As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Ghost Stories: A Haunting [Mini Phalla] - Wu Fang Wins!

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    vert to make sure shenanigans don't happen with second place and me. Or something like that.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    "This will be a relatively simple game," apart from unwrapping the relationships leading us to vote for people who aren't in it, apparently.

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Vote Closed

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Ah hell, this has a very different vote close than the other game and I spaced on that.

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Day 1 Results - Part 1

The crowd had gathered in front of the Night Watchman’s Beat, seeking answers to the murder. “It had to be one of us!”, a voice from the crowd yelled, “we must put an end to this!”. Arguing continued for half an hour until Ominous Lozenge showed up late. All the villagers turned at him, “It must have been him!”. The argument only gathered momentum from there.

The residents of Phalljian do not execute their criminals. Instead, they simply banish them. Unfortunately, the journey to the closest neighboring town was harsh. It is very likely that those banished do not survive their journey. Ominous Lozenge was immediately sent off through the mountains, without time to gather his things. He was never seen again.

Later that evening Auralynx was closing up the tea shop for night. He was locking the door when he felt a hand on his shoulder. He turned around to see a grotesque old man with mouths were his eyes should have been. The old man smiled with all three mouths, and then inhaled. <Exiled’s> soul was sucked right out of his body and devoured. His lifeless corpse was left right at the Tea Houses’ door.

The recent killing had left Buddha73 anxious, and he found it difficult to sleep through the entire night. He woke up in the middle of the night, and he figured a breath of fresh air would calm his nerves. Buddha73 left his home and walked down towards the stream. When he got there, he saw a familiar face. “Hey”, Buddha73 called out, “you couldn’t sleep either?”.

The familiar face did not reply.

“Are you okay?”, Buddha73 pressed, as he walked up besides the figure. Suddenly, Buddha73 , felt a sharp pain in his back. He had been stabbed. He turned around just in time to see other friends from the village, with large grins on all of their faces. That was the last thing he saw. Just a short moment later, Buddha73’s headless and armless corpse was left in the stream.

Sometimes, a death is so horrible that justice would not be served if the soul immediately departs. Phalljian is a village that is in tune with spirits, one of whom granted the mercy of revenge to Buddha73, allowing his soul to enact its revenge before calling it to the other side. The ghost of Buddha73 has only a short time to seek justice....

The Dead
    Ominous Lozenge, Villager- Banished by Vote
    Auralynx, Villager - Soul Devoured by Howling Nightmare
    Buddha73, Villager - Murdered by Possessed Villagers

The Ghost of Buddha73 has risen to seek its revenge. This ghost may make as many ghosts posts as they want within the next 60 minutes, but they are only allowed to refer to their target player, by name or otherwise, and no other players. All of the other dead must wait until the next narration to make their ghost posts.

Zombie Hero on
    Steam
  • Options
    Hey Buddha, wanna say my name? :P

Steam profile
  • Options
    Buddha73Buddha73 Registered User regular
    OooooooooO
    Ok....Queen of Blades! did you kill me? lol
    OoooooooO

• Options
    Hee hee, clever bugger :P

No really though, who's going to die?

I'm going to bed, but you should say this so that they can make arrangements if they are important? I mean, could be the mafia too, but I'd say it's a net benefit for us still.

Steam profile
  • Options
    OooooooooooO
    ok then. Mikey!.... Mikey!...... this is the ghost of Phalla Past!
    OooooooooooO

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Mikey, quick! What's your role?

• Options
    OooooooooO
    its a new thing Id like to call a grudge haunt! for talking to me in the previous Phalla via PMs and then vote against me in the middle of our conversation. and saying to me Dun dun dun! so how is this for a DUN DUN DUN!!! Boom! only thing that could make this moment sweeter is if your Mafia!
    OooooooooO

• Options
    edited July 2013
    Day 1 Results - Part 2

Buddha73’s soul was full of rage, and it had an idea of who was to blame. The familiar face by the water. The soul quickly chased him and found him, Mikey CTS just returning to his house. Buddha73’s spirit flew threw the door, just after Mikey CTS had closed the front door behind him.

Mikey CTS’s screams woke the village. They rushed to his house and found his corpse, his face frozen in horror. Mikey CTS’s body then suddenly turned to ash.

“This man had already lost his soul”, the elder monk stated.

