As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

2013 Registration is SOLD OUT - sellout FAQ in the OP

1404142434446»

• Options
    NoxnoctisNoxnoctis Registered User regular
    Lol, same.

• Options
    rnicollrnicoll Registered User regular
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    A hangar at boeing is a new idea I haven't seen and would like to see more discussion of.

Not saying it's impossible, but things that occur off the top of my head:

What catering facilities are available for 70k+ people? Same question for bathroom facilities.

Are there any hotels nearby? If not, what's the transport logistics for getting people there and back? Even if you run constant streams of coaches, is the road up to that throughput?

What's the power/Internet like for the exhibitors?

What's safety like (are there any issues with stopping people wandering places they shouldn't be?)

Where are talks held?

That's just my first set of questions, I've got more if those aren't show-stoppers.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2013
    We're not using this thread to talk about an airplane hangar.

zerzhul on
  • Options
    LinkavichLinkavich Gary Motha-Fuckin Oak Registered User regular
    Would this be the proper thread to ask for advice on plane tickets? I've been shopping around and getting varying prices depending on the day, but overall the price is the same across every site I visit on that day. Anybody able to advise me on a good site to get a cheaper flight out of Louisiana?

I'm a turtle wrangler. I wrangle turtles.
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    Linkavich wrote: »
    Would this be the proper thread to ask for advice on plane tickets? I've been shopping around and getting varying prices depending on the day, but overall the price is the same across every site I visit on that day. Anybody able to advise me on a good site to get a cheaper flight out of Louisiana?

No, this is not a general FAQ or travel thread. Please refer to the FAQ that has been stickied at the top of this forum.

E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    LinkavichLinkavich Gary Motha-Fuckin Oak Registered User regular
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    Linkavich wrote: »

No, this is not a general FAQ or travel thread. Please refer to the FAQ that has been stickied at the top of this forum.

Must have clicked the wrong thread, I thought I did click the FAQ.

I'm a turtle wrangler. I wrangle turtles.
  • Options
    redactedstringredactedstring Registered User new member
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    A hangar at boeing is a new idea I haven't seen and would like to see more discussion of.

I used to work there and there are tonnes of reasons this won't work. Security risks first and foremost, not enough restrooms, the chemical fumes are unavoidable, and Boeing didn't even shut everything down for a full shift when Obama visited so there would be planes and plane building equipment everywhere. Boeing is as big as a small city, and it's a city that never sleeps. Maybe if they make good on their threat to move everything to non-union states, they could sell off the plant and it could, with a lot of work, be refurbished into a large convention center, but I doubt that'll happen any time soon.

• Options
    ShocknaShockna Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    We're not using this thread to talk about an airplane hangar.

That this post was necessary encapsulates the madness this thread has been throughout.

• Options
    MerlinzeroMerlinzero Registered User regular
    OK you' can't really Do a private business for your facilities. Other thoughts would be ShoWare in Kent, or Comcast in Everett. but both have issues. How would you break it off for Forums and discussions. Besides all of this, PAX is a quintessential SEATTLE thing. there is something special about being downtown with everyone else. Your other options would be the CenturyLink Event Center, but I think that is smaller then the WSCC.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I'll consider re-opening this thread if the reclaimed badges end up back on sale. Until then,

Geth, close this thread.

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative zerzhul. Closing thread...

This discussion has been closed.