Options

Star Wars: [Phalla]nce Restored - Light Side / Rebel (Mafia) and Flarne/Ketbra Victory

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    It was Obi.

This is where you get ready to grudge-vote or murder GG in the future, buddha73.

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Buddha73 though I dont understand if GG actually revealed to buddha then voted it for him. Is this confirmed or just a crazy story to try and shift things?

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    I AIN'T GOT TIME FOR THIS BUDDHA

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    Down with the Broodha! for we must cleanse the Light from this Dark Galaxy.

Buddha73.

Let me assure you, I am not mafia.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Vote closes in about an hour.

At PF Chang's right now. So will try and pop on to announce close, but if I don't, it still closes at normal time.

• Options
    Buddha73Buddha73 Registered User regular
    Retaba wrote: »
    Down with the Broodha! for we must cleanse the Light from this Dark Galaxy.

Buddha73.

Let me assure you, I am not mafia.

Why for two days in a row are you making a point of saying your not Mafia? Thats just odd.

• Options
    DemuristDemurist Registered User regular
    I prefer Mikey, but by now it makes little difference.

Also, PF Changs is goddamn delicious.

sig.jpg
  • Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    To make it exceptionally certain in all of your understandings that I am, indeed, not mafia.

No way no how no sir.

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Retaba, are you being mind-tricked?

[color]buddha[/color] as he still reads as suspicious to me

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Argh

buddha

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    Oh shit I overslept. Buddha.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Remaining Bros: you should probably call your kill tonight so we can get at least half-organized.

• Options
    Not that it matters but Mikey . :/

• Options
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Remaining Bros: you should probably call your kill tonight so we can get at least half-organized.

Bros as in Hammer Bros?

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Matev wrote: »

Bros as in Hammer Bros?

Yeah. If we really have only a handful of mafia left it's possible we can clear them out just by getting more organized. Plus, now that one got called-out, they can have GG do it, and we're about to know whether the Jedi are willing to take them out whether they like it or not.

Auralynx on
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Speaking of organization. I have a totally batshit theory that has not been contradicted by the evidence as of yet. I need people currently on Hoth, Nal Hutta, and Fondor to PM me on the GC board though. GC alignment shouldn't matter when it comes to this here theory, so that I'm an imperial shouldn't make you hesitate.

EDIT: Alderaan, too.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    And how do you propose we do that?

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Vote closed 20 mins ago. Narration incoming.

• Options
    @enlightenedbum im on alderaan.

• Options
    DemuristDemurist Registered User regular

Oh sure. Let's have the vig reveal. Solid plan. How about tomorrow we throw down a vote on who we think the vig should kill. It's not like we would gain a better advantage by having an outed special. Without PMing, there's little point in any special revealing. It would all be the same open discussion as we have now, just pointed at somebody.

The vig should absolutely not reveal please!

sig.jpg
  • Options
    Demurist wrote: »

Oh sure. Let's have the vig reveal. Solid plan. How about tomorrow we throw down a vote on who we think the vig should kill. It's not like we would gain a better advantage by having an outed special. Without PMing, there's little point in any special revealing. It would all be the same open discussion as we have now, just pointed at somebody.

The vig should absolutely not reveal please!

See, I agreed with you until GG got called out by Buddha tonight, which is why I didn't say anything when he mentioned he could seer force alignments. If he calls something we know he's actually a bro and can follow his lead tomorrow, which is better than defaulting to what is basically Day 1-style voting.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    DAY 7 - Balance Restored

"What have we done? That tomb destroyed us and we didn't realize it, brother. I'm out. No more." Master Tolar Rolat plead with his brother.

"NONE OF THEM ARE INNOCENT." Master Essk Drakshae thundered. "They are all at fault!"

"Are they? Really? When do we put the blame on the Force? The thing that twists and ruins this entire galaxy in some sort of never-ending search for balance. I am tired of it and I'm sorry you can't see it. I welcome the separation. I welcome it no longer able to control my life."

The Jedi Council convened and for the first time since before their Temple had been infiltrated almost a decade ago, the feeling in the room was one of pure hope. The Sith were all but extinct. They had made significant inroads into the Empire's planetary control. It felt like galaxy was finally on the way to restoration. Peace and order would be restored under the influence of the Light Side.

Removed from the FORCE STRUGGLE:
    (Can no longer post in this thread, not necessarily dead in the GALACTIC CONFLICT)

Buddha73 - Dark - Will of the Force
    Retaba - Dark - Will of a Master and Will of the Fallen
    Grunt's Ghosts - Dark - Will of a Master
    Enlightenedbum - Dark - Will of the Council

MikeyCTS - Dark - Atrophied from the Force

Living Victorious

Light Side / Rebellion
    Anialos KevinBlueaye | Master Tommy Two-Face
    Auralynx WorronIxlith | Master Keer Morningstar
    Bedlam EbolaSteve | Citizen / Padawan Malakai Wookiebender
    capfalcon ThraalVigtheSecond | Citizen / Padawan
    langly Corrino | Rebel Squadron
    OminousLozenge JacintoKalar | Hammer Wilga
    premium DarthNotaGudguy | Citizen / Padawan Kanye
    SeGaTai Morastus | Rebel Admiral

Survival Neutral
    Flarne Meathead | Na.Al.P
    Ketbra boblogIII | Huggles Meister

ObiFett on
  • Options
    Huh.

