: »
    I only voted for one stop. ;)

Depending on what the highest votes are for we might only be able to hit one or two of them each day depending on length

Yeah - it was kind of an inside joke. Sorry about that. You'll understand if you make it to that particular stop. :)

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • Options
    ifra88ifra88 CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2013
    ifra88 wrote: »
    I only voted for one stop. ;)

Depending on what the highest votes are for we might only be able to hit one or two of them each day depending on length

Yeah - it was kind of an inside joke. Sorry about that. You'll understand if you make it to that particular stop. :)

Oh no. I'm sorry! I didn't mean anything by it. (Foot in mouth) I hope that one place gets chosen so I can understand too =)

ifra88 on
  • Options
    LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    @Punzie - it's too late to add on for this year, but here's a suggestion for next year's list:

The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation Visitor Center
    http://www.gatesfoundation.org/Who-We-Are/General-Information/Visitor-Center

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • Options
    punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Buttons have been ordered thanks to some help from Lewie P's Mummy and nyankokimi. Hopefully they will be waiting for me in Seattle when I get there. The buttons, that is. I know those lovely ladies aren't attending this year :(

I'm calling the voting now. I'll work on the schedule sometime in the next couple days.
    @Punzie - it's too late to add on for this year, but here's a suggestion for next year's list:

The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation Visitor Center
    http://www.gatesfoundation.org/Who-We-Are/General-Information/Visitor-Center

Dang it! I thought about that when I was looking at something else and then immediately forgot to look into it. Next year, next year.

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    A note about Seattle buses: if you've been with us in the past, you probably remember the buses being free downtown. Unfortunately they've done away with the free zone. Be prepared to pay $2.25 every time we take the bus. Please bring small bills. Unless you get an orca card.

Edit: transfer tickets are good for 2 hours. We'll be sure to get one each time we pay for a bus ride and then we won't have to pay if we ride again in that 2 hour window.

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
  • Options
    SerenitySerenity Registered User regular
    Hmmm, can't wait to see what is picked!
    I'll go through the events when I have a bit more time but the list looks great.

Something that we may want to include next year is the living computer museum.

qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    jjjewelsjjjewels TorontoRegistered User regular
    Any word on when the schedules will be up? Trying to finalize our tourist activities for Wed/Thurs.

• Options
    PerfectLizardPerfectLizard Edmonton, Alberta, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Yes. The suspense is terrible.

I'm hoping I can join up sometime on Wednesday afternoon once I can toss my luggage in my hotel room.

PerfectLizard on
  • Options
    ifra88ifra88 CanadaRegistered User regular
    Yes. The suspense is terrible.

I'm hoping I can join up sometime on Wednesday afternoon once I can toss my luggage in my hotel room.

Sadly we won't be in Seattle until 8:00pm that night. Hopefully we will be able to meet up with everyone on Thursday.

• Options
    We land tomorrow afternoon and have left Wednesday and Thursday open for all kinds of shenanigans. Can't wait!

• Options
    CtrlAltDftCtrlAltDft Luis Registered User regular
    The suspense!

• Options
    Baka AlBaka Al Registered User regular
    Well, it's definetly putting the mystery into the MMT this year!
    Looking forward to seeing you guys tomorrow..
    Now to survive a nice soothing trans Atlantic & continent flight..

• Options
    MasterHeliosMasterHelios Registered User regular
    Mystery tour indeed! Glad to see this is still going on. Hello everybody!

I'm awfully busy this week what with taking the four day weekend, but I'll be following the twitter. Maybe I'll stop in and say hi for lunch or something if you're all nearby.

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    お前はもう
    死んでいる
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Omg you guys. Is this tomorrow? Good thing I have a schedule for us :oops:

Wednesday:
    08:30a Pike Place Market
    09:00a travel time (#29)
    09:30a Underground Tour
    11:30a lunch (Pioneer Square)
    12:30p travel time (#16, #11)
    02:00p Japanese Garden
    03:30p travel time (#11, #18)
    04:30p Full Tilt (Ballard location)

Thursday:
    09:00a Pike Place Market
    10:00a travel time (walk)
    10:30a Duck Tour
    12:00p lunch (Westlake Center)
    01:00p travel time (monorail)
    01:30p choose your own adventure in Seattle Center

Notes:
    - I think Wednesday's lunch might be a time crunch but if I give us more time, we won't get to the Japanese garden. I encourage you to buy something mobile, bring a packed lunch, eat a big breakfast, or whatever else.
    - Full Tilt is right next to Cafe Mox/Card Kingdom so after you have your fill of ice cream and pinball, you can easily go get your board game on (and eat in case you skipped lunch). It is also near Old Ballard Liquor Co so you can go have drink also/instead of ice cream. (Hint: if you already have your pax badge, take it with you to Old Ballard.)
    - Please bring cash! We have a couple bus trips on Wednesday and some places will give us a group discount if we buy our tickets as a group. Buying as a group also makes the ticket buying process a lot faster.
    Baka Al wrote: »

You stole my joke.

