As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

world record [chat]

1929394959698»

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    @thomamelas

The aoe taunt for guardian is Insta-cast right?

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    SanderJK wrote: »
    I wouldn't even recommend playing Fable once.

Go play Alpha Protocol instead (just pick guns to make the games sometimes wonky combat a non-issue)
    Or FO:NV.

Or NWN2:MotB or Vampire:Bloodlines

Bloodlines didn't let you make choices with lasting effects. You do a quest and nothing changes in the city afterwards. Maybe Fat Larry will give you a discount at most.

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    You guuuuuuuuuuuys, I want thiiiiiiis

vAqXLIJ.png

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    i just had a monster poop at work

i feel so much better omg

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    SanderJK wrote: »
    I wouldn't even recommend playing Fable once.

Go play Alpha Protocol instead (just pick guns to make the games sometimes wonky combat a non-issue)
    Or FO:NV.

Fable 3, specifically.

The original Fable was awesome. I didn't really care for Fable 2, but I hear a lot of people liked it.

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    that's way too elaborate mim :-o

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    that's way too elaborate mim :-o

It's AWESOME.

It's also my favorite planet.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I am still not sold on Wildstar. The actual videos of people playing makes it reek of WoW clone. And the whole bringing back 40 man raids which is an awful idea.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Fable 2 was okay up until the fucking last third of the game. Then it was a horrible annoying bullshit fest and I never even got to kill reaver that twat.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Hamurabi wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    I really like Dragon Age. It's a very good bioware rpg, which is basically a subgenre. story and dialogue driven, very unsandboxy. That kind of thing.

Bethesda makes some pretty places to explore. Their problem is, beyond the gameplay problems, is that it is a place inhabited by cardboard cutouts animated with string by an unseen insane and incoherent puppeteer. Who is also lazy.

mash them together. An open world story and dialogue driven RPG. Bioware breathes life into the characters. Bethesda sprinkles their makepretty dust on the landscape.

best bits of the ideamakers for settings from both gets jumbled together. The boring gets excised with fire.

This would take $texas years and $alaska dollars to develop. The Tradeoff Triangle exists for a reason.

Fast, Good, Cheap.

Actually, this game already exists. Its called Acanum, and its one of the greatest games ever made.

I am not the least bit surprised that this is your favorite game.

I love it, but I'm not in the "Arcanum is number 1" camp. Planescape Torment has always been my favorite. Here are my favorite PC RPGs (in no particular order)

Planescape: Torment
    Fallout1/2/NV
    Baldurs Gate 1/2
    Arcanum
    Vampire:Bloodlines
    NWN2:Mask of the Betrayer
    KOTOR2
    Betrayal at Krondor
    Darklands
    Darksun 1/2

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    Alpha Protocol was unplayable on PC.

I am baffled by the inability to save whenever...

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    guys I found an artist's rendition of SKFM talking about RPGs

tumblr_lvxhzrMX421r4d22do1_400.jpg

• Options
    HamurabiHamurabi MiamiRegistered User regular
    Yeah, my friend's cousin's girlfriend's stepdad worked for the KOTOR2 publisher. He said the publisher gave Obsidian all the time they wanted, but Obsidian was just so money-greedy that they pushed the game out the door.

Also: Obsidian uses live puppies as target practice.

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    I am pretty pessimistic about the MMO genre in the near future. Not enough change. GW2 engaged me the most out of any I've tried, and I've tried most of them, but it still doesn't have everything it needs. It would be nice if EVE was used as a template instead of WoW.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Oh yeah, another random bit on Skyrim.

If you clear out some of the forts it will be taken over by Imperials or Rebels.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Cass, the combat is kind of Tera light. I think Echo described it as semi-MOBA like which makes sense.

You have two basic attacks on your mouse, 3 encounter powers which are short cooldowns on qwr, a special on tab and a daily which is a long cooldown/action points based on 1.

It is real time and requires some dodging and attention. Each class plays different. My rogue is mostly balls to the walls damage while my wizard ccs half of the things and nukes the rest. Guardian fighters have an active block. Clerics heal and call down holy fire. Great weapon fighters I think charge and aoe.

Re: GW, yes you have the gist

1. Do your leapy charge
    2. Prepare to melee aoe
    3. Watch mages force push the mobs out of your reach right before your attack goes off

: p

As a Guardian Fighter my opening is Mark(If it's a bigger guy), charge, AoE taunt for damage.

It is my nature to do melee damage alongside a tank.

It is my true calling!

Also the GW fighter daily where you leap into the air and vanish for a second takes a long time, but knocking down everything on the screen with a huge BOOM is hi-larious.

There's an ability I haven't picked up yet that's a pommel bash to a single target to knock prone. I was trying to concentrate on peeling trash off our casters and clerics last night and I think that ability could be good to use liberally when mobs are going where they're not wanted.

Given the default behavior of casters who get aggro is to run around like a crazy person in a set of random directions that excludes towards the tank, I think that's a fine idea.

Indeed

I figure the tank has enough to worry about and unlike my wow rogue days I have scale armor at least, ability to aoe, and can pop my Adderall tab button to go high speed and resist damage.

The sooner the cleric isn't saving himself and casters aren't flinging mobs in one direction while blinking the other the soone they can heal / DPS. My survivability is fine and I'm taking passives to help run speed and stamina. Need to maximize ability to get from A to B and back to the fight.

Also I want a dog companion :l

I'm still trying to nail down tanking but it looks like this is going to be more of school of "Tank grabs the big guy, maybe a few adds and DPS is on their own with the rest". Also having a literal healbot focused on healing me gives a bit of flexibility.

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    I am still not sold on Wildstar. The actual videos of people playing makes it reek of WoW clone. And the whole bringing back 40 man raids which is an awful idea.

and the housing is instanced

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    geth, recycle the thread at 100 pages

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    @Shazkar Shadowstorm will create the new thread
    @Tav is backup

This discussion has been closed.