Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Cant PM someone with a comma in thier name

halkunhalkun Registered User regular
@I'm An Elk, Shoot Me -- can't receive PMs because of a comma in the username. I'm reporting it so that it doesn't look like that that person is requesting a name change (It's a very scary thing to ask for!) and if it looks like I'm asking to change the name, I'll take the hit and not Elk.

Can you fix this, or get with Elk to have the name changed?

Because I work in tech support and they all like screenshots. I have a pic here showing the exact problem. It's not the @ that's the issue, rather the New Message "Recipients" field is parsing the comma incorrectly.

wVo0Rgr.png
halkun on

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
  • halkunhalkun Registered User regular
    more info: The quote workaround doesn't work either.
    Screenshot here. We get an recipient error.

wVo0Rgr.png
  • I'm An Elk; Shoot MeI'm An Elk; Shoot Me It's Fiddler Crab Season! Registered User regular
    Just got another post from someone saying they tried to PM me but couldn't.

I'm sorry guys.

• TubeTube Administrator, ClubPA admin
    I should have fixed this a long time ago, sorry. Let's try some stuff out.

Hobnail wrote: »
    This forum has taken everything from me
  • I'm An Elk; Shoot MeI'm An Elk; Shoot Me It's Fiddler Crab Season! Registered User regular
    YAY MY COLON

Dark Raven XHenroidAthenorCambiata
  • TubeTube Administrator, ClubPA admin
    I should clarify that anyone who has a name that is actively fucking with their use of the forum from a technical point of view should feel free to contact me about a name change. Normal evisceration policies do not apply.

"I don't like my name!" or "I acted like a douche with this name and now everyone hates me!" are not technical problems.

Hobnail wrote: »
    This forum has taken everything from me
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    YAY MY COLON

(NSFW Language)

Athenor on
    Official member of the Grilling Gentry
    "Brevity is the soul of getting your shit read." - Tube
    Rarely-updated Collecting blog
    He/Him
    agoaj