Options

MMOTCG: [Hex: Shards of Fate] Ladder System Incoming!

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Magell wrote: »
    I started playing this again since the PVE is out and I just got past the beginner dungeon. I regret picking the Coyotle warrior so far, because his deck is built super weird. Tons of high end drops and auras. Working on fixing that though. Luckily all the beginning enemies suck.

Since you keep all your cards between characters, don't hesitate to try another character if you don't like that one. I'm working on three characters right now that I hop between.

Speaking of, I simply can't beat Devonshire on my dwarf cleric. I can't figure it out. I can get so close, but not quite there. I'm sure I could repeat and play till I get a lucky draw and he doesn't, but I'm open to any tips.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I'll let you know when I figure out how to beat the thorn knights as anyone. Also it's really too bad phenteo gifts is bugged because it's insane with equipment. Put three 5/5 in your opponents deck and when one pops out kill one of his troops and return phenteo gifts to your hand for one mana.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    Throw in a Syzygy and they're free...

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Too bad they are bugged. Went through the campaign again with another venon, but didn't get it.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    I finally beat viktor.

• Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    Woo managed to go 5-2 after the 0-2 start on that Constructed Gauntlet.

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    Managed to beat Army of Myth (L6) for the third time last night using Jank Bot! Now just to beat it one more time for my playset.

I think my next character is going to be a Coyotle Mage. It'll be mostly mono-Diamond, but access to Wild and Sapphire will be nice for some of the harder fights.

• Options
    edited February 2016
    Would you mind sharing your specific deck?

I've got my dwarf cleric having done everything but fish and the army.

I've got a shin'hare warrior almost to devinshire.

And then I have an elf mage and a coyotle mage just past the tutorial.

Darkewolfe on
  • Options
    I figured I'd try frost arena with some new decks. Broodlord whatever showed me how stupid I am. Spider deck made it to broodlord tier 3, clerics made it to broodlord final battle. Nothing like it being turn 4, looking at 3 Terrorantulas and 45 cards in your crypt and no board at all.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Does this game not have removal, or do they just not want me to have it for PVE? I swear the only removal I've seen is one copy of a red spell that does 2 damage. I'm mostly getting by via exploiting the AI with combat tricks (Ruby Aura gets them every time), but sometimes the AI has a value generating guy like "tap: put a creature from a graveyard into play" and there's nothing I can do about it :/

• Options
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

I believe I still have it together, so I can post it when I get home. It took quite a decent number of tries. I had to balance having enough cheap stuff to survive 5 turns with enough expensive stuff that was worth having Jank Bot.

Dwarves pick up a pretty good Diamond grid at level 8, so you should be able to beat the Piranhas if you run Stinging Ambush. Adaptatron and Purging Flames are also really good against them.

• Options
    Fry wrote: »
    Does this game not have removal, or do they just not want me to have it for PVE? I swear the only removal I've seen is one copy of a red spell that does 2 damage. I'm mostly getting by via exploiting the AI with combat tricks (Ruby Aura gets them every time), but sometimes the AI has a value generating guy like "tap: put a creature from a graveyard into play" and there's nothing I can do about it :/

What shards are you playing? Blood and Diamond get quite a lot of good removal and Ruby gets damage based removal.

• Options
    gjaustin wrote: »

I believe I still have it together, so I can post it when I get home. It took quite a decent number of tries. I had to balance having enough cheap stuff to survive 5 turns with enough expensive stuff that was worth having Jank Bot.

Dwarves pick up a pretty good Diamond grid at level 8, so you should be able to beat the Piranhas if you run Stinging Ambush. Adaptatron and Purging Flames are also really good against them.

Yeah. I haven't tried to beat the fish yet just because I haven't bothered since I'll have to rebuild my deck after.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Fry wrote: »

For some dumb reason PvE doesn't seem to drop much removal at all. I ended up having to buy a bunch at the auction house.

Edit: Random side note, finally saved that damn frog Princess last night. That swahag is the absolute worst - just constantly crippling all your cards to do no damage. I finally got a match where I got into this place with a beefed up Adaptatron and a huge board (I stopped using my Masons after I had like 10 walls up) that kept growing as I had her sitting at 2 hp waiting for a damn Reversion card to show up (hilariously got two Morphologies and didn't end up getting one off either...). Literally the turn I finally got it, the hag used Mass Polymorph Dingler on my whole board. Hahahahaha... Luckily I had a decent chunk of HP (go lifedrain!) and a single Bravery. She only had one 2/1 flier out. So I buffed up a Dingler and killed her with that. Haha.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Oh, for the record I beat the devinshire boss by dropping all pretext of combat tricks and just ran a pure rush, well curved orc gorefeast deck. I'm a little disappointed that's still one of the best ways to crush the AI.