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
  • Options
    ramen215ramen215 Registered User regular
    punzie wrote: »
    Omg you guys. Is this tomorrow? Good thing I have a schedule for us :oops:

Wednesday:
    08:30a Pike Place Market
    09:00a travel time (#29)
    09:30a Underground Tour
    11:30a lunch (Pioneer Square)
    12:30p travel time (#16, #11)
    02:00p Japanese Garden
    03:30p travel time (#11, #18)
    04:30p Full Tilt (Ballard location)

Thursday:
    09:00a Pike Place Market
    10:00a travel time (walk)
    10:30a Duck Tour
    12:00p lunch (Westlake Center)
    01:00p travel time (monorail)
    01:30p choose your own adventure in Seattle Center

Notes:
    - I think Wednesday's lunch might be a time crunch but if I give us more time, we won't get to the Japanese garden. I encourage you to buy something mobile, bring a packed lunch, eat a big breakfast, or whatever else.
    - Full Tilt is right next to Cafe Mox/Card Kingdom so after you have your fill of ice cream and pinball, you can easily go get your board game on (and eat in case you skipped lunch). It is also near Old Ballard Liquor Co so you can go have drink also/instead of ice cream. (Hint: if you already have your pax badge, take it with you to Old Ballard.)
    - Please bring cash! We have a couple bus trips on Wednesday and some places will give us a group discount if we buy our tickets as a group. Buying as a group also makes the ticket buying process a lot faster.

You stole my joke.

I hope to actually tag along this year on Thursday :) See you all then!

Track Record: ~Prime '12 Prime '13
  • Options
    PERFECT! See you Thursday. Is there a specific place to meet at Pike Place at 9am? (If it has already been posted, my apologies).

• Options
    jBusyjBusy Registered User regular
    jjjewels wrote: »
    PERFECT! See you Thursday. Is there a specific place to meet at Pike Place at 9am? (If it has already been posted, my apologies).

There's a statue of a large pig at Pike Place. We usually meet there.

• Options
    shadowscoutshadowscout Registered User regular
    Now to survive a nice soothing trans Atlantic & continent flight..

well in that case I hope your not flying united like I am, (28 hour total trip time with 7.5 hours in newark ick)

anyway on-topic hope to be able to jump in for some of this :)

• Options
    Baka AlBaka Al Registered User regular
    @shadowscout. No, I tend to fly KLM/ Delta.. Normally don't have any problems, aside from someone parking a 747 in my flights gate, meaning I had 45 minutes to hightail it halfway across Amsterdammn airport..
    But made it as now sat safely in hotel room.

@Punzie.. Sorry couldn't resist this morning (oh god, it's still Tuesday isn't it?)

Anyway, I shall see you all around the pig tomorrow then!

• Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    I can't make it to the MMT this year. Have fun guys!

jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    Ack! I forgot the meeting place is not a thing everyone just knows. Walk down pike st until you can't go anymore. We'll be behind some delivery trucks, in front of the fish throwers.

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    PerfectLizardPerfectLizard Edmonton, Alberta, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Hooray for the schedule! It's glorious! Look at its majesty.

Hopefully I can meet you all at Full Tilt. If not, see you on Thursday!

PerfectLizard on
  • Options
    MasterHeliosMasterHelios Registered User regular
    Oh, you're gonna be at Full Tilt? That place is awesome. I'll see if I can meet you guys there and say hi.

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    お前はもう
    死んでいる
  • Options
    Loongy22Loongy22 Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    I'll be joining you guys on Thursday at Westlake center because that's the earliest I get in :( Could I get someone's contact number so I can get a hold of someone in the group? Or where are you guys meeting/eating in Westlake center?

Loongy22 on
  • Options
    I do not give out personal contact info any more as it has been abused in the past. The twitter feed (pax_mmt) is the best way to keep up with where we are. We'll be eating in the food court at westlake and then taking the monorail. You should be able to spot the large group of geeks fairly easily.

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    Loongy22Loongy22 Registered User regular
    Got it, thanks!

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    This was pretty great, and I had only popped in blind for the Seattle Center on Thursday.
    I had a great time and got to hung out with some cool folks that I wouldn't have met otherwise for the rest of the show.
    Thanks for setting this up, you fine people!

VayBJ4e.png