Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Eclipse Phase PbP] Session 1: Tranquil Sea, Burning Earth [IC]

12346»

Posts

  • RingoRingo Out of things to say Heartbreak HillRegistered User regular
    This is becoming an increasingly surreal experience. I'm not even sure any more.

    "Weird?" Gen asks. "Weird how? I feel alright, if a bit dazed and confused..."

    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    "You just don't sound like yourself, that's all." Jo is quiet for a moment. "You're not angry, are you? About our conversation yesterday?" The group is almost to the airlock you left seemingly ages ago. Reynolds, ahead of the group, is checking the entry interface. "I hope you aren't. Will you do what I asked?"

    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • LeperLeper Registered User regular
    "I was speaking with our mission in mind, sir," Dillon replies, unshaken.

    "Perhaps you could remind me of how it would be served by allowing a possible victim of an artifact of dubious origin access to another body without at least making sure her persona is relatively uneffected?"

    If my role play is hindered by rolling to play, then I'd prefer the rolls play right, instead of steam-rolling play-night.
  • RingoRingo Out of things to say Heartbreak HillRegistered User regular
    Gen's steps falter for a second as his brain tries to overload him with the possible scenarios in which this conversation could actually be happening. He tries to rub his head, but his glove just bounces off his helmet.

    "You, ah.... ehrm... Well now you that mention it, I'm starting to feel just a little bit weirder. We had a conversation? Yesterday? Was this prior to my horrific shuttle crash and resleeving? Or..."

    One possibility flashes in Gen's mind like a neon sign.

    In all the excitement I think I think we missed something here, Vox. Like maybe asking Ixlis why he had an identical morph on ice?

    "Oh boy."

    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    Jo's visor, glinting in the arclight glare of the team's torchs, stares at you for a moment.

    "Shuttle crash?" Her voice sounds shaky. "You were in the-"

    Reynolds cuts in. "Sir, the airlock controls aren't responding. I don't think the emergency backups have come online."

    Jo hisses something under her breath. "... so we're stuck out here, then?"

    Reynolds' helmet nods. "Until the Brain decides to bring the system back up."

    So... this might be a bad time to mention this, bro, but the suit's tellin' me that we only have fifteen minutes 'til we're blue and squirming. Might want to hurry it up? Not that I'm your boss or anything, but I'm along for this ride, too.

    ---

    Gerrad rubs his stomach where Pendarski's boot connected.

    Hey, Gerrad? I think we're in trouble. Maybe we should look at that airlock control?

    ---

    Inside the computer core, there's a clatter as a ventilation cover hits the floor, followed by the wet sound of flesh hitting the tile. Cumberbatch slowly straightens himself on his tentacles and surveys the room. Server modules line the walls and in the center is a single ecto-terminal, complete with old-fashioned analog keyboard and holo-projectors.

    Sir, this equipment seems to have been designed to function even in the case of a local mesh failure. May I suggest a cautious approach?

    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    Damn. Interrupted before the lyrics got to anything interesting.

    Gerrad pauses the algorithmically generated music sampling random voices he's heard, and glances up at the airlock. "It broken or something?" He leans towards the controls and starts poking at it experimentally. "Well I guess that would've been too easy."

  • SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    Reynolds raises a hand to slap your fingers away.

    "No, let him," Jo says.

    This is relatively simple, but there seems to be a failsafe mechanism built in. We have to be very careful...

    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Sec considers for a moment before he speaks to Jackson and Quince, "I have scanned the rubble and the chamber surrounding us. I'm afraid it would be too dangerous for me to attempt to rescue those buried underneath. With the time we have now, our best option is to find the nearest airlock and get you to safety, we can come back for the others' cortical stacks at a later time, but if we were to attempt to save them now we would likely not only fail, but cause this whole area to collapse, and we would all be buried here."