• Options
    Finally killed the killapede 2 with a human cleric.
    11 Blue
    11 White
    1 Mettle
    3 Spiritbound spy (these are great even if they just bait all the taints.)
    1 adaptatron
    1 grim skull sorcerer Swift
    2 righteous paladin
    2 pride's fall
    3 Repel
    2 ethereal healer
    1 king lodegan's verdict
    2 protectorate clergyman
    3 quick strider
    3 countermagic
    2 oracle song
    2 phoenix guard trainer
    3 kraken seapriest
    2 legionnaire of adamanth
    1 noble citizen
    1 bastion of adamanth
    1 saarthu

The deck grid is kinda weird that it gives you more rare cards than uncommon. Now if only I had rare cards.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Who wants to give me like three crocosaurs?

• Options
    edited February 2016
    Best way to beat Killipede 2 - Play a Dwarf

Sorry Darkewolfe, my playset of EA Crocosaurs are not for trade :)

gjaustin on
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Crocosaurs are such jerks, but when your enemy forgets they HAVE to fight TWO creatures and play them against your solo thing it's a good feeling.

Not too good because it's still a huge scary troop but still.

• Options
    Best way to beat Killipede 2 - Play a Dwarf

Sorry Darkewolfe, my playset of EA Crocosaurs are not for trade :)

How many winky faces do you need.

;););)

???

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    I was able to beat Killipede 2 as an Elf Mage but I totally forget how now. I *may* have been able to draw my Eternal Guardian and just completely cheat the fight with invisible troops :P

But yes, AI is dumb. I was laughing last night when I fought the sea hag because she has that champ power that is basically a free cripple. Constantly kept crippling the same troop - always the 2nd slot one. By the end of the match he had something like -22 attack. Was hilarious. Once the guy in slot 1 got killed off by something she started crippling the one in slot 3 that got bumped up to slot 2. So ya.. Herp-da-durrr! (you know, don't bother to cripple the 11/11 Adapt-a-tron or anything that is actually a threat to you!)

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    Is Devonshire the one with
    the fire zombies?
    If so, I just started that one.

The previous dungeon (the castle in the mountains), I beat, but wins with the boss like that I think tend to feel a little cheap, because the AI just does not seem to be able to handle (or prioritize) invincibility very well. The AI will almost never remove my Eyes of Lixil over creatures, even if it has the cards to do so. For example, it'll kill a -2/1 creature (that its been debuffing repeatedly) and no special text, over the eye, even if the eye has been the only thing preventing a creature from doing damage to me. Or, it will just send a 2/1 to attack me, I'll just block with the eye (in a shard that is invincible to), the attacking creature dies, and then the AI does nothing else.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    Wow I didn't know that there were creatures with protection against shards. Does that save them from the bosses board clear when he gets loose?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited February 2016
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Wow I didn't know that there were creatures with protection against shards. Does that save them from the bosses board clear when he gets loose?

Yes. :) It really helped me stabilize the damage early. I just wish I could put more than 2 in my deck :( need to get another level yet, and I think my allowance goes up to 3.

chrono_traveller on
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    38thDoe wrote: »

They prevent all damage dealt to them by cards that share a threshold with your thresholds.

They're very, very useful in some contexts.

• Options
    I've been working on bidding for cards to try a deck that looks like: http://hex.tcgbrowser.com/#!/deck=28711

I just got a couple Prodigy of Volosolov's and a Midnight Shepard off the AH, and holy cow does that help. :)

I've been meaning to get some subtle strikers just because, especially in PvE, it would seem really OP to deny using charge powers on certain bosses, but it seems pretty high in the AH (>100 platinum, last I checked) so I've been holding off bidding on them. I really should get back into do drafts to build some more of the deck.

Though I just realized that strikers aren't in the most recent set, so I guess I should either buy some packs or just bite the bullet and buy them off the AH.

• Options
    @chrono_traveller Subtle Striker is banned in PvE for exactly the reason you want them

• Options
    @chrono_traveller Subtle Striker is banned in PvE for exactly the reason you want them

Well THAT is good to know...

