As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NHL]: Can Seattle Take the Vegas Front Office in the Expansion Draft?

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    That Seabrook and Bickell contract might be the beginning of the end for Chicago.

Already cost them Saad and Teuvo.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Bettman made it official. Vegas team starting in 2017-18. Expansion draft next year. No name set yet

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    Drew Doughty, who is 26 and has never once been the best defenseman in the league, just earned a career achievement Norris over a historically great year from Karlsson.

Lundqvist didn't earn a single Vezina vote.

Ryan O'Reilly finished fourth in the lady byng.

Hockey is a dumb sport for idiots.

• Options
    Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    Whatever, only one award matters anyway

• Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    Whatever, only one award matters anyway

The Pascal Dupuis Award. The Dupper.

Datsyuk is going back to Russia. I hate the Wings, but damn will I miss seeing that guy do his thing.

Vegas is going to be such a shitshow, but I bet they'll make money for awhile. If nothing else, I bet NHL18 sales will pop...

Rutherford seems intent on keeping Fleury and Murray for this year, which I don't entirely understand. He's going to lose one next year anyways, so he should cash in while he can.

Also, holy shit: https://nhl.com/news/surviving-meteor-strike-made-vitaly-abramovs-move-easier/c-281023588

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Oh my god Keith Tkachuk's son is in the draft tonight.

Now I feel really old.

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Uhhhhhhh, it was just reported during the draft that Phoenix acquired Datsyuk in a trade with Detroit. . .

Huh, better tell Pavel to quit packing for Russia.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Re: thread title, hockey in the desert is responsible for Auston Matthews taking up the sport, so it's not a complete failure, especially if that leads to the Leafs maybe winning a game or three

• Options
    JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Yeah. Coyotes technically both have Datsyuk and Pronger on their roster now. I kind of hate Arizona for helping Detroit clear that cap space.

• Options
    Thank you Columbus.

This right shot, RW, NHL ready Finn will do much better than Tkachuk.

I watched the draft with my friend and before it started we were talking trade scenarios. I said the Oilers won't do anything until it's their turn to pick if they do in case Puljujarvi is there. He would not believe me when I told him that they were trying to trade down to take a centerman. "You would have to be an idiot to pass on Puljujarvi!" he said.

I actually like Dubois a lot. Liked him quite a bit more than Tkachuk, but he's a tier below Pulj.

• Options
    Schide wrote: »
    Oh my god Keith Tkachuk's son is in the draft tonight.

Now I feel really old.

And future superstar Kieffer Bellows.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    The Flames trading for the goalie is really interesting either they goal a hell of a deal or someone to trade later on?

• Options
    Jayricho wrote: »
    Yeah. Coyotes technically both have Datsyuk and Pronger on their roster now. I kind of hate Arizona for helping Detroit clear that cap space.

Don't forget NJ taking on Savard's contract, too.

• Options
    No more Healy.

Let's get an opinion on that from someone else with notoriously bad opinions:

Sure thing, Steve.

• Options
    "Brightest voices in hockey" is pretty relative.

For more analysis, we send you down to the ice with Pierre McGuire...

• Options
    Mogilny not in but Lindros made it.

Honestly never thought he would.

Clare Drake not making it in as a builder continues to be a disgrace as well as no women making it this year.

• Options
    PizzleStixxPizzleStixx Parp? Burnett? Really? UghRegistered User regular
    I'm still shocked Recchi isn't in there.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    I think the argument against Recchi is that he was a classic accumulator. He has a lot of points and played a lot of games but he never had a standout superstar season. His best season was in 92-93; but that was the year that Lemieux showed he wasn't a mere mortal.

Cobalt60 on
  • Options
    My wife and I were discussing Hextall last night (since Lindros is going in). What are your thoughts on him being a HoF-worthy guy? His career wasn't spectacular, but he was a unique personality, set many firsts and holds a lot of...dubious records.

He's also putting together a pretty fantastic executive career.

• Options
    He was a character, and pretty good.

Not even close to being HoF worthy.

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    I really like Hextall, wore # 27 because of him, tried (tried) to be tough in my crease, tried to get decent at puck-handling, because of him -- well, also my name is Ron and I had the big ol' solar panel when I started out.
    Last time I saw Hexy was the day before he took the GM gig in Philly. He was at a grocery store near the LA Kings practice facility, buying Lucky Charms and Soy (or was it Almond?) Milk.

No way he goes to the HoF.

• Options
    Flyers go in the Pit of Despair, not the Hall of Fame.

