Options

MMOTCG: [Hex: Shards of Fate] Ladder System Incoming!

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Fry wrote: »
    I reinstalled a couple days ago to try out the PvE thing. After doing that, the next two times I loaded up the client, it had to spend 10+ minutes patching. Do they seriously patch that much that often?

I have not encountered this. They did do an event patch the other day for the new AA cards but nothing too big as far as I know.

• Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    They've patched 2-3 times since PVE release because there were issues with lag making PVE nearly unplayable at first. It's mostly resolved now but hopefully there will be another bugfix patch soon.

I'd be happier with even more patches personally if it means that bugs are getting fixed. Usually after a few patches in the month after a release they stop patching and wait till the next major content patch(which will be Set 4 this next time).

Incindium on
    steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Weird, my level 2 elf mage can only equip one common artifact, but can equip two mythiclegendary artifacts.

Fry on
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    OMG I FINALLY beat the damn Tomb of the Rose Knights. That Chained Goliath fight can go to freaking hell. I was finally able to get one of those 3/3 cheetahs and buff it up enough to survive the fire damage when that thing hits 27 HP, not to mention I had him buffed early enough that I was able to swing sooner, leaving me with more HP and him with fewer resources. Even ended up getting the Legendary out of the second pack I won for turning in the quest, so yay! (even though it's Diamond and completely unusable in this deck.. maybe it will be good when I try humans)

Seriously though, fuck that dungeon. I lost so many times trying to beat it, to the point where I was really getting disheartened.

Edit: Wow, I seem to have amazing luck with chests. I spent what little gold I have to buy a couple over the last few days. The results:
    -An Alternate Art Psychotic Arsonist (in a no spin common chest of all things)
    -An uncommon with paid spins that first gave me sleeves and then upgraded to rare. Unfortunately the rare one just gave me some garbage equipment.
    -Another uncommon that upgraded to friggin' Legendary... I am debating whether I should open or wait until I save up the... *sigh* 30,000g needed to spin it again...

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    @Incindium you asked about swiss vs. single elimination in the five shards tourney. The last tourney of the month is single elim., the first three are swiss. This will be recurrent.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    The weekly one was single elimination though on Sun.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    gjaustin wrote: »
    So my new favorite piece of equipment is AMAZING. You can start with a 2/3 Lifedrain in play!

Ethereal Coated Boots: Your Ethereal Healers have, "When you gain health, there's a 5% chance to put this from your deck, hand, or crypt into play."

EtherealHealer.jpg

Edit: Picture is wrong somehow. They're actually 2/3.

Just had the boots drop, and yeah these things are crazy. The life they add for being in the deck can pull them into play before the game starts.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Incindium wrote: »
    The weekly one was single elimination though on Sun.

Yeah. I don't know why it was the first tourney of the month rather than last, but every fourth weekend tourney is supposed to be single elim apparenty.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Hmm, the coyotes have an extra town.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    EmberquickEmberquick Master of Dungeons Deep UndergroundRegistered User regular
    Fry wrote: »
    Weird, my level 2 elf mage can only equip one common artifact, but can equip two mythiclegendary artifacts.

The elf shard grid is representing their taste for bling--why use common cards like everyone else, when you can pimp out your deck with LEGENDARY ARTIFACTS!

Elves even have a talent that gives them bonuses for including Rare, Legendary, AA, and Extended Art cards in their decks . . . .

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The only good Hex thing this weekend for me was that I rolled a legendary chest only primal and got like three free spins. Got some decent loot from that.

Does anyone have the equipment for Hop'hiro? I've never pulled it but would trade other equipment for it. Specifically I'm looking for the Scroll Case of the Red Sign. The blade is cool, but I got rid of my extras not anticipating equipment to justify running four in a deck.

• Options
    edited February 2016
    I finished the Campaign last night for the first time with my female Elf Warrior. I also beat Army of Myth level 6 for the first time with her as well.

I've beaten every encounter that has specific reward at least once now I think.

I think I've got an extra of Hop'hiro's blade. I'll have to check about the scroll case.

Edit: I was thinking about Monsuun. I have extra boots for him but only 1 blade.