I honestly had no idea we were close to losing.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Yesss, thanks for running this @Obifett!

• Options
    Player Name / Handles / Roles / Alignments:
    Anialos KevinBlueaye Master Tommy Two-Face Rebel Light
    Assuran Braceman Mandalorian Fleet Commander Cendrix Grel Rebel Dark
    Auralynx WorronIxlith Master Keer Morningstar Rebel Light
    Baidol IkneededAnaamtpost Emperor Amphibious Empire Dark
    Bedlam EbolaSteve Citizen / Malakai Wookiebender Rebel Dark
    Bucketman NothHammer Monobear Empire Dark
    Buddha73 Ridu Sterling Citizen / Max Kando Rebel Dark
    capfalcon ThraalVigtheSecond Citizen Rebel Dark
    CaptainPlanet82 PadawanLandshark Commander Don Tello Empire Dark
    CesareB PashidarCreel Dark Lord Grumpus Neutral Dark
    Cynic Jester Carth  Bobby "The Brain" Heenan Empire Dark
    Cythraul WookieeGoldberg Admiral GreyEarl Empire Light
    Demurist Kyrenic  Master Essk Drakshae Rebel Dark
    Draygo Nara Jedi Master Rebel Light
    enlightenedbum BobbinThreadbare Citizen / Hammurabi Empire Dark
    Flarne Meathead Na.Al.P Neutral Neutral
    GrimmyTOA Cridmeen Killgore Murderbarian, Mandalore the Destroyer Rebel Dark
    Grunt's Ghosts DarthGrunts Master Eliot Pengu Rebel Dark
    INANTP KennyRogers Admiral Lee Sang-hyeok (Indiscriminate) Empire Dark
    Invictus Perryx Arba'Arba-Hei Empire Light
    Iron Weasel DexSubari Captain DarkShooter (Unflinching Loyalty) Empire Dark
    jdarksun Slowbifett Citizen Rebel Dark
    Jpants amondrindt Brannigan Neutral NONE
    ketbra BobLogIII Huggles Meister Neutral Neutral
    kime TheElephant Commander Porkins Empire Dark
    langly Corrino Rebel Squadron Rebel Light
    Locus Roundabout Rebel Squadron Rebel Light
    Malkor Bucky Citizen / Headset Empire Dark
    matev JeohVohnii Obi "day9" Fett Empire Dark
    MikeyCTS Beagle Master Tolar Rolat Rebel Dark
    Mill Sprinkles Seadevil Empire Dark
    MrTlicious Anarth Citizen / Sundust Dazzlerain Empire Dark
    Nion Serasai Darth Radical Neutral Dark
    OminousLozenge JacintoKalar Hammer Wilga Rebel Light
    OptimusZed FaanCorlass Sith Lord Empire Dark
    Peccavi AnitaStarfall Admiral Target (Provocateur) Empire Dark
    phyphor Rennagen Erol Lothario Empire Light
    premium DarthNotaGudguy Citizen / Kane Rebel Dark
    Retaba NebulousAruetii Citizen / Joe Deatheanger Empire Dark
    Ringo Maykin Daye Captain Toben Ame'D Empire Dark
    SaberOverEasy Octus Commander Chester Foss Empire Light
    SeGaTai Morastus Rebel Admiral Rebel Light
    SLyM Bottrop Citizen Empire Dark
    Smasher DarthSithillus Citizen / Farsqua Kuton Rebel Dark
    The Anonymous kime Citizen / Ann Lim'ted Pahwah Rebel Dark
    Trust RangerActual Citizen / Tandar Del Empire Dark
    Typhus733 VanMeer Citizen / Var'k Moth Empire Dark
    vertroue Trollfett Sith Lord Reptilious Empire Dark
    Winky Tharan  Master Ret'Brah Rebel Light

• Options
    DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    Thanks @obifett although I had to sit this one out due to @saberovereasy being an unmasoned mafia leading a bandwagon on a real mafia. Then getting taken out immediately in the GC.

• Options
    vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    Awesome game Obi.

Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    Whoo! I broke my streak of winning but dying in an ObiPhalla!
    I totally stumbled into the win at the last second, so don't let my fearsome display of competence give you the wrong idea or anything.

• Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Huh.

The mafia had some conversions, the real mafia really didn't drop in numbers at all throughout the game

• Options
    Yay survival win.

• Options
    Also all our abilities were post powers in the Force struggle. To convert/discover GC name/train in the force/vig we had to say the persons name or quote them and type out a synonym to certain words somewhere in the post.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Keeping this short for now, have more thoughts and will post later. I need to pack for a flight tomorrow.

Thanks for playing. This game was far from perfect. I know that. If you felt lost the whole time, I am sorry. If it was too complicated, I'm sorry. If it was too unbalanced for you, I am sorry. If you had fun, then I am happy.

