Options

MMOTCG: [Hex: Shards of Fate] Ladder System Incoming!

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited January 2016
    The human cleric deck seems worlds ahead of the venen cleric deck.

Inspire > Pray for RNG spidersplosion.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    If these bids I have go through I'll have 4 Phenteos so wooo spider deck on the way. A bunch of people apparently use Reese the Crustcrawler in here though. I can't figure out why, he doesn't seem very synergistic. Monsuun makes sense as he keeps all your creatures alive, but I don't understand reese. Do the worker bots work while he's tunneled?

Looking at something like this: http://hexmeta.com/deck/2206/show

• Options
    gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    People don't use Reese for synergy.

They use him because he's easily the best Sapphire card in the game.

• Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    So I finally beat the hag fight as my human cleric.
    I found her almost unbeatable as diamond/sapphire, so I switched over to diamond/ruby for removing those damn 4/2 Reaver guys. Had to to try 3 or 4 times, finally killed her. I actually stalled about 5 or 6 turns to see if I could revert the frog, but a revert never came up, and she was getting several more creatures out, so I finally had to finish her off without reverting the frog. :(

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    gjaustin wrote: »
    Iolo wrote: »
    38thDoe wrote: »
    I got a card from a quest reward outside of a pack and it is just gone. Can't figure out what happened, but it looked like something that would have been really awesome for my deck.
    There's a few cards bugged at the moment such that they don't appear in the card manager. Awaken, Phenteo's Gift, and Wormoid Hydra are the ones I know of at the moment.

Also, there's apparently a hidden reward in the Hag fight...

Is that the one with the
    invincible 0/1 frog? Is there a reward for removing it from play? Looked like there was a maiden behind it.

Yep
    You have to end the game with her reverted to a Princess card and under your control.

Oh?
    I heard you just have to end the game with her reverted. You don't have to have the card under your control.

I never tried just that, so maybe?

You don't have to take control, just revert. Or at least, I did that and I got kiss of the princess or whatever it is.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    I got a card from a quest reward outside of a pack and it is just gone. Can't figure out what happened, but it looked like something that would have been really awesome for my deck.
    There's a few cards bugged at the moment such that they don't appear in the card manager. Awaken, Phenteo's Gift, and Wormoid Hydra are the ones I know of at the moment.

Also, there's apparently a hidden reward in the Hag fight...

Is that the one with the
    invincible 0/1 frog? Is there a reward for removing it from play? Looked like there was a maiden behind it.

Yep
    You have to end the game with her reverted to a Princess card and under your control.

Oh?
    I heard you just have to end the game with her reverted. You don't have to have the card under your control.

I never tried just that, so maybe?

You don't have to take control, just revert. Or at least, I did that and I got kiss of the princess or whatever it is.

Well that makes my Containment Sphere shenanigans unnecessary!

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I don't have any cards that can revert! Also I can't seem to find what I do after accepting the quest to find the army of myth. There's a new flag but I can't get to it and I've explored every flag I can get to. Do you get a new pack for reclearing the tranquil dream dungeon?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    I don't have any cards that can revert! Also I can't seem to find what I do after accepting the quest to find the army of myth. There's a new flag but I can't get to it and I've explored every flag I can get to. Do you get a new pack for reclearing the tranquil dream dungeon?

Have you been able to cross the second drawbridge? Anyone else in the town able to give you a quest? Any other quests active?

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options

Head south to the forest.

Also, yes. Reclearing the Tranquil Dream gets you another pack.

• Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    I found her almost unbeatable as diamond/sapphire, so I switched over to diamond/ruby for removing those damn 4/2 Reaver guys. Had to to try 3 or 4 times, finally killed her. I actually stalled about 5 or 6 turns to see if I could revert the frog, but a revert never came up, and she was getting several more creatures out, so I finally had to finish her off without reverting the frog. :(

Well, at least you can fight her over and over again if you feel like it.
    My problem is that I can either beat the Hag (sometimes) or revert the frog (sometimes), but never both in the same match.

• Options

Well, at least you can fight her over and over again if you feel like it.
    My problem is that I can either beat the Hag (sometimes) or revert the frog (sometimes), but never both in the same match.

Wooooooo!
    Finally beat the hag with my (admittedly early stages of) necrotic 5-shard deck (which is really more of a mix of the shift stuff they give you with the starter deck, and some of the 5-shard stuff (bought some eye of Lixil's this weekend to bolster it) . Stalled just about as long as I thought I could before pulling a reversion to cast on the frog before killing her. Was reaaalllly lucky that she didn't pull the "Dingler EVERYTHING" card.