    Lord_Asmodeus.gifLord_Asmodeus2.gifz1i30sg.png
  • SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    edited July 2013
    "You fucker!" Jackson scoops a rock from the ground and heaves it at you. In the low gravity, you easily dodge it, but Jackson seems to be spent. "Do you know how long it took us to earn those morphs? Want to guess how many of them have insurance? Huh! You fucking machine." Quince gently wraps an arm around Jackson's shoulders and leads her away. You turn back to the rubble pile. You have to do the correct and logical thing here. You have to.

    |RECEIVING A WARNING FROM SELF-POWERED SENSORS IN THE COMPUTER CORE|INTRUDER DETECTED|OCTOMORPH|ID A.CUMBERBATCH?|

    Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • RingoRingo Out of things to say Heartbreak HillRegistered User regular
    Gen clears his throat. "Anytime now, folks. We seem to be running low on air, so if you've got suggestions on how to move this show along..."

    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    It was most likely Cumberbatch. Sec pulls up the security information on the security core to see if anything might pose a threat to the scientist, while he ran another scan on the rubble just to be safe, and to make sure there isn't anything he's missing before he heads to the airlock after Jackon and Quince.

    Lord_Asmodeus.gifLord_Asmodeus2.gifz1i30sg.png
  • SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    |ACCESSING PROCESSING CORE SECURITY SCHEMATICS...|

    |ACCESS DENIED|

    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • CayrusCayrus Registered User regular
    Of course, Wellington, caution is my middle name.

    Sir, I'm sorry to correct you, but you seem to have forgotten that you do not have a middle name.

    I know Wellington, it's an old Earth idiom. You should know that. Regardless, let's proceed slowly. We need to reboot the core without upsetting the defensive measure I'm sure have been alerted to our presence. Now, where to begin?

    Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

    Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

    Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Cumberbatch slowly steps forward to the console. A single red button on its casing blinks steadily on and off. He hesitantly presses it and takes a step back in surprise as it instantly springs to life, the projectors filling the room with light. A kindly-looking middle-aged man in the clothing of a Titanian publican appears, seemingly hovering five feet off the ground.

    "Hello and thank you for using Direct Action's Secure-AI Emergency Station Control System! As this station is not equipped with our proprietary Sense-8 package, it is unable to respond to your verbal commands. Please enter your commands using the manual keyboard attached to the station."

    Cumberbatch gently slid two tentacles over the keyboard and, after a moment's pause, begins typing.

    Do you have any idea what you're doing, sir? I don't recall you having any experience with this model of ecto.

    None at all, my good fellow. But I'm sure this system is designed for usability...

    "Warning! Based on fingerprint analysis, you have been identified as an unauthorized user. This room will now seal itself. Alerting base security. Please remain where you are and await their arrival."

    There's a quiet moment, then another alarm blares.

    "Warning! No back-up power is available. Deactivating base environment control to conserve power."

    Oh damn.

    Indeed, sir.

    ---

    Gerrad carefully taps his multitool in the simple circuitry of the door control. A light on the handle blinks as it detects a current running through it.

    From a distance the security squad watches with Gen. Reynolds elbows Pendarski in the side. "Betcha he electrocutes himself."

    "How much?"

    "Betcha a rep."

    "Done."

    Gerrad hums and taps another bit of circuitry. There's a tiny spark and the panels boots up into a direct-access OS screen. He quickly taps through a few menus and, with a miniature flourish meant only for himself and his muse, taps a digital key. There's suddenly a low hum in the regolith and after a second the spotlights mounted to the outside of the base's underground section light up, bathing the worksite in brilliant white. Gerrad turns and gives an elaborate bow.

    There's a thud over the open channel as Reynolds smacks his forehead through his helmet.

    ---

    "Look at that. He actually did it." Jo's tone is relieved and somewhat amused. She turns to Dillon.

    "Dillon, she can't very well infect anyone while her head is on my belt. Even if she's carrying something strange, it's not magic. I'm taking all of the necessary precautions, but we have to have something to show for this mission." She taps her pistol where it's holstered on the front of her suit. "And if she finds a way to get feisty, I don't think we'll have a problem putting down an archaeologist."

