As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Marvel] - NOW What?

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Amigu wrote: »
    Avengers Arena kinda spun its wheels this week /:

I think it was necessary though, to answer the question of "why isn't anyone looking for them" and to update what's going on outside Murderworld.

also with regards to the question Arcade didn't want to answer at the end, I think the real answer is
    "I didn't kill any of them, I merely showed them who they were and what they were capable of." He created the situation, but Katy's choices are all on her, and most of the pain and death has come from her, not Arcade.

• Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    Amigu wrote: »
    Avengers Arena kinda spun its wheels this week /:

Nothing actually changed in the story, but it answered a lot of questions about
    what's going on in the outside world, why nobody's looking for the kids, and what the deal was with that Mettle robot.

• Options
    Romero ZombieRomero Zombie Registered User regular
    Nice to wrap up this Thor story. I'm gonna have to go back and marathon them. Really hoping they can keep up with the overall feel of this last arc

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    November solits are up

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=47327

First thing I noticed is that Iron Man #17 seem sto be the last issue of the "Iron Man in space" arc. Bummer.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Also Venom and Captain Marvel are missing.

Kelly Sue says there is "exciting news coming", though.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Captain Venom?!?

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    Okay so time to figure out who's on the young avengers cover via hands

also holy shit Spider-Girl in a book!!

• Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    Also avengers arena ends with issue 18. To be replaced by a new series based on solicits.

• Options
    Romero ZombieRomero Zombie Registered User regular
    So help me out with Avengers Arena and the most recent issue -
    So the Mettle talking to Pym at the end, is that the real Mettle? Or a Robo Mettle? Or is the Mettle which was blown up in the beginning of the series the robot Mettle and Arcade is fucking with them bad? Or is this what I'm supposed to be thinking and they really haven't come and said what's what yet?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    So the Mettle talking to Pym at the end, is that the real Mettle? Or a Robo Mettle? Or is the Mettle which was blown up in the beginning of the series the robot Mettle and Arcade is fucking with them bad? Or is this what I'm supposed to be thinking and they really haven't come and said what's what yet?
    It's a fake Mettle

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular

It's the robot one I'd wager.
    Though it's made from Mettle's skin I guess.

The line was "The kid's skin hid my cybernetics nicely.". Suppose it could be cyber zombie Mettle. Either way, not real Mettle and/or being controlled to fool real world.

• Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    November solits are up

First thing I noticed is that Iron Man #17 seem sto be the last issue of the "Iron Man in space" arc. Bummer.

Man, seems like I missed the announcements of some interesting-looking stuff. Fantomex MAX? Marvel Knights Spider-Man? Infinity: The Hunt? Neat stuff. And there's a Complete Mini-Marvels, as well as a collection of Gail Simone's Deadpool stuff, coming out.

Kind of a shame they're wasting a dope Ron Wimberly cover, on a book with Greg Land interior art. Check out those White Tiger and Power Man redesigns.

KeUsuth.jpg

• Options
    holy crap that's pretty

• Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    Yeah, Wimberly's great. He did Prince of Cats, at Vertigo. And he's doing an issue of Prophet pretty soon, which should be awesome.

• Options
    BullioBullio Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Does anyone know if redeeming the digital code included in the print version of Infinity also net you the Infinite comic?

Bullio on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I can confirm that it does, from my own personal experience.

• Options
    I bought the code off ebay and not only did the digital version of it come with the infinite comic built in, but it also came with a separate version of it too.

• Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    Munch wrote: »
    KeUsuth.jpg

*SIGH*

• Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    "penciled by GREG LAND"

Nice bait and switch with the Wimberly cover.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    I'd kill for just once to see "Traced by Greg Land" on the solicits

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    BullioBullio Registered User regular
    Good to know re: Infinity digital codes. Now to actually win one of these ebay auctions...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    November solits are up

It's a bummer but how long could they honestly keep that going with Tony being in GotG at the same time? Having a definite "ok, now he's back on earth point" means that he could of easily peaced out to space, done all his fun GotG stuff and then once that is over his big space arc in Iron Man can pick up and bring him back to Earth.

Speaking of, how is GotG? It seems to be on the kinda campy fun side of life and something I might dig on.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    November solits are up

It's a bummer but how long could they honestly keep that going with Tony being in GotG at the same time? Having a definite "ok, now he's back on earth point" means that he could of easily peaced out to space, done all his fun GotG stuff and then once that is over his big space arc in Iron Man can pick up and bring him back to Earth.

Speaking of, how is GotG? It seems to be on the kinda campy fun side of life and something I might dig on.

Its got a lot of Bendis flare with surprisingly strong voices for the characters. The plot's fairly serious but there is a lot of room for the characters to breath and all the action scenes have Avengers movie-esc fun.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular

It's the robot one I'd wager.
    Though it's made from Mettle's skin I guess.

The line was "The kid's skin hid my cybernetics nicely.". Suppose it could be cyber zombie Mettle. Either way, not real Mettle and/or being controlled to fool real world.

Cybernetics is not robotics
    I'd say he destroyed robot Mettle as a fakeout, and has control of real Mettle via cybernetics

• Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    I can't not see Ohhh faces here, also Thor's pelvis in Black Widow's face
    AVEN2012023_LFYu.jpg

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    who's responsible for those covers

they did 15, as well, and it was terrible

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Woah, Marvel is actually releasing Simone's Deadpool run? That's awesome./

• Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    also- is that blue lady supposed to be Gamora?

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    I think it's one of Thanatos' new friends. SuperGiant.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Please, don't start a discussion about Gamora's skin color

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    There's no discussion to be had

you can't argue about colour with people whose eyes clearly don't work

Solar on
  • Options
    Antimatter wrote: »
    who's responsible for those covers

they did 15, as well, and it was terrible

Pretty sure that's Leinil Yu.

A guy whose art is extremely hit or miss for me.

• Options
    Solar wrote: »
    There's no discussion to be had

you can't argue about colour with people whose eyes clearly don't work
    Or who have trouble communicating properly ;)

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I don't think I can go another 94 pages with one of the primary colors being banned, man

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    TBOLTS2012014-int-LR-2-346ce.jpg
    TBOLTS2012014-int-LR-3-50875.jpg
    TBOLTS2012014-int-LR-4-c3849.jpg

Okay

Okay Thunderbolts, you won yourself an issue.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    Who's writing it now?

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Charles Soule

• Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Red Leader? Cripes.

EDIT: Too fast.

How has Deadpool not driven him out of his goddamn mind making Star Wars jokes yet?

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    Charles Soule

Wow, guy is also writing Swamp Thing, Red Lanterns, and Superman/Wonderman for DC. Not too many writers with that Bendis-like schedule right now.

Actually the Superman/Wonderman book starts in October but he's also doing something for Oni Press called Letter 44. That's 5 ongoings at once.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    Charles Soule

Wow, guy is also writing Swamp Thing, Red Lanterns, and Superman/Wonderman for DC. Not too many writers with that Bendis-like schedule right now.

Actually the Superman/Wonderman book starts in October but he's also doing something for Oni Press called Letter 44. That's 5 ongoings at once.

It's even crazier. He is also a practicing lawyer: http://www.soulelaw.net/

This discussion has been closed.