As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pacific Rim Sequel: This March Holy Shit it Happened

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    d5e87213-03d1-4c93-9bf3-e69180788fa3.jpg

You always get an OO with Typhoon.
    This will mean less than nothing to most non-Brits.

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    Clown ShoesClown Shoes Give me hay or give me death. Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Loving the new avatar.

I read everything you post in Douglas Reynholm's voice.

Clown Shoes on
  • Options
    FakefauxFakefaux Cóiste Bodhar Driving John McCain to meet some Iraqis who'd very much like to make his acquaintanceRegistered User regular
    Guillermo del Toro has a question for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9P-ajWCEbU

• Options
    HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    JaegerPoster.png

While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    GOD DAMN CORGIS

• Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    One I made for Mexico on another forum:

WkmO4fL.jpg

Not mine, but also found on same forum:

tumblr_mpoq93LaPQ1r27xm9o1_1280.jpg

Edit: If you saved your Jaeger, you can also use it in the Jaeger Combat Simulator, though a lot of the parts will get switched out depending on what weapons you pick.

Syngyne on
    5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Tesla-fist is clearly the superior armament.

• Options
    Just bought tickets for Sunday. I'm just sad this theater doesn't do assigned seating.

• Options
    WhittledownWhittledown Registered User regular
    tumblr_mpquw58vYy1ssasifo1_500.png

DRCdHs6.jpg?1
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    wow they've added some bells and whistles since I made one

• Options
    Igpx407Igpx407 Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    This is my most anticipated film of the year. My Knifehead action figure and I can't wait.

Igpx407 on
  • Options
    I just can't stop giggling at the idea of a couple North Korean pilots inside that thing's head holding up their arms, staring at them wide eyed, mouths agape.

• Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    I just can't stop giggling at the idea of a couple North Korean pilots inside that thing's head holding up their arms, staring at them wide eyed, mouths agape.

Don't be silly, That thing isn't piloted.

its the reincarnation of the great and glorious leader, come to save the world from capitalist monsters.

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Mmm, those're some good GWN jaegers. Was gonna call mine 'Polite Refusal.' I'm a try again with the jaegaer-maker.

Also picked up the art book at the comic shoppe today, but too scared to look at it yet for fear of thpoilerth. Will have to wait until friday.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    Igpx407Igpx407 Registered User regular
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    Mmm, those're some good GWN jaegers. Was gonna call mine 'Polite Refusal.' I'm a try again with the jaegaer-maker.

Also picked up the art book at the comic shoppe today, but too scared to look at it yet for fear of thpoilerth. Will have to wait until friday.

I'm definitely picking up that art book, but I'm waiting until after I see the film.

• Options
    Golden Yak wrote: »

Apparently it is filled with them, so yeah, wait until after you see the movie.

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    That Megas one is hilarious and impressive in terms of what it probably took to make.

While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
  • Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    This is mine :D

rsz_3jaegerposter.png

• Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    I really want to see this in IMAX, but the 3D part turns me off. :/ Don't like the concept in general, and del Toro didn't want to film the movie in 3d, so its probably shoehorned in.

• Options
    TachTach Registered User regular
    Actually got to go to the premiere last night. Guys, this movie is, in no uncertain terms, totally tits. I can't think of one thing wrong with it. Except that the Dolby Theater sound system made it hard to tell who was saying what during the action scenes.

The story was tight, the effects were near flawless, and the music- dear god the music.

I cannot wait to see this again.

• Options
    what have i done

Xyxdy9X.jpg

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Tach wrote: »
    Actually got to go to the premiere last night. Guys, this movie is, in no uncertain terms, totally tits. I can't think of one thing wrong with it. Except that the Dolby Theater sound system made it hard to tell who was saying what during the action scenes.

The story was tight, the effects were near flawless, and the music- dear god the music.

I cannot wait to see this again.

Haven't seen the movie, but I'll second your review of the music. I bought the soundtrack on Amazon and have been listening to it while I drive.
    This may be the first time I've ever wanted a longer commute or to get stuck in traffic.

• Options
    edzeppedzepp Registered User regular
  • Options
    TK-42-1TK-42-1 Registered User regular
    LecAldZ.jpg

sig.jpgsmugriders.gif
  • Options
    LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    JaegerPoster2_zps45ff2955.png

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    The Swedish one totally looks like he's skiing.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    I also love that the text just falls off at the end of the poster.

Why isn't it time to be in theaters watching this yet?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    FYI, a limited edition print by Odd City entertainment just went up for sale.

1004614_560249924033671_395135073_n.jpg

Syngyne on
    5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    AustralopitenicoAustralopitenico Registered User regular
    Man I'm hyped as fuck.

• Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    I've got two free movie tickets from Coke Rewards. One is going towards this and one is going towards RIPD next weekend.

Excite!

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    southwicksouthwick Registered User regular
    Syngyne wrote: »
    FYI, a limited edition print by Odd City entertainment just went up for sale.

1004614_560249924033671_395135073_n.jpg

Already sold out, :(.

• Options
    wiltingwilting I had fun once and it was awful Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Just went to check show times and discovered my local cinema isn't screening this. I am not pleased. Not only that, same stupid cinema chain isn't showing at all, and has a monopoly in all the nearby towns.

EDIT: Ok, I can go in Waterford if I don't mind a 45 minute train journey both ways, plus probably hanging around waiting for the film/return journey for a combined couple of hours.

wilting on
  • Options
    ArmorocArmoroc Registered User regular
    wilting wrote: »
    Just went to check show times and discovered my local cinema isn't screening this. I am not pleased. Not only that, same stupid cinema chain isn't showing at all, and has a monopoly in all the nearby towns.

EDIT: Ok, I can go in Waterford if I don't mind a 45 minute train journey both ways, plus probably hanging around waiting for the film/return journey for a combined couple of hours.

That fucking sucks. It's really awesome of you that you aren't giving up though. You're awesome!!

• Options
    wilting wrote: »

Waterford, VA?

If you're in Virginia there might be an Alamo Drafthouse relatively near you. And that'd be an experience rivaling any IMAX to boot.

• Options
    edited July 2013
    Waterford, Ireland. Alamo Drafthouse are indeed awesome though, saw The King of Kong in the Austin, TX one.

Guess I'll just use Pacific Rim as an excuse to go up to Dublin for a night or two.

wilting on
  • Options
    Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    I can't make this thing work. Would somebody kindly make "The Seaward" a reality for me? I don't care where it's from or what it looks like, I just need to know there is a giant robot called the Seaward somewhere on the net.

• Options
    Hmm.

More than one Waterford.

Troubling.

• Options
    edited July 2013
    To be fair, I did briefly live in Virginia (NOT the Virginia in Ireland).

wilting on
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    New York, Ireland.