• Options
    Recchi had his biggest point total that year, but he was already in Philly. His best point total with Lemieux was 10 points less a year or two earlier.

3 cups and still put up a 68 point season in 08 after he'd been on the league for 17 years. I always liked him after he spent his early years here, but 500 goals and 1500 points, no reason to not be in.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    Jeeze I actually do work in the afternoon and I miss all the fun.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    This has been a hell of a day.

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    so I haven't really been paying attention to hockey this season

did Hall have some sort of contract dispute with the Oilers, or did they just move him for the hell of it?

• Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular

did Hall have some sort of contract dispute with the Oilers, or did they just move him for the hell of it?

'Friend of a friend' sort of thing, but apparently Hall's been pretty adamant about getting traded this off-season, in large part because he wants to win a cup (Schultz going from Edmonton to Pittsburgh and immediately winning didn't help).

He's a little shit, personality-wise, but he's a little shit who can score points. So I'm disappointed with the trade, although I do think Larsson's a good pickup - just not at the price we paid.

WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    edited June 2016

He's been rumored to be on the block every year for the last few. I believe it is just a difference of personalities. Still, trading him straight up for Larsson is an interesting choice...

Subban for Weber.
    Weber has 10 years remaining on his 14-year, $110 million contract. He signed it with the Philadelphia Flyers as a restricted free agent but the Predators matched the offer sheet July 24, 2012.

So between Weber and Shaw, Montreal has certainly done a thing this offseason.

LTM on
  • Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    vsove wrote: »

'Friend of a friend' sort of thing, but apparently Hall's been pretty adamant about getting traded this off-season, in large part because he wants to win a cup (Schultz going from Edmonton to Pittsburgh and immediately winning didn't help).

He's a little shit, personality-wise, but he's a little shit who can score points. So I'm disappointed with the trade, although I do think Larsson's a good pickup - just not at the price we paid.

ah, gotcha

I bought it when the GM said that Hall was "very disappointed" about the trade

I... probably should have seen that as BS immediately

• Options
    I don't believe that for a fucking second.

Taylor played his fucking heart out for the worst franchise in hockey.

I like Larsson. I like him a lot and wanted the Oilers to get him a while ago.

He can't hold Taylor Hall's jockstrap.

This team is fucking garbage. Fucking fold the Oilers, let their players go to teams without shitbag owners and idiot management. Let that fucking arena sit empty for 30 years.

• Options
    The fucking team had McDavid live with Hall.

There are no character issues, there was no trade request. This is piss poor asset management.

• Options
    A player can play well on the ice and still be a shit off the ice.

I would never argue that Taylor Hall does not bust his ass on every shift.

I would argue that there have been rumours about his off-ice conduct pretty much since day 1, and many of those rumours have had a lot of independent corroboration.

And I mean, I heard the secondhand rumour about him wanting out a week and a half ago, so it's not just someone trying to make a trade palateable in hindsight.

Don't get me wrong. It's not a great trade. But I don't think it's the unmitigated disaster others seem to think.

Time will tell, I suppose.

WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    I mean, part of this is that I spent a good hour being very annoyed at this trade and I'm trying to figure out how it makes sense.

The answer is, it really doesn't. But it makes slightly more sense if you believe that Hall wasn't happy here.

It's still terrible asset management, though.

WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    I think Canadiens fans are cautiously optimistic about the Subban trade!

Oilers fans are similarly enthused, but not quite that much. They're probably more used to it.

• Options
    If someone could harness the emotional rollercoaster that Oilers fans live in, we'd have all the free energy we could ever need.

WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    Let me give one last, hearty "FUCK YOU" to Marc Bergevin, and hope that the fans do the right thing, and murder him in the street.

What a day.

• Options
    Lost CanuckLost Canuck World's Greatest Escape Artist Doctor Vundabar's Murder MachineRegistered User regular
    The great news is that Edmonton is probably going to sign Milan Lucic. You're all thrilled about that, right?

QYW8SHm.jpg
    Nintendo Switch friend code: SW-4012-4821-3053
  • Options
    I'm guessing 6 years at 5.5 per ... They'll be lucky if it's that cheap.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    Montreal signs Radulov. Therrien won't survive the season.

Boston signs David Backes, which sucks for the East.

• Options
    Backes had a nice playoff run but he's not a top line player anymore.

In 2 years he might not be a second line player.

His contract is the second worst to whatever contract Russel signs.

Matt Martin's being a close third.