Are there other cards that are also banned in PvE? Is there an official list somewhere?

• Options
    Banned in PVE? That's an odd reversal!

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options

Well THAT is good to know...

Are there other cards that are also banned in PvE? Is there an official list somewhere?

Curse of Oblivion

• Options
    Jank Bot Deck vs AoM Lvl 6

28 x Ruby Shard
    28 x Diamond Shard
    4 x Shard of Conquest
    3 x Burn
    3 x Construct Foreman
    3 x Ashwood Soloist
    3 x Lightning Elemental
    2 x Ardent Recruiter
    2 x Incantation of Righteousness
    2 x Righteous Paladin
    3 x Crimson Clarity
    2 x Heat Wave
    3 x S.P.A.M. Bot
    2 x Deathless Guardian
    2 x Soul of Battle
    2 x KIss of the Princess
    2 x Purging Flames
    3 x Skittering Skarn
    2 x Blinding Light
    2 x Spearcliff Cloud Knight
    2 x Lord Alexander
    2 x Hopeheart Unicorn
    2 x Royal Den Mother
    3 x Scraptech Brawler
    2 x Dandelion Faerie
    3 x Turreted Wall
    2 x Spirit of Retribution
    2 x Royal Falconer
    3 x Jank Bot
    2 x Xocoy, High Cleric
    2 x Angel of Dawn
    3 x Reaper Bot
    2 x Flamethought Seeker
    1 x Inferno Goliath
    3 x Dream Eagle
    2 x Eternal Drifter
    2 x Guardian Angel
    2 x Heroic Outlaw
    2 x Zakiir
    1 x Syyn, Etherdrake Nomad
    2 x Purge
    2 x Eternal Guardian
    2 x Ozawa, Cosmic Elder

Spirit Strike Scarf (+2/+0 to Spirit of Retribution)
    Mechanical Sarcophagus (Return troops from Crypt with Reaper Bot)
    Alluring Aegis (Free Heroic Outlaws at 6 or less health)
    Eagle Feathered Gloves (Discard Dream Eagle to brainstorm 4 cards)
    Purple Pointed Purgers (Purging Flames damages opposing champion)
    Ozawa's Bite (Gain 2 health each of your turns Ozawa is in your hand)

• Options
    Interesting. You mostly did away with going hard down the inspire line, which is the main basis for my Jank Bot deck.

But that was for arena, not the campaign.

• Options
    Interesting. You mostly did away with going hard down the inspire line, which is the main basis for my Jank Bot deck.

But that was for arena, not the campaign.

Inspire is an approach I hadn't considered, but I think for Army of Myth it would be too slow. You only really have 3-5 turns to get things going.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Man, I'm enjoying the PvE portion of this so far, but fuck if the UI isn't rivaling MTGO for "a monkey with a typwriter could code this better".

For instance, Adventure Zone 1 Packs are considered "chests" and not "packs". Why? Who knows! Had I known this, I'd have not given up trying to list them on the AH, since I couldn't otherwise search for the listings to begin with.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Is it just me or do Orcs have truly dismal defenses?

I'm trying out an Orc Warrior in PvE and my main strategy so far is "get Swiftstrike on everyone".

• Options
    Orcs are not meant to have defense. Attack and win by turn six or you're done.

• Options
    Is it just me or do Orcs have truly dismal defenses?

I'm trying out an Orc Warrior in PvE and my main strategy so far is "get Swiftstrike on everyone".

Skittering Skarn helps a lot if you can get their equipment. Normally they're a 3/1 Speed that give two random troops in your deck +1/+0 and Speed.

Their equipment gives them Swiftstrike. It also means they give two random troops +1/+0, Speed, and Swiftstrike!

• Options
    I mean, your real defense is burn, cracking bolt, ragefire, and maybe ruby lance.

• Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Orcs are not meant to have defense. Attack and win by turn six or you're done.

Yeah, orcs are purely about rushing down your opponent before they can get any sort of stabilizing presence on the board. They're great fun when you're deck is firing and a miserable waste of time when it's not.

Dark_Side on
  • Options
    My Coyotle Mage is really interesting. Their spell is AMAZING against certain fights, yet occasionally actively harmful.

The lifegain from running mono-Diamond helps offset their abysmal 14 health. It's almost enough to make me consider Holy Ascension - almost.