    ---

    Jo steps forward smartly and inputs her door code, unlocking the airlock. The group squeezes into the tight chamber and the door slams shut behind them. There's a moment's pause, then the lights turn on and there's a low hiss as air begins leaking into the room. Gen exhales in relief as he watches the atmospheric O2 meter on his suit HUB climb slowly.

    Wow, close one. Would've be real embarrassing if we went and canked this nice new shell right after the boss gave it to us, huh?

    ---

    Cumberbatch crouches on the floor, stroking his 'forehead' with a tentacle in thought. Then, a low rumble vibrated through the base and low, smoky yellow lights turn on inside the computer core. The hologram reappears. "Back-up generators are now online. Reactivating base environment control. This room's doors will remain sealed until security team is dispatched. Please hold."

    Well, damn it all.

    Indeed, sir.

    ---

    Sec watches the two humans argue on the other side of the cavern. He's also looking at a map of the tunnels, which indicate that if they immediately started for the nearest operational airlock, Jackson and Quince would have just enough air to make it.

    |RECEIVING MESSAGE FROM BASE COMPUTER CORE|BACK-UP POWER IS NOW ONLINE|INTRUDER DETECTED IN CORE|SECURITY TEAM REQUESTED TO INVESTIGATE|

    Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    OOC: And I think I'll kick this forward a bit and skip the pedantry.

    Inside the base, the security team removes their helmets. Pendarski coughs in the dusty airlock antechamber. "Fuckin' moon."

    Jo points at Gen. "You're with me. Lancaster, Dillon, you're coming too. We're going down to the medical bay and figuring out what the hell is going on." She pats the sealed helmet on her belt. "Dr. Tan will assist us with that." She turns to Pendarski and Reynolds. "You two head to the barracks and round up any workers who survived the tunnel collapse. Once we get some answers, I feel like taking a vacation from Lyell Crater."

    Pendarski grunts and heads for the door. After a questioning look from Reynolds, he follows as well. Jo turns to the Gen, Gerrad and Francois. "Let's move out. Dillon, you're on point. I want to keep picking their brains about the dome incident."

    ---

    While Quince and Jackson remove their vacsuits in the antechamber, Sec waits in the hallway. The emergency lights are now on, dim and yellow on the base's battery power.

    [FOUR HOURS OF EMERGENCY BACKUP POWER REMAINS|SECURITY TEAM HAS REACTIVATED THEIR TRACKING BEACONS|THEY ARE LOCATED WITHIN THE BASE|G.LANCASTER AND G.FULMIS ACCOMPANY THEM|

    ---

    Cumberbatch paces the room. Why would he worry about the security team? They were supposed to guard the base! No worries at all.

    Sir, your hearts' rates are increasing rapidly.

    Suddenly there's a loud knock on the core door. Was that them?

    The door slides open. Lyonel lopes into the room, scratching the back of his head with a multitool. "Well, looks like you got the job done, doc. Now, you comin' with me or should we wait here for the security team to show up and blow our asses away?"

    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • CayrusCayrus Registered User regular
    Augustus does the octopus equivalent of a relived sigh. "Lyonel, old chap! So good to see you!"

    He gestures toward the computer controls, "I'm not sure I did anything worthwhile, but the power seems to functional again. That being said, discretion is the better part of valor, so lead the way to better pastures!"

    Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

    Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

    Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    "Glad to hear we're on the same page, doc." He saunters along ahead of you. "Sounds like security's back home, so we better get motorin'. I've got a nice spot in the garage where you and me can wait out the fireworks." He checks an old-fashioned 21st-century digital wristwatch which he has strapped around his bony left arm. "We've got, oh... ten minutes before my little distraction goes off."