Finally got out of the desert (which is why I could make it to the hag). I currently dread going back there to rescue the rest of the gnomes. I'll really need to think more about my strategy before trying that again.

Also, do we have some kind of guidelines on spoilers?

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Hag question:
    Does voiding the frog do the trick?

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    Also, do we have some kind of guidelines on spoilers?

In general, if it's early new campaign stuff I'd say spoil it. After a few weeks it'll be like an MMO. Spoilers are a thing for major events, but what bosses are in the dungeon and how to fight them might not count. Unless you want to go in totally blind and in that case, good luck?

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i'm looking forward to finally playing pvp and seeing how many booster packs i actually have

"oh god" i'll say "i backed at THAT level?"

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    So apparently fighting Level 6 Army of Myth does give you a unique reward, they just gave it an uncommon rarity symbol.

• Options
    Just remember, don't open boosters! If you want to crack packs, do sealed or draft. Sealed Gauntlet if you don't want to sit down for a few hours but would rather queue for a match here and there. Drafting is my preferred way to open packs. Sell your winnings or sell the packs and buy the specific cards you want from that. I think @Thekooleagle checked in the other day and had 100 or so of set 1 lying around.
    Also crack like 10 because it's fun if you have a shitload and I'm a terrible digital cardboard addict

I got my spider deck mostly complete. I still need 2 Reese and I'm hoping I win a bid on a Monsuun, but otherwise it's pretty finished. I managed to win a game in the Gauntlet with it against a Betram robot deck but then couldn't get into another game for an hour. PvE and the late night seems to have seriously dealt a blow to the player pool of constructed.

• Options
    Hag question:
    Does voiding the frog do the trick?

re: The Hag
    I don't believe so. Certainly killing the frog doesn't do it. I haven't voided it though.

• Options
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Just remember, don't open boosters! If you want to crack packs, do sealed or draft. Sealed Gauntlet if you don't want to sit down for a few hours but would rather queue for a match here and there. Drafting is my preferred way to open packs. Sell your winnings or sell the packs and buy the specific cards you want from that. I think @Thekooleagle checked in the other day and had 100 or so of set 1 lying around.
    Also crack like 10 because it's fun if you have a shitload and I'm a terrible digital cardboard addict

I got my spider deck mostly complete. I still need 2 Reese and I'm hoping I win a bid on a Monsuun, but otherwise it's pretty finished. I managed to win a game in the Gauntlet with it against a Betram robot deck but then couldn't get into another game for an hour. PvE and the late night seems to have seriously dealt a blow to the player pool of constructed.

What is sealed gauntlet?

• Options
    SniperGuy wrote: »

What is sealed gauntlet?

The Gauntlets are tournaments you register for but don't have to attend at certain times. Sealed Gauntlet is I think 200 plat and 6 boosters. You open all 6 boosters yourself and make a deck out of them, then queue up to fight other people who have done the same. As with Constructed Gauntlet, 3 losses and you're out, or 5 wins and you're done. The more wins you get the better your reward at the end, plus you keep all the cards you opened regardless of how well you did.

So if you want to try limited (Sealed, or drafting) but don't have time to sit around for a draft, Sealed Gauntlet can be a lot of fun. Although I personally prefer drafting as it's possible to just get a really shitty card pool with sealed, whereas drafting you at least have some control over what you're getting.

• Options
    Thanks. I do remember doing drafts first time around, but had forgotten how much better they are than just cracking open packs. Is there a particular time where drafts tend to pop? I looked at them on Saturday afternoon, and there looked like there was a competitive draft about to go, but considering I'm probably gonna be terrible, I figured I'd wait to see if one would go, but I don't think there was any interest at the time.

Do only competitive ones run frequently?

• Options
    Of course, you can only play sealed with the third set, now. Lots of backers will have hundreds of packs for the first set, which has rotated out of sealed and draft.

• Options
    Of course, you can only play sealed with the third set, now. Lots of backers will have hundreds of packs for the first set, which has rotated out of sealed and draft.

Oh, so drafts are only with the most recent set? Or is it just not with the first set?

• Options
    Yeah they do flashback drafts occasionally, but right now they only run with set 3. However, you can sell some of your set 1 packs to get set 3 packs and probably have some extra plat on the side.

Drafts fire pretty constantly. They can take a few minutes to fill up but seem pretty consistent. Late night is much harder I've been finding, but early afternoon or evening and you should have no problem getting into one. I highly recommend for a first time drafter checking out something like a limited set review. It's not 100% accurate but offers some good perspectives on why certain cards might be better picks than others. And helps you figure out if that first pack rare is actually good. I usually have hexprice open too so I can tell if a certain card might be worth a crapload, even though it's bad for my deck.