As they were leaving, every villager was startled by a loud voice. It seemed to come from every direction. “I am Wu-Feng, lord of nine Hells! I have come to reclaim this realm. None shall be spared save the one who returns that which was stolen from me."

The Dead
    Mikey CTS, Possessed Villager

PMs going out! You will be notified when Day 2 begins.

@Invictus, @Cythraul, @Kaplar have all received inactivus warnings.

Zombie Hero on
    Steam
  • Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    niiiice.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    well done, Buddha.

• Options
    Day 2 Begins!
    tUHd4fQ.jpg
    Oh shit! Ghosts!

Steam
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    OooooooOoooooooOooooooo

Saw that coming. Shouldn't have bothered tracking down a Vincent Price avatar!

OoooooooOooooooooOooooooo

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Haunting is taking the place of the traditional vig, then.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    Damn Buddha, that's impressive. Seems likely that "had a part in my death" is one of the possible Haunting conditions then.

• Options
    CesareB wrote: »
    Damn Buddha, that's impressive. Seems likely that "had a part in my death" is one of the possible Haunting conditions then.

Right; Mikey was labeled a "possessed villager". Do we think that there's a lead mafia who is a "Howling Nightmare," or maybe that's an SK, or maybe it's just a mafia kill that cannot trigger the Haunting?

• Options
    OoooooooooooO
    I have never been happier then to be died now. Lol i hope that give my fellow villagers a good head start against the evil outside. And I'll leave you all in peace with some final words of wisdom. "The needs of the many out weigh the needs of the few, or the one" Good Luck!
    OoooooooooooooO

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    This is a pretty brilliant mechanic. Simple yet powerful.

• Options
    Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    000ooo000ooo000

The fuck... I didn't even get to play. Bah.
    Well played, you bastard.

ooo000ooo000ooo

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    Nice shootin' Buddah!

• Options
    DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    You are the best Buddha. Well played.

• Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Nevermind. I don't read good.

Kaplar on
  • Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    I'm not sure which dead list you're referring to, but Mikey (and the dead villagers) are all faction-coloured on the player list in the OP.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    I'm not sure which dead list you're referring to, but Mikey (and the dead villagers) are all faction-coloured on the player list in the OP.

Thanks for posting this seconds after I edited my post. Thaaaaaanks.

• Options
    You betcha ;)

Currently Playing:
  • Options
    Also, sorry for the inactivus. 11-7 shift and all that.

• Options
    Failures of democracy are punishable by exile, Invictus

Currently Playing:
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Baidol wrote: »
    Haunting is taking the place of the traditional vig, then.

The good news is that it cant be removed, the bad is it may not be reliable, and maybe? mafia can get it too

• Options
    Failures of democracy are punishable by exile, Invictus
    Invictus wrote: »
    Draygo wrote: »
    Rolling the diiice
    Congradulations Jdarksun!

RNGing votes under pretty much any circumstancesis a practice that, in our community, is looked down upon as plebian at best, Draygo.

• Options
    I think you got the warning because you didn't also have the # of posts. Which nobody enforces, except when they do

• Options
    Doesn't matter in any case; other phalla will be done today and then I will no longer be distracted.

• Options
    Sorry, Invictus. I assumed the Host warning meant you hadn't voted.

Currently Playing:
  • Options
    Also I missed before it but your vote is bad, rngs are fine provided 1) its day 1 and 2) you don't post a link to a roller site so there's no verification

Plus its not like "its kime!" Or "grudges!" Are better reasons anyway

• Options
    Phyphor wrote: »
    Also I missed before it but your vote is bad, rngs are fine provided 1) its day 1 and 2) you don't post a link to a roller site so there's no verification

Plus its not like "its kime!" Or "grudges!" Are better reasons anyway

I did call it 'plebian'. I feel like it had the right texture to be a fine day 1.

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    I'm voting for IW today on the rather stupid reason that Mikey also voted for him and mafia occassionally hide their votes on fellow mafia day 1 to have a decent vote pattern later.

Which is a terrible reason, but it's early day 2 and I don't have a better one.

• Options
    Mikey almost always votes for me on Day 1. I think he’s playing hard to get.

But mafia do sometimes votes for each other on Day 1, so your reasoning isn’t really stupid, just incorrect.

Currently Playing:
  • Options
    DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    Invictus you may want to review the post I made in reply to your accusation. Because village doesn't have any specials if you want to hide your vote on me every day so you don't establish a vote pattern I'm going to assume you are mafia.