    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • LeperLeper Registered User regular
    Francois takes a moment to remove his gloves, packing them away neatly before finally removing his helmet. He seems visibly displeased about the idea of getting Dr. Tan's assistance with anything, but doesn't seem overly interested in discussion about the point.

    "On it," he replies crisply as he slings his rifle, draws his sidearm, and takes the lead.

    If my role play is hindered by rolling to play, then I'd prefer the rolls play right, instead of steam-rolling play-night.
  • ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    With a sigh of relief, Gerrad pulls off his helmet and scratches his head with his free hand. "Anyone have an extra gun they'd be willing to lend me? I promise not to accidentally shoot any of you with it. Don't know if I would even need it, but better safe than sorry, no? Ah, ask away regarding the accident at the dome, perhaps it will help shed some light on other problems. I hope that the other two haven't run into any major trouble." He slips the helmet back on as he follows Jo and the rest, looking like some sort of bulky contortionist as he twists around, examining the suit while following the group.

    Think I could rig the suit's recycler to speed up this body's internal oxygen reserve Tarn? Just need to get the mix and pressure right... Though with our luck the entire base will lose atmosphere in a few minutes. I... do not feel like dying of asphyxiation again.

  • RingoRingo Out of things to say Heartbreak HillRegistered User regular
    Gen hesitates a moment before removing his helmet, but decides that the base isn't just going to spontaneously depressurize itself. Probably, anyway. He moves after Jo and Gerrad.

    "Ask away. Maybe one of us can come up with some answers," he says.

    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    Your footsteps echo in the silent halls of the base. Jo carries the helmet with Tan's head in it under one arm, walking slightly ahead of Gen and Gerrad.

    "I won't waste any time, then. Let me outline my questions:

    "One: What was Tan's purpose in the dome?" You round a corner and see the medical bays. Dillon punches a code into the keypad and they slide open and you enter. Through a window you can see the resleeving beds you woke up in only a few hours before. You walk past the entrance to the resleeving room.

    "Two: Why were you allowed in the excavation site, Gen, since I remember Ixlis never allowing you to go in before?" You walk into a surgical chamber and Jo tosses Dillon the helmet. "Dillon, there's a cortex port somewhere around here. Plug her in, drop her in a virtual environment and set up a jack so that I can talk to her."

    Jo turns to face Gen and Gerrad again. Somehow she's drawn her pistol without either of you noticing her do it. "Three: Why aren't you dead? I watched that shuttle turn into slag. Nothing walked away from that. Nothing."

    She slowly raises her gun and aims at a spot between Gen's eyes. "And four... how is it, Gen, that you can't remember the past three months? How can you not remember... us?"

    Gen notices that her pistol hand is shaking and tiny beads of sweat are trickling down the sides of her face. She seems genuinely unnerved.

    ---

    Dillon catches the head. As the drama across the room plays out, he ponders whether or not to actually set up Tan's mind to be accessed. On one hand, there's no better way of finding the answers they seek, but on the other, he has a deep unease about the prospect of plugging her into the network.

    ---

    Beams of light suddenly dart into the corridor from a doorway. You can hear gruff grumbling in the room they're coming from.

    "Where the hell is everyone? Don't tell me all of them were trapped in that collapse?"

    "Shut up, Reynolds."

    Lyonel pats Cumberbatch on the shoulder. "It's every ape for himself, now. If you make it, find me in the garage." Then he leaps ten feet straight into the air and grabs a bundle of cabling hanging from above, then crawls into the space between it and the ceiling, disappearing from view.

    The footsteps of the guards are growing nearer.