Swiss draft to try out the format if you can, then once comfortable go to competitive drafting. Competitive knocks you out after 1 loss, swiss you play all 3 rounds. So it takes a lot longer but gives you a better shot at winning something if you aren't sure what you're doing. Not sure if people queue for those though.

Once Set 4 hits a lot more players will come back.

• Options
    Brutal JBrutal J Sorry! Sorry, I'm sorry. Sorry. Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Hmmmm, can you pass the army of myth without a fight? Because I think I did that and missed out on whatever their reward is. Hurm. I'll have to remember to burn it all down next time.

Pretty much finished the campaign aside from the worm quest, but I did managed to rescue 1 gnome and kill the queen (Righteous Paladin with lifedrain ftw). Not sure if I hate myself enough to want to slam myself up against her more to farm more hydras.

Kind of surprised how much content there is here; going into it, I expected to breeze through it in like 4 hours then wait another year for more.

Brutal J on
  • Options
    Brutal J wrote: »
    Hmmmm, can you pass the army of myth without a fight? Because I think I did that and missed out on whatever their reward is. Hurm. I'll have to remember to burn it all down next time.

Pretty much finished the campaign aside from the worm quest, but I did managed to rescue 1 gnome and kill the queen (Righteous Paladin with lifedrain ftw). Not sure if I hate myself enough to want to slam myself up against her more to farm more hydras.

Kind of surprised how much content there is here; going into it, I expected to breeze through it in like 4 hours then wait another year for more.

When you go back you can choose to fight it again, granting it 1 to 6 starting resources.

Level 1-3: Common Stardust
    Level 4-5: Uncommon Stardust
    Level 6: Rare Stardust + exclusive card

• Options
    edited February 2016

When you go back you can choose to fight it again, granting it 1 to 6 starting resources.

Maybe I'm being dense, because I can't seem to find them anywhere. Which node are they in?

Edit: Tried the queen again, and amazingly enough beat her again in one try. Double Infernoed herself to death. Only to find out you can't get more than one Hydra. Well, at least it didn't take me hours to find that out.

Brutal J on
  • Options
    For Clerics, what talents are people using?
    Are you using 100 card decks for double blessings?
    Divine Alter seems pretty OP with human life draining clerics.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options

Maybe I'm being dense, because I can't seem to find them anywhere. Which node are they in?

Edit: Tried the queen again, and amazingly enough beat her again in one try. Double Infernoed herself to death. Only to find out you can't get more than one Hydra. Well, at least it didn't take me hours to find that out.

They're in one of the deserts. It's a single-node that branches off to the right from the main path.

• Options
    Does anyone know at what level you can use four mythics?

• Options

They're in one of the deserts. It's a single-node that branches off to the right from the main path.

Ah found them, thanks, right next to those worms, could have swore I checked all the nodes, but I must have missed that one.

• Options
    It varies by race.

But nothing available at the moment can use more than two legendaries.

• Options
    It varies by race.

Is that just because we can't go above a certain level yet, or do we think that's a by design thing for PvE? What's the max level right now, then?

• Options
    It varies by race.

Is that just because we can't go above a certain level yet, or do we think that's a by design thing for PvE? What's the max level right now, then?

Current max level is 9.

They've already announced that at level 30 all classes will be able to use four of any card.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    So how's PvE? Is it what was promised or slapdash/incomplete?

• Options
    Madican wrote: »
    So how's PvE? Is it what was promised or slapdash/incomplete?

It's pretty awesome and not slapdash, but it's also incredibly incomplete and just another demo, rather than a release of promised features.

• Options
    I think demo is a little too harsh of a word. It has more content than a lot of AAA $60 games.

• Options
    Yeah demo is not the right word. Incomplete, but there's a ton of content there. PvE is a ton of fun and if you like this type of card game I'd recommend checking it out. More stuff will come out over time and you can always do PvP in the meantime, which is where I get most of my fun.

• Options

I'm only level 3 (or 4?) with my cleric, but I'm loving the "start the game with an artifact that gives you steadfast on all your creatures". I haven't tried respeccing yet to try out the others.

• Options

I'm only level 3 (or 4?) with my cleric, but I'm loving the "start the game with an artifact that gives you steadfast on all your creatures". I haven't tried respeccing yet to try out the others.

I really like the talents that improve your blessings on the left-hand side.

On my Orc Cleric, my Blessings have:
    Gain 2 Health
    A random troop you control gets Rage: 1
    A random troop you control with the highest cost gets +1/+1
    Draw a Card

• Options
    I think the human ones start with:
    Gain 2 health.
    A random opponent undead gets -1/-1.
    Draw a card.

The undead part is pretty meh. :(

The orc ones sound much cooler. :)