I tried to put as many ways for players to have fun in the way they chose to have fun as possible. The PA thread was very vanilla mafia. Just guards and vigs with Handle Seers (Village had 4 Handle Seer results per night and Empire had 4 handle-role seers as well). This was supposed to be the game where the players who like to analyze voting and posts could excel. The Galactic Conflict was meant to be the crazy and the deep and the complicated game that players could go as deep as they wanted. And it was. There were plenty of missed opportunities for softnetworking, I think. No one even tried to play the faction game there and very few players reached out to find players who were their same faction and try to organize. The few Empire players who did actually took away planets from the Rebellion.

Again, I hope some of you had fun. I am sorry to those that didn't. My main purpose was to create as many opportunities for fun for as many different types of players as possible. Thanks for playing. More thoughts later.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    premium wrote: »
    Huh.

The mafia had some conversions, the real mafia really didn't drop in numbers at all throughout the game

Huh.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Argh, I tried to talk with people, but no one wanted to!

I felt so ineffective this game it was downright frustrating!

I am glad you ran this Obi, I know you put a ton of work into these and I love playing in them, just is difficult when I can't see the forest for the trees...

Edit: They had CONVERSIONS!? THEY DIDN'T NEED CONVERSIONS IN A GAME LIKE THIS

Matev on
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Jedi Council Force Struggle: (4 people)

Cleanse: Choose a player to remove from the FORCE STRUGGLE (vig). A maximum of two Jedi Masters can use this power per cycle. This is a POST POWER. This power is used by posting a 4+ letter word that is a synonym of “Cleanse”, "Knight", "Light", or "Righteous". Targeting is done by mentioning the player’s name or quoting the target in the same post the POST POWER is used. PM the host containing a link or quote to the power use when using this power. POST POWER posts cannot be edited.
    Pierce Darkness: Choose a player to learn of their Handle in the Galactic Conflict. This is a POST POWER. This power is used by posting a 4+ letter word that is a synonym of “Pierce”, "Vision", "Clear", or "Open". Targeting is done by mentioning the player’s name or quoting the target in the same post the POST POWER is used. PM the host containing a link or quote to the power use when using this power. POST POWER posts cannot be edited.

No one seemed to catch on that post powers existed from what I read of this thread.

• Options
    Thanks for running @ObiFett ! I had fun. Survival neutral in the GC was maybe a bit too easy. Just stay quiet and avoid Bounty Hunters.

I'm really curious about the whole Renew thing though.

• Options
    I'm gonna sleep on it, but my gut reaction is that there was just SO MUCH going on that the village had no idea where to start or what to look through. Trying to be all things to all players made it this giant sphere that was terrifying to approach and you didn't know what side you were doing so on. I could be totally off base and just reacting because the victory seemed to blindside me, especially when we apparently killed eight mafia. Thanks for running though Obi, this was ambitious as all hell and must have murdered you.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Draygo wrote: »
    Jedi Council Force Struggle: (4 people)

Cleanse: Choose a player to remove from the FORCE STRUGGLE (vig). A maximum of two Jedi Masters can use this power per cycle. This is a POST POWER. This power is used by posting a 4+ letter word that is a synonym of “Cleanse”, "Knight", "Light", or "Righteous". Targeting is done by mentioning the player’s name or quoting the target in the same post the POST POWER is used. PM the host containing a link or quote to the power use when using this power. POST POWER posts cannot be edited.
    Pierce Darkness: Choose a player to learn of their Handle in the Galactic Conflict. This is a POST POWER. This power is used by posting a 4+ letter word that is a synonym of “Pierce”, "Vision", "Clear", or "Open". Targeting is done by mentioning the player’s name or quoting the target in the same post the POST POWER is used. PM the host containing a link or quote to the power use when using this power. POST POWER posts cannot be edited.

No one seemed to catch on that post powers existed from what I read of this thread.

Village Specials knew they existed (since they had the POST POWERS) and Baidol had 4-5 mafia pegged since he knew of the powers, but he didn't act on the knowledge. Mafia found many of the specials by analzying posts effectively and hiding their powers with clever use of wording (except Anialos :P )

• Options
    Matev wrote: »
    Argh, I tried to talk with people, but no one wanted to!

I felt so ineffective this game it was downright frustrating!

I am glad you ran this Obi, I know you put a ton of work into these and I love playing in them, just is difficult when I can't see the forest for the trees...

Edit: They had CONVERSIONS!? THEY DIDN'T NEED CONVERSIONS IN A GAME LIKE THIS

Conversions could only target the rebel faction. And only people with not enough connection to the dark side of the force. I think the proboards are open if you want to take a look at the specific powers.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    I'm gonna sleep on it, but my gut reaction is that there was just SO MUCH going on that the village had no idea where to start or what to look through. Trying to be all things to all players made it this giant sphere that was terrifying to approach and you didn't know what side you were doing so on. I could be totally off base and just reacting because the victory seemed to blindside me, especially when we apparently killed eight mafia. Thanks for running though Obi, this was ambitious as all hell and must have murdered you.

This, basically. What was up with Renew? Fluff?

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.