    ---

    Quince and Jackson have departed to find the rest of the survivors. Sec remains hovering in place, deep in thought.

    |WARNING!|POSSIBLE LETHAL ENCOUNTERS DETECTED|TWO MEMBERS OF SECURITY SQUAD, ASSUMED ROGUE, WILL ENCOUNTER A.CUMBERBATCH IN APPROXIMATELY TWO MINUTES|Y.JO, ASSUMED ROGUE, IS THREATENING G.FULMIS AND G.LANCASTER WITH A DEADLY WEAPON|EQUAL PROBABILITY OF LETHAL ACTION BEING TAKEN IS ESTIMATED IN BOTH SITUATIONS|RECOMMEND PERSONAL CHOICE OF INTERVENTION|

    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Sec tracks Jackson and Quince but begins to move instead towards the security team, advising both Jackson and Quince to meet up at the medical bay after they had been sufficiently thorough in their search, and to be careful in case there were any other incidents. He first sends a message to Cumberbatch, advising him to try and stay ahead of the security team until Sec could re-establish contact and explain his presence.

    Then, to the security team he sends the following message, "Security team this is Sec, I have exited the collapsed area, and Jackson and Quince have likely gone to look for their fellows. What is your current status? Was there interference keeping your radios down, or were you attempting to maintain mesh and radio silence for other purposes? We should meet up to discuss this recent incident."

    To Jo specifically, Sec sends this message, "Security Team member Yolanda Jo, I must ask why you have engaged in a threatening posture against a member of staff for this facility. I would request you lower your weapon and disengage, or I will be forced to consider your actions to be counter to your professional purpose and possibly of a rogue nature. Please respond."

    As he sends these messages, Sec will be plotting the most quickest and most secure course from his current location to meet up with the security team, and to consider the possible ramifications of their going rogue. This morph has been restricted from firing on fellow employees, including the security team. Is there an emergency override for this function?

    Lord_Asmodeus.gifLord_Asmodeus2.gifz1i30sg.png
  • RingoRingo Out of things to say Heartbreak HillRegistered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Gen stares at the gun, and then at Jo. He wonders what the him who apparently knew her would say. With a shrug he opts for the simple truth.

    "Don't know the answer to one or two. Tan took us down there. Warned the others off with a lie about radiation. Said we'd appreciate it more than the others. As for three, everybody involved in the shuttle crash was resleeved. Even the pilot, I believe, which makes no fucking sense."

    Gen pauses for a moment, his eyes searching Jo's. "And four, I have no idea, but I intend to get to the bottom of it. Unless, of course, you shoot me. Though I find it... let's say, difficult to believe, that I'd take up with someone who was unstable enough to start shooting the people she was ostensibly supposed to be rescuing. At least, not without cause."

    "Unfortunately, I don't know. Have I given you cause?"

    Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    She lowers the gun. "No, you haven't. I just... I guess I wanted to make a point." She reholsters it. "You're staying here, though. Even if you're not compromised, you've obviously had your memories manipulated and the only one who has the power to do that here is Ixlis. Your boss might be just crazy enough to do something if he knew that we're about to crack open his little conspiracy." She looks over at Dillon. "What's the hold up, Francois?"

    ---

    Jo's simulated voice feeds into the reaper's neural net. "No issue down here, boss. Just a little misunderstanding. My map shows you as approaching my men heading to the Computer Core. Do you plan to provide backup?"

    ---

    On the team's private ecto channel, Jo's simulated voice crackles to life. Dillon listens intently. "Reynolds, Pendarski, you've got Ixlis' pet Reaper drone heading your way. Its hostility level is unknown, but maintain your guard and be prepared to engage. I'll keep you updated on its position."

    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • LeperLeper Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Francois watches the exchange with an eyebrow raised, nearly ready to interject before Gen settles the issue for the moment.

    It seems there's a few more questions cropping up than answers... Pom, assume the Gen present now is a separate entity than the Gen that has been on-site lately. Isolate and report on the 'other' Gen's present or last-known whereabouts, please.

    "Didn't want to cause a distraction," Dillon says wryly, before taking a seat at the nearest console. He takes a moment to jack in, and begins getting the system ready. As he begins to relax into the chair, he idly rests a hand on the console.

    "Since we have a few moments, why would it make no sense to resleeve the pilot," he asks with all the concern befitting an inquiry into the lunch menu in the cafeteria.