Incindium on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Hop'Hiro only seems to have a Helm. Which card are you actually talking about?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    Hop'Hiro only seems to have a Helm. Which card are you actually talking about?

Based on the names, he's looking at a preview version of Hop'hiro with different equipment.

@Darkewolfe He only has a helmet that does the +1/+1 to all Shin'hare. I can check to see if I have an extra for trade.

• Options
    edited February 2016
    Ohhhh, derp. I was apparently looking at old preview spoilers that didn't go live.

I'd be interested to trade for the Monsuun gear too. I decided not to invest in blood for pvp, though, and dumped my vampire kings awhile back to build out my wild pool. I've only got the one Monsuun, so I have to decide whether want to pick up another for PvE or not. He's pretty spendy for a pve only card, and I'm not going to pony up for a playset of vamp kings, so i basically can't ever play blood in pvp this block.

Darkewolfe on
  • Options
    The spider deck I'm using includes a copy of Monsuun, you don't necessarily need vampire kings. He's great. I do kinda want to save up for some vamp kings though.

• Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    Finally felt like I knew the game enough to try out a sealed gauntlet this weekend; it's a tough sell when you basically gotta spend 15 bucks just to get in the front door. Ended up with a sort of weird red-blue aggro/control deck, I'm 2 for 2. I've seen mostly spider decks which either seem to lock up a win in the first 3 turns or fail spectacularly, and it seems to entirely come down to Runeweb infiltrators getting going.

Couple of questions..should I be running 40 as the bare min. amount of cards in my deck? And what should my resource percentage be for a PVP deck? I had to bump it up to nearly 40% to get reliable resource development.

• Options
    I'm a little scared to dip my toes into any of the PvP side :P I know you have to buy into stuff like the gauntlet and draft, but is there a "free" mode as well? What do you get for winning those games? Just gold?

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    I'm a little scared to dip my toes into any of the PvP side :P I know you have to buy into stuff like the gauntlet and draft, but is there a "free" mode as well? What do you get for winning those games? Just gold?

You can queue up to play against a random opponent for fun. There's no reward for this though. I've been wondering if they need some sort of ranked constructed mode a la Hearthstone.

• Options
    Dark_Side wrote: »
    Finally felt like I knew the game enough to try out a sealed gauntlet this weekend; it's a tough sell when you basically gotta spend 15 bucks just to get in the front door. Ended up with a sort of weird red-blue aggro/control deck, I'm 2 for 2. I've seen mostly spider decks which either seem to lock up a win in the first 3 turns or fail spectacularly, and it seems to entirely come down to Runeweb infiltrators getting going.

Couple of questions..should I be running 40 as the bare min. amount of cards in my deck? And what should my resource percentage be for a PVP deck? I had to bump it up to nearly 40% to get reliable resource development.

You want to run 40 cards in limited and usually 17 resources unless your curve is really leaning more toward 2 drops then 16 works. I generally aim for 15-16 troops although can range from 13-18 depending on how much removal I have.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SniperGuy wrote: »

You can queue up to play against a random opponent for fun. There's no reward for this though. I've been wondering if they need some sort of ranked constructed mode a la Hearthstone.

Really? So how did you earn gold/cards before PvE? I assumed you'd at least be able to earn gold from some sort of free PvP mode.

• Options

Really? So how did you earn gold/cards before PvE? I assumed you'd at least be able to earn gold from some sort of free PvP mode.

The arena is the only way to earn gold otherwise.

• Options
    EmberquickEmberquick Master of Dungeons Deep UndergroundRegistered User regular

I'm pretty sure someone from the Dev team mentioned that a ladder for ranked play is coming at some point. Not sure when though.

Also, there are free constructed PvP tournaments run by Hex community members you can enter just to try it out. One of them, the Rock League, is a series of games using a variant of the MtG "pauper"
    format--only common cards (and up to four uncommons) allowed for deck building. Check out www.hexrockleague.com for more info about it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    The spider deck I'm using includes a copy of Monsuun, you don't necessarily need vampire kings. He's great. I do kinda want to save up for some vamp kings though.

Vampire King is so best in position that if you're running blood, it's almost impossible to justify not putting him in.

I'm invested in green and blue anyway in terms of rocks.

