As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus | Steam Sale | Tremendous Video Game | Fuck Nazis

• Options
    ThirithThirith Registered User regular
    As much as I enjoyed The New Order, I wonder if a sequel could top that game's weird but effective blend of over-the-top Tarantinoisms and introspective melancholy. Better to continue with a different main character IMO and perhaps make BJ an NPC.

webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
    "Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Sorce wrote: »
    Or
    Maybe a future sequel has B.J.'s kid in the starring role? Because B.J. and Anya seemed to be going at it pretty vigorously and often, even though I doubt there was a whole lot in the way of prophylactics.

Regardless, there's definitely room for a sequel. Like, the head has definitely been cut off the Nazi military, but that doesn't save the planet.
    I believe Anya is, like, sterile or something after the shit "her cousin" went through aborting her Nazi fetus

I could be misremembering ofc

BRIAN BLESSED on
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Sequel needs to show the US under Nazi occupation. We didn't get any of that in TNO, and if Amazon's The Man In The High Castle adaption picks up popularity it would be happening at the right time.

Gaslight on
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    Or
    Maybe a future sequel has B.J.'s kid in the starring role? Because B.J. and Anya seemed to be going at it pretty vigorously and often, even though I doubt there was a whole lot in the way of prophylactics.

Regardless, there's definitely room for a sequel. Like, the head has definitely been cut off the Nazi military, but that doesn't save the planet.
    I believe Anya is, like, sterile or something after the shit "her cousin" went through aborting her Nazi fetus

I could be misremembering ofc
    Very true. A chemical-based abortion could wreak havoc on her system, so she may not even be capable of having kids. But I don't think that was confirmed either way, just that it was painful and the fetus was aborted.

sig.gif
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Gaslight wrote: »
    Sequel needs to show the US under Nazi occupation. We didn't get any of that in TNO, and if Amazon's The Man In The High Castle adaption picks up popularity it would be happening at the right time.

Please. I want to take a tour of neo-40s America while killing Nazis. I want to blow up Mount Nazimore, I want to kill nazis at the Grand Canyon, I want to raid the Nazi human experimentation lab at Alcatraz, I want to see the nuclear rubble that was New York City, I want to finish the game by sparta kicking Hitler off of the Hoover Dam and watching him plummet 700 feet to his death.

• Options
    yossarian_livesyossarian_lives Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    No, no, no, you're doing it wrong. You don't want 40s America occupied by Nazis. 80s America would be so much better.

*Edit*
    Here's a visual:
    0HfkX33.jpg?1

yossarian_lives on
    "I see everything twice!"

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    You could just re-release Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon and replace the enemy soldiers with Nazis and get something similar.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Gaslight wrote: »

Please. I want to take a tour of neo-40s America while killing Nazis. I want to blow up Mount Nazimore, I want to kill nazis at the Grand Canyon, I want to raid the Nazi human experimentation lab at Alcatraz, I want to see the nuclear rubble that was New York City, I want to finish the game by sparta kicking Hitler off of the Hoover Dam and watching him plummet 700 feet to his death.
    And of course, the weather balloon incident at Roswell happened in 1947, so Area 51 could be another viable "Get your ass to space" mission like we got in TNO.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Igpx407Igpx407 Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Anyone excited for the extremely likely reveal of the sequel this weekend? A release date of 10/27/17 got outed by Amazon.de so it seems like a guarantee at this point.

Edit: The link is dead, but there are screenshots of the Amazon listing out there.

Igpx407 on
  • Options
    Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    Oh fuck! Well now that I know about it I am.

Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Yes, more Wolfenstein plz

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    I do believe I am ready and prepared to punch some Nazis.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Hellboy-Beating-the-Crap-Out-of-Kriegaffe-Number-Ten-A.jpg

• Options
    PMAvers wrote: »
    We doesn't just punch Nazis. We stab, crush, ventilate, choke, vaporize, immolate and explode Nazis, just as God intended.

• Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    We doesn't just punch Nazis. We stab, crush, ventilate, choke, vaporize, immolate and explode Nazis, just as God intended.

Now, I don't know about y'all, but I sure as hell didn't come down from the goddamn Smoky Mountains, cross five thousand miles of water, fight my way through half of Sicily and jump out of a fuckin' air-o-plane to teach the Nazis lessons in humanity. Nazi ain't got no humanity. They're the foot soldiers of a Jew-hatin', mass murderin' maniac, and they need to be dee-stroyed.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    CaptainNemo on
    PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    gotta invade the thread with this one.

• Options
    danxdanx Registered User regular
    They better let us punch at least one Nazi in the face in the game.