    Leper on
    If my role play is hindered by rolling to play, then I'd prefer the rolls play right, instead of steam-rolling play-night.
  • Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Still keeping an eye on the positions of Jackson and Quince, Sec responds to Jo specifically, "I will head toward the Computer Core, yes. Please inform your men that one of employees, one Augustus Cumberbatch, an octomorph scientist is in the area, he was the one who reactivated the back up systems, and he is not to be considered a threat."

    To the security team members closest to the core Sec sends a message, "I'm headed up to meet you in the core. You may run into the one who reactivated the backup systems, an octopus by the name of Cumberbatch. Please do not engage in a violent or threatening manner towards him, I will be joining you shortly."

    To Cumberbatch he sends a follow up message, "I will be heading toward the core where you are. I have informed the security team that if they should meet you not to engage in hostile action, but if you are concerned hang back and try and wait for me to meet them there first."

    That said, Sec begins heading with all possible speed to meet up with Reynolds and Pendarski, and hopefully Cumberbatch as well.

    And just in case, Sec sets a subroutine to take a closer look at his selective targeting system, to see if he can't override the part of the morph keeping him from using his weapons on employees. Sec liked to think it wouldn't come to that, but even if his darker concerns about the security team were unfounded, it would be better to be safe than to be dead.

    Lord_Asmodeus on
    Lord_Asmodeus.gifLord_Asmodeus2.gifz1i30sg.png
  • RingoRingo Out of things to say Heartbreak HillRegistered User regular
    "Because the fucker shot me," Gen growls. "That shuttle was screwed six ways to Sunday, and the pilot was in on it."

    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • LeperLeper Registered User regular
    "The pilot sounds like a man after your own heart, Jo," Francois quips, following it quickly to stave off any indignant replies. "The equipment seems to still be warmed up from last time. Would someone be so kind as to place Dr. Tan in the receptacle?"

    Pom, alter the last request. Attempt to retrieve any confirmed movement/itenerary of the 'other' Mr. Fulmis in the past 48 hours. Current location/location at time of shuttle crash to be considered priority. Extrapolate/speculate as necessary.

    If my role play is hindered by rolling to play, then I'd prefer the rolls play right, instead of steam-rolling play-night.
  • LeperLeper Registered User regular
    "The pilot sounds like a man after your own heart, Jo," Francois quips, following it quickly to stave off any indignant replies. "The equipment seems to still be warmed up from last time. Would someone be so kind as to place Dr. Tan in the receptacle?"

    Pom, alter the last request. Attempt to retrieve any confirmed movement/itenerary of the 'other' Mr. Fulmis in the past 48 hours. Current location/location at time of shuttle crash to be considered priority. Extrapolate/speculate as necessary.

    If my role play is hindered by rolling to play, then I'd prefer the rolls play right, instead of steam-rolling play-night.
  • SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    Dillon lays Tan's helmet on the counter and presses a button. There's a loud splashing noise and he takes a few steps back. "Sorry." He lifts Tan's head, which has retained its youthful color in the sealed environment of the helmet, into the vice grips of the surgical stack remover. He begins to tap away at its console. "Just a second!" There's a horrible crunching noise and Dillon dramatically slaps his forehead. "Damn! Someone's sabotaged the machine!" He slumps into a nearby chair. "Alas, the stack is ruined. What a disappointment."

    ---

    "Roger that, Jo. We've got the octopus here." Pendarski has her weapon aimed down the hallway. "Your reaper pal should be showing up any second now. Then things are going to get interesting, eh?"

    ---

    Jo cursed out Dillon. "Fucking hell, I could've put a bullet in her myself! Get out of the way and let me take a-"

    There's a horribly loud rumble and a tearing noise. Alarms begin screaming all over the base. Dillon bolts out of his seat and Jo turns to Gen and Gerrad. "Another explosion?" She stares at the floor for a moment and then sighs. "All right. We're getting out of here and you're coming with. There's a second rover in the garage. Let's head for it."