Darkewolfe on
  • Options
    Something I found yesterday: the hex tcg browser site can use a hex api hook to record which cards are in your collection. You can then use their site to search for recent meta decks that you could build with 20 or less cards you don't own yet.

Just make sure to disable the api before doing any sealed gauntlet as there's apparently a bug that causes nasty lag.

• Options
    Well that sounds handy. I'll have to check that out.

• Options
    Instructions on how it works:

http://hex.tcgbrowser.com/tools/sync/

• Options
    Dark_Side wrote: »

You want to run 40 cards in limited and usually 17 resources unless your curve is really leaning more toward 2 drops then 16 works. I generally aim for 15-16 troops although can range from 13-18 depending on how much removal I have.

Ah, thanks for the info. That's right about where my deck ended up. I just played with the draw tool until I seemed to get good opening hands and draws.

• Options
    I learned a really important Hex lesson. I posted about that sealed gauntlet I started a few days back. At first, I didn't build spiders. I went 0-2. Then I built spiders and took it to 5-2.

• Options
    Ugh constructed gauntlet is nothing but Winter Moon decks. Went 0-3 with my azure ramp deck. Then put together a mono blood deck that should be pretty good against Winter Moon and started out 0-2 again against a Winter Moon and a Rutherford Banks deck. Finally did put out a win against a Winter Moon deck that wasn't being played optimally. We'll see if I can salvage a couple more wins.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    What is a winter moon deck? (haven't played pvp since I came back, been just doing the pve stuff)

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    Blue/green using the champion winter moon.

Which I intend to build. I should get on it.

• Options
    Hmm opened another Zone 1 pack with just a bunch of letters and numbers instead of a card. Are we going to be credited with the cards that bugged out at some point?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

Yeah characterized by Arcane Focus, Peek, and other card draw with a bunch of Countermagic, Verdict, Suffocate, and Time Ripple. They basically get to the point where they can play Windsinger and always have multiple counters in hand for any action on either players turn. Usually run a couple Rootfathers gemed with spellshield and flying to actually do the damage once they have their draw recycle engine up.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Hmm opened another Zone 1 pack with just a bunch of letters and numbers instead of a card. Are we going to be credited with the cards that bugged out at some point?

Yeah you should have those with an eventual bug fix patch.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2016

Yeah characterized by Arcane Focus, Peek, and other card draw with a bunch of Countermagic, Verdict, Suffocate, and Time Ripple. They basically get to the point where they can play Windsinger and always have multiple counters in hand for any action on either players turn. Usually run a couple Rootfathers gemed with spellshield and flying to actually do the damage once they have their draw recycle engine up.

Since I'm planning to build the deck: can I cram my mastery of times in there? Do you have any good comments on how to pilot it?

Darkewolfe on
  • Options
    I learned a really important Hex lesson. I posted about that sealed gauntlet I started a few days back. At first, I didn't build spiders. I went 0-2. Then I built spiders and took it to 5-2.

Yeah..I saw a lot of spiders in my last gauntlet. Luckily the lone highlands blackbelt in my deck has been showing up early and giving me a lot of early power to deal with it.

• Options

Yeah this deck kicks my ass a lot. It's super super annoying. My spider deck isn't quite controlly enough to handle all the bounces and counters. Once they get Windsinger out it's basically game over. I'm hoping set 4 lets me be more spider competitive. I really like that mechanic of milling but with a purpose.

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    I started playing this again since the PVE is out and I just got past the beginner dungeon. I regret picking the Coyotle warrior so far, because his deck is built super weird. Tons of high end drops and auras. Working on fixing that though. Luckily all the beginning enemies suck.

• Options
    Magell wrote: »
    I started playing this again since the PVE is out and I just got past the beginner dungeon. I regret picking the Coyotle warrior so far, because his deck is built super weird. Tons of high end drops and auras. Working on fixing that though. Luckily all the beginning enemies suck.

I've run through the beginner dungeon on a few characters now. After the first time it's getting annoying that I can't tweak my deck. My Elf Cleric kept getting completely screwed as I literally drew something like 10 shards in a row and the troops they start her with are not the best synergy for that play style I think (meanwhile her champion power to put Blessings in the deck does not work for shit with the giant deck they give you to start with).