• Options
    danx wrote: »
    They better let us punch at least one Nazi in the face in the game.

oh, achievement for a melee only run!

• Options
    danxdanx Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Glad it looks like they're not shying away from the stuff they referenced in the first one wrt to racism
    in America.

Based on the trailer at least.

edit: Trailer spoilers

danx on
  • Options
    This was crazy to wake up to. It's weird how relevant a game about killing Nazis has become in 2017, and I really wonder how MachineGames feels about that. I hope some good interviews with them come out of E3. I mean the KKK as Nazi collaborators? God damn.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Igpx407 wrote: »
    This was crazy to wake up to. It's weird how relevant a game about killing Nazis has become in 2017, and I really wonder how MachineGames feels about that. I hope some good interviews with them come out of E3. I mean the KKK as Nazi collaborators? God damn.

I mean....what else would they be?

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    Spoilers from the first game:
    I thought a couple of people in the trailer were allies who died in the original game. I guess they're retconning that?

• Options
    SyphonBlue wrote: »

You're right. I just wasn't expecting them to go that hard in the paint, but I'm very glad they did.

• Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    I thought a couple of people in the trailer were allies who died in the original game. I guess they're retconning that?
    Wyatt and Fergus are the only two that actually died that show up here. I'm assuming it's just a choice like it was in TNO, otherwise that's just weird.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    Mechanical wrote: »
    Wyatt and Fergus are the only two that actually died that show up here. I'm assuming it's just a choice like it was in TNO, otherwise that's just weird.

They probably carry the choice on who lives over from the first game.

• Options
    MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    Or they're doing some sort of weird mind screw. That last part with the bizarro cartoon animal...

"now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Yeah looks like I was remembering wrong.

One thing I like about the game is how it's pissing off Nazis. (Bonus hilarious tweet. Apparently the game series that has been about killing Nazis since 1981 is fulfilling its "diversity quota" by making Nazis the bad guys.)

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    I thought Max Haas died? He saw his dad get killed, he freaked out, he went down? Maybe he just got caught.

I did like that they've apparently listened to the people who played the first game and said 'No, don't give the Iron Man suit to her, give it to me.'
    I mean sure it's great that she gets to walk again, but when you're sending one man to fight an actual army of Nazis, give him the goddamn Iron Man suit.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    klemming wrote: »
    I thought Max Haas died? He saw his dad get killed, he freaked out, he went down? Maybe he just got caught.

I did like that they've apparently listened to the people who played the first game and said 'No, don't give the Iron Man suit to her, give it to me.'
    I mean sure it's great that she gets to walk again, but when you're sending one man to fight an actual army of Nazis, give him the goddamn Iron Man suit.
    I checked and:
    Like you, I thought he did, but Max doesn't die. He gets shot a bunch but later you see him alive and he's still alive by the end of the game. He takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'!

• Options

One thing I like about the game is how it's pissing off Nazis. (Bonus hilarious tweet. Apparently the game series that has been about killing Nazis since 1981 is fulfilling its "diversity quota" by making Nazis the bad guys.)

i think the 'diversity quota' bit is about the inclusion of a single black woman in the game.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Wraith260 wrote: »

i think the 'diversity quota' bit is about the inclusion of a single black woman in the game.

As soon as she showed up twitch chat turned into "omg sjw circlejerk" so I guess the existence of black people is just virtue signaling sjw leftist propaganda.

• Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    SyphonBlue wrote: »

KKK were anti nazi because they were anti-Catholic, which many Austrian nazis and Hitler were or at least brought up in until they started killing Polish clergy for smuggling out something like 800,000 jews and clearly had a problem with the pope who really didn't like them back.

Edit: then again, now remembering the lore, apparently a state sponsored Lutheran Church is the only legal one in the Nazi controlled world now.

Kadoken on
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular

Maybe while BJ was out this time, they were able to find a second? That would be nice.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular

Maybe while BJ was out this time, they were able to find a second? That would be nice.

Based on that trailer I don't put Caroline's odds of survival very high, which might explain that.

• Options
    Looks like they're going Man in the High Castle route by showing just how well fascism can meld with some of the more distasteful aspects of American history/culture. I have a feeling this game is going to really piss off certain people.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I get that it's for the sake of imagery, but I really doubt KKK members would have to hide their faces in this universe

They barely hide their faces now.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    I get that it's for the sake of imagery, but I really doubt KKK members would have to hide their faces in this universe

They barely hide their faces now.
    It's the day of a parade or whatever, they're probably all dressed up for a march.

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Their racist LARPing outfit predates WW2 right?

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    Their racist LARPing outfit predates WW2 right?

Substantially. They were founded in 1865.