    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • RingoRingo Out of things to say Heartbreak HillRegistered User regular
    Gen shrugs, "Whatever you say."

    This is a nightmare. Pull up what you can on the rover. I want to know if that thing can get us back to civilization or not.

    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    "Reynolds, Pendarski!" Jo's voice is edging on panic. "Clear up downstairs and then hoof it to the garage! We're getting the hell out of here!"

    Reynolds sweeps a flashlight up the corridor. "I think we're closing in on the ock. We'll be up shortly."

    ---

    Cumberbatch edges back, deeper into his corner. To his left the stairs back up the garage waited, but it sounded like the two guards looking for him were headed that way too. If he waited much longer, though, he risked discovery and, possibly, death. Which was not good.

    Sir, I believe that Lyonel fellow has made good on his vague threats.

    ---

    Jo leads the way down the hallway towards the garage. "Fucking..." She turns on Gen. "Did you know that he was going to do this? That bastard Ixlis..." She swings her rifle off her shoulder and cocks it. "If we run into him, I'm putting him down. Don't try to stop me. Then we're sinking this place into the fucking regolith."

    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    edited August 2013
    |ENABLING ICEBREAKER.INTERNALDAMAGE|ICEBREAKER PROGRESS 23%|25%|PATHFINDER SECURITY DETECTED IN PROXIMITY|

    Sec is hovering down a side corridor, about fifty meters from Reynolds and Pendarski. He watches them on his map overlay as they approach Cumberbatch's hiding spot.

    |INTERVAL OF APPROXIMATELY 2.3 SECONDS BETWEEN DISABLING OF IFF PROTOCOLS AND PREDICTED DEATH OF A.CUMBERBATCH|

    Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Sec hurries on towards the location where Cumberbatch and the two security guards are, sending a message to Jo as he hovers, scurries, and jets his way to where he needs to be using whatever mode of transit he deems most efficient moment to moment, "If you plan on leaving your present location you should take Tan's head with you, it is a valuable clue to solving the mysteries here."

    Lord_Asmodeus.gifLord_Asmodeus2.gifz1i30sg.png
  • SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    A door squeals open behind them and Reynolds and Pendarski spin in place, bringing their rifles up. Sec hovers into the center of the hallway, his manipulator arms hanging below his shell.

    "Shit." Reynolds taps his earbud ecto. "Jo, we've got the reaper down here."

    "Put it down!" Jo's voice is shrill.

    Reynolds nudges Pendarski. "You heard the lady. Light it up!"

    ---

    You watch as the rifle barrels align with you and the fingers slowly depress the triggers.

    |ICEBREAKER 82% COMPLETE|APPROXIMATELY FIVE SECONDS TO COMPLETION|

    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • LeperLeper Registered User regular
    The cocking of the rifle, the constant threats of violence, and even the poorly thought out escape attempt were all symptoms of an ongoing problem. The order to fire--even on an unidentified reaper--was the proverbial straw.

    Francois turned to face the pair of scientourists and unslung his rifle--no cocking was necessary after the earlier tension--hoping his aggressive stance towards the outsiders coupled with the 'bond of service' implied by the uniform would put the woman at ease.

    With all the speed he could muster, he twisted the barrel towards Jo's cranium and squeezed the trigger.

    Pom, please cancel all pending social engagements with Yolanda Jo.
    "Pendarski, Reynolds, you will belay that order. You will not fire unless fired upon."

    If my role play is hindered by rolling to play, then I'd prefer the rolls play right, instead of steam-rolling play-night.
  • SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    At the last second Jo slaps the rifle barrel away from her head. The report from the missed shot is deafening in the enclosed space. Jo stares at Dillon, wild-eyed. "What the hell..." She fumbles with her pistol and begins to unholster it.

    Q1e6oi8.gif
12346»
Sign